Light No Fire

El Cavilldo

dDFsaHcN?format=jpg&name=small

Announced during The 2023 Game Awards, Light no Fire is the new sandbox exploration game by Hello Games, creators of No Man's Sky. 

Light No Fire is a game about adventure, building, survival and exploration together.

Set on a fantasy planet the size of Earth, it brings the depth of a role playing game to the freedom of a survival sandbox.

lnf-screenshot-1.png?width=2560&height=1

Edited by El Cavilldo

I feel like they've taken NMS really as far as they can at this point given it's a 10 year old game and adding more to it gets more and more complex, and they've fully redeemed themselves after the NMS launch, 10 years of support, every update being free etc.

So I've been genuinely looking forward to seeing where they go next and this feels like such a natural step for them. Definitely down for this one.

• Like 2

Why couldn't they just add this to No Man's Sky through a paid add-on I wonder? Looks exactly the same to me from a technical and graphics perspective?

Why didn't R* just add RDR2 as an expansion to GTA V? It's the same engine, same developer, it's open world w/ guns.... Dumb Rockstar.

• KEKW 3

This has jumped to one of my most anticipated games. It looks incredible. Seems like they've gone with everything from No Man's Sky over the years and ramped it up to 1000.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why didn't R* just add RDR2 as an expansion to GTA V? It's the same engine, same developer, it's open world w/ guns.... Dumb Rockstar.

Didn't they do that already?

5e1de9-Desktop%20Screenshot%202018.12.23

One thing with this being set on a planet is it'll not have a problem I have with NMS, which is that it's moment to moment gameplay is pretty poo. All space games, including Starfield, have the issue where there's a lot of travel to content because the distances are so big, so the moment to moment gameplay is broken up a lot. On top of that to encourage travel between planets no one planet or system has all the things you need, so you need to bounce around a lot, drop on a planet, get what  you need, go else where.

It's not a bad gameplay loop, it's fun, but it's a very different experience to something like this will hopefully have where you can load it up and just go head out and stumble on something much more naturally. NMS is one of those games where it's hard to get back into a save cause you have to set new goals cause you can't just pick a direction and find something to do, but here that should be possible. LNF should be a lot better as a pick up and play, drop in, drop out experience essentially.

• Like 1

This has the potential to be the first online game I play that isn't GTA. I was tempted by NMS but it just seems like it would be a massive time sink right now. 

I'm not a medieval/fantasy fan, but a full Earth sized map? If this is good, and I have other people interested by the time it's out, I might just have to try it.

• Like 1

Watching the trailer again and I'm loving the scale of the mountains. One of my big complaints with game that utilise prog gen for planets, be it NMS, Starfield or others, is that mountains are just hills. They're not big at all and you can walk up and down them w/ ease usually, but in the trailer here we some massive mountains that are gonna need our flying mounts to traverse.

If it's online only and the world is persistent I'm curious how they'll handle building, I imagine and hope there will be safe zones and optional PvP, if so then I'll be so down for this one I think. NMS is such a good chill game and HG making a game in the same vein but being bult with all the lessons HG have learned from NMS, in a fantasy setting... I didn't know I wanted this until I saw the trailer, but I absolutely do want this.

• Like 1

Looks good. 

I just hope there is plenty of different biomes and geographic areas to explore.

Some of the NMS planets are really nice but once you've explored one bit you've seen it all

• Like 2