GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk XIII

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Bottom Dollar Bounties Section

>> B*tch & Moan <<

Car Trade/Requests Thread (ALL Platforms!)

Vehicle Wishlist and Speculation

(Vehicle wishlist/discussion posts aren't being removed or anything, and most times won't be, but please try and keep it in the right topic, ty!)

GTA VI Online Speculation & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Crateman said:

You can just uninstall the Game 🤷‍♂️ 

Old gen consoles players Will continue to play, PC players Will continue to play as well.

But if You need to stop play to prepare 1.5 years in advance it's ok.

You Will skip the next dlc too? 🤔

I'm keeping it installed in case they do some cross-promotion for GTA VI.

And yes, I didn't complete the last one either, only one mission -- not because I suddenly hate game, but to clear some long-ass games I bought and make sure I don't get burn out of the formula and properly enjoy VI. Makes sense to me. 😛

18 minutes ago, Crateman said:

You can just uninstall the Game 🤷‍♂️ 

Old gen consoles players Will continue to play, PC players Will continue to play as well.

But if You need to stop play to prepare 1.5 years in advance it's ok.

You Will skip the next dlc too? 🤔

I think what @Lexiture@Lexiture said could be an attitude that will grow in the next months if all this GTAO stalling is confirmed.

A feeling of 'what's the point to go on?' 

Since they stole 200+ cars from the in game stores, I was done with GTAO update-wise. Last update I played was the Paperclip missions so I just log in to buy the new cars to try new crew colors, and sincerely I feel like I'm not missing anything. The DLCs feel thinner each time. 

The point is: if they cannot multi-task, or even worse, if they're not sure that GTAVI Online will be good enough to overlap temporarily with GTAO and they're going to let it go with a whimper, why would we care more about this game than Take-Two does? 

33 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

I'm keeping it installed in case they do some cross-promotion for GTA VI.

And yes, I didn't complete the last one either, only one mission -- not because I suddenly hate game, but to clear some long-ass games I bought and make sure I don't get burn out of the formula and properly enjoy VI. Makes sense to me. 😛

Fair enough point 👍

Edited by Crateman

ajheadshot777
4 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Rockstar's plan for the new year is to place GTAO on the back burner due to more focus on VI. So we may not even receive a second update.

It's December 16th not April 1st Tez!!!! 😭

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah, 100%. They absolutely have to send this game off in style. I'm very open minded as to how, what etc. But it's always possible Ned has already done what's needed if R* have more of an internal plan to slow this as they ramp up VI. 🤞🤠

Yes it’s a good point - if it’s just cutscenes they could get him to do his acting well in advance and tweak gameplay later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Rockstar's plan for the new year is to place GTAO on the back burner due to more focus on VI. So we may not even receive a second update.

I thought GTAO was already on a back burner :lmaokek:  I hope we get a small update at least 

• Realistic Steak! 2

5 hours ago, Tez2 said:

I personally do not think this is happening until later next year. There'll still be content updates next year most likely, at least one.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna want to close out the loose ends in the Doomsday/Criminal Enterprises/Tuners story too so.

2025 however when VI releases  (or maybe late 2024?) i  think is when Online goes into maintenance mode with just QoL changes, bug fixes etc.

We'll see but I wouldn't take that as a certainty just because it's Tez saying it (for those who are thinking that). This almost feels like an attempt to rile up the community considering how powerful allegations like that are lmao.

People have been saying GTAO was gonna slow down for two years, that the rhythm game was coming, that Michael was very likely to be in a DLC last year, etc... don't take anything as gospel until R* says otherwise. Gen9 is still getting extra features, GTA+ is not yet on PC (though it's debatable whether it's coming or not), etc. They aren't slowing down yet at all IMO.

I'm having deja vu with this conversation, and here we are in December 2023 still with GTAO DLC :) 

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

I’ll be playing GTAO for racing alone and also likely the usually mucking about in FR well after VI comes out. Only way I would drop current GTAO is if VI launches with every GTAO car available online as of day one which it won’t (and I don’t expect it to, that would be unrealistic). 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crateman said:

if they do that and Michael saying "why did i move here, to be used as reused content i Guess" the people Will uninstall GTA 6.

bro be serious:lmaokek: there’s no way that you actually believe the sh*t you said.

