Best Location for Chop Shop ?

lost-in-emotions

lost-in-emotions

yes yes, every DLC the same questions 😉

there are three of them, pricely close together... so what is the best to buy?

with the best connection to easy/fast streets and/or without annoying obstacles, etc

JuAz5EG.jpg

• Like 2

Strawberry, I already got almost all of my businesses in there as it's the most central location in Los Santos, Imani Out Of Sight covers them all.

• Like 4

Lonely-Martin

Does seem they're removes the gang attack at Roger's scrapyard.

I quite like it. Always was a spot I'd like a place and NPC's stop chasing when ya turn on so it's comfy enough although I understand it's not for all.

Quite like that there's a dog walking around the head a bit there. Never know, we might be able to buy the crusher one day. 🤣🤣

• Like 2

I have really like the La Puerta location because the huge scrapyard looks cool and has the whole headcanon/rp aspect with it for me. I parked my acid lab under the highway overpass on the far end of the yard so it's nice and hidden from outsiders. I have all this secluded room for activities!

• Like 2

I bought Strawberry but as is tradition I will now move it to Murrieta, to be right next to my IE and because I know the area well from IE. There's a very useful back entrance on the highway. 

4 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

I bought Strawberry but as is tradition I will now move it to Murrieta, to be right next to my IE and because I know the area well from IE. There's a very useful back entrance on the highway. 

it's a bitch to drive in there with the tow truck. At least the fire hydrant doesn't cost damage in this business, lol. 🤣

For doing the missions it doesn't really matter. All can be "cool" locations because they are near other properties. Two are next to I/E and the other is close to an Auto Shop.

Strawberry is probably the "best" because it's central in the city, but if you're using an OPmk2 or helicopter the location only saves seconds on preps that don't involve driving a vehicle back to the chop shop. I like Murrieta because it's an easy drive for selling cars at the terminal.

2 hours ago, igrvks said:

I have really like the La Puerta location because the huge scrapyard looks cool and has the whole headcanon/rp aspect with it for me. I parked my acid lab under the highway overpass on the far end of the yard so it's nice and hidden from outsiders. I have all this secluded room for activities!

I like the location too but isn't a freeroam business battle very close to it? Depending on your playstyle and if you are playing in populated lobbies that aspect has some down and upsides.

Edited by SebKle78
bisuness <-> business and other typo corrections

Strawberry because I pass that block all the time and also I can just walk over to the Vanilla Unicorn across the street during down times 😅

But seriously, I passed on the more expensive one we usually drop Franklin hits at because I think it's out the way and also a gang attack area. The other one is in a boring location imo. I drive past Strawberry more than any of the others on a regular. Plus it's right off the highway and major streets to get anywhere.

30 minutes ago, SebKle78 said:

I like the location too but isn't a freeroam business battle very close to it? Depending on your playstyle and if you are playing in populated lobbies that aspect has some down and upsides.

There is one before you buy it but it has disappeared after I bought the property and at least during the about 20 hours of gameplay I have had in this update I have not had even a random NPC firefight anywhere near the property and the gang attack has not spawned even once. All the other gang attack areas spawn normal.

I am really curious on where everyone has got the idea that there are gang attacks in La Puerta after you own it. Is my game bugged and I'm the only one who does not get them? 😄

Edited by igrvks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, igrvks said:

I am really curious on where everyone has got the idea that there are gang attacks in La Puerta after you own it. Is my game bugged and I'm the only one who does not get them? 😄

I was wondering the same thing, I think most people just assume it would still be there after purchase! It is supposed to be disabled if owned, only bugged if you still have it.

I think location is down to personal preference and whether you play in populated sessions. I play with others a lot and found Strawberry too popular and was getting congested. La Puerta also has a bit of bottle neck and PV spawns are a bit crazy. Murrieta seems to have the easiest access, provided people don't leave PV's all over the place. If you play alone, I don't think it matters but Strawberry and Murrieta are the most straight forward and better for vehicle spawns (ie Sparrow/Buzzard)

Edited by Calakarad

3 hours ago, igrvks said:

There is one before you buy it but it has disappeared after I bought the property and at least during the about 20 hours of gameplay I have had in this update I have not had even a random NPC firefight anywhere near the property and the gang attack has not spawned even once. All the other gang attack areas spawn normal.

