Identifying existing colour of a car

CitizenKane

CitizenKane

Hi

Sorry if this is a weird question.

Is there any way to find out the existing paint job/colour that a car has, i.e. if I find a car on the street and just want to know what colour it is?

I came across a modified Feltzer sitting outside an LS Customs that has a paint colour that in ~10 years of playing the game I have never come across before. But the colour is not showing up as an already selected option when I bring it into respray in LS Customs, so I have no idea what it is.

Thank you.

Platface

Is that car pre-customized ?

If it's yes, can you give a screenshot ?

CitizenKane
Posted (edited)

Hi,

Yes correct, pre-customized. Screenshots below. It's a difficult colour to photograph actually because it changes colour depending on the light. It looks bronze in these photos but at other times and in different lights it looks like chrome or metallic grey and other times looks nearly yellow.

It's like a chameleon colour which I understand was introduced in GTA Online, but I am playing Vanilla only. It also sort of looks like Chrome or one of the Metal colour options, but it isn't.

Thank you!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by CitizenKane

Carrythxd

The color is Brushed Black Steel (under Metals) with Race Yellow pearlescent. I'm not entirely sure if the method is the same as getting a pearl on a matte color, but give it a shot

First apply the metal color, then go into metallic colors and back out of the respray section entirely (don't apply anything under metallic, just click into it & then back out as dumb as it sounds). After that scroll down to the plate section and change it to something else (cheapest thing to change), go back into respray, then primary, then pearlescent and apply Race Yellow

Also on another note, if you come across more modified cars like this, you can find their colors and other modifications here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTFHhsmPMilycegNHuifLlHANSw1h5T-KjKZoaGOMtEL93E-qb1BdsCtFE8am9ivbiXtCHtOt9tp9Pz/pubhtml

Edited by Carrythxd

CitizenKane

Thank you so much! I had no idea you could apply pealescent paint to metals like that!