GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread Part II

nicktestbranch
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

This topic is not about the legitimate September 2022 leaks for the game, but rather to analyse/discuss/mock/etc supposed "leaks" found on the Internet. From most likely fake maps, to images, and so on.

Thanks for understanding. Copyrighted/leaked content rules apply, posting any of the 2022 leaks here is not allowed.

nicktestbranch
3 hours ago, MacedonianGTA said:

Trailer 2 description "leak" posted on GTA 6 subreddit. We have no idea if it is real or not, the first one was fake, so I thought I should post it here for discussion.

Oh finally, their fixation with Genesis's "That's All" being part of a GTA VI trailer is dashed again

Spider-Vice
36 minutes ago, Dostoyevskiy said:

(and btw. this random acc on twitter is still stating that the trailer is coming up in April, first month part is mistake as you would've known if you had actually read that post).

I believe you may be the one who, in fact, did not read my post because I edited it very shortly after to add:

56 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Edit: They say on Twitter they meant April but the point stands lmao

Hope you have a nice day.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Self proclaimed Twitter in the knows were saying "trailer this month" every month before VI's trailer finally came out, which was leaked because R* emailed the entire studio saying the trailer is coming.

Nothing here is anything different to what has happened before, there's no reason at all to believe it as of this moment.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Dostoyevskiy
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

I believe you may be the one who, in fact, did not read my post because I edited it very shortly after to add:

Hope you have a nice day.

Well, I couldn't read something that wasn't there, bcs as you stated, you edited your post. I also hope you have a nice day, not in passive-agressive way B).

LTA1992
2 hours ago, -Eddie- said:

Unless development's going extremely well, i.e. VI will be released this year, then nope. No reason for them to launch a second trailer at least 1 year out.

I don't know why people keep saying this like the GTAIV cycle wasn't fast as hell.

April-June (I personally think 6/6) is a good sweet spot.

Secondly, and MOST importantly, Rockstar has already said they want to announce games closer to release. Avoid the mistake of revealing GTAV too early. RDR2s delay was more of a Dan Houser problem.

A trailer coming by early June is completely plausible. 

Edited by LTA1992
  • Like 1

The-Ghost
1 minute ago, LTA1992 said:

I don't know why people keep saying this like the GTAIV cycle wasn't fast as hell.

Secondly, and MOST importantly, Rockstar has already said they want to announce games closer to release. Avoid the mistake of revealing GTAV too early. RDR2s delay was more of a Dan Houser problem.

Not saying things can't change or anything like that but still, GTAIV was a long time ago, GTAVI is bigger and more complex, we also have a more recent game, RDR2, which also got a long cycle.

I don't remember Rockstar ever saying anything about their release schedules, I mean we literally just had them announce a game in 2023 for a 2025 release with no set date.

and how did Dan cause RDR2's delay?

Just to add, I too expect a trailer a lot earlier than "at least a year", especially if the game is set to come out early or mid 2025.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LTA1992 said:

April-June (I personally think 6/6) is a good sweet spot.

R* never, ever said that bolded part. It's an urban legend. Hell, they literally just announced a game with a release window that's somewhere between 14 and 24 months away from the reveal period. That goes diagonally opposite of what you're saying.

If VI was a fall 2024 game, an April-June trailer would make sense. But the moment they said 'Coming 2025', it ended the possibility of any more information in the first half of this year. VI is a Spring 2025 game at the earliest, and I'd expect a trailer in the fall of this year if that sticks, with pre-orders, press previews, developer interviews, etc. 

From the way it's going, VI ain't gonna make Q1 2025. When all is said and done, you're still looking at a game with more than 16-18 months between reveal and release.

Edited by Zapper

The classic "the person who told me was someone I trusted 100% but they were wrong / lied this time" lol.

FamilyGuyFAN44YT

For yall saying gta 6 won't be 60fps let me remind u spider man 2 runs 4k 60 with rt. N I believe it even has a performance option.  If they got it to work with gta 5 then they can with gta 6, also god of war ragnarok runs 4k 60 same with cyberpunk 2077, saints row 2022, etc. So I'm confident there will be multiple performance options to choose from like almost every game has, me? I choose high graphics even if I half to sacrifice 60fps lol sorry not sorry.

