Bottom Dollar Bounty - Vehicle Discussion and Speculation

PP.Fang

PP.Fang

Am I even allowed to make this thread? Or is this some official thing that can only be made by admins? Anyways…

Apart from the hypercar that’s hinted a while back, the trailer confirmed the following new vehicles:

All new: Mercedes W201 (cover), Hyundai N Vision 74, Bentley Mulliner Batar

New variants: Impalas SZ police, Greenword police, Dorado police

And some possibly new drift tunes for existing vehicles.

Apologies ahead of time if this gets locked for being repetitive or “unofficial”.

• Like 3

Insoluble Fiber

and police bravado durango !

Wastelander (Suzuki)

The Police Dorado is a very odd but welcome choice.

In all honesty the Rancher XL should have had been the older SUV used as LAPD still has a Tahoe from the late 90s that is in semi-active use (Not just a parade princeness:

That and IRL 1st gen Durangos in Police Spec even back in the day were insanely f*cking rare. Like to the point where within the time frame they would have seen service I lived in Rural Area outside of Kingsbay Naval Base in Camden County, Georgia (yes the one from all the World's Wildest Police Chases episodes) only to then move to Newport News because my dad got stationed at Norfolk. I might have maybe seen exactly one 1st gen Durango in police spec. Went from a rural area that is part of an infamous drug running route out of Florida, to a major Metro area and only saw maybe one Durango.

Edited by Wastelander (Suzuki)

ddarko12
46 minutes ago, PP.Fang said:

Bentley Mulliner Batar

Wait where

Pedinhuh

Since the talk is vehicles, then I want to know what they will do with the dlc cars from the SSASSS and After Hours updates now that drag races are coming to the creator.

Because, if they simply do not limit the selection of cars we can use on those player-created drag races, then using these old DLC cars with those annoying advanced handling flags would be weird with a manual transmission...Or they're going to disable the flags for those races.

The tuner cars on those races have the hard_rev_limit flag disabled already, so if you stance them, they can reach speeds higher than 130 mph and don't abruptly cut down the acceleration at their final gears.

JFrank03
1 hour ago, Wastelander (Suzuki) said:

The Police Dorado is a very odd but welcome choice.

In all honesty the Rancher XL should have had been the older SUV used as LAPD still has a Tahoe from the late 90s that is in semi-active use (Not just a parade princeness:

That and IRL 1st gen Durangos in Police Spec even back in the day were insanely f*cking rare. Like to the point where within the time frame they would have seen service I lived in Rural Area outside of Kingsbay Naval Base in Camden County, Georgia (yes the one from all the World's Wildest Police Chases episodes) only to then move to Newport News because my dad got stationed at Norfolk. I might have maybe seen exactly one 1st gen Durango in police spec. When from a rural area that is part of an infamous drug running route out of Florida, to a major Metro area and only saw maybe on Durango.

As much as I like the Dorado, I do find it strange that they made a police version, as you said it's pretty rare, the Rancher XL, Aleutian, or Granger 3600LX would've worked too, at the end of the day I'm not complaining though, I still like it, gives me Need For Speed Most Wanted/Carbon vibes.

• Like 5

PP.Fang
2 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

Wait where

last scene of trailer

There’s a green car among the ones chased by the police.

Plocospermataceae

Year 11 of GTA Online, still no sign of MX5 :bruh:

AUScowboy

Here’s hoping that Mercedes isn’t electric lol. There’s no well known electric meme version of that like the R5 is there?

• Like 2

BaId_Razor

spacer.png

I had a hope this gonna be W124 500E, but yeah, It looks too similar to W201 EVO

Barrtek
4 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

Wait where

img%5D 
It's probably a model from GTA6, but it's nice to see a new ENUS in GTAO

Edited by Barrtek

1 hour ago, AUScowboy said:

Here’s hoping that Mercedes isn’t electric lol. There’s no well known electric meme version of that like the R5 is there?

There is ...

It was a german project called the 190E elektro and given we already have 2 potentially 3 EVs with the bentley this is does not bode well.Mercedes-190E-Electro-00-1024x555.jpg

Granted this was back in 1990 but still and it delivered... 44hp:lmaokek:

Edited by CUTS3R

AUScowboy

Odds are the Hyundai will be fully electric as opposed to hydrogen hybrid?

You know with all the recent hard on for EVs R* has been having for the past 2 to 3 dlcs now, I guarantee you that they will grant me a new GTR at some point, possibly even in this DLC but ... Monkey paw curls and its the Hyper Force concept instead:bruh:

That would piss me off so much.

Edited by CUTS3R
  • Like 1

carnerd3000
2 hours ago, AUScowboy said:

Even though this is R*, I'm not worried about that car being electric. Unless it was some restomod or one-off SEMA concept car, I don't think they'll make a basic '90's car electric for no reason.

Looks interesting so far. I like the car selection they showed off, including the Hyundai N Vision 74. Are we finally getting a new Bollokan? Or are they going to be stupid and put the car under another brand name?

• Like 3

Vaporsharky

Interesting that the Greenwood squad car has a livery based off Boston Police units from the 70s and 80s. Seems like an odd fit for Los Santos, but it also has the hood sign from the Michigan State Police as an option so it seems like they got creative!

I wonder what other liveries will be available this time around... and what details will be completely wrong lol. I really appreciated all the options we had in the Chop Shop update, but so many of them had nonsense logos that didn't match the departments at all. Hopefully the art team had more freedom to make new assets this time... although I think the cursed LSPD logo with the sheriff star is on this livery, so maybe that's wishful thinking.

image.png.8544bdf54b15314fec962e65ccc4d07d.png

Spoiler

af2ebc3cc541ff6baad036f004d5c31031626cca

• Like 3

JFrank03
37 minutes ago, Vaporsharky said:

Interesting that the Greenwood squad car has a livery based off Boston Police units from the 70s and 80s. Seems like an odd fit for Los Santos, but it also has the hood sign from the Michigan State Police as an option so it seems like they got creative!

