GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread Part II

nicktestbranch
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

This topic is not about the legitimate September 2022 leaks for the game, but rather to analyse/discuss/mock/etc supposed "leaks" found on the Internet. From most likely fake maps, to images, and so on.

Thanks for understanding. Copyrighted/leaked content rules apply, posting any of the 2022 leaks here is not allowed.

A leak like this won't even be anything new for R*. The entire outline of RDR2's story was leaked, along with some very specific plot beats and some mechanics and systems, sometime in 2016-'17, before its second trailer came out. And you can see some things from that leak were modified or removed from the final game as a natural part of development. Some of the their subsequent interviews mention those features.

RaphealPenguin
1 hour ago, NewCrossGate said:

But just reading through that users posts you certainly get the impression it was someone high up the Rockstar food chain. 

Maybe he's another developer/executive's kid. 

-removed- 

Edited by lngtrw
Posted in a different thread

Personano

:wtfmichael: Dual-wielding and gore? That's interesting. Wonder if what they said about the non-trailer stuff is true or if it's just speculation on their part like others mentioned.

They did seem to know a lot though.

RDR2 already features dual-wielding and has impressive gore. It's not that much unexpected to see them since VI is basically built on top of RDR2.

Agent Edward
8 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

RDR2 already features dual-wielding and has impressive gore. It's not that much unexpected to see them since VI is basically built on top of RDR2.

I wonder if the gore system will also apply to Jason and Lucia themselves when they die during gameplay, because neither Arthur nor John could be dismembered, but I don't think so, as it may cause bugs where Jason and Lucia respawns at the hospital without their limbs or some sh*t lol.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • KEKW 3

Leonida Man
42 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Yep, it's the shooting from the water that got me excited the most in the leaks :kekw:

• KEKW 3

NewCrossGate

Wasnt there a leak before the trailer mentioning something about a pet chameleon ? Just mentioning because of the scene in the trailer with the guy who has a pet chameleon on his shoulder. 

Ser_Salty
2 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Furthermore the leaked clips also have hints of dual wielding in them (though actual dual wielding isn't seen)

RaphealPenguin
29 minutes ago, Ser_Salty said:

Furthermore the leaked clips also have hints of dual wielding in them (though actual dual wielding isn't seen)

Did the leaks also mention something about a chainsaw? Back when I still had them I couldn't find any mention of it.

Ser_Salty
2 minutes ago, RaphealPenguin said:

Did the leaks also mention something about a chainsaw? Back when I still had them I couldn't find any mention of it.

I think so, but not necessarily related to a chainsaw weapon. Think it was just a texture or model name.

• Like 1

paperback_cypher
3 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Unfortunately we didn't get the cool gore from Max Payne 3 in GTA V, so we don't know for a fact the gore from rdr2 would carry over to VI.

• Like 2

Personano
20 hours ago, paperback_cypher said:

Unfortunately we didn't get the cool gore from Max Payne 3 in GTA V, so we don't know for a fact the gore from rdr2 would carry over to VI.

At this point in time we don't even know if guns will carry over from Red Dead Redemption 2! Isn't that crazy :modkek:

Malolaat
21 hours ago, paperback_cypher said:

But GTAV wasn't MP3-based, I guess?

On 3/25/2024 at 6:49 PM, NewCrossGate said:

Wow - crazy how none of this was mentioned on here before the trailer came out, went completely under the radar.

I guess a lot of ‘leaks’ get ignored because so many pop up. Would be funny if it turned out to be Sam Houser just having a laugh. 

Yea. There was a reddit leak for RDR2 in 2016, before the game was announced IIRC, that named Arthur and detailed elements of the game, though some would change by the time the game came out, but it was legit.

It went completely under the radar for years cause there's always fake leaks about R* stuff, only resurfacing sometime after announcement if I remember right.

Now with GTA it's gonna be that 100x in terms of the number of fake leaks, though I would say there's probably not some leak from 2-3 years ago or whatever sitting online waiting to be found like RDR2 had, as the teapot leaks put to bed a lot of the fake leaks circling around then.

NewCrossGate
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yea. There was a reddit leak for RDR2 in 2016, before the game was announced IIRC, that named Arthur and detailed elements of the game, though some would change by the time the game came out, but it was legit.

It went completely under the radar for years cause there's always fake leaks about R* stuff, only resurfacing sometime after announcement if I remember right.

Now with GTA it's gonna be that 100x in terms of the number of fake leaks, though I would say there's probably not some leak from 2-3 years ago or whatever sitting online waiting to be found like RDR2 had, as the teapot leaks put to bed a lot of the fake leaks circling around then.

Yeah I remember that, think it mentioned the part in the prologue where you help birth the horse or whatever it was. This is why with leaks I always pay more attention to the ones that have really specific details - like that RDR2 leak. 

