Let's talk about Aviation & Airports

Not Strauss Zelnick

Not Strauss Zelnick

Let's talk and discuss aviation. First, some questions for you guys:

• What aircraft would you guys love to see?

• What are your wishlist items regarding this subject?

• Returning airplanes from GTA 5?

• How many airports would you like?

I personally think the Streamer 216 in online is an airplane from GTA 6. There is just something different about it, the same thing with the Raiju Fighter Jet.

There are two major things on my wishlist:

1. An alive and big main airport (Vice City International Airport) with an enterable interior, including shops, security, and much more. (I wonder how many people will go full No-Russian  :wtfmichael: ). Many planes taking off and landing, many ground staff, and please, don’t make those frozen in place jets that you cannot move, just like in GTA online.

2. A Military Aircraft carrier somewhere in the ocean, moving or standing still doesn’t really matter. Just imagine how hard it'll be to steal a jet from there. Also, I would love to see the military do some training in their jets, like you're exploring the woods and suddenly, three fighter jets make a low pass overhead. 

Now let's hear it from you guys!

spacer.png

Leonida Man

Bush flying! 

spacer.png

Ultralight, very maneuverable aircraft like the DoubleEnder that you can land on the swamps very easily. 

I would like the option to take the Sanchez on the plane with me, too :kekw:

spacer.png

This plane is a Murphy Radical

Not Strauss Zelnick

imagine the second plane, people will find glitches in GTA 6 online sitting on these bikes :lmaokek:

• KEKW 3

These smaller planes like the Streamer 216 are typical for air traveling between islands in the Carribean. One could say it is an indicator that we could get a far distant smaller area/island which is supposed to resemble a Carribean island.

Edited by wqx
typo
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Hash5moker

With the space port being a serious possibility I'd love to see some experimental aircraft or X-planes. Make them very hard to steal. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

ValidTrack

I love helicopter aerobics, so some badass small chopper.

It's not exactly a plane, but I'd love a nice, slow ride in hot air balloons like in RDR2, where we could admire the map through the clouds in a more relaxed way

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHi9k8tuHEsCV9ea35jU1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9D6EZvdmKbFi7fZfrBc2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRijPOpjym2UuZTW1i7aDX

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScB9pHJX2njFiDeD-C2fw

PolandMountain

More of a wishlist than anything.
C337 Skymaster

Spoiler

Cessna_337_(8735367365).jpg

For average passenger jet I would like a A320 CEO with IAE engines

Spoiler

sms-aegean-a320-iae-discovergreecezip-4-

For private jets Cessna CJ1 and Longitude

Spoiler

CJ1_Ext-JS.jpg

375596-longitude_exterior_2019_03-c24176

And some regional pass jet like CRJ 200 would be nice:

Spoiler

N466SW_LAX_(30314755488).jpg

And for equivalent of GTA V Boeing 747 I would choose a 777-200

Spoiler

1200px-Cathay_Pacific_Boeing_777-200;_B-

For millitary fighters I would add something more than the F-35 we got now, unless GTA VI happens in far future then this is unrealistic for majority of airbases to be filled with F-35 without some FA-18 or F-16

• Like 2

Not Strauss Zelnick
14 hours ago, Hash5moker said:

With the space port being a serious possibility I'd love to see some experimental aircraft or X-planes. Make them very hard to steal. 

spacer.png

Damn, never thought about this… would be so awesome!

gunziness

I would honestly prefer if they skip adding huge planes like passenger jets and alike. They would fit better as static/moving props like in GTAIV, with a number of variations between planes and decals. Big planes are suited for gigantic maps IMO.
The bigger i would go for is something like the Titan or the Miljet.

Talking about the Titan, it would be nice if you could load and transport vehicles in cargo planes, or anything that fits by opening the rear cargo door and letting stuff in, and also to be able to navigate inside the plane, using the medkits and the different tools it might provide.

Edited by gunziness

KingOfMorocco2903

I hope there's a UAP easter egg in which we can see one of these things zip by us once we reach the highest altitude:

• Like 2

The sea sparrow will return, just wanna see if we can customize aircraft

Buck Rogers

Dont forget about Cape Canaveral.

ShotGunRain
21 hours ago, gunziness said:

I would honestly prefer if they skip adding huge planes like passenger jets and alike. They would fit better as static/moving props like in GTAIV, with a number of variations between planes and decals. Big planes are suited for gigantic maps IMO.

