GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk XIII

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Bottom Dollar Bounties Section

>> B*tch & Moan <<

Car Trade/Requests Thread (ALL Platforms!)

Vehicle Wishlist and Speculation

(Vehicle wishlist/discussion posts aren't being removed or anything, and most times won't be, but please try and keep it in the right topic, ty!)

GTA VI Online Speculation & Discussion

4 hours ago, KODRB said:

Everyone is saying there's only going to be 2 more DLC's (winter and Summer 2024) because they saw the 2025 date for 6. But if the timeline of 6 dropping in late Feb-March is accurate then Online 2 won't launch until late March/April. R* is smart, even if Online 2 is functional and ready they won't let it take away from the first 30-45 days of 6 as a SP game. It was almost a month between 5's launch and Online's.

Also, R* isn't going to just let Online go simply because of 6. They've kept previous gen consoles running after launching on new ones with Online because there's still money to be made until the majority of the community has shifted or they simply cannot push the style of content onto those platforms. So I'm betting if Online 2 launches in April 2025 we'll get a Summer 2025 DLC for Online 1 that will be mostly backported items/events that 6/Online 2 launched with. Then I can see a small overlap for Winter 2025, Online 2 will obviously get much more than Online 1 but Online 1 will get just enough to tease you and entice you to use your christmas money on 6/Online 2 and basically Online 1's story will conclude with a big fat postcard from VIce City saying "Come visit, we don't get snow" and some dumb cutscene where Lester tells you things are done in Los Santos, but he hears there's opportunity back east...

Hell I could see them going as far as to be like "You're still playing this game? Here's a coupon for GTA6!" at that point honestly.

Now, I do believe either this DLC was the last for last gen consoles, possibly the Summer 2024 DLC could be it, or I could even see R* going "here's a small spring DLC with some cars, new adversary modes, and here's PC E&E, by the way last gen you're done you get nothing after this." followed 3 months later by a nice fat Summer 2024 DLC that screams Miami Vice and was teased/announced to us in this little DLC.

Simply stopping content for Online 1 because 6/Online 2 comes out is a horrible business idea for R*, it removes their final moments to make some money off a game they've sold to a lot of people 3 or more times (and yes I am one of those people: PS3>PS4>PS5) because there's going to be a ton of people still playing Online 1 after 6 comes out.

I agree 100%

But sadly old gen is going into 2024 being supported and still receiving stuff...

Iam waiting for last gen to be dropped since 2020 and then 2022 after E&E dropped and console shortages finished...

I really do think that Rockstar was planning to drop last gen after cayo perico released...

I just want E&E on PC on the next DLC or earlier Say March/April 2024

1 hour ago, Aquamaniac said:

@MisFit-138: You heard of Moonshine? It is illegal in most countries to produce alcohol without permission. Wouldn't fit in a modern setting though.

Yeah, but nobody really buys it bootleg, because you can just buy it distilled from a company with oversight and accountability at Total Wine and More. 

1 hour ago, MisFit-138 said:

Yeah, but nobody really buys it bootleg, because you can just buy it distilled from a company with oversight and accountability at Total Wine and More. 

It seems to have been a thing up until the 70s in movies and TV series but usually takes place in the South, not California.

RoadbreakerGTA

Honestly, I think Rockstar would figure a way around to make an alcohol business, we could do it legally or illegally and have something else as a front like a pub, restaurant or whatever, we could make all sorts of booze and distribute them to stores, nightclubs and such, maybe add like an option to do it legally or illegally depending which ones give you more money, there's no way they can't do an alcohol business, just need to find a way to fit it in, that's all 

Also, a Biker's Chop Shop would be cool as an expansion to our MC business, similar to our current chop shop business or be different to such, maybe unlike our current chop shop business, the Biker Chop Shop business will involve building bikes instead of a mini heist like in the current dlc, go all American Choppers style maybe or whatever, bring back all the missing bikes plus new ones too (also, strange we didn't get a new bike in this update when there's a lot to choose from), of course few new cars suitable to the update too and new transport vehicles as well (new ones not reused or new versions of existing ones like the Mule, Benson, Pony, Boxvile and such but new ones and returning ones like the Steed, Yankee and all), so there

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

14 hours ago, KODRB said:

Everyone is saying there's only going to be 2 more DLC's (winter and Summer 2024) because they saw the 2025 date for 6. But if the timeline of 6 dropping in late Feb-March is accurate then Online 2 won't launch until late March/April. R* is smart, even if Online 2 is functional and ready they won't let it take away from the first 30-45 days of 6 as a SP game. It was almost a month between 5's launch and Online's.