The-Ghost
2 hours ago, Jason said:

The classic "the person who told me was someone I trusted 100% but they were wrong / lied this time" lol.

I wonder which one is worse; that or "it was supposed to be but got delayed".

FamilyGuyFAN44YT
On 3/8/2024 at 8:02 AM, PauloJz said:

If GTA 6 is close to 60 fps then there is no reason for a PS5 Pro or a new generation or else Rockstar has managed to achieve the Holy Grail in optimization:wtfmichael:

We don't even know if there will be a ps5 pro right now it's all rumors and speculation unless it comes from someone at Sony then it's not confirmed lol

The-Ghost
14 minutes ago, FamilyGuyFAN44YT said:

For yall saying gta 6 won't be 60fps let me remind u spider man 2 runs 4k 60 with rt. N I believe it even has a performance option.  If they got it to work with gta 5 then they can with gta 6, also god of war ragnarok runs 4k 60 same with cyberpunk 2077, saints row 2022, etc. So I'm confident there will be multiple performance options to choose from like almost every game has, me? I choose high graphics even if I half to sacrifice 60fps lol sorry not sorry.

you're comparing different games, with the exception of Spider Man 2 (which is also not so special), the games you listed also had to run on last gen hardware, of course they'll have 60fps modes on the better machines, and none of them offer native 4k at said modes either, SM2 is more of the same in comparison to the previous game, which also had to run on PS4 hardware.

You also listed GTAV which was originally made to run on 2006 consoles, it would've been shocking if it DIDN'T offer 60fps now in 2019 hardware :lmaokek:

Most people you see here aren't advocating for 30fps modes, nobody is hoping for this game to only offer a 30fps mode, but given the specs of the consoles, it is looking a bit far from possible.

Even the PS5 Pro isn't offering anything magical to make 60fps a no-brainer, at least not right now with what we know about it but we'll see.

1 hour ago, FamilyGuyFAN44YT said:

You listed cross gen games with only one exception, Spider-Man 2, which as Ghost pointed out is a very different type of experience from a traditional open world game, focused more on traversal than density or simulation aspects.

When it comes to current gen only games we are still seeing 60fps modes, but most of them are having to dip below 1080p to do so - Alan Wake 2 for example, with no RT, runs at 847p native for it's 60fps mode. Avatar, which has RTGI in all modes, runs at 864p-1260p with dynamic resolution, upscaled to I believe 4k.

This will not get magically better as time goes on, as developers push games further as the generation goes on. GTA VI will be one of the most demanding on the hardware in the entire generation, and will very likely feature one of the most complex video game worlds ever made, if we're going by previous R* standards.

I'm sure if they crank the resolution low enough they could make a 60fps mode work... but if R* is pushing the hardware hard like many suspect, I don't think they'd be too thrilled with the idea of running the game at 720p or even lower in order to make 60fps work. The game would look like the screen has a layer of vaseline over it lol.

MrBreak16
2 hours ago, FamilyGuyFAN44YT said:

GTAV is a PS3 game and the other games you listed are all cross-gen except Spider-Man 2 and nowhere near the level of detail of a game from Rockstar. Digital Foundry made a detailed analysis of the trailer and showed how GTAVI will push the PS5 and Xbox Series X to their absolute limits and that because of that there is a high chance that the game will not be running at 60fps because it would put too much strain on the game’s performance.

Edited by MrBreak16
  • Like 2

FamilyGuyFAN44YT
4 hours ago, Jason said:

You listed cross gen games with only one exception, Spider-Man 2, which as Ghost pointed out is a very different type of experience from a traditional open world game, focused more on traversal than density or simulation aspects.

When it comes to current gen only games we are still seeing 60fps modes, but most of them are having to dip below 1080p to do so - Alan Wake 2 for example, with no RT, runs at 847p native for it's 60fps mode. Avatar, which has RTGI in all modes, runs at 864p-1260p with dynamic resolution, upscaled to I believe 4k.

This will not get magically better as time goes on, as developers push games further as the generation goes on. GTA VI will be one of the most demanding on the hardware in the entire generation, and will very likely feature one of the most complex video game worlds ever made, if we're going by previous R* standards.