Naah. Static planes should be a thing of the past at this point. That was PS3 era days now we are two console generations apart. I would rather have no planes, then see a plane on the ground that I want to fly and it's just useless prop. I don't see why they can't have every plane be flyable. 

• Like 4

ErosPista

spacer.png

Would love the A220 as a modern and up to date replacement for the A319 or in completion to the A320s. 
Are there any parodies of Airbus commercial aircraft in GTA V that are actually flyable? 
Most 747s are now retired from passenger use so i hope we don’t see em again (only if they become the new cargo plane in VI that’s alright) 
For wide bodies A350 and the 787-10, keep it modern. 

BeauCaliente01

Drug Smuggling!! With Drug Smuggling Planes and Dropoffs. Give us that Colombiana White Gold R*

Edited by BeauCaliente01
  • Realistic Steak! 2

killahmatic
On 1/25/2024 at 7:55 AM, Not Strauss Zelnick said:

• What aircraft would you guys love to see?

• What are your wishlist items regarding this subject?

• Returning airplanes from GTA 5?

• How many airports would you like?

Aircraft I'd like to see:

Paramotor. This one is one of my biggest wishes for transportation overall. Flying around Vice City in a paramotor that you could access from your weapon/item wheel would be insane!

Jetson One

Icon A5

Twin Otter

Any torpedo bomber for some post-story chaos. 

A high-performance Bush plane like the CubCrafters "Red Bull"-themed Carbon Cub that landed on the Dubai helipad

Returning aircraft I'd like to see:

PT-17 Stearman (Duster)

Edge 540/Extra 300 (Mallard)

P-51D (P-45 Nakota)

Ultralight (Nagasaki Ultralight)

Bell 47 (Sparrow specifically- Not the Sea Sparrow)

How many airports?

Five. I think if they do more than five it starts to feel like they're just filling space in a less than creative way. (Even McKenzie airfield and Sandy Shores airfield felt like they could've been merged into one.)

Ideally, I'd like one massive international airport (Vice International), a smaller regional airport (Port Gellhorn), a small grass strip, and one military base. I think you could also put a small regional airport or a grass strip down at the end of the Keys depending on the size of "Sundown".

I think the only way they can add any more than that is if there really is some unknown large island out there somewhere that we don't know about yet. Many think there is. I'm still skeptical, but if there is, it would hopefully have an airport to land at. 

Other wishlist items regarding aviation:

I'd like to see aircraft that actually fly to and from airports with purpose. Not just spawn/despawn. Maybe some tour helicopters that you can actually see fly their entire route and land while picking up and dropping off customers. Maybe some small transportation aircraft (Twin Otter) that carry passengers from one airport to the next. Maybe even a fictional version of JANET that takes military members from Vice International to the military base at a specific time of day on certain days. 

Edited by killahmatic
  • Like 2

NYC PATROL

My main wish for airports is already being met thankfully and that's having at least 2 other locations beside Vice City with big towns, small city to  visit. It was boring in V leaving Los Santos to go to Sandy Shores airfield. Needed something interesting to visit. 

I'd like to see an option to buy a ticket and sit in the back of the plane and have an a.i. pilot fly me to another area. 

More liveliness around airports and on runways in general. Whether it's workers or civilians. Airports are some of the busiest areas in real life we need to see that reflected. 

Hope we can also switch seats in airplanes and helicopters in normal gameplay, outside of cutscene. It can get annoying when in Online, the pilot parachutes down, and the passengers can do nothing.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

spacer.png

speakwhenspokento

I hope they add an auto-pilot that just flies around in circles so we can actually do stuff in these big planes like the yachts and submarines. Just for commercial and luxury jets.

PolandMountain
15 hours ago, killahmatic said:

Twin Otter

22 hours ago, ErosPista said:

spacer.png

Would love the A220 as a modern and up to date replacement for the A319 or in completion to the A320s. 
Are there any parodies of Airbus commercial aircraft in GTA V that are actually flyable? 
Most 747s are now retired from passenger use so i hope we don’t see em again (only if they become the new cargo plane in VI that’s alright) 
For wide bodies A350 and the 787-10, keep it modern. 

As much as I like A220 idk why but I dont feel that plane as a plane for GTA VI, altough would be nice to see. My opinnion is that its just too similar to other planes for untrained eye, like it looks like too close to full size narrow body like A320 and for your normal person only the size would be a difference... CRJ or E-Jet (even with PW-1000 engines) on the other hand look completely different - my point is that R* might see it as something too similar to others.

