Physical or digital game? Which one should I buy

Gettin up

Gettin up

I havent bought any physical games since 2012 but I do wonder will you get some extras or benefits, if you buy the physical copy of the game?

roggek
Posted (edited)

Due to the huge estimated size of the download (it is speculations of a filesize over 500 GB!) i doubt any "physical copies" would be avaiable at launch.

Maybe any deluxe or special editions with some collector boxes and a code for the game... 

Edited by roggek

Unikorn Butcher

Might get a physical copy at some point just for the map/poster.

cant remember

I'm getting the physical copy just for the map and the novelty of having something physical to look at.

19 minutes ago, roggek said:

(it is speculations of a filesize over 500 GB!)

lol

Where on earth did you hear that?

Totallycasual
25 minutes ago, roggek said:

i doubt any "physical copies" would be avaiable at launch

This is just wrong, there's still a sizable chunk of people that like to buy physical games, there's no way Rockstar is going to alienate them.  If it has to ship on multiple discs or perhaps have a decent amount on disc but then require a massive download anyway, then so be it, but there's no way in hell it's going to be a digital only launch. 

• Like 7

Ivan1997GTA
41 minutes ago, roggek said:

Due to the huge estimated size of the download (it is speculations of a filesize over 500 GB!) i doubt any "physical copies" would be avaiable at launch.

Maybe any deluxe or special editions with some collector boxes and a code for the game... 

500 GB? No way, I expect GTA VI at launch to weigh 200 GB tops.

• Like 7

NewCrossGate

Physical copy is a tradition for me, love having a fold out map to look at before I play the game. Would feel strange just downloading a new GTA game. 

Kilowog01
Posted (edited)

Physical copies will be leaked a couple of days before the game release, so those who buy them have a better chance of playing sooner. And it comes with a map :3

1 hour ago, roggek said:

(it is speculations of a filesize over 500 GB!)

No sane or sober person is speculating this number. :wtfmichael:

Edited by Kilowog01
  • Like 2

Agent Edward

Both, the digital copy to play in its release at midnight and then the physical copy for your collection.

I'll still be going digital since I've done that for years now, being on PC and all. The only thing physical I'll end up getting would possibly be the collector's guide book, if there is one.

• Like 1

Moonshine Wagon Fan
8 hours ago, cant remember said:

I'm getting the physical copy just for the map and the novelty of having something physical to look at.

If there is a Special Editon with a steelbook, I will be going for that.

• Like 4

TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)

As a collector of physical media still I’m definitely going physical. Also, as echoed above I love collecting steelbooks with cool artwork so there’s that

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 3

rebeldevil

It's your money, you do what you want with it.

I'm buying a hard copy. I might buy the Collector's Edition, depending on what's in it. I prefer to buy physical copies when possible.

Isaac Netero

I am buying both but if you don't care about having the physical thing, just go for digital 

Spider-Vice
22 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

500 GB? No way, I expect GTA VI at launch to weigh 200 GB tops.

There are some smaller open world games that shoot over 140-150 GB so it is possible GTA VI could go to the 220 GB or so range. That said, said smaller open world games might also have higher fidelity assets, so...

• Like 3

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Agent Edward

500GB lmfao, literally a console for a single game.

GTA-Freak-Vi

Physical. Can't have that new game smell digitally

• Like 1

PolandMountain

Whatever is going to be available at the day of launch

killdonkey

I think I'll get it digitally

Ghost sonic

I like PC games but at times I do like buying physical copies of games on consoles.

Pizzahut

Physical. I like to actually fully own things that I bought for myself.

And no, there's no way the game is going to be 500GB at launch. More like 150GB max, excluding online. if they're going to combine the 2 games again, maybe eventually 250GB or 300GB, depending on how big the updates will be.

• Like 2

Agent Edward
4 hours ago, Pizzahut said:

Physical. I like to actually fully own things that I bought for myself.

And no, there's no way the game is going to be 500GB at launch. More like 150GB max, excluding online. if they're going to combine the 2 games again, maybe eventually 250GB or 300GB, depending on how big the updates will be.

I'd say 160-200GB.

• Like 1

Exsanguination

No. It will be around 173-216GB 🤷‍♂️

I'll pre order digital and pick up a physical copy later also. 

• Like 1

MrBreak16

People who say that GTAVI is going to be 500GB are braindead. That’s literally 75% of the base PS5’s storage and 62% of the Xbox Series X’s storage, as for the Xbox Series S, it wouldn’t even fit on it.

GTAVI will probably be anywhere between 100 and 200GB in size especially since Rockstar doesn’t have sh*t compression for their games like some other studios do.

• Like 1

Drummer98
On 5/23/2024 at 3:23 PM, roggek said:

I bought the disc PS5 just for GTA VI, so It better be a physical copy. Plus, I want the map.

MohaLy2000
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 5:08 PM, Agent Edward said:

Both, the digital copy to play in its release at midnight and then the physical copy for your collection.

Buy the game twice?  Surely there will be a midnight release at retailers (like Gamestop or GAME)

There will be a long queue that night in London :D

Edited by MohaLy2000

Agent Edward
44 minutes ago, MohaLy2000 said:

Buy the game twice?  Surely there will be a midnight release at retailers (like Gamestop or GAME)

There will be a long queue that night in London :D

I thought I had the Brazil flag in my profile instead of the USA one, we don't have those things here pal.

Ahmad07

I think I'll get it digitally, and i will pick up a physical copy later also. 

MohaLy2000
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Agent Edward said:

I thought I had the Brazil flag in my profile instead of the USA one, we don't have those things here pal.

Well, the flags don't appear on the mobile, but I am also in a third world country, we have some stores that doing midnight release for some big games. In general, I think that the game will leak a day or two early (maybe more) In many countries.

Some people got GTA V a week before the release lol

Edited by MohaLy2000