Vice City Styled Stories Redux: Patch

Mist_86

Mist_86
Posted (edited)

image.png.7996eaae4ad0f87a2ddad70b33f37263.png 

image.png.cc0934121a31e3450871cab35304189c.png

Have you ever felt like VC Styled Stories felt so.. Empty and Unfinished? because it was... Even with the VCS Redux mod? 
Well now your Problems are Solved!

With the use of VCS Redux which was made by Claudiu Florea. Go check it out, I managed to make a more Stable and 

Finished version of it. Patching most of the issues and adding more Unique features to make the game 

feel more like its Stories counterpat

image.png.b93a8a736062e3a1a0708ef2cb4b19bb.png

Fixed the Cuban Outfit glitch 

More Stories Style car handling because the original mods just used regular VC handling

Interactable Menu Map (Well.. its self explanatory.)

Grenade Launcher M4 (you need grenades.. obviously, TAB + E are used to launch them, hold them for longer distances (maximum is 3))

The Deluxo and the SpandEx Mule and the Mr Whoopee now spawn in Traffic.

VC Radio.. with new tracks for VCFL, PARADISE FM and FRESH 105

(1984 Radio Files will be included as optional)

Improved Traffic Paths and Traffic for the Leaf Links bridge have been added

Buying Back Weapons (Why wasn't this included in the first place?)

Hanging Up the Phone (Well.. It's self explanatory aswel. Just press F to skip the call)

More VCPD Mavericks spawn with the more stars you get (2 stars is 1, 3 is 2 ect..)

Severed Limbs (GTA 3 STYLE GORE!!!!)

Saves load on game start, or if you don't have a save file, it starts a new game upon launch.

Green police vehicles!!.. Mostly because they look nicer in all green. With edited textures to give them more "Variety".

Outfits no longer reset to the "Street" outfit once Dying.

More VCS assets return!: the Infamous Little Havana-to-Escobar International Airport Terminal road returns! 
alongside are the Miamta Cinema, that one trailer cafe/food restaurant in vice point,

Le Singe 'd Abre (glendale spawns there as well thanks to VCS buildings n' Props) the Clintz! Bar 
and other smaller stores scattered around that area thanks to the Buildings and Props mod, and me porting the files in myself.

Aspirine now COMPLETELY fixes your vehicle instead of just its tires and health

Bugs left to fix

Firefighter Streetfighter softlock *FIXED*

Zebra Cab Crash (no idea what could cause this issue)

Other Planned Stuff!

DOWNTOWN Trailer Park (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)

MORE VCS Billboards and Props

Auto-Collect Empire profits (reccomended by @PointlessRedemption)

More Vehicle spawn Locations

Army Armadillo (replaces the Hunter), Air Ambulance, Fire Copter

And maybe even some VCS Side-Missions!

Keep in Mind these are all "Planned" not Confirmed!

image.png.476c259e46cff83153c72c917cf33bb7.png                     

AGAIN, UNDER MAINTENANCE

Just drag in a 1.0 EXE, Either that or drag it over a clean VC copy and delete player.bmp and DO NOT add an ASI Loader

image.png.9df41dfaef1d13debfcec540e7a0a689.png

VCPD Escapades.pngTaxi in the Rain.pngSentinel XS Drift.pngPatriot.pngLe Singe d' Abre.pngBenny's Boat Restaurant.pngLeo Teal's Restaurant?.pngMiamta Cinema.pngLittle Havana VCPD Stairs Restored.png

Edited by Mist_86
Screenshots! ! !

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Just a suggestion. You should add screens to the post. Sounds promising. 

Mist_86
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

Just a suggestion. You should add screens to the post. Sounds promising. 

I will, i just gotta find good ones.

And there you go.

Edited by Mist_86
Screenshots!

SNAKE_LS

I have seen your work from the ds server, very good, makes me want to play Vice City.

Mist_86

Here's an Early version of the Trailer Park! Just so you guys know this mod isnt dead:

image.thumb.png.3745fb2a2c9fcce976a85cab27ea92fb.pngimage.thumb.png.a7312a6534f2ecd448fd5cf84bfcf2d0.pngimage.thumb.png.c7aa2817018112c4d24323916d874327.png

• Like 1

Mist_86
Posted (edited)

Two NEW additions:
VCPD Stinger (replaces the VCPD Cheetah, thought it would give the game more Variety

image.png.8805750903be1b9c07d3db9f486b4bb0.png

And Kings Knuts converted to VC! (with an actual Interior!)

image.thumb.png.7106211d2189f8bf2c8303ef9db3d7f9.png

image.thumb.png.3aaad504641891a4d120ade2e7fa3b07.png

Also added: Unused "VICE SQUAD" vigilante name

Edited by Mist_86
  • Like 1

WedaSan

Excellent! Even some VCS shortcut like the airport road was also added.

What about the other shortcut which is this one? It's near Fort Baxter.

