GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread Part II

nicktestbranch
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

This topic is not about the legitimate September 2022 leaks for the game, but rather to analyse/discuss/mock/etc supposed "leaks" found on the Internet. From most likely fake maps, to images, and so on.

Thanks for understanding. Copyrighted/leaked content rules apply, posting any of the 2022 leaks here is not allowed.

Jason
9 minutes ago, KonradGM said:

R* loves to kill their characters

In RDR, yes. It's a franchise staple and a key part of the general theme of the game.

It's only happened once in GTA as far as I remember (I'm not 100% on the PSP games), excluding Lance and Johnny in a roundabout way I guess. It's only happened in V and it was optional and if the DLC ever happened, it probably wouldn't have been the canonical ending - and I guess GTAO DLC proves that tbh, but GTAO canon is a bit messy from what I understand lol.

It's not a traditional GTA thing and while I wouldn't say it's definitely not gonna be possible in VI cause it obviously could be, but it is certainly not a given that they'll do it again in VI.

BabaFamilias
17 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

Niko is a war veteran, reason why he looks older than he actually is.

Nope. He looks older because he is based off Wladimir Maschkow in Behind Enemy Lines, who was around 38 at that time. Rockstar tends to have a problem of getting their character models to accurately represent their respective age. Franklin looks like around 30, but is supposed to be 25. So J & L can be anywhere between 20-30, we can't tell just based on their looks because Rockstar's models are inaccurate. 

@Lucia having a child:

Seems like an educated guess to me. Giving the protagonist a child or having a child in the past to make them appear more "mature" or "fleshed out" seems like a Rockstar thing to me: RDR2, GTA V, RDR1, Max Payne, etc

Agent Edward
Just now, BabaFamilias said:

Nope. He looks older because he is based off Wladimir Maschkow in Behind Enemy Lines, who was around 38 at that time. Rockstar tends to have a problem of getting their character models to accurately represent their respective age. Franklin looks like around 30, but is supposed to be 25. So J & L can be anywhere between 20-30, we can't tell just based on their looks because Rockstar's models are inaccurate. 

@Lucia having a child:

Seems like an educated guess to me. Giving the protagonist a child or having a child in the past to make them appear more "mature" or "fleshed out" seems like a Rockstar thing to me: RDR2, GTA V, RDR1, Max Payne, etc

Being a war veteran with a lot of traumatic experiences can give someone a beat/aged look.

• Like 3

KonradGM
Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 12:27 AM, Leonida Man said:

Hmmm, I remember Roger Clark saying in an interview the cut love interest for Arthur was Abigail. 
And you can see a lot of clues of that in the game and while I understand why they cut it, it was a very interesting choice.

Same as having Abigail be the pinkerton's mole, that I'm sure(with no proof :kekw:) was the initial idea and Rockstar backpedaled at the last minute.

Curious about the last part? I'm pretty sure the whole Marston is working for the goverment was mis-direction. And tbf R* love making antagonists as unlike-able as they can. So Micah being spy seems right by them (unless your KEKW is just a wink to us since you *know* more than you're letting on :kekw:)

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

In RDR, yes. It's a franchise staple and a key part of the general theme of the game.

It's only happened once in GTA as far as I remember (I'm not 100% on the PSP games), excluding Lance and Johnny in a roundabout way I guess. It's only happened in V and it was optional and if the DLC ever happened, it probably wouldn't have been the canonical ending - and I guess GTAO DLC proves that tbh, but GTAO canon is a bit messy from what I understand lol.

It's not a traditional GTA thing and while I wouldn't say it's definitely not gonna be possible in VI cause it obviously could be, but it is certainly not a given that they'll do it again in VI.

Ever since Rdr 1 in almost all of their games with exception of Max payne 3 they killed their main character or had an option to kill them. You can kinda count L.A Noire too even though it's not their game.

Let's not forget since Gta V the last game they released was RDR2 and nothing more, soo who knows what their idea of what counts as Gta is now. IF anything the "killing protagonists" in V points to them sticking with that idea.

3d era was love letter to the movies of these eras with somewhat of a story. Gta IV was crime drama if anything, while Gta V was a satire first and foremost before any story, from who the protagonists were (they reflect gta players and protagonists) to 70% of missions doing sh*t all to general narrative but being there for social commentary (Agency missions) or for just controversy sake like torture mission (agency... again).

If anyhting i'm more inlcined in R* doing something strange, since let's remember it is also a company who remade Rdr1 west elizabeth map for rdr2 for f*ck knows what reason (not that they didn't use it in RDRO but like.... a lot of work for minimal return) , which for any normal studio would be a weird cost sink

Edited by KonradGM

BakeWithMe1000

Didnt the child leak also said its only for cut scenes? I can see it totally happening in an intro cutscene or something that gives more emotional value to lucias story 

NewCrossGate
18 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

If them having a child was true, then yes we would’ve seen something in the first trailer to confirm it. 

Well not really - for all we know this child could be a baby, Lucia may become pregnant over the course of the story and give birth half way through the game. This is honestly the only angle of them having a ‘child’ that I see working. 