Also regarding the Twin Otter I think we gonna see it in VI, especially since they added it to GTA Online as a Streamer216

spacer.png

Even tho the addons flight model was kinda mid I loved to fly that plane in MSFS (the Aerosoft one)

I don't really have any specific picks for smaller aircraft - so long as there's a good selection, I think I'll be happy. But what I'd like to see is a new take on cargo planes. In previous games, they've been used for some missions, and even if you could get one, the utility was not there. They either didn't work as transport at all or were very limited.

Imagine, instead, something that works like Online's Kosatka. Obviously, not as large and complex, but something that can act as a mobile base and a garage for 1-2 cars. There are a few base models R* can go with, depending on how large it'd be, but again, I'm not really all that particular. Simply having an ability to quickly shift cars by air, or land the plane at a remote location and use it as your home would create some cool ways to do missions and/or heists.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Not Strauss Zelnick

One thing i just thought off.. rockstar needs to fix the flying/gliding physics.

i hate it that when you cut your engine off in GTA5 You fall straight to the ground :cringekek:

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

TaylorSwiftDies2038

Even though I mostly hate airports in GTA maps, I did like the airports in GTA: San Andreas. Mostly because they were utilized properly.

I hope that's the same thing in GTA VI. It's one thing to have planes and airports, but it's another thing to have a use for them. In San Andreas it made total sense because there were multiple cities and big aircraft the player could fly, and flying was utilized in many missions.

In GTA V, the map doesn't have another nearby major urban area like Bakersfield, San Diego, or San Bernardino to really justify the inclusion of usable large aircraft. It mostly feels like they were added due to fan requests. Yeah there was the airfield in Blaine County but that was far from exciting.

From what we've seen of southern Leonida so far, we have another mid-sized metro area in Port Gellhorn which may be some amalgamation of Tampa, Panama City, and Fort Myers. The city will also be dotted with other smaller towns which will need to be serviced by some county/municipal airport. So the inclusion of airports in this game will make sense, and it'll be nice to see these parts utilized properly.

What's funny is that while I hate airports in GTA games, I actually do have a minor interest in aviation and I love riding on planes. It's one of those features in GTA games that's not really utilized to its full potential.

• Like 2

BTubbs200
On 1/28/2024 at 4:10 AM, Not Strauss Zelnick said:

One thing i just thought off.. rockstar needs to fix the flying/gliding physics.

i hate it that when you cut your engine off in GTA5 You fall straight to the ground :cringekek:

GTA 5 flying physics have always felt really good to me, definitely better than any other open world game I've played. Turbulence, aerodynamics, stalling, were all implemented pretty well. As for falling out of the sky when cutting off your engine, well that's what planes do. Faster aircraft don't have this problem as bad but slower planes like the Mammatus do because they quickly reach their stall speed, which is somewhat realistic. 

JASON6971

Are there any electric aircraft in existence? If so I would love to fly those in 6.

And yes the flying physics is chef's kiss for me in V.

• Realistic Steak! 1

I'd like to see a random event where we come across a MAX 9 door plug lying on the side of a road.

Also, can't have a GTA set in Miami without featuring Trump's 757.

Edited by XNOR
  • KEKW 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

Not Strauss Zelnick
1 hour ago, BTubbs200 said:

GTA 5 flying physics have always felt really good to me, definitely better than any other open world game I've played. Turbulence, aerodynamics, stalling, were all implemented pretty well. As for falling out of the sky when cutting off your engine, well that's what planes do. Faster aircraft don't have this problem as bad but slower planes like the Mammatus do because they quickly reach their stall speed, which is somewhat realistic. 

Yeah you're right, what i meant was that if you put the nose down on any plane, the plane should be able to glide further once you pull the nose back up, in gta 5 that aint happening. The plane will keep falling. But indeed, the turbulence is pretty well done.

Not Strauss Zelnick

I also wonder if rockstar has a meaning behind the jumbojets we see in the trailer. Like 1 scene with a jumbojet would be enough right? Maybe i'm just crazy :modkek:

spacer.png

I also wonder if rockstar has a meaning behind the jumbojets we see in the trailer. Like 1 scene with a jumbojet would be enough right? Maybe i'm just crazy

They probably have hand placed them there for additional detail.

I hope that aircraft will need a longer run up to be in air. Rn you are in the air way too early imo, but handling and physics should be kept arcadey.

• Realistic Steak! 1