6 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

They aren't slowing down yet at all IMO.

I'm having deja vu with this conversation, and here we are in December 2023 still with GTAO DLC :) 

I mean, obviously you gotta consider the fact that we are also post formal reveal and will have gta VI in the next 16-18 months. I don’t think the current situation can be applied to previous claims for the simple fact that “it’s actually happening” now. At at some point in the very near future they are going to bring updates to a halt. I’m of the opinion that there’s only one more big update left to finish up GTA Online as we know it in its current iteration, and then it’s for certain 100% focus of GTA VI and then the eventual GTAO for that game whenever that may be.

Edited by REVENGE777
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Crateman said:

Iam pretty sure they have enough ideas for GTA online 2.0 Aka GTA 6. 

GTA 6 map is going to be totally different to GTA V map, so they Will have multiple ideas to use this new map, i highly doubt they Will use new GTA V online ideas for 6.

They are not porting Michael and movie studio to make a DLC in GTA 6...if they do that and Michael saying "why did i move here, to be used as reused content i Guess" the people Will uninstall GTA 6.

They still need to use the remaining assets and ideas for the next GTA V online DLC.

If there are remaining assets why did they not already use it? I'm not sure what you mean by it anyways and why should people be p*ssed when Michael returns to VI online? Michael might make a movie in Vice City and we be stuntmen or something like that, this would work at any location.

Not any idea can be re-used, let's say we get an Oil rig heist as DLC, you can't then reasonably make another Oil rig heist in the next game. Some ideas will be burned for the next title if used now and by all the content we already have, the next online needs any good idea left.

Maybe the final DLC is related to Mount Chilliad Mistery as this is something that makes no sense in VI.

3 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

bro be serious:lmaokek: there’s no way that you actually believe the sh*t you said.

I don't, but a forumer said that they better use GTA online assets for GTA 6, like a possible idea of a Michael DLC involving movie studio and such...

That was My response to that...Iam pretty sure most players don't wanna SEE Michael in GTA 6, maybe a few do, but in general most forumers wanting GTA 6, they Say that they are "tired and sick of los santos" and they want to move to Vice City.

And of course if for some reason Michael appears in GTA 6, he won't Say "why did i move here" unless Rockstar wants to troll hard.

You quoted me for the wrong reason i think, and maybe You need to read the post better before quoting.

Here is the complete post You partially quoted, just in case: 

Spoiler

Iam pretty sure they have enough ideas for GTA online 2.0 Aka GTA 6. 

GTA 6 map is going to be totally different to GTA V map, so they Will have multiple ideas to use this new map, i highly doubt they Will use new GTA V online ideas for 6.

They are not porting Michael and movie studio to make a DLC in GTA 6...if they do that and Michael saying "why did i move here, to be used as reused content i Guess" the people Will uninstall GTA 6.

They still need to use the remaining assets and ideas for the next GTA V online DLC.

You can disagree with My opinión and speculation, maybe You think that Rockstar Will use GTA online assets (Iam not talking about Cars and guns, thats a given,we Saw GTA V Cars in the trailer),for GTA 6 or unused ideas for GTA online might be used in GTA 6, it's ok.

I don't understand this "bro be serious" "You actually believe that s#it" attitude towards me. If You disagree with what i said better quote the whole post at least, quoting partially can lead to a misunderstanding.

The Michael part refferences a situation, a possible scenario that might happen, i used it as example because lots of people's just want a fresh start, all new characters, a considerable part of the community might be annoyed if Michael appears in GTA 6...the climax of this Will be he saying his famous words "why did i move here"...and this was related to a discussion centered in wheter Rockstar should save current GTA online ideas or assets for GTA 6, or use all remaining ideas and assets for GTA V online. 

I hope it's clear now.

Edited by Crateman

16 hours ago, Tez2 said:

tumblr-oii4kh-IUp-K1u2ragso2-r1-500.gif

Red Dead Community right now

tumblr-189dbb9f5ae380a4398f8e55d8b12d23-

@Crateman you maybe should think more like a businessmann would do than a fan, why would anyone want Michael in GTAO now but then be upset when he appears only in VI Online?

