GTA IV PS4/PS5... any chance?

Ballbreaker_

Ballbreaker_

After Red Dead Redemption you believe there's a chance of GTA IV receiving a port for PS4/PS5 as well?

DUNK512

most likely yeah, won't be surprised if it comes out this year.

GTA IV was mentioned with RDR1 in receiving ports.

MrWebby99

The best GTA game out of the lot.

It may be “out this year” but I’m surprised they hadn't released it earlier. It would be a great moneymaker for the company and the demand for GTA IV released on newer consoles is huge I am assuming.

• Like 1

wacky woohoo pizza man

Yeah I'm sure we'll see it eventually, it'd make no sense if they skipped over it after porting RDR1 because 1) it's a stepping stone for all the R* games that came after it, 2) it's the most acclaimed GTA that isn't San Andreas, and 3) it'd be a great distraction and memory refresher while waiting for GTA 6

• Like 4

I don't see them making a simple port for it, or anything.  It'd be great to see that happen though, many people who have not played it.

I thought they will "remaster" with all the updates it received as "complete edition" but seems like it's not part of their plans anymore, at least that's how it looks to me.

Me personally I will just replay it soon with all the fixes from modders on PC.

• Like 1

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

RecklessGlue540
16 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

Me personally I will just replay it soon with all the fixes from modders on PC.

The modders essentially remastered the game themselves. I highly doubt R* (or any other company they'd outsource a possible port to), would do even a quarter of what the modders did in the past year...

Weell, tbh if it'd be Double Eleven again, they'd likely do a good enough job with something like this... Miles better than what R* Toronto did with the PC port anyway.

But uhm, yeah. Xbox and PC sure as hell aren't gonna get anything if some miracle like this happens. Just PS4-5 and Switch again, most likely.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Wylyth1992

It should also be ported to the Switch like RDR1 was.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

5 hours ago, Wylyth1992 said:

It should also be ported to the Switch like RDR1 was.

PS4 and Switch is all they need (minimal effort) PS4 version will be playable on PS5 and Switch is well... a Switch a console which sold 138 million units, perhaps Switch 2 will have backwards compatibility so RDR1 and GTA IV remain playable on next Nintendo system.

PC and Xbox versions while not perfect, can run mostly fine at 60 fps on just about everything so I doubt Rockstar would even touch them.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
GrudgefromSanAndreas

Maybe they think like "wow if the pc port was bad imagine how bad a ps4 and switch port will be" so that could be the reason they won't do it

• Like 1

thls2.png.cd6e3e4f25a754be873c995ad73f2ab4.png DUptDxsWAAMLXpc.jpg

Moncastler
19 hours ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

Maybe they think like "wow if the pc port was bad imagine how bad a ps4 and switch port will be" so that could be the reason they won't do it

If RDR1 was successfully ported to Switch and PS4, there's no reason to think that GTA IV couldn't receive the same treatment. RDR1 ran (horribly) on the exact same consoles and, unlike GTA IV, it didn't even receive a PC release.

Other than some broken effects (which are getting restored by the FusionFix team), the PC port of IV in terms of performance perfectly resembles the console versions: an unoptimized mess that is severely CPU limited because the map was poorly put together. A 1:1 port of IV would easily hit 1080p30 on PS4 and Switch, 2160p30 on PS4 Pro and 2160p60 on PS5 (a few framerate bugs would need to be fixed though). But, considering that Switch is about to be replaced by Switch 2 and PS4 is now 11 years old, I would expect a GTA IV port only for current gen consoles, meaning that there's room for some improvements.

I am sure that this port is only a matter of when, they know very well that GTA IV is a highly requested game and, like RDR1, PlayStation and Nintendo users currently have no options to play it. It's also not an ordinary game, it's a mainline Grand Theft Auto entry, that alone is a huge seller. I don't of course expect a new PC release, but I don't really care considering that the game is literally remastered by modders. I would however be pissed if we end up in a "GTA V E&E" scenario where console versions have obvious improvements that don't make it to PC.

• Like 4

maxon1196

It's possible but come on, any bucket PC can run GTA 4. Just some mods (fixes, music restoration) and you're good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

GTA IV with ZERO FIXES would already run at a perfect stable 30 fps on PS4 and Switch at 1080p and 4K on PS4 Pro, it's that old.

PS4 Pro version in backwards compatibility can have 60 fps mode on PS5 like RDR1 port from last year.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 3

RecklessGlue540

Keep in mind, most of GTAIV's performance issues on PC are related to the ancient DirectX 9 backend the game uses, which was already "old" by the time the game released lol.

Hell, even the og Assassin's Creed which came out in 2007 had DX10 as an option, Crysis was no exception (Crysis also included 32bit and 64bit .exes ffs)...

Now of course, a port to PS4 / Switch would fix those issues.

Edited by RecklessGlue540
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

Keep in mind, most of GTAIV's performance issues on PC are related to the ancient DirectX 9 backend the game uses, which was already "old" by the time the game released lol.

Hell, even the og Assassin's Creed which came out in 2007 had DX10 as an option, Crysis was no exception (Crysis also included 32bit and 64bit .exes ffs)...

Now of course, a port to PS4 / Switch would fix those issues.

Well Windows Vista with DX10 support was only 2 years old when GTA IV came out on PC, and we know how slow and unpopular Vista was.

• Like 1

Honestly even if it is just a port like RDR1 with some new features like 60 fps I would be very happy about it! I've been wanting to replay GTA IV again for a LONG time, I own the game on PC but the PC version sucks! I haven't played GTA IV since a decade ago!

Edited by Soxter
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 1:23 PM, Yoona said:

Well Windows Vista with DX10 support was only 2 years old when GTA IV came out on PC, and we know how slow and unpopular Vista was.

The issue with Vista was it wasn’t really slow… it’s just nothing would really work properly on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MohaLy2000

Honestly, after the announcement of GTA 6, I doubt they will do it. If they don't do it this summer, I don't think it will happen then at all, so we have to wait for the Korean age rating. 🎎

• Like 1