Design Your Own Mission Contest #12

zeko

tetwlHx.png

Finally, with joy and excitement, we present you the twelfth Design Your Own Mission contest. This time, I, zeko will have the honour to host this event due to winning DYOM Contest #11 last year. After 70.294 new Missions and 2.715 new Storylines released on our website, it's time to organise another contest!

The goal of the contest is off course to create the best mission using "Design Your Own Mission". Things to keep in mind are originality, playability and difficulty. You should challenge the players of your mission, but they should not get frustrated. If your mission is ready, you should upload it to our mission upload site.

Theme

In this edition the theme is: Cyborgs - Beings with both organic and biomechatronic body parts.

Be creative, but use this specific theme. We are curious about what you make up!

There's many examples which use cyborgs - most notably the Terminator and Robocop. Good luck!

Rules

-Entry must consist of 3 to 6 missions - Make a short story consisted of minimum 3 and maximum 6 missions.

-Mission(s) must be brand new - no part or direct continuation of an already released mission-pack / storyline

-Only official DYOM versions (released by PatrickW & Dutchy3010) are allowed. The latest one being DYOM V8.1

-All missions must have SD included - be it a soundtrack or individual sound effects, it's up to you, be creative.

-Mods are allowed ONLY under these conditions: they must be optional, such as character skins or gun skins, for cosmetic purposes only.

-CLEO addons are also allowed as long as they don't require installation - In other words, your mission must be playable without any mods.

-After your entry is completed, upload it into a single archive on DYOM website.

-One entry per designer.

Recommendations

- In case DYOM website is still not fixed by the time you are done with your entry, upload it to another hosting website.

-Additional mods such as guns and skins are allowed as long as they are optional (not required for player to install).

-Simple CLEO addons are also allowed under the same condition. Examples of such addons: DYOM#Milliseconds addon, etc.
-This time, using SD for soundtrack and / or sound effects is required. Boost player's experience with DYOM's SD feature!

-Missions should be balanced between good storytelling and intense gameplay, although this is your choice.

Entries

Stardust101

Marcelo

RedBaron

The Government Cyborg: Dark Days Are Coming

zeko

Anarchy Road

snowwy

Quest for Peter

DEADLINE:
15th May 2024

Voting

Click here to vote!

(After submitting, confirm your vote in this thread otherwise it won't be counted)

DEADLINE:
 23th May 2024

Edited by AnDReJ98

King_Von

Let's goooo!!!!

There is no need to quote the whole topic - Andrej

Edited by AnDReJ98
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Stardust101

Wow! What a badass theme! Science fiction in DYOM, f*ck yeah!

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

RedBaron.

Hell yeah, quite a theme! I'm in!

• Like 2

MineVHN

This one's going to be my first ever contest that I'm participating. Looking foward to it, liked the theme :)

This is quite a surprise. I didn't notice this thread until I got a notification from someone whom I'm following. The DYOM Contest logo is nicely designed. 🔥

Edited by Yasa -
  • Like 2

Keyes_DYOM

And we're back!

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

MelonDoge30
18 hours ago, RedBaron. said:

Hell yeah, quite a theme! I'm in!

me when redbaron says he's participating (we're so done);

spacer.png

Edited by MelonDoge30
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Gemu Baggu

Yoooo, lets go!!

Is AudioFX addon allowed/recommended?

RedBaron.
4 hours ago, galic0 said:

Is AudioFX addon allowed/recommended?

Yes as it's not a mandatory mod and more like a optional mod, and i recommend using the 2.0 version (dunno why some people insist on using 1.1, it's outdated), works way better.

Edited by RedBaron.

RedBaron.

Good day, @zeko, i spoke to MelonDoge 30 yesterday and realized that you put max 6 missions and he told me it was a typo you made, so i was wondering, will you correct that typo or keep it? I honestly think you should let people make 6 missions max because, TMX92, MelonDoge30 and me, expressed great interest in such idea.

Posted (edited)

It will remain 5 missions max

Edited by zeko

RedBaron.
5 minutes ago, zeko said:

Understood, thanks for your input, have a nice day.

