Red Dead Redemption Coming to PC?

Malolaat

Hammerfist11
30 minutes ago, MasterEr said:

I'm addicted to this topic, every day I come in just to read the comments, but I'm sad that it seems like only a limited group of people want this PC port, just like me, of course, even though I ran the game on Yuzu, I want it have the keyboard and mouse experience

there's more to it than just mouse and keyboard lol, the switch port is horrible on anything that isn't a handheld due to all the pop in and foliage issues it has and xenia isn't exactly a stable and bug free emulator. There is still no proper way to experience the game on PC despite these emulators since they can only provide a subpar experience. We finally got a proper high res version of the game with the ps4 port, now its finally coming to PC.

Also I don't think the people here are representative at all of the amount of people who would be interested in a PC port of the game. This is just an obscure part of an internet forum. Just look at how many likes Tez2 got on his twitter post, people want this port.

26 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Still, I don't think RDR1 PC will be nearly as big of a deal today as it would've been in the early-to-mid 2010s. But I know a lot of folks that'll be really happy to play it all over again once that announcement hits, and the extremely fortunate few who have yet to play it will be in for a real treat as well.

Maybe not as big but I think it will still be quite popular and sell well. 

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Hammerfist11
1 hour ago, MasterEr said:

As a PC player since I was a child, I'm very happy with this possibility of the game coming to the PC, for me, having played on the emulator before, it's like a new game is coming, an absurd hype, I'm just afraid that August will arrive and it won't come anything.

I wouldn't worry about that. The leak is very clear, and it's directly from the horse's mouth, it is coming. A rockstar leak that was leaked directly from them has never been incorrect yet. Plus it's in line with rockstar's usual nonsense of releasing the PC port late. 

maikolu168

We just need to move on.

youseffghjhhuh

rdr1 port to pc will release tomorrow guys 

source: trust me :kekw:

• KEKW 1

Ellie-H
11 hours ago, Hammerfist11 said:

my guy cod hasn't been good since like 2010

Facts Brother! Spit your sh*t indeed!

19 hours ago, Hammerfist11 said:

i dont think they're correlated at all. this is a port that will be announced and released shortly after. Those games will be announced for release dates that are months and years away. There is no connection between them. Rockstar doesn't want to hype the port up. They just want to announce it and drop it shortly after. It's not about day 1 sales or preorders like it is for most games. It's about gaining good will and making some extra cash on the side through this (relatively) cheap port.

my guy cod hasn't been good since like 2010

For me its Black Ops 2, multiplayer with bots. Crazy good for me.

Jimbatron
13 hours ago, maikolu168 said:

We just need to move on.

This

It is almost certainly coming but the leak doesn’t give a definitive pointer to the timing. It could just as easily be tomorrow, next week, next month, or next season.

Hammerfist11
15 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

This

It is almost certainly coming but the leak doesn’t give a definitive pointer to the timing. It could just as easily be tomorrow, next week, next month, or next season.

A logical conclusion could be made tho... it will be announced during or before august and before the next earnings call... that would mean that it will be announced sometime in the next 70 days... 

Jimbatron
Just now, Hammerfist11 said:

A logical conclusion could be made tho... it will be announced during or before august and before the next earnings call... that would mean that it will be announced sometime in the next 70 days... 

That’s still a pretty wide window though. Probably not much point in pondering whether it will be this Thursday or next Tuesday etc was what I meant.

Hammerfist11
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

That’s still a pretty wide window though. Probably not much point in pondering whether it will be this Thursday or next Tuesday etc was what I meant.

You have a point but I have been waiting 14 years, 70 days is nothing in comparison... so yeah im not gonna move on when its this close, its my favorite game of all time after all. 

Edited by Hammerfist11
  • Like 1

At this point, the unintended push wasn't meant for an announcement but was likely a result of whatever Rockstar is cooking for the launcher with the new branch. They shifted to this branch about a month and a half ago, and the May 14th launcher update was the first one based on this branch. The strings appeared the day prior, so the timing is rather convenient. The scenario behind this seems to be just a simple case of them moving stuff from the old branch to the new one and then pushing it into the public branch.

Basically, pushed too early. We might be at the stage where those strings were just added to the dev builds, rather than the one where everything is nearly finalized.

Hammerfist11
Posted (edited)

Yeah the more time passes the more I think it will be announced in august... I think a lot of us misread the situation... at least we know that its real and that its coming.

Edited by Hammerfist11

Hammerfist11
Posted (edited)

i still hope that it will be sooner but i think its safe to say that it will likely be announced a bit before the august earnings call... that is basically the only realistic expectation at this point.

