OK!? What Has The Chop Shop Update Changed?? 1.68

Gridl0k

OK, bugging me this thread doesn't exist, viola, now it does.

Please post any UNANNOUNCED changes made to GTA Online with the 1.68 Update, The Chop Shop.

Patch Notes:

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/23999650827411/GTAV-Title-Update-1-68-Notes-PS5-PS4-Xbox-Series-X-S-Xbox-One-PC

Announcement:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/75k3149ko747ka/gta-online-the-chop-shop-now-available

See also the How Money Works thread:

OP will likely not be updated.

Go!

Designed in Texas, Assembled in sweatpants

Edited by Gridl0k

They made it so you can't use the Anti-Aircraft Trailer in contact missions anymore. They moved the option to call it in the menu from having its own tab in the vehicle menu to being in the Special Vehicles submenu (with the speedo custom, phantom wedge, etc). 

5 hours ago, BJBooBoo said:

They made it so you can't use the Anti-Aircraft Trailer in contact missions anymore. They moved the option to call it in the menu from having its own tab in the vehicle menu to being in the Special Vehicles submenu (with the speedo custom, phantom wedge, etc). 

FFS another one bites the dust.

Rickety Beemer

I tried to drive my PV Speedo custom into the Avenger (after the new dlc) to modify weapons. I already have the remote mg on it, but no proximity mines because they were bugged before.

It wouldn’t let me enter though, it might be patched, unless you can still do it in the Arena workshop or something. You can only put armor and the other stuff on it at the Agency, wtf?

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

3 hours ago, MilesFox92 said:

Jop Teleport got also patched

You can still teleport same way on console. There is already a workaround on PC for this.

R* have broken the tv audio in your properties. Means if you have turn on your tv's, it have now the highest loudness and your ears gonna be mad. Doesn't matter if you lower the loudness again.  So better is you turn off your tv's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeatsDown said:

You can still teleport same way on console. There is already a workaround on PC for this.

How?

So now you can block players from getting out of their vehicles in a GTA race...About f*cking time they did something to curb the griefers on those races!

Unfortunately they still did not addressed the main reason why that was ever possible to begin with, which is because players are allowed to bring in all of their weapons in GTA races, instead of the races being locked to specific weapons only.

Lobbies for GTA races needs to have the same weapons load out options that death matches have, on top of also having a Race Creator specific option that restricts all the weapons besides the ones that appears on the job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MilesFox92 said:

How?

if you join someone in a different targeting mode, accept the first alert then decline the second, that'll teleport you to the job marker

3 minutes ago, bitoisgod said:

if you join someone in a different targeting mode, accept the first alert then decline the second, that'll teleport you to the job marker

Bruuuuuuuuuh. Guess it's patched completely for me then, unless there's some kind of Anawack thing for PC

Insoluble Fiber

Seems that "character tints" for rpg, smg and carbine rifle got locked.. but locked at rank 0? Could be a glitch I guess

• Like 1

also, the ability to change control type (i.e standard FPS, etc) is gone, atleast it is for me on next gen

• Bruh 1

Still can’t enter the Avenger’s interior when on free roam missions like we could prior to SAM update. The really sucks, I used that for multiple air cargo missions, VIP work like Headhunter and Fortified. We traded explosive turrets for weak homing missles and pea shooters… such a gyp. Does anyone know if the non upgraded Avenger can do this? I’d imagine they made this change for both the standard and “upgraded” Avenger.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

Plocospermataceae
1 hour ago, Pedinhuh said:

Unfortunately they still did not addressed the main reason why that was ever possible to begin with, which is because players are allowed to bring in all of their weapons in GTA races, instead of the races being locked to specific weapons only.

Lobbies for GTA races needs to have the same weapons load out options that death matches have, on top of also having a Race Creator specific option that restricts all the weapons besides the ones that appears on the job.

I could tolerate GTA races if it didn't allow mines, those races always just end up in people throwing mines everywhere and you exploding randomly

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Plocospermataceae said:

I could tolerate GTA races if it didn't allow mines, those races always just end up in people throwing mines everywhere and you exploding randomly

Mines and sticky bombs, firearms are fine because shooting while maintaining the racing lines is too much of a hassle so most people don't even bother with shooting.

Side note, catch up should have been disabled by default on those modes too.

Possible AFK meta

2 hours ago I went to have a beer with me beighbur, I loaded up a game before I went there and I’m still in that session that I loaded in. Right where I was when I spawned in, next to my bed in the Auto Shop.

On my screen it say ”Press ➡️ to get into bed” , think this happen when you stand by your safe in CEO office.

Maybe the ”idle thing” just bugged out. Try it out if you want!

• Like 1

HeySlickThatsMe

All DLC weapon textures have been downgraded. The resolution was changed, for example 2048x2048 textures got replaced with 1024x1024 versions, this affects Xbox One, PS4 and PC (not sure about PS5 and Series X).

As I said this is only for DLC weapons and variants like Carbine Rifle Mk II, or employee of the month finish for Micro SMG.

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

8 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

All DLC weapon textures have been downgraded. The resolution was changed, for example 2048x2048 textures got replaced with 1024x1024 versions, this affects Xbox One, PS4 and PC (not sure about PS5 and Series X).

As I said this is only for DLC weapons and variants like Carbine Rifle Mk II, or employee of the month finish for Micro SMG.

i believe the textures are the same as they were previously on next gen

Dunno if this has been documented yet, but after completing all of the robberies the amount of ammo for assault rifles resets from 9000 to like 200 each time I load into the game :cringekek:

• Bruh 1

Insoluble Fiber

I think we spawn now in our vehicles if we set spawn location to "last location"

Pretty neat, gets you straight into action 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Insoluble Fiber said:

I think we spawn now in our vehicles if we set spawn location to "last location"

This just happened to me too. It's just random it seems as I changed sessions while still in the car and it spawned me on foot.

• Like 1

Insoluble Fiber
4 minutes ago, Gorn Lord said:

This just happened to me too. It's just random it seems as I changed sessions while still in the car and it spawned me on foot.

yeah i agree it seems a bit random, its not always 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Insoluble Fiber said:

Happened to me and my spawn location is set to Nightclub. I'd guess they screwed up spawn locations with the new music thumbdrive that's available today.

Edited by Jamwes
  • Like 2

The volume on the TVs seems to have been fixed. Just checked it in my Agency and it's much quieter now.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 1:56 PM, Insoluble Fiber said:

That's just because of the new music mix collectible. It shouldn't happen the next time you log in.

Rockstar definitely messed up something about invite-only and friendly lobbies (on PC). 

Over the past few days many PC players I know claim that after accepting job invite from a friend who is staying in an invite-only lobby they get stuck on the loading screen watching clouds, and sometimes there is a warning pop up saying "The session you are trying to join is a private session. You need a friend invite to join this session". 

Also some of them will be kicked to the public lobby after completing a heist even if they started the job in the private lobby. 

These issues happened to me several times too. 

Edited by BDF
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1

I might be wrong, but on old gen, the setting "Depth of field effects" for Display used to be changed only from single player.

I remember switching to single player because it was not available in Online.

42 minutes ago, mr_j said:

I might be wrong, but on old gen, the setting "Depth of field effects" for Display used to be changed only from single player.

I remember switching to single player because it was not available in Online.

Those depth of fields options have any effect on fps?