I'm sure if they crank the resolution low enough they could make a 60fps mode work... but if R* is pushing the hardware hard like many suspect, I don't think they'd be too thrilled with the idea of running the game at 720p or even lower in order to make 60fps work. The game would look like the screen has a layer of vaseline over it lol.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

If these hame devs can make 60fps work on ps5 then rockstar can on gta 6 as well. I don't mind 30fps bc I like playing with realistic visuals. But I'm sure a 60fps option will be there u just might half to sacrifice graphics for it.

3 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

GTAV is a PS3 game and the other games you listed are all cross-gen except Spider-Man 2 and nowhere near the level of detail of a game from Rockstar. Digital Foundry made a detailed analysis of the trailer and showed how GTAVI will push the PS5 and Xbox Series X to their absolute limits and that because of that there is a high chance that the game will not be running at 60fps because it would put too much strain on the game’s performance.

What about demon souls that's another one that does 4k 60 n it to has a fidelity and fps mod. So I'm sure rockstar knows how to achieve a 60fps mark they r multi billion dollar company after all

FamilyGuyFAN44YT
5 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

you're comparing different games, with the exception of Spider Man 2 (which is also not so special), the games you listed also had to run on last gen hardware, of course they'll have 60fps modes on the better machines, and none of them offer native 4k at said modes either, SM2 is more of the same in comparison to the previous game, which also had to run on PS4 hardware.

You also listed GTAV which was originally made to run on 2006 consoles, it would've been shocking if it DIDN'T offer 60fps now in 2019 hardware :lmaokek:

Most people you see here aren't advocating for 30fps modes, nobody is hoping for this game to only offer a 30fps mode, but given the specs of the consoles, it is looking a bit far from possible.

Even the PS5 Pro isn't offering anything magical to make 60fps a no-brainer, at least not right now with what we know about it but we'll see.

Spider man 2 is not on ps4 it's ps5 exclusive lol, n the ps5 pro isn't even confirmed yet it's rumors and speculation unless it comes from someone thst works at Sony it's not real lol. Plus demon souls is a ps5 exclusive n it runs 4k 60 along with a fidelity mode. 

I forgot to mention resident evil village also runs 4k 60 or 4k 45 with rt enabled ps5 is powerful rockstar can make it work

MrBreak16

If these hame devs can make 60fps work on ps5 then rockstar can on gta 6 as well. I don't mind 30fps bc I like playing with realistic visuals. But I'm sure a 60fps option will be there u just might half to sacrifice graphics for it.

What about demon souls that's another one that does 4k 60 n it to has a fidelity and fps mod. So I'm sure rockstar knows how to achieve a 60fps mark they r multi billion dollar company after all

Spider man 2 is not on ps4 it's ps5 exclusive lol, n the ps5 pro isn't even confirmed yet it's rumors and speculation unless it comes from someone thst works at Sony it's not real lol. Plus demon souls is a ps5 exclusive n it runs 4k 60 along with a fidelity mode. 

I forgot to mention resident evil village also runs 4k 60 or 4k 45 with rt enabled ps5 is powerful rockstar can make it work

Your comments show to me that you have a clear misunderstanding of how game’s performances and technical capabilities work. You can’t just make a game magically run at 4K 60fps just because “this other game did it.” You have to take into account that every games widely range in terms of how technically complex they are.

A game the size of a Rockstar game which features a very large and detailed open world map and runs on a very advanced game engine that can simulate near photorealistic graphics, complex weather systems, advanced physics and NPC AI, complex game mechanics and a whole other array of very complex and technologically demanding gameplay systems and which on top of that offers a lot of content based on the amount of missions, side missions, interiors, vehicles, customization options, etc…, cannot be fairly compared to linear story driven games that are nowhere nearly as complex or filled with content and then come up with the conclusion that both games should be able to have the exact same performance on the same hardware.

Just because a game was made for PS5 does not mean that it suddenly is capable of being run at 4K 60fps no matter what, because at the end of the day the PS5, while being a powerful piece of hardware has it’s limitations. There is only so much you can do before the hardware eventually is unable to handle how complex a particular game is.

The examples that you have cited such as Spider-Man 2 and Demon’s Souls are not good examples for your argument. First of all, Demon’s Souls at its core while being a remake, retains the skeleton of a PS3 game. The only thing that is really demanding on the hardware about this game are the graphics and the visuals, everything else about it is the same as it was in the original PS3 game. The gameplay is the same, the length of the game is the same, the amount of content is the same, the gameplay mechanics and physics are the same. In all honesty Demon’s Souls could probably run on a PS4 without much issues by simply downscaling the graphics and having slower loading times. So the fact that it can run at 4K 60fps is really not surprising.