Also, R* isn't going to just let Online go simply because of 6. They've kept previous gen consoles running after launching on new ones with Online because there's still money to be made until the majority of the community has shifted or they simply cannot push the style of content onto those platforms. So I'm betting if Online 2 launches in April 2025 we'll get a Summer 2025 DLC for Online 1 that will be mostly backported items/events that 6/Online 2 launched with. Then I can see a small overlap for Winter 2025, Online 2 will obviously get much more than Online 1 but Online 1 will get just enough to tease you and entice you to use your christmas money on 6/Online 2 and basically Online 1's story will conclude with a big fat postcard from VIce City saying "Come visit, we don't get snow" and some dumb cutscene where Lester tells you things are done in Los Santos, but he hears there's opportunity back east...

Hell I could see them going as far as to be like "You're still playing this game? Here's a coupon for GTA6!" at that point honestly.

Now, I do believe either this DLC was the last for last gen consoles, possibly the Summer 2024 DLC could be it, or I could even see R* going "here's a small spring DLC with some cars, new adversary modes, and here's PC E&E, by the way last gen you're done you get nothing after this." followed 3 months later by a nice fat Summer 2024 DLC that screams Miami Vice and was teased/announced to us in this little DLC.

Simply stopping content for Online 1 because 6/Online 2 comes out is a horrible business idea for R*, it removes their final moments to make some money off a game they've sold to a lot of people 3 or more times (and yes I am one of those people: PS3>PS4>PS5) because there's going to be a ton of people still playing Online 1 after 6 comes out.

Continuing to support GTA V Online after VI gets released would be a horrible business idea. What do you think will generate more money between GTA V + GTA V Online and GTA VI + GTA VI Online? It's GTA VI + GTA VI Online by a distance, we're comparing a 10-year-old game (that will be 12 yo in 2025) to the highest anticipated game of all time. And, given the fail of RDO, they have to nail down the first few months of GTA VI Online to make sure that people don't feel like they're playing an empty mode.

Actually if Q1 of 2025 is confirmed to be VI release window I would expect a very small winter 2024 DLC with little to no drip-feed, I'm sure they don't want to deal with other stuff in the weeks leading to VI. I am however of the idea that VI will be eventually released in Q3-Q4 of 2025, so my guess is 2 more DLCs around the same size of last updates, all coming to Gen8.

We've also been getting backported content from GTA VI for quite some time IMO, this DLC in particular screams Florida in its vehicle selection.

GTA V Online will continue to live on after VI gets released because they won't immediately shut down all servers, it just won't receive any more content... And thankfully I would say, we've been roaming around Los Santos for over a decade on 3 different generations of consoles, it's time for everyone (devs included) to move to the State of Leonida.

it's ironic that in the same update that they removed armor for the monstrociti, etc, and one of the getaway vehicle choices in the heist is the monstocity

Rockstar's plan for the new year is to place GTAO on the back burner due to more focus on VI. So we may not even receive a second update two major updates like Summer & Winter DLCs, but instead one big update and a smaller one consisting of QoL.

Edited by Tez2

That's not even the backburner at this point, GTA online is being put on a burner in another kitchen entirely.

25 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Rockstar's plan for the new year is to place GTAO on the back burner due to more focus on VI. So we may not even receive a second update.

You mean a summer DLC? I wouldn’t mind to be honest, I just hope we get an official final update at some point with stuff like the Comet Classic and NSX and some final QOL stuff.

Edited by AUScowboy

36 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Rockstar's plan for the new year is to place GTAO on the back burner due to more focus on VI. So we may not even receive a second update.

This is your speculation or You have some reliable sources? 👀...asking for a friend 🤓

Iam on the 2 dlcs side (a small summer DLC and last bang on December) 

If they plan just 1 more, i can SEE a bigger summer DLC and a mere festive surprise for December...

Hopefully they do 2 

Edited by Crateman
  • Like 4

rollschuh2282
31 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

please tell me PC will get E&E content still
🥲

Lamborghini1335
16 hours ago, KODRB said:

~snippy snippy~

It was only 2 weeks between 5 and Online.

11 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

please tell me PC will get E&E content still
🥲

+1🥲

44 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

We will 100% receive  a next DLC else they would have made that clear. They have content stored for years. 

53 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Are you implying we may get monthly event periods starting in January or just no more DLC's?

Tez2 just dropped da bomb...

We need answers 👀

Insoluble Fiber

if i interpret it correctly, no second update in 2024 

so there will be a summer update but no winter update 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, vst said:

Are you implying we may get monthly event periods starting in January or just no more DLC's?

I'm not implying anything nor would the weekly schedule change. I'm just saying it's best to lower our expectations for a second update. But it is not set in stone either.

