Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is coming to PC on May 16

Emmi

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is coming to PC on May 16!

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut is coming to PC! We at Nixxes are thrilled to collaborate with the talented team at Sucker Punch Productions who created this critically acclaimed open-world action adventure. We are excited to bring Jin's story to a new audience and to bring a Sucker Punch title to PC for the first time.

The PC version of Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut includes the full game, the Iki Island expansion, and the cooperative online multiplayer Legends mode. For the past year, the team at Nixxes has been working hard to bring the Sucker Punch in-house engine technology to PC and implement PC features such as unlocked frame rates, a variety of graphics settings and presets, and customizable mouse and keyboard controls.

With ultrawide monitor support, you can take in the expansive terrain and ancient landmarks with a cinematic field of view. Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on PC is fully optimized for 21:9 and 32:9 resolutions and even supports 48:9 resolutions for triple monitor setups.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on PC features the latest performance-enhancing technologies. NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3 are available with both upscaling and frame generation options. Intel XeSS upscaling is also supported and if your hardware has headroom to spare, you can use NVIDIA DLAA or FSR 3 Native AA to further boost image quality.

The game on PC also offers extensive controller support. Use Steam Input to remap and customize the peripheral of your choice to your preference. For a more immersive experience, use a PlayStation DualSense controller with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, so you can feel the tension of drawing a bow and the strikes of your sword.

Bout time, this will be a day 1 purchase for me. I absolutely loved GoT's world and combat.

2 minutes ago, lndex said:

Bout time, this will be a day 1 purchase for me. I absolutely loved GoT's world and combat.

I'll play it for the first time. I was always interested in this one but never got around to play it for some reason. Also I love Sucker Punch's games.

Full price is meh.

I honestly don't have an interest in replaying the story I think, I got basically to the last mission before I stopped playing, so never did finish it or do the DLC, but the game is basically a very well presented Assassin's Creed, which is really fun, it's a really good game, but like AC games I just don't have much of an interest in playing it.

But it's definitely worth it to someone has never played it before, incredibly visuals and really good gameplay/combat. The wind mechanic for open world exploration was something I thought was gimmicky as hell going in, but it was brilliant idea and I'm surprised we've not seen other games toy with something similar since.

That all being said, I still wanna try the multiplayer out, I just don't fancy paying full price for it. Will see what I'm doing come May I guess.

• Like 1

LongHairedFreakyGuy
48 minutes ago, Jason said:

t the game is basically a very well presented Assassin's Creed, which is really fun, it's a really good game, but like AC games I just don't have much of an interest in playing it.

I remember watching some Twitch footage of this game, and thinking to myself that it was just another bland, AC copy type game, and at that point I'd just put Origins down after becoming quite tiresome with this trend. Finally got my hands on a PS4 some time later, and finally caved in and bought the game to try it out after seeing all the rave reviews, and oh boy how I was wrong, in my own personal opinion anyway. 

From the get go I set the dialogue to Japanese as to truly immerse myself within the game, and I just couldn't put the game down. Yes, it can become quite bloated at times with all the side stuff, but I genuinely didn't mind it at all, the game was just that beautiful that I actually enjoyed traversing the map. 

Still one of the games I regularly play to try and achieve the 100% status (just Iki Island missions and collectibles to go), but it just never seems to bore me, even after years of growing tiresome of the typical 'Ubi Format'. 

The sequel is one of my genuine most wanted games. 

• Realistic Steak! 1

3 minutes ago, LongHairedFreakyGuy said:

The sequel is one of my genuine most wanted games. 

AFAIK the same guy who leaked that the PC port would be announced today is also saying that the sequel will be announced this summer, which would make sense when you look at the amount of time since the first.

I'd be really curious to see what they're gonna do with the environmental stuff in the second, the first game at release I thought was the best looking console game I'd played since RDR2, maybe even as good or better. The use of colour is incredible but the best part of it is how no matter where you are the image just has so much motion to it. Tall grass swaying in the wind, trees, leaves, bits of clothing, etc. It's always moving and it looks amazing cause of it.

LongHairedFreakyGuy

This and Forbidden West are probably my personal best ever looking games that I've played. I genuinely couldn't stop taking photos, even of the most mundane parts of the scenery, just because of the amount of detail and how overall beautiful it looks at all times. I'm hoping for a bigger map, so they can accommodate some bigger towns and whatnot in between the vast fields (one of the rare titles where I even enjoyed just traversing the open plains). 

I'd say a Summer announcement is pretty much set, with a late 2025 release window at the earliest (no big game is getting released early 2025 for reasons we all know). 

IIRC, you moved up islands as you progressed with the main story? which, at that time, I didn't get around to doing the second island, so it'll probably be worth the purchase for me. I think at the time TLoU 2 came around, I'd just forgotten about it.

Seeing how massive of a game DD2's going to be as well, I may still be on with that, and there's the ER DLC coming in June... This year's game releases is pretty stacked, and I honestly might even prefer it more than last year considering the type of genre of games I mostly play.

• Like 1

I think I got literally to the last mission, or second to last, and just put off doing it and ended up never doing it before I sold my PS4 when the new consoles come out.

...it's one of the many games that has been victim to my inability to finish games, particularly open world games lol.

So yea doing almost all of it again plus the nature of the game has me a bit eh on replaying it. But I love the visuals and the combat, so that Legends mode has me tempted...

el carlitos

I restarted this game on PS5 this week. To all PC user, I highly recommend this games. Story and gameplay is amazing.