1000?cb=20230625093102

That bridge is missing in VC. I have been searching the mod that adds it like the airport road mod but no avail.

1000?cb=20230625095231

Are you also going to add Benny's Restaurant cruiser as well? Just like the Trailer Park so there will be less empty area which formerly had things in VCS.

Adding Jet Ski would also be excellent idea. I once implemeted it via MVL and it succeeded, although it's not perfect as it lacks bike's element like you got ejected when you crash as well as can shoot forward. There are couple of small "docks" in some west parts of the eastern island which are empty (no water transport) and Skimmer is only parked near that movie studio.

Also those small houses in the middle of the ocean near that lighthouse. 

VCS: latest?cb=20190404190335

VC: latest?cb=20190404190310

Sorry if I asked too much, I was just excited to see couple of VCS properties will return to its former glory in VC.

Edited by WedaSan

Mist_86
9 minutes ago, WedaSan said:

Excellent! Even some VCS shortcut like the airport road was also added.

What about the other shortcut which is this one? It's near Fort Baxter.

1000?cb=20230625093102

That bridge is missing in VC. I have been searching the mod that adds it like the airport road mod but no avail.

1000?cb=20230625095231

Are you also going to add Benny's Restaurant cruiser as well? Just like the Trailer Park so there will be less empty area which formerly had things in VCS.

Adding Jet Ski would also be excellent idea. I once implemeted it via MVL and it succeeded, although it's not perfect as it lacks bike's element like you got ejected when you crash as well as can shoot forward. There are couple of small "docks" in some west parts of the eastern island which are empty (no water transport) and Skimmer is only parked near that movie studio.

Also those small houses in the middle of the ocean near that lighthouse. 

VCS: latest?cb=20190404190335

VC: latest?cb=20190404190310

Sorry if I asked too much, I was just excited to see couple of VCS properties will return to its formee glory in VC.

No problem, Benny's is back, the jetski is planned, but i've got 0 idea on how to edit the vehicle sounds each.. well vehicle, uses, and that bridge, its definetly gonna be added the moment i find out how to export collisions properly, but in the meantime, i managed to add back those small little dock thingies around Ocean and Washington Beach :) 

ImageImage

As well as the extended wooden port.. dock.. thingy 

I obviously have to edit its "paths" tho, because i dont think its good for business when a bunch of bushes are blocking your entry image.thumb.png.e523a1656903ecc6c1192d31d46f23cb.png

WedaSan

Oh, I almost forgot to ask these. It's still about "renovating" some VC properties into its prime time in VCS:

-Mendez mansion in Prawn Island. It's in ruins in VC.

-Lance's house in the southernmost part of the east island. It had front entrance facing the road in VCS.

-Victor's penthouse in the east island. It "deformed" into smaller apartment in VC. I think it was called Clymenus Suite. It's near Chunder Wheel, or should I say...Avery Construction Site.

Oh man, seems like the pictures I added on my previous comment cannot be seen, and I cannot upload pictures from my files either. Oh, well I'd just share the source link alternatively.

Wooden bridge 

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Little_Havana_Wooden_Bridge

Stilt houses near the lighthouse

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Stilt_houses

Could you also please...add that bridge as individual? I would also love to see them in vanilla VC and it would be a great shortcut like that airport road.

Edited by WedaSan

Mist_86
5 hours ago, WedaSan said:

Oh, I almost forgot to ask these. It's still about "renovating" some VC properties into its prime time in VCS:

-Mendez mansion in Prawn Island. It's in ruins in VC.

-Lance's house in the southernmost part of the east island. It had front entrance facing the road in VCS.

-Victor's penthouse in the east island. It "deformed" into smaller apartment in VC. I think it was called Clymenus Suite. It's near Chunder Wheel, or should I say...Avery Construction Site.

Oh man, seems like the pictures I added on my previous comment cannot be seen, and I cannot upload pictures from my files either. Oh, well I'd just share the source link alternatively.

Wooden bridge 

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Little_Havana_Wooden_Bridge

Stilt houses near the lighthouse

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Stilt_houses

Could you also please...add that bridge as individual? I would also love to see them in vanilla VC and it would be a great shortcut like that airport road.

Well, The Mendez Mansion has been taken over by the Sharks, So I don't see the point in adding it back.

Lance's house is also planned, I just have to edit the Vegetation so it doesn't clip into the garage (might even make Cars spawn there?)

Victor's penthouse is definetly do-able, but just like before, i'll need to make the collisions from scratch

and the Stilt houses at the lighthouse.. I'll have to check if they're even enterable due to the rampage and package pickup.

But thanks for the reccomendations!

PointlessRedemption

Hope you don't mind me asking but are daily incomes a thing? (As in, you get money from the assets automatically instead of picking it up like in OG Vice City?)

WedaSan

I see.

BTW is there even mod that adds VCS wooden bridge to VC?

