Jump to content

Restoring Gunsmoke Effect


dontgett

Recommended Posts

Need help from someone who is familiar with RDR1 files. Is it possible to restore the player gunsmoke effect? I went through a lot of likely files but changing values in them didn't work. Is it even possible to do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Banana said:

What are you even talking about

Gunsmoke from player's guns. In the trailers that effect is present, but for release rockstar removed it for performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RecklessGlue540
1 hour ago, dontgett said:

Gunsmoke from player's guns. In the trailers that effect is present, but for release rockstar removed it for performance.

It is there for NPCs.

I don't think they removed it for the player for performance reasons tho. How could one extra smoke effect tank the framerate? makes no sense. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

It is there for NPCs.

I don't think they removed it for the player for performance reasons tho. How could one extra smoke effect tank the framerate? makes no sense. 

yeah i just can't find another reason for it, but yes npcs have it. but having it for John would be great, in the trailers shootouts look more dramatic and cool with that smoke

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RecklessGlue540
1 hour ago, dontgett said:

yeah i just can't find another reason for it, but yes npcs have it. but having it for John would be great, in the trailers shootouts look more dramatic and cool with that smoke

I don't know, but I wonder if this could be related to the camera distance from the player's gun. Maybe if it's set back enough, the effect would show up... Who knows? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

I don't know, but I wonder if this could be related to the camera distance from the player's gun. Maybe if it's set back enough, the effect would show up... Who knows? 

Definitely can be done, people made camera mods before, i will need to figure out how to do that though. It's in campera.rpf file 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RecklessGlue540
1 minute ago, dontgett said:

Definitely can be done, people made camera mods before, i will need to figure out how to do that though. It's in campera.rpf file 

From what I've seen, a lot of the files are .xml, so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

From what I've seen, a lot of the files are .xml, so...

yeah i just can't see exactly the lines for aiming, idk maybe you are more familiar with the files and can find

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.