When it comes to Spider-Man 2, while that game is brand new and was made from the ground up on PS5, it still remains largely similar to its 2018 counterpart. Sure the visuals are better, the instant load times are amazing, the map is twice as big and Insomniac made many additions and improvements to the gameplay, at its core it’s not too different from how Spider-Man was. It’s a more complex game, but it is not massively complex either. If Insomniac had wanted to, I am sure they could have done a lot more with this game of they really wanted to push the PS5 to its limits.

GTAVI coming off of RDR2 is already shaping up to be the most technically advanced game of the entire generation and is already putting many other open world games from multiple other AAA companies to shame despite not even being out yet. And this is because it is such a complex game that almost no other games can scale up to it. This has been a thing for a while with Rockstar already, just look at GTAIV and GTAV. GTAIV came out towards the beginning of the 7th generation of consoles and it was already so demanding on them that the game ran like sh*t on PS3 and Xbox 360, it could barely run at a stable 30fps and would constantly drop around 20fps, especially on PS3. GTAV meanwhile was so demanding that Rockstar had to cut down and dumb down a lot of content and gameplay mechanics that were present in GTAIV just so that it could run at stable frame-rate on these consoles. It’s often even considered a miracle that GTAV works on these consoles. RDR2 was the same thing, if a bit less obvious, but it does sometimes barely manage to run at a consistent 30fps. GTAVI will be no different, so the likelihood that it will be able to run at 60fps let alone 4K 60fps are pretty slim.

• Like 3

paperback_cypher

Since the trailer is 7-8 months away, do we have any interesting leaks lately? Or has R*'s come back to the office order make things more secure ?

• Bonk! 1

Personano
13 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't think they'd be too thrilled with the idea of running the game at 720p or even lower in order to make 60fps work. The game would look like the screen has a layer of vaseline over it lol.

It’d end up looking like the leaks :kekw:

VolumeRX
On 3/8/2024 at 12:53 AM, viceYcity said:

First post here , nothing special but thought it would be interesting to post here His name is Lin Sihai and he is a senior material artist. He said the main team working on gta6 is still rockstar north and other studios are just helping out. He described GTA6 as the most impressive and advance project he has ever seen in his 10 years of development in 3A games. All of the game's assets have been completed. He also said theyre remain confident that GTA6 can run 60 fps on PS5 not sure about 1440p or 1080p. Here are some replies he made, Im too lazy to translate so I just used Google translator so it may struggle to read, but it's really interesting. full: https://imgur.com/a/QQLqRhk spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Where does he mention the 60FPS talk in here?

Edited by VolumeRX

MacedonianGTA

Another Reddit "leak". The poster has not verified anything so take it with a grain of salt. There are some interesting takes, like the one that NPCs posting on social media will alter traffic.

Ser_Salty
Just now, MacedonianGTA said:

Another Reddit "leak". The poster has not verified anything so take it with a grain of salt. There are some interesting takes, like the one that NPCs posting on social media will alter traffic.

"Game will start with a 10 minute cinematic"

Already know it's fake and I'm only one line in :kekw:

If it reads like a wishlist, it's a wishlist.

The-Ghost

"Additionally some features may be only used story or online."

I couldn't possibly have told you that one before.

• KEKW 2

2 hours ago, MacedonianGTA said:

Basketball might be in the game based on 2022 leaks and LEBRON JAMES????

I don't know about you guys, but I'm just relieved to hear that water will water. That was my #1 concern for the game.

Slosten.gif

MrBreak16

“The Airport will have security so if you take your guns through TSA you’ll need a permit.”

This reads like a guy who has never been to the airport in his life, probably a kid. :kekw:

Ser_Salty
19 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

“The Airport will have security so if you take your guns through TSA you’ll need a permit.”

This reads like a guy who has never been to the airport in his life, probably a kid. :kekw:

7e7.jpg

viceYcity
On 3/21/2024 at 5:07 AM, VolumeRX said:

他在这里哪里提到了60FPS的说法?

In his comments. I put that screenshot on the imgur link, but he deleted those comments the other day