I am talking about the business battle event for freeroam in a populated open session and not the gang attack. The one at the the scrapyard with the exit right next to the location and everybody doing the business battle not with opmk2 beeing in need to drive right through your front- and backyard. The second one in the list -> https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Business_Battles/Factory_Raid

1 hour ago, SqualidCoyote said:

Like an idiot I bought the Paleto Bay site. Don't be like me. Learn from my mistakes...

Is it next to your Arcade? 😉

2 hours ago, Calakarad said:

Murrieta seems to have the easiest access, provided people don't leave PV's all over the place.

When your PV is brought to the Murrieta location it spawns right outside. Which makes it a bit of an obstacle when coming back during a tow mission, if you care about not bumping into your own car.

1 hour ago, SebKle78 said:

I am talking about the business battle event for freeroam in a populated open session and not the gang attack. The one at the the scrapyard with the exit right next to the location and everybody doing the business battle not with opmk2 beeing in need to drive right through your front- and backyard. The second one in the list -> https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Business_Battles/Factory_Raid

I have not had them either, been playing on public lobbies and inv only about 50/50 though so admittedly much smaller sample.

Metworld-Steve
16 hours ago, SqualidCoyote said:

Like an idiot I bought the Paleto Bay site. Don't be like me. Learn from my mistakes...

...BUT For players who want to scrap cars vs sell them at the terminal could this be a nice business to own that keeps you out of LS or are the collection missions all based in LS if you have one of the SS or PB locations and vice versa for the LS locations. i know Rockstar like us to get our drive on!

i have the strawberry scrapyard because it's closer to my maze bank west ceo office and my del perro apartment (also my vespucci cannel nigtclub and warehouses.

On 12/14/2023 at 2:19 PM, SqualidCoyote said:

Hey it’s possible that the upcoming scrapyard jobs will be in Blaine County which would make your choice, genius. 
I have no issues swapping scrapyards if it makes the work easier. 

I base it on how I chose my facility: the one(s) with the best vehicle spawn locations. 

Strawberry and Murrieta are good. I chose Strawberry. 

Funny thing, my MK2 is under the covering by the entrance and its always there after exiting the game. I need to test vehicle spawns, but the street is close enough I didnt even care.

I also like Strawberry because its more central to the map. 

Edited by salsoze

Strawberry was my choice since most of my other businesses are close, specifically Rimm Paints Nightclub and Flints Autos.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 5:08 PM, msrae said:

Murietta. Having it right next to my I/E garage feels so fitting.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:26 PM, Gridl0k said:

That's an interesting idea, I bought the one at Roger's scrapyard & I have the Elysian Island wearhouse, but now I'm tempted to consolidate both into a single location in Murrieta heights.

Not looking forward to emptying and restocking my warehouse though.

The Salvage Yard isn't that bad.  You only need to do 4 Tow Truck missions for a $24k passive income, after that you only need to do 1 Tow Truck mission every 96 minutes to keep it.  Tow Truck missions take roughly as long as Bunker Excess Weapons Part deliveries and generate $30-50k per salvage too.  It's 2nd only to the Nightclub really for passsive income but if you want to do 2 or 4 Tow Trucks missions per 96 minutes, you can generate $60-200k in salvage plus the passive income, which you can't do with the nightclub.  Arcade, Agency, Nightclub plus Salvage Yard now generates $99k in wall safe income.

Edited by BMD
  • Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 8:19 PM, SqualidCoyote said:

I got this location for my second character knowing what I'm doing, it is the most scenic location and I won't repeat the robberies anyways once I'm through all, to tow vehicles I prefer the countryside. Just do not ever drive with a boat trailer through the tunnel while you are chased (ship robbery).

R* realy need to stop making "bad" locations and start making unique jobs to paleto and grapeseed business include sells.

this will encourage people to trade their locations to try new variants of the jobs.

ye, in this case there is no other way than the terminal for delivering cars, but at least tow truck missions and preps could be close to this area.

For the topic... Strawberry and Murieta heights for my characters 😉

Edited by kapushka
  • Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 3:08 PM, msrae said:

Murietta. Having it right next to my I/E garage feels so fitting.

This, feels like that whole area is mine. Plus easy drive to terminal. 

• Like 2

In terms of benefits for preps and tasks, it doesn't really matter. Preps, tasks and the disruption mission all have an allowed max distance of 15km (which covers the whole map) and a min distance of 500 meters. So you can't, for example, exclude faraway variants of tasks because you chose a particular location.

So it's down to personal preference. Except for the Terminal sell mission since you would cover less distance with the Murrieta location.

Edited by Tez2