GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread Part II

nicktestbranch
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

This topic is not about the legitimate September 2022 leaks for the game, but rather to analyse/discuss/mock/etc supposed "leaks" found on the Internet. From most likely fake maps, to images, and so on.

Thanks for understanding. Copyrighted/leaked content rules apply, posting any of the 2022 leaks here is not allowed.

Original Light

It's so vague, that it maybe doesn't violate an NDA. There's no new information regardless. 

• Like 1

I mean I don't know the ins and outs of a R* NDA obviously, but I'd think if you could get around it by being vague we'd see more devs talk about it, but we don't, but we do see even stuff like actors/actresses who put an unreleased R* project on their CV, even if it's just under "Rockstar Games", remove it hours after the community finds it.

So I'ma take a guess and say those NDA's don't allow devs to be vague either lol.

• Like 1

viceYcity
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

X to doubt.

He's under NDA and isn't allowed to say sh*t, but he's put his name out there and where he worked? Having R* swag aint proof either, if that's even his picture.

Nothing he gave is actual definitive either, it's just "game is big" or "I don't know", beyond the 60fps thing anyway.

Because he can't, I have extracted the most important information. Most of his original posts are about sharing his daily life.

universetwisters
33 minutes ago, viceYcity said:

spacer.png

On the note of the notebook (lol), someone tried to buffalo me into buying some design notes from Red Dead 2 and they were in notebooks like those aswell, with the rockstar barcode. My friend has a theory that each developer is given that notebook and, if anything gets leaked, they can get their hands back on it, scan it, and be directed to whoever leaked it. I dunno

Also that canvas bag that says SAY SORRY BE NICE, that's def a throwback to Midnight Club 1

EY2un9M.png

sTgL5iS.png

I figured that notebook was just merch, but yea it does sound like it's an employee only thing, unless they hand them out in goodie bags or fankits or something like that?

viceYcity

His name is Si Hai Lin, I got it wrong lol

universetwisters
14 minutes ago, Jason said:

I figured that notebook was just merch, but yea it does sound like it's an employee only thing, unless they hand them out in goodie bags or fankits or something like that?

I feel like if they handed them out in goodie bags or fankits, we would've known about them by now. But then again, we're finding out about rare one off collectibles to this day so who knows? I'm still putting my money on it being an employee only thing just because I've seen the same notebook used in pics design notes for sale

sTgL5iS.png

Sounds kind of legit but I’d still take it in with a grain of salt. Did he specify if he was an ex or current employee at Rockstar?

Regardless he said nothing new really 

ValScrimbly

Why's he using a PS4 in one of the pics tho

Ser_Salty
10 minutes ago, ValerianMoog said:

Why's he using a PS4 in one of the pics tho

What's to say he's not using the Wii U on the shelf?

• KEKW 1

viceYcity
6 hours ago, Niccky said:

Sounds kind of legit but I’d still take it in with a grain of salt. Did he specify if he was an ex or current employee at Rockstar?

Regardless he said nothing new really

Dude's name is Si Hai Lin here is his linkedin profile:https://cn.linkedin.com/in/hailin-si-757703103

He's not a leaker so ofc can't go into any specific details, but I thought it was interesting because iirc most of the rockstar devs couldn't even mention gta6:sadkek: He used to worked at Sony and Ubisoft, and he said that this game will be far better than The Last of Us 2.

He also mentioned that the working environment of r* is not as high-pressure as people imagine. Most of the devs usually get off work at 4 o'clock. As for the recent RTO policy, he said that it does not affect him personally, because as an Asian, he always works 5 days full

• Like 2

Johnny Blackbird

He's probably legit. 

Another addition to "gta vi leaks compendium" in 2030

Len Lfc

Given how vague what they say is, if even anything at all, yeah it's possibly legit. But since they're saying almost nothing, does this really even matter?

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

HarryTVisitor
9 hours ago, Ser_Salty said:

What's to say he's not using the Wii U on the shelf?

that just means we can expect a port of GTA 6 on that thing, that's all

1 hour ago, Johnny Blackbird said:

He's probably legit. 

Another addition to "gta vi leaks compendium" in 2030

Man, I can't wait for the GTA VI Leak Scrapbook

Edited by HarryTVisitor

paperback_cypher
10 hours ago, universetwisters said:

I feel like if they handed them out in goodie bags or fankits, we would've known about them by now. But then again, we're finding out about rare one off collectibles to this day so who knows? I'm still putting my money on it being an employee only thing just because I've seen the same notebook used in pics design notes for sale

After Sep 18, you'll never question another leak again will ya

• KEKW 1

SharksFlyUp

Hearing reports that the game is big, impressive, and mostly complete, guys. More insider revelations to come.

• KEKW 5

Spider-Vice

As much as people in gaming communities can think otherwise, 95% of devs aren't as stupid as to go on public social media to talk about projects. Showing employee merch, sure, some do it on social media, they can do so; now actually going off to talk about project details... lol.