Is this The Guy?

I played the game a few times on  ps4 and ps5 and it was really good. The story, controls, and combat were top notch.  Camera got a little weird at times but nothing too serious.  Although I did have to try and win a standoff while the camera was behind a rock once lol.  
The stealth missions?  I’m not a stealth guy at all but it’s so noob friendly in this game I had a blast.

Im really interested to see what the port over to PC is like because I don’t think there’s anyone that can deny that the game performance was damn near flawless on the PlayStation.

It's a 4 year old game designed to run on last gen hardware with no RT, so honestly, it should run like a dream on a modern PC, especially w/ modern tech like DLSS.

• 1 month later...

Ah, there it is, the first signs of the PS PC platform that's been hinted at for a while now.

One step closer to Sony being a day 1 PC publisher.

• Like 2

Spider-Vice

This will likely be coming to all other Sony PC games, so hey, finally a use for my PSN account :kekw: Some of the PS PC games already allow you to link your PSN account, HFW being one, so I'm assuming they were preparing for this as well.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

I'll have to do a password recovery on my PSN account, I think. It's been like 4-5 years since I've signed into that account back when I had a PS4. :kekw:

• 5 weeks later...

Tsushima seems to be running smooth as butter for me, as expected, of course. One thing I think Nixxes has also addressed is that now with DLSS balanced or performance mode, there doesn't seem to be any forced sharpening going on, like there was in HFW and the Spidey ports.

Yea, it basically sounds like it runs like a PS4/XB1 era game should. May pick it up later when it's cheaper, but £40 is a bit too steep for me considering I played it on PS4.

smokeless6

I haven't played it but I'm interested. What would you say is the game most like this one? Or how would you describe the game play?

9 minutes ago, smokeless6 said:

I haven't played it but I'm interested. What would you say is the game most like this one? Or how would you describe the game play?

It was often described as the Japanese AC game everyone waited for and it's not miles off. It's like a mix of an AC game and a Sony open world game.

Stunning visuals, the games use of wind, grass and foliage is great, the wind also doubles as the GPS line essentially, it guides you to your chosen objective. The open world its self is pretty standard Sony, you've got your collectables and checklist open world content, but done in a fairly fresh way. RPG stuff is also bog standard Sony, a skill tree you'll max out by the time you hit max level, basic loot stuff you've seen in other Sony games.

Combat is well done, it's obviously got parries and dodges and that type of stuff but there's also some other tools and room for improv - a good test for me if the melee combat is good is if you can jump attack and this passes that test, lol. There is stealth and that's got all the standard stealth stuff, throwing this games equivalent of "rocks", hiding in bushes, etc.

It's strong suit is it's presentation, it looks and plays great, even if the game is fairly standard else where.

• Like 3

While everyone seems to be losing their marbles over the VI's fall 2025 release, I've already clocked in over 6 hours on Tushima lol. I've just been taking my time unlocking certain armour pieces through the Mythic Tales side stuff. It's such a chill game, and one where I could sink time into just wondering the world, pleased I never finished it on PS4.

The game has some amazing look armour, I remember that, and it had a transmog day 1 with dye options. :)

Digging through my old shots, this was probably my favourite look:

Ghost-of-Tsushima-20200720161636.png

But I remember using the transmog to be able to look more armoured up for duels or bigger battles and stuff like that.

....which is one of the many reasons why transmog should be standard day 1 in games like this.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Digging through my old shots, this was probably my favourite look:

Can you find the white dye merchant early game, or?

I'm not a fan of that Hero of Tsushima armour you get from the collectors cut, mind you. Wearing stuff like that early on seems a bit naff. Rather, it should be unlocked later in the game or w/e.

1 minute ago, lndex said:

Can you find the white dye merchant early game, or?

I'm not a fan of that Hero of Tsushima armour you get from the collectors cut, mind you. Wearing stuff like that early on seems a bit naff. Rather, it should be unlocked later in the game or w/e.

It's been a while so I can't quite remember if the island regions are split into levels or anything, but I think you can get there early ish.

el carlitos

Just have to love this game

6i6hcyxj.jpg

IzzyBlues

Went sailing the high seas for this game. Looks and runs beautiful. The colours are very vibrant.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I just unlocked one of the other stances last night that you'll get when you advance further into the story. All I'll say is that it's possibly the coolest moment in the game so far in the way it introduces you to the stance. I really hope there'll be more moments like that.

While I never quite finished the story or did the DLC, that was the best moment in the story for me by far.

I'm not sure if I'm closing up to the end or not just yet, but if not, then hopefully there'll be equal moments just like that in the Iki Island dlc.

I even like how they go about those little pre-rendered flashback segments with Jin's uncle as well, Jin becoming the ghost, and all that. 

• Like 1

Cluckin Bell CEO
15 hours ago, lndex said:

I'm not sure if I'm closing up to the end or not just yet, but if not, then hopefully there'll be equal moments just like that in the Iki Island dlc.

I even like how they go about those little pre-rendered flashback segments with Jin's uncle as well, Jin becoming the ghost, and all that. 

yeah those flashback scenes are cool. especially the one when you assassinate a mongol soldier for the first time. Always though GTA 4 could've had flashback scenes like this showing bits of Niko's life in Europe