I wonder what other liveries will be available this time around... and what details will be completely wrong lol. I really appreciated all the options we had in the Chop Shop update, but so many of them had nonsense logos that didn't match the departments at all. Hopefully the art team had more freedom to make new assets this time... although I think the cursed LSPD logo with the sheriff star is on this livery, so maybe that's wishful thinking.

image.png.8544bdf54b15314fec962e65ccc4d07d.png

Hide contents

af2ebc3cc541ff6baad036f004d5c31031626cca

Ah so that's where that's from! It's definitely weird that they chose that livery.. and the hood plaque, but at the same time it's cool, makes me wonder if we'll see liveries based on other cities or states?

I also wonder.. but yeah the wrong details were pretty dumb on the Stanier "Los Santos Highway Patrol" like wtf (•-•) 

• Like 1

Roadkillghost1

In the main forum, I asked the users what Halloween vehicle they think will be added in this update, as it has been in the last two updates. My theories were the Oldsmobile Delta 88 from Evil Dead or the Lincoln Continental Mark III from The Car. Some others mentioned the Plymouth Fury/Belvedere from Christine and the truck from Jeepers Creepers. Anyone else have any theories for what they could add?

AUScowboy
18 minutes ago, Roadkillghost1 said:

In the main forum, I asked the users what Halloween vehicle they think will be added in this update, as it has been in the last two updates. My theories were the Oldsmobile Delta 88 from Evil Dead or the Lincoln Continental Mark III from The Car. Some others mentioned the Plymouth Fury/Belvedere from Christine and the truck from Jeepers Creepers. Anyone else have any theories for what they could add?

Airwolf. A bit of a Hail Mary pipe dream, but I know a few forum OGs who would be delighted.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Roadkillghost1
19 minutes ago, AUScowboy said:

Airwolf. A bit of a Hail Mary pipe dream, but I know a few forum OGs who would be delighted.

I've never seen Airwolf but I know it's the helicopter. Does that work as a horror related vehicle though? Like how the Weevil Rat Rod has a demonic vibe to depending on what mods you use, or how the Brigham is related to ghost hunting?

Wastelander (Suzuki)
5 minutes ago, Roadkillghost1 said:

I've never seen Airwolf but I know it's the helicopter. Does that work as a horror related vehicle though? Like how the Weevil Rat Rod has a demonic vibe to depending on what mods you use, or how the Brigham is related to ghost hunting?

It's 80s enough that it should just be added for Rule of Cool reasons, we already have Knight Rider's K.I.T.T and the Oppressor MKI is basically from a show that was "Knight Rider, but K.I.T.T is a bike".

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Roadkillghost1
20 minutes ago, Wastelander (Suzuki) said:

It's 80s enough that it should just be added for Rule of Cool reasons, we already have Knight Rider's K.I.T.T and the Oppressor MKI is basically from a show that was "Knight Rider, but K.I.T.T is a bike".

Oh yeah, I understand that, it's just the point I meant is that it would be a vehicle that could relate to Halloween due to it already having horror based connotations if that makes sense? It's still a cool choice in general though.

AUScowboy

The Vigilante was added as a Halloween vehicle and that’s not horror related.

• Like 1

blk95ta

I love the fact they are adding more cop cars, especially the greenwood (Rosco P. Coltrane patrol car build is a must), but they should give us this truck as well since it's a bounty hunter themed DLC....

2016-10-13_19-37-18.jpg

Edited by blk95ta

braisedcloset

What're the chances for the Ferrari Daytona sp3?

spacer.png

Looking at past updates, we've gotten Ferraris for the last 2. With the Ommagio it was shown on the poster while the stinger was not. Also, pretty much every update in the past has had a ferrari/lambo/koenigseg/aston Martin/porsche (basically some fancy well known super/sports/hyper car) on day 1, and with that mid electric junk coming a week later I am praying to any god that hears my prayer that this one is added

• Like 3

CarcerCityMadMan

I have a feeling there is more cars in the drip feed, i cant see them showing everything in the trailer. The dlc is to carry on for many months im sure they got more as well as some halloween related stuff.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan

Just now, CarcerCityMadMan said:

I have a feeling there more cars in the drip feed i cant see them showing everything in the trailer. The Dlc is to carry on for many months im sure they got more as well as some halloween related stuff.

I suspect at least one or two of the cars shown in the trailer will be in the dripfeed. Getting all of them on day one seems too good to be true.

ddarko12
2 hours ago, braisedcloset said:

What're the chances for the Ferrari Daytona sp3?

spacer.png

Looking at past updates, we've gotten Ferraris for the last 2. With the Ommagio it was shown on the poster while the stinger was not. Also, pretty much every update in the past has had a ferrari/lambo/koenigseg/aston Martin/porsche (basically some fancy well known super/sports/hyper car) on day 1, and with that mid electric junk coming a week later I am praying to any god that hears my prayer that this one is added

The stinger was actually teased for the GTA+ garage.

Anyway, I feel like it might be a slim possibility but that uglass f*ckin Overflod is probably going to be the token super/hyper for this update.

As far as dripfeed... I have a feeling it'll be like Summer 2022. The car selection is very similar. In other words, very good with something for almost everyone.

• Like 3

BMXMario

I wonder which vehicles are included in the drip-feed that aren't flashy enough to be featured in the trailer or artwork.

• Like 1

Aquamaniac
7 hours ago, Vaporsharky said:

As you mention it, State Trooper liveries should read San Andreas instead of Los Santos? Maybe they get it right this time. Liberty Police liveries would be cool.

• Like 1