The only VI leak I found interesting was one that included details about one of the characters having a pet chameleon - it just seemed like quite a specific thing to leak and then ofc in the trailer there’s a scene where an NPC had a pet chameleon. 

Dick Justice
31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah it was definitely from before the second trailer. It resurfaced after the second trailer mentioned Arthur by name. The whole post read more like something two buddies would share over a beer, like a "what've you been up to" kind of conversation except one of them was a Rockstar dev. It was a far cry from the usual wishlist-type leaks we're used to seeing. 

In a way, the Teapot leak kind of saved us from story leaks like that RDR2 one. Every single leak mentions Lucia and Jason by name to the point where even if one is actually real, there's no actual way to know for sure that it is so it may as well be fake until the game comes out and confirms it. I guess the closest we've gotten to a repeat of that is the guy on Reddit who knew the trailer song was 'Love is a Long Road,' but if I had to guess that guy works in some music licensing firm and knows nothing else. 

Miss Darko
25 minutes ago, NewCrossGate said:

This is why with leaks I always pay more attention to the ones that have really specific details - like that RDR2 leak.

Really specific details might not mean it's actually more likely to be real, but it does make it more interesting to read. Like, you gotta have a bit of a voice if you're faking leaks. If it's just a list of stuff everyone's already hoping for, it's too easy to dismiss. Think of stuff people wouldn't have considered, maybe not all of them are necessarily positive. Then you'll have some believers, people who become attached to an idea of the game that you cooked up. And that's how you truly break hearts.

The-Ghost
2 hours ago, NewCrossGate said:

This is why with leaks I always pay more attention to the ones that have really specific details - like that RDR2 leak. 

Not necessarily, some go above and beyond to fake their stuff, sometimes a lot of specifics usually point to stuff being made-up.

BakeWithMe1000

I know this account has been posting misinformation, but does this have some legitimacy? (1-40 likely being bug testing)

Agent Edward
1 minute ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

I know this account has been posting misinformation, but does this have some legitimacy? (1-40 likely being bug testing)

Faker than a pair of you know what.

BakeWithMe1000
2 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

Faker than a pair of you know what.

The post seems to be real tho

msedge_bN54rMXVSJ.png?ex=6615fd68&is=660

Agent Edward
Just now, BakeWithMe1000 said:

The post seems to be real tho

msedge_bN54rMXVSJ.png?ex=6615fd68&is=660

All of this can be fake, the developer account, the guy asking for his post to be deleted, the blurry ass photo (classic fake leak).

On 3/26/2024 at 4:53 AM, paperback_cypher said:

If we are to believe the trailer's leaker, then it would definitely be toned down as an artistic choice to match the fast-paced gameplay. Since the kill cams on MP3 & RDR2 don't match VI's gameplay. You don't want to experience the slowed-down cam scene every two seconds or so as you shoot off cops while going over 60 MPH. And there are more examples of artistic and design choices done to V like the change from IV's handling and the toned-down Euphoria rag-dolling.

On the other hand, Rockstar changed up the bullet damage and wounds for RDR2. As well as the critical regions of the body. In V, the head is the critical shot. But in RDR2, you have fatal regions like the head, heart, and throat. Critical regions like the groin, gut, spine, and so on. And normal regions like the torso and chest. You would expect them to retain that and not downgrade back to V. And comes with that, the wounds associated for each. But Rockstar can obviously tone it down as well.

BakeWithMe1000
1 minute ago, Agent Edward said:

All of this can be fake, the developer account, the guy asking for his post to be deleted, the blurry ass photo (classic fake leak).

Someone got a better image from it. The account does seem to be new tho and maybe setup

GJn--03WwAArRqi?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

Agent Edward
11 minutes ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

Someone got a better image from it. The account does seem to be new tho and maybe setup

GJn--03WwAArRqi?format=jpg&name=medium

Real or fake, it doesn't really tell us anything.

BakeWithMe1000
1 minute ago, Agent Edward said:

Real or fake, it doesn't really tell us anything.

Yh only further proves thunderstorms will be a thing and the ultra-realistic NPC behaviours. The account also doesn't have any history, probably a made up account and selected a random employee on LinkedIn to be the target

Agent Edward
3 minutes ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

Yh only further proves thunderstorms will be a thing and the ultra-realistic NPC behaviours. The account also doesn't have any history, probably a made up account and selected a random employee on LinkedIn to be the target

Man, we have thunderstorms since GTA3 and the advanced npc behavior already was a thing in RDR2, we REALLY didn't learn anything new from this.

Dick Justice

Don't QA testers just play the same small section over and over again? They wouldn't be playing the game from start to finish to remove all bugs. This reads like someone who has no idea how things works wrote it. 

• Like 6

Trafficante
1 hour ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

Rule of thumb, if it was internal they wouldn’t have said “J&L”.

It’s such a casual abbreviation of their names that it would be weird to have it used internally like that.

• Like 2