Especially when it's a senior dev. One thing is someone recording something off a dev's TV, another is the dev himself just going ham with info. Not to mention it's all generic cookie-cutter "info", it could very well be planted using someone else's employee merch pics from e.g. eBay.

Verdict: X to doubt, and Cole Phelps may as well move on to a new case.

12 hours ago, universetwisters said:

My friend has a theory that each developer is given that notebook and, if anything gets leaked, they can get their hands back on it, scan it, and be directed to whoever leaked it. I dunno

The bar code isn't actually real and there's no attached numbers, it just says ROCKSTAR GAMES. All employees get one of those, yes, but it's just the usual onboarding merch you get when you join certain places.

• Like 2

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Agent Edward

Real or fake, it's such a big leak, eh? I'm sure we learned a lot from it. 😴

• KEKW 2

60 FPS mean PS5 version has polished, or game not demanding to the hardware at all.

be RDR2 PC system requirements?

I'm still heavily skeptical of 60fps, just based on the hardware, what other games are doing, and GTA being CPU intensive.

If R* pull it off, and again I don't think they will as of today, it'll be some achievement.

PauloJz
59 minutes ago, Antaxi said:

60 FPS mean PS5 version has polished, or game not demanding to the hardware at all.

be RDR2 PC system requirements?

If GTA 6 is close to 60 fps then there is no reason for a PS5 Pro or a new generation or else Rockstar has managed to achieve the Holy Grail in optimization:wtfmichael:

8 minutes ago, PauloJz said:

If GTA 6 is close to 60 fps then there is no reason for a PS5 Pro or a new generation or else Rockstar has managed to achieve the Holy Grail in optimization:wtfmichael:

Yes, might be fake from chinese guy for viewing purposes only

Spider-Vice
1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm still heavily skeptical of 60fps, just based on the hardware, what other games are doing, and GTA being CPU intensive.

If R* pull it off, and again I don't think they will as of today, it'll be some achievement.

I'm not 100% sceptical of 60 FPS, but I do think it would be a mode without ray tracing, and definitely 1080p.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

image.png

Yea without RT it's more realistic. Then the question is, if the RTGI speculation is true, do they have a non-RTGI approach to their GI/lighting?

Cause we're starting to see a few games that have RTGI as their lighting solution, with no fallback option, and I wouldn't be surprised if VI is another given how much extra work it'd be to do two lighting models for a game of GTA VI's scale and scope.

Spider-Vice

R*'s rasterised lighting solution is pretty solid, games like RDR2 easily show that. I think they can have a very presentable raster solution whilst still focusing on RTGI for the fidelity modes. RAGE's lighting systems seem very competent overall.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if they did focus on maintaining both modes.

• Best Bru 1

image.png

I don't think R* are a studio to just slap up a rasterised approach and call it a day is the thing, I think they'd rather do one method great than two methods good.

Could be wrong of course.

Agent Edward
16 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I'm not 100% sceptical of 60 FPS, but I do think it would be a mode without ray tracing, and definitely 1080p.

This, 1080P without Ray Tracing is the way to get 60FPS in GTA6 in the PS5 *if it's possible*, but it would still be one hell of an achievement from the developers part.

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think R* are a studio to just slap up a rasterised approach and call it a day is the thing, I think they'd rather do one method great than two methods good.

Could be wrong of course.

I fully agree that it's possible GTA VI could have one singular fidelity mode with ray tracing, but if they were to have more than one performance mode I do think they'd go that route.

Unless they somehow find a way to have RTGI just at a lower resolution with something like FSR.

I doubt the game on PC is gonna *require* ray tracing just yet so it's not at all out of the realm of possibility they'd have a raster lighting mode too.

• Like 1

image.png

Agent Edward
8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I fully agree that it's possible GTA VI could have one singular fidelity mode with ray tracing, but if they were to have more than one performance mode I do think they'd go that route.

Unless they somehow find a way to have RTGI just at a lower resolution with something like FSR.

I doubt the game on PC is gonna *require* ray tracing just yet so it's not at all out of the realm of possibility they'd have a raster lighting mode too.

Ray Tracing reflections and shadows are completely optional in GTA5 (PS5/XSX), so it wouldn't be the first time that Rockstar would use alternate rendering methods for such things in performance modes, maybe for lighting, yeah, but there's always a first time for everything.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I mean do we have any comparable developer having released a game on current gen hardware which would have not been possible on PS4/Xbox One hardware yet? The simple answer is no. Really noone pushed the PS5/XSX to its limits (not by any means!) and thus I can totally see them (R*) achieving 60fps with GTA VI. It's Rockstar after all and they showed how good they are at optimizing their games with RDR2 on PS4/Xbox One which on the paper shouldn't have been possible on those systems. I can see GTA VI run at 60fps on PS5/XSX but not on Series S (it'll be capped to 30fps there).