I only find VCS airport road mod, but haven't tested it since my VC save hasn't unlocked the western island yet. This is what I found.

https://www.gtainside.com/en/vicecity/maps/83928-new-airport-road-like-a-vcs

Please tell me if there's VCS bridge mod existing. Or at least could you pretty please make one yourself if there isn't any?

Just the addition of that bridge alone would be nice. No need to change the whole surroundings besides the bridge itself. 

(Double-click to see the picture)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by WedaSan

Mist_86
6 hours ago, PointlessRedemption said:

Hope you don't mind me asking but are daily incomes a thing? (As in, you get money from the assets automatically instead of picking it up like in OG Vice City?)

Nope, sorry, but that's another thing that'll go onto the list of ideas! Thanks for reminding me about that

6 hours ago, WedaSan said:

I see.

BTW is there even mod that adds VCS wooden bridge to VC?

I only find VCS airport road mod, but haven't tested it since my VC save hasn't unlocked the western island yet. This is what I found.

https://www.gtainside.com/en/vicecity/maps/83928-new-airport-road-like-a-vcs

Please tell me if there's VCS bridge mod existing. Or at least could you pretty please make one yourself if there isn't any?

Just the addition of that bridge alone would be nice. No need to change the whole surroundings besides the bridge itself. 

(Double-click to see the picture)

spacer.png

spacer.png

From what i remember there's no such thing as an airport bridge mod, but if i manage to do it, i'll add it in, or a slightly different version of it anyways

PointlessRedemption
1 hour ago, Mist_86 said:

Nope, sorry, but that's another thing that'll go onto the list of ideas! Thanks for reminding me about that

Hey, knowing it could be implemented is more than enough for me to be happy. Keep up the great work!

Mist_86
1 hour ago, PointlessRedemption said:

Hey, knowing it could be implemented is more than enough for me to be happy. Keep up the great work!

Thanks man, i appreciate it :)

Mist_86
Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 8:24 PM, PointlessRedemption said:

Well, i wanted to add the bridge back, but i decided to put my own spin on it! here's an early sneak peek into my idea: 

image.png.7fd6e528b44a71ae12ebe80cef4dbc4d.png

it uses the normally unused vice point broken bridge model!

Edited by Mist_86
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 11:24 AM, Mist_86 said:

Here's an Early version of the Trailer Park! Just so you guys know this mod isnt dead:

image.thumb.png.3745fb2a2c9fcce976a85cab27ea92fb.pngimage.thumb.png.a7312a6534f2ecd448fd5cf84bfcf2d0.pngimage.thumb.png.c7aa2817018112c4d24323916d874327.png

This is mod looks great, I'm looking forward to it! But imo, this trailer park doesn't fit for that location, that's just my opinion.

Ytalo S

Do you have a Discord server showing the development of these fixes?

Mist_86
On 6/18/2024 at 4:37 PM, Reizov said:

This is mod looks great, I'm looking forward to it! But imo, this trailer park doesn't fit for that location, that's just my opinion.

Well.. I wanted to add the original VCS version back but by then, BJ or Tommy would've owned that entire patch of land legally or.. Illegaly, and I don't think they'd want some white trash making a ruckus in their "backyard"

10 hours ago, Ytalo S said:

Do you have a Discord server showing the development of these fixes?

Not really, but I guess the barcode studia server's good enough?

WedaSan
On 6/17/2024 at 4:30 AM, Mist_86 said:

Well, i wanted to add the bridge back, but i decided to put my own spin on it! here's an early sneak peek into my idea: 

Cool! 😃

Can you also make it as individual mod so I can also enjoy it in original Vice City? 

Mist_86
On 6/23/2024 at 10:37 PM, WedaSan said:

Cool! 😃

Can you also make it as individual mod so I can also enjoy it in original Vice City? 

I'll try my best to add it in, the moment I find the other connecting piece of the land! but in the meantime: here's a little update on the car part of the game:
Instead of the VCS Sharks Rancher roaming around prawn and vice point, I remade (all done by myself, thanks to the VCS Burrito) the VC Gang Burrito!
image.png.4a58cc74f7ac073f8e87e18902026523.png

(It's two extras)

image.thumb.png.180128cd572ff82d33d766647f49fe11.png
image.png.550ecf2b8fc5f0db65c433d71cfc8230.png

image.thumb.png.821ae485cade05c09bb204f355f45dea.png

Gang Burrito compared to the Regular Burrito

• 2 weeks later...
WedaSan
On 6/17/2024 at 4:30 AM, Mist_86 said:

Could you please share the bridge files?

Also can you also make it as the normal bridge like it was in VCS?

Mist_86
4 hours ago, WedaSan said:

Could you please share the bridge files?

Also can you also make it as the normal bridge like it was in VCS?

A: You can take it out of the game when it releases
B: Sure, I'll add it in as an "optional" file