People seem to care about continuity and we have IV characters in V, so why not Michael or any other good character in VI? Personally I don't care about Michael or any other V character.

R* ain't Santa Clause, they don't want to make anyone happy as an end itself but making money. I'm just trying to be realistic and this means what would R* do to maximize profits? If let's say 80% of the playerbase wants mansions, would you give them mansions now or only in VI-Online? The same with everything else, I said it, the more people say they want Michael DLC, the more likely it will happen not now but in VI Online. We have seen a vast decrease in DLC size or quality since "The Contract" and this likely will continue until the release of VI. Just look at this DLC, 3 mediocre at best robberies at Day 1 and vehicles that for the most part were already in the game or backported from VI.

Restart2020Late2025
11 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

I personally do not think this is happening until later next year. There'll still be content updates next year most likely, at least one.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna want to close out the loose ends in the Doomsday/Criminal Enterprises/Tuners story too so.

2025 however when VI releases  (or maybe late 2024?) i  think is when Online goes into maintenance mode with just QoL changes, bug fixes etc.

We'll see but I wouldn't take that as a certainty just because it's Tez saying it (for those who are thinking that). This almost feels like an attempt to rile up the community considering how powerful allegations like that are lmao.

People have been saying GTAO was gonna slow down for two years, that the rhythm game was coming, that Michael was very likely to be in a DLC last year, etc... don't take anything as gospel until R* says otherwise. Gen9 is still getting extra features, GTA+ is not yet on PC (though it's debatable whether it's coming or not), etc. They aren't slowing down yet at all IMO.

This is an odd statement to make, considering R* has never really cared about loose ends, especially not in GTA Online. 

Although it is likely R* wants to release all the, unreleased, unfinished content from past content updates, similar to how they included Police vehicles in the latest update. So perhaps the summer update will be a big mix and mash of repurposed past content. 

And Tez is a reliable source, so I don’t know why we should question him when he is telling us R*s focus is on VI (which it most definitely is)

32 minutes ago, Restart2020Late2025 said:

This is an odd statement to make, considering R* has never really cared about loose ends, especially not in GTA Online.

Then why does Criminal Enterprises exist which is a direct extension of story they've teased in both of the aforementioned DLC's? People might not like some of the GTAO "story arcs" but they exist in plenty of the DLC's.

I'm not questioning Tez necessarily, I'm just saying that we've been here before in terms of expectations in regards to GTA Online DLC "ending" or "winding down" and that we should take such allegations with a pinch of salt instead of taking them as gospel immediately. That's what my examples meant to say.

5 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

I mean, obviously you gotta consider the fact that we are also post formal reveal and will have gta VI in the next 16-18 months. I don’t think the current situation can be applied to previous claims for the simple fact that “it’s actually happening” now. At at some point in the very near future they are going to bring updates to a halt. I’m of the opinion that there’s only one more big update left to finish up GTA Online as we know it in its current iteration, and then it’s for certain 100% focus of GTA VI and then the eventual GTAO for that game whenever that may be.

I partially agree yeah I just think it won't be that fast, the post is full of "IMO"'s after all :p I didn't say the updates would be big either, just said that I think they're not gonna wind down content updates just yet, not to the point we're "not getting a second update". That's the part of his post I personally don't agree with yet. Smaller updates sure maybe, but still content updates until the end of next year is my opinion.

image.png

11 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

i saw the previous next dlc speculation threads, when RDR2 was going to release and people were saying gta online is going to end
The type of content GTA Online is receiving like Birthday hats, QoL updates shows that R* has long term plan for GTA O, R* also shows gta online as a separate gta title not a multiplayer component for V
Maybe the developers have alternative plans like connecting gta online with gta vi? or something else? idk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeltaV20 said:

i saw the previous next dlc speculation threads, when RDR2 was going to release and people were saying gta online is going to end
The type of content GTA Online is receiving like Birthday hats, QoL updates shows that R* has long term plan for GTA O, R* also shows gta online as a separate gta title not a multiplayer component for V
Maybe the developers have alternative plans like connecting gta online with gta vi? or something else? idk

I wouldn't say connecting directly but we'll absolutely get cross-promotional content attached to a DLC yeah.

