Still no way to play this on PC yet?

E Revere

E Revere

I'm just saying, it's 2024. I'm not familiar with modding and the difficulties of making a port. I don't know the troubles of editing the main.scm and whatnot. But seriously, how come this still hasn't been done yet? How about instead of a full-on conversion, just a mod that recreates the missions of VCS from scratch in VC or something like that? Is that too hard as well?

Β 

Since the shutdown of Re:VCS and the death of the VCS PC Edition, do we have any news about a potential port of VCS? Has anyone else (who is serious) attempted to undertake the project at all?

Β 

It just sucks that even after all these years, if I want to play VCS, I have to play it with an emulator without the comfort of keyboard and mouse, especially after Re:LCS.

Edited by E Revere

Even if modders can make one, they can still get a copyright strike like that lcs pc mod.

For now there is one emulator-like if you don't know about it that works really well with keyboard and mouseΒ specifically but don't know how safe it is.

I downloaded that on my other PC and it works really well with keyboard and didn't seem to have any virus with..the ones I scanned with, but I avoid downloading it on my main one.

Edited by 44Orca

Β 2dQaqi9.pngΒ purple-diamond-gem.gif

E Revere
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 44Orca said:

Even if modders can make one, they can still get a copyright strike like that lcs pc mod.

For now there is one emulator-like just by searching GTA VCS PC on youtube if you don't know about it, and it's the first one, has a download link under on the description post for some of the videos but don't know how safe it is.

I downloaded that on my other PC and it works really well with keyboard and didn't seem to have any virus with..the ones I scanned with, but I avoid downloading it on my main one.

I already know about emulators. They're not a permanent solution

Edited by E Revere

Ehrmantraut

Well, GTA VCS doesn't exist for Rockstar, so a PC port will never happen, and Rockstar/TakeTwo won't allow modders to work on a total conversion (don't think they can convert stuff from VCS to VC either, though I'm might be mistaken). The only choice left really is to use Emulators.

Currently playing Polybius

Β I said about this specific one since you can use keyboard and mouse well quoting what you saidΒ  (you don't have to do anything from settings, everything is already set).

I have to play it with an emulator without the comfort of keyboard and mouse

But yeah I'd prefer an actual pc port too but for now it's the best we have at the moment that's why I mentioned it. F1 for the game's main menu, to see stats/map etc.

Rockstar/GSG only had their attention on the main trilogy games to remaster, they seem to have completely forgotten LCS and VCS. Maybe there was a chance of remasters from GSG but since they no longer with Rockstar, we might never see a remaster either or they want someone else to do it in the future.

Edited by 44Orca

GTAFanLuca

I've played the game for years on PPSSPP by using a mouse + keyboard configuration without any problems.Β 

E Revere
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 44Orca said:

Β I said about this specific one since you can use keyboard and mouse well quoting what you saidΒ  (you don't have to do anything from settings, everything is already set).

But yeah I'd prefer an actual pc port too but for now it's the best we have at the moment that's why I mentioned it. F1 for the game's main menu, to see stats/map etc.

Rockstar/GSG only had their attention on the main trilogy games to remaster, they seem to have completely forgotten LCS and VCS. Maybe there was a chance of remasters from GSG but since they no longer with Rockstar, we might never see a remaster either or they want someone else to do it in the future.

I looked up the thing you mentioned and it doesn't exactly look like smooth mouse movement but rather like a controller. Is that just from one video or is it always like that?

Β 

Β Β 

6 hours ago, Ehrmantraut said:

(don't think they can convert stuff from VCS to VC either,

well, then not convert but just make the missions from scratch with new code. Surely it's possible

Edited by E Revere

37 minutes ago, E Revere said:

I looked up the thing you mentioned and it doesn't exactly look like smooth mouse movement but rather like a controller. Is that just from one video or is it always like that?

Yeah it's not as smooth, still emulator but works a lot better to me, you get used to it, you can free aim or lock on targets just fine, look up, look down and stays there.Β I think you can make it a bit faster I haven't tried since it doesn't bother me.

The car camera sucks though. III and Vice City didn't even have moving camera for vehicles so it's still something.

Edited by 44Orca