Save files disappeared in-game after i changed the compatibility level of the .exe file.

7_8

Basically, i changed the compatibility level of the executable file, and then my saves disappeared but only in-game, the files themselves are visible in the file explorer, im talking about the OG release of GTA SA, not the defective edition, any help on this?

cant remember

It probably changed the folder where San Andreas looks for the save files. If you now run as Administrator and didn't before, you have to copy the save files to C:\User\Administrator\.... instead of your own user. Or you could save a game and search where it placed the file to figure it out.

Β 

Is your game modded? There's some mods that can change what location GTA SA has for the save files.

From what I understand your save files appear in-game but not in the GTA SA User Files folder in Documents? If you searched them and are visible in the file explorer, right click to one and open file location to see where it's now located?

Β 2dQaqi9.pngΒ purple-diamond-gem.gif

Thanks a lot for everyone who responded. The game now saves to a different user. Though i couldnt find a fix, i did found a workaround. I used a mod that moves the user files folder to the game installation folder. After that, i copied the save files from a back up i made. Thankfully, my save files werent corrupted. Again, thanks a lot for everyone who responded!

Edited by 7_8