Even if they have a small child that’s in care or whatever, to me that’s more of a storyline twist that would be revealed at some stage in the game so why would Rockstar spoil that in the reveal trailer? Michael was established as a family man in his 50’s - his family weren’t intended to be a surprise. 

KonradGM
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, NewCrossGate said:

Well not really - for all we know this child could be a baby, Lucia may become pregnant over the course of the story and give birth half way through the game. This is honestly the only angle of them having a ‘child’ that I see working. 

Even if they have a small child that’s in care or whatever, to me that’s more of a storyline twist that would be revealed at some stage in the game so why would Rockstar spoil that in the reveal trailer? Michael was established as a family man in his 50’s - his family weren’t intended to be a surprise. 

Let's remember r* makes trailers to make us feel something for the trailer not for the game. How many lines of Arthurs turned out to be some sassy joke he made to another npc that didn't have THAT type of impact on the story, compared to what trailer was showing? Or any therapy session from Gta V in how it was used ( joke about therapies, and how they steal money while giving f*ck all) compared to showing how big part of the story it will be for Michael.

Also michael is showed as living with his family, while 3/4th of gta v story his family is not there soo yea, don't judge gta VI by it's trailers cause R* loves doing this sh*t :kekw:
For all we know the dramatic and nicely edited Lucia line about "sticking together, and being a team" can be on a mission where Jason is hilariously afraid of sharks and she tries to calm him down.

Edited by KonradGM
  • KEKW 4

Distrom
45 minutes ago, KonradGM said:

TBF with the leaks, i assume most people working on it (5k+ people working on it) a lot of people WILL have some generic idea about the story, but only higher ups (the ones who won't leak for sh*t) will know the ins and outs.

The 4chan leak seems at least plausible, i don't know where i've read it, but i think one of the bigger leaks mentinoed how they are scaling up interiors in the map, due to total map size reduction after reboot from original Project Americas idea (which at 1 point was legit the direction the game was going in).

R* loves to kill their characters, but despide people praising them for their story, let's not forget the laughable 3 endings in gta V, or that the honor system in RDR2 was more flavoroued "choose between being good and bad" with almost all choices being pretty obivous.

Then again Bonnie & Clyde end in them both dying in shootout so it's easy to make that up for any leak...

Did we all forget they cut Arthur having his child die in the prologue along with the girl he had it with? There are literally leftover audio in the game. Not to mention cut Blackwater content with audio of Arthur being in west Elixabeth.

Biggest reason people didn't like wokring under Houser was because he would gladly cut and change large chunks of the story.

Oh also let's not forget the Shermuna job debacle, which changed a lot of story.

I'm not saying they didn't make any big changes in the story at some point, they've done it before and they most certainly did with VI.

I just doubt that any big changes in the story are being considered at this point in development, like whether Lucia has a child or

not.

55 minutes ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

Didnt the child leak also said its only for cut scenes? I can see it totally happening in an intro cutscene or something that gives more emotional value to lucias story 

Yes. And if it's true, Rockstar wouldn't feature the child outside of cutscenes or safe zones where you can't draw out weapons or harm anyone.

El Cavilldo

A baby on a GTA game would be a first, and I think it will be treated as sparse and 'subjective' as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if we can't see the baby's face at all along the game, maybe with a single close up right to the very end as a cathartic, closure moment.

R* will have enough trouble dealing with the inevitable 'alternative' content of Lucía once GTAVI is out and her model can be extracted from the game. Now imagine the PR nightmare if there's a baby's 3D model somewhere in the files.

DRC.5
1 hour ago, El Cavilldo said:

A baby on a GTA game would be a first, and I think it will be treated as sparse and 'subjective' as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if we can't see the baby's face at all along the game, maybe with a single close up right to the very end as a cathartic, closure moment.

R* will have enough trouble dealing with the inevitable 'alternative' content of Lucía once GTAVI is out and her model can be extracted from the game. Now imagine the PR nightmare if there's a baby's 3D model somewhere in the files.

Not the first time a baby been in GTA remember Vice City Stories 

PolandMountain
10 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

Niko is a war veteran, reason why he looks older than he actually is.

No, he is just Slavic, he was probably smoking unhealthy amounts of ciggies and drinking alcohol non stop since he was 15

8 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Yes. And if it's true, Rockstar wouldn't feature the child outside of cutscenes or safe zones where you can't draw out weapons or harm anyone.

Gamers would either way figure out a way to plant a bomb on their child, don’t you worry

Agent Edward
26 minutes ago, PolandMountain said:

No, he is just Slavic, he was probably smoking unhealthy amounts of ciggies and drinking alcohol non stop since he was 15

Don't forget squatting 24/7.

MrBreak16
31 minutes ago, PolandMountain said:

Gamers would either way figure out a way to plant a bomb on their child, don’t you worry

That reminds me of all these people who would mod RDR2 on PC to be able to kill the kids in Saint Denis. :kekw:

PauloJz

Rockstar puts children, players corrupt them...