• Like 2

image.png

Restart2020Late2025
10 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

RDR2 was a different beast though. It was very clear that Red Dead Online would never be as popular as GTA Online is, so GTA Online seizing support wouldn’t make any sense.

Also Red Dead Online did not quite reach the expectations Rockstar had for it, which is probably why their Live Service teams had a focus on GTA Online.

I highly doubt that Rockstar will continue GTA Online after VIs Online component releases. This is the real question however: When will GTA VIs Online mode even release? The initial announcement did not mention an Online component at all. Unlike Red dead Redemption 2, where it was explicitly mentioned that it would serve as the basis for a brand new Online mode. 

I do believe it is likely GTA Online will be on the backburner and receive mid-sized content updates (such as The Chop shop) until GTA VI Online releaeses, which could very well be at the end of 2025 or even later. 

Another factor to consider here is that content production for GTA Online is very easy compared to Red Dead Online or even GTA VI Online future titles.

R* has the tools already fleshed out, and they have years of experience working with the GTA Online codebase. 

Adding a couple of new races, missions, QoL features, or even extensions to current content updates - does not seem all that difficult. This is probably also a reason why Red dead Online never managed to take off: producing content for it just turned out to be more difficult than r* anticipated.

GTAmorethan5lessthan7

I don't think we will get a summer DLC next year. Aside from QoL changes, this year's summer DLC was the worst that we ever received. It'd be better if Rockstar took their time and gave us a big Winter 2024 DLC.

I want them make some missions like The Criminal Enterprises, a lot of QoL changes and a nice cross-promotional GTA VI event. Also adding some nice planes and helicopters.

Is it realistic to expect GTA Online be shut down very near GTA 6's release? Rockstar has to make room for GTA 6 Online servers, I don't think they want to spend additional money when they can shut down GTA Online instead.

Also what cross-promotional content do you guys want to see in the next DLC? I believe having an exclusive t-shirt for our GTA 6 Online characters is good enough.

WinterFrosty86

Time to change this topic's name from "Next DLC speculation thread" to the "How long does GTAO have speculation thread":modkek:

18 hours ago, Tez2 said:

It's kinda wild isn't it? GTAO finally being put on life support after 10 freaking years but I guess it's time.

2 hours ago, DeltaV20 said:

There very well be a continuity between current GTAO and future online, for this reason expect no huge final DLC because the story of GTAO will likely be continued with the next installment but this naturally means the end (in terms of future DLCs - not that servers will be shut down anytime soon) of current GTAO.

Edited by Aquamaniac

3 hours ago, GTAmorethan5lessthan7 said:

Is it realistic to expect GTA Online be shut down very near GTA 6's release?

No.

image.png

Shutting down GTA online is not really an option. GTA O will go into a support mode with bug fixes here and there but it won’t just be completely shut down.

11 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

No.

Yeah I sure hope not, there is more content packed into online than any GTA game prior, maybe even combined. I’m talking cars, businesses, activities everything. GTAO is the biggest GTA game we’ve ever had, would be a massive failure to just flush it..

• Like 1
  • Conspiracy! 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

We’ll likely get one more update next summer, Rockstar will announce that there won’t be more updates for GTA Online soon after, and they’ll keep releasing drip feed content until around December.

3 hours ago, REVENGE777 said:

Shutting down GTA online is not really an option. GTA O will go into a support mode with bug fixes here and there but it won’t just be completely shut down.

Agreed except on the bug fixes part.
Look at RDO even if it underperformed they still do monthly bonuses and community outfits. Bugs though, those are still around and not minor ones, some of the most egregious ones like the stable softlock to name one of them are still around.

I just think one day they'll pack up and leave. And only weekly bonuses and discounts etc will remain if not becoming monthly at that point and thats it. The game itself will probably keep going for who knows how long, few more years probably.

Edited by CUTS3R

19 hours ago, Niccky said:

I thought GTAO was already on a back burner :lmaokek:  I hope we get a small update at least 

I would still expect a title update. Just instead of the usual two major DLCs we're used to, we may receive a smaller one consisting of mostly QoL and the other one being the major DLC we're used to.