SalmonZKai
On 4/5/2024 at 5:22 AM, zeko said:

tetwlHx.png

Finally, with joy and excitement, we present you the twelfth Design Your Own Mission contest. This time, I, zeko will have the honour to host this event due to winning DYOM Contest #11 last year. After 70.294 new Missions and 2.715 new Storylines released on our website, it's time to organise another contest!

The goal of the contest is off course to create the best mission using "Design Your Own Mission". Things to keep in mind are originality, playability and difficulty. You should challenge the players of your mission, but they should not get frustrated. If your mission is ready, you should upload it to our mission upload site.

Theme

In this edition the theme is: Cyborgs - Beings with both organic and biomechatronic body parts.

Be creative, but use this specific theme. We are curious about what you make up!

There's many examples which use cyborgs - most notably the Terminator and Robocop. Good luck!

Rules

-Entry must consist of 3 to 5 missions - Make a short story consisted of minimum 3 and maximum 5 missions.

-Mission(s) must be brand new - no part or direct continuation of an already released mission-pack / storyline

-Only official DYOM versions (released by PatrickW & Dutchy3010) are allowed. The latest one being DYOM V8.1

-All missions must have SD included - be it a soundtrack or individual sound effects, it's up to you, be creative.

-Mods are allowed ONLY under these conditions: they must be optional, such as character skins or gun skins, for cosmetic purposes only.

-CLEO addons are also allowed as long as they don't require installation - In other words, your mission must be playable without any mods.

-After your entry is completed, upload it into a single archive on DYOM website.

-One entry per designer.

Recommendations

- In case DYOM website is still not fixed by the time you are done with your entry, upload it to another hosting website.

-Additional mods such as guns and skins are allowed as long as they are optional (not required for player to install).

-Simple CLEO addons are also allowed under the same condition. Examples of such addons: DYOM#Milliseconds addon, etc.
-This time, using SD for soundtrack and / or sound effects is required. Boost player's experience with DYOM's SD feature!

-Missions should be balanced between good storytelling and intense gameplay, although this is your choice.

Entries

-

DEADLINE:
5th May 2024

Less Gooo, Badass theme, I'm in! 

Edited by SalmonZKai
Forgot

3 hours ago, SalmonZKai said:

Less Gooo, Badass theme, I'm in! 

No need to quote the entire topic. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 9:53 PM, zeko said:

Scratch this. Previous contest had 6 missions max (which I completely forgot)

For consistency, the mission limit will be changed. Have fun designing!

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

1 hour ago, Etoeb said:

Are SD files compulsory?

read.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, galic0 said:

read.

Sorry. Missed the part where it says “required”. I’m just asking for second opinion honestly. 

AnDReJ98

@Etoeb 

Spoiler

image.png.961943495b72525db1b01f9b62073099.png

image.png.a2718e6faba384161cdb9d74208a5954.png

RedBaron.
Posted (edited)

MP's most likely coming out tomorrow, 04/05/2024. Although, i'm warning all of you before playing, it's a VERY challenging MP (did it because the host claimed we should do this: You should challenge the players of your mission, but they should not get frustrated.), so you need to be on your toes, and be tactical most of the time, if you do that, burst fire and full-auto when necessary and check your minimap when any dangerous situation comes up when outside interiors, you won't get into much trouble. (Also Nu-Metal warning for any Nu-Metal Haters)

Edited by RedBaron.

RedBaron.
Posted (edited)

My Entry: 

logo3.png

Edited by RedBaron.
  • Like 3

Deadline will be extended to the 10th of May to allow more room for participants. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Yasa -

When expectations meet reality

8q7mho.jpg

snowwy

Quest for Peter

Peter starts working as a computer doctor in order to buy his dream gamer PC, but things start getting very strange after he downloads a suspicious online game

- DYOM V7 beta 2 is required to play

- Made for DYOM Contest 12

- Please hate it and give feed back

Yasa -
1 hour ago, snowwy said:

- Please hate it and give feed back

😂

AnDReJ98
Posted (edited)

contest12 header.png

Click here to vote!

(After submitting, confirm your vote in this thread otherwise it won't be counted)

DEADLINE:
 23th May 2024

Edited by AnDReJ98
  • Like 3