Edited by Hammerfist11

TheEmptyProd.
2 hours ago, Tez2 said:

На данный момент непреднамеренный толчок не предназначался для анонса, а, вероятно, был результатом того, что Rockstar готовит для лаунчера с новой веткой. Они перешли на эту ветку около полутора месяцев назад, и обновление лаунчера от 14 мая было первым, основанным на этой ветке. Струны появились накануне, так что время довольно удобное. Сценарий, стоящий за этим, кажется простым случаем, когда они перемещают что-то из старой ветки в новую, а затем проталкивают это в публичную ветку.

В общем, толкнули слишком рано. Возможно, мы находимся на той стадии, когда эти строки были просто добавлены в сборки для разработчиков, а не на той, где все почти завершено.

Teeez. Answer me   

SynlianoX
4 hours ago, Tez2 said:

At this point, the unintended push wasn't meant for an announcement but was likely a result of whatever Rockstar is cooking for the launcher with the new branch. They shifted to this branch about a month and a half ago, and the May 14th launcher update was the first one based on this branch. The strings appeared the day prior, so the timing is rather convenient. The scenario behind this seems to be just a simple case of them moving stuff from the old branch to the new one and then pushing it into the public branch.

Basically, pushed too early. We might be at the stage where those strings were just added to the dev builds, rather than the one where everything is nearly finalized.

The only thing we can do for now is WAITING.

maikolu168

Guys, lets just enjoy our upcoming summer, and try to not think about this, and then we will be BAZHIZLED by a big announcement about rdr1 on pc

neonwinch83
6 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Makes sense. At least we have confirmation it's coming. August seems like the best date.

Hammerfist11
Posted (edited)

The August earnings call is only about 70 days away anyway. We've waited 14 years, we can wait another 2 months and 10 days. 

Edited by Hammerfist11
  • Like 1

AudaxTenebra
6 hours ago, Hammerfist11 said:

Yeah the more time passes the more I think it will be announced in august... I think a lot of us misread the situation... at least we know that its real and that its coming.

Do we? Could've been placeholder text or just filler text.

Yall need to play new stuff. So many games gonna be announced this June. Damn even Black Ops 6 looks sick, I'll pre order the Vault edition the second it becomes available fr, I saved money enough to buy three of them, one for me and two for friends

AudaxTenebra

Why are there nearly 100 people viewing the post?

RecklessGlue540
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AudaxTenebra said:

Damn, seriously :adminkek:

And it keeps jumping lmao

Edited by RecklessGlue540

44Orca
21 minutes ago, AudaxTenebra said:

Tez2's reply was just linked in some sites, like some subreddits that's why more viewers.

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

AudaxTenebra
2 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

Tez2's reply was just linked in some sites, like some subreddits that's why more viewers.

The idiot who did this just made more ppl hyped for no reason. Some mfs never learn I guess ffs

TurboPug
Posted (edited)

Told ya it's not coming soon (or at all).

Seems like someone at C* San Diego got so grumpy at PC, they forbid to ever release their games on PC.

13 minutes ago, AudaxTenebra said:

The idiot who did this just made more ppl hyped for no reason. Some mfs never learn I guess ffs

Hyped for what? WDYM "idiot"?

People shared fresh info from Tez like they always did.

Edited by TurboPug
  • KekCringe 1

10 hours ago, Tez2 said:

I believe almost all of the R star games will come to pc pretty soon. They will be not be ignoring pc players for long as they have their launcher and Valve's Steam store. I never thought I would see rdr 2 on pc.

Rdr 1s time is comin now boiz, have some goddamn faith. We going to Tahiti now

Dick Justice

What's the general theory on which team is handling this port? Will it be Double Eleven or a smaller Rockstar team that doesn't have the hard task of untangling the spaghetti. 

I only ask because I desperately need a Double Eleven port of GTAIV to happen. That games PC port was always ghastly and it deserves the treatment RDR got (if not the treatment GTAV got but that's a whole other can of warms). 

Ellie-H
1 hour ago, Dick Justice said:

What's the general theory on which team is handling this port? Will it be Double Eleven or a smaller Rockstar team that doesn't have the hard task of untangling the spaghetti. 

I only ask because I desperately need a Double Eleven port of GTAIV to happen. That games PC port was always ghastly and it deserves the treatment RDR got (if not the treatment GTAV got but that's a whole other can of warms). 

wdym? GTA IV has already been ported to pc you foo

Claude_Lib
17 minutes ago, Ellie-H said:

wdym? GTA IV has already been ported to pc you foo

Lowkey hope D11 will port IV to PS4/5 and maybe update the PC version.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Ellie-H
10 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

Lowkey hope D11 will port IV to PS4/5 and maybe update the PC version.

now that makes far more sense, I would doubt any chance of an updated pc version tho