We may end up with one DLC and tons of QoL updates instead of the regular two DLCs schedule we're used to. But this isn't set in stone and just plans that are being considered. Which could definitely change at any point. Just like we never received the second VIP Contract which we saw references to within the files.

51 minutes ago, qwerty77 said:

We will 100% receive  a next DLC else they would have made that clear. They have content stored for years. 

Which they would use for the next installment if they are clever.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

3 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

Which they would use for the next installment if they are clever.

Why would they use GTA online assets for GTA 6, that makes no sense.

There's chance we never have a chance to help Michael with movie studio, even tho R* probably know how much of a banger and nice story was in The Contract will all characters.
Same as Heists, but its probably even harder to come up with intresting idea and make all balance adjustments in these days.
Would be awesome? of course, but we dont know how much of a manpower GTAO DLCs have

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crateman said:

Why would they use GTA online assets for GTA 6, that makes no sense.

I'm speaking more about the ideas and themes. Mansions, Michael/Movie DLC, Oilrigs - why not keeping new or popular ideas for the next installment - I would do so from an economic point of view. Most who have a next gen console will move on to VI I suppose, for this reason I think R* will not abandon last gen.

To some degree I think it would make sense to continue the story of GTAO within VI-Online while the VI-story is more grounded and realistic but we'll see.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

40 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

I'm speaking more about the ideas and themes. Mansions, Michael/Movie DLC, Oilrigs - why not keeping new or popular ideas for the next installment - I would do so from an economic point of view. Most who have a next gen console will move on to VI I suppose, for this reason I think R* will not abandon last gen.

To some degree I think it would make sense to continue the story of GTAO within VI-Online while the VI-story is more grounded and realistic but we'll see.

Iam pretty sure they have enough ideas for GTA online 2.0 Aka GTA 6. 

GTA 6 map is going to be totally different to GTA V map, so they Will have multiple ideas to use this new map, i highly doubt they Will use new GTA V online ideas for 6.

They are not porting Michael and movie studio to make a DLC in GTA 6...if they do that and Michael saying "why did i move here, to be used as reused content i Guess" the people Will uninstall GTA 6.

They still need to use the remaining assets and ideas for the next GTA V online DLC.

Edited by Crateman

Ok, this is giving me Red Dead Online vibes. Not surprised if we start to see #SaveGTAOnline posted on twitter next year. 

Edited by El Cavilldo
  • KEKW 1
  • Conspiracy! 2

On 12/13/2023 at 11:55 PM, El Cavilldo said:

My bet is that Michael will be on the very last update of GTAO

I think they should do this. There have been some massive DLCs over the lifetime of GTA Online and for the finale not to be an anti-climax, brining Michael back is the best way to round the story off with a satisfying sense of completion.

I reckon Ned Luke’d be up for it, although currently his YouTube following is exploding (rightly so imho, he blows most long time streamers out of the water for entertainment value). If he carries on with the last months growth trajectory in subscribers R* might not be able to afford him in a years time!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tez2 said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952hwhc7yjwrpywwlvmx

No point in playing now imo.

It's time to take a long break before getting into the next GTAO, which will of course be more grindy and dripfeed-y than the current one.

18 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

No point in playing now imo.

It's time to take a long break before getting into the next GTAO, which will of course be more grindy and dripfeed-y than the current one.

You can just uninstall the Game 🤷‍♂️ 

Old gen consoles players Will continue to play, PC players Will continue to play as well.

But if You need to stop play to prepare 1.5 years in advance it's ok.

You Will skip the next dlc too? 🤔

Lonely-Martin
35 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

I think they should do this. There have been some massive DLCs over the lifetime of GTA Online and for the finale not to be an anti-climax, brining Michael back is the best way to round the story off with a satisfying sense of completion.

I reckon Ned Luke’d be up for it, although currently his YouTube following is exploding (rightly so imho, he blows most long time streamers out of the water for entertainment value). If he carries on with the last months growth trajectory in subscribers R* might not be able to afford him in a years time!

Yeah, 100%. They absolutely have to send this game off in style. I'm very open minded as to how, what etc. But it's always possible Ned has already done what's needed if R* have more of an internal plan to slow this as they ramp up VI. 🤞🤠

• Like 3

arisfelbonilla
2 hours ago, Tez2 said:

'm not implying anything nor would the weekly schedule change. I'm just saying it's best to lower our expectations for a second update. But it is not set in stone either.

We may end up with one DLC and tons of QoL updates instead of the regular two DLCs schedule we're used to. But this isn't set in stone and just plans that are being considered. Which could definitely change at any point. Just like we never received the second VIP Contract which we saw references to within the files.

It is a bit contradictory since Take Two itself said in some calls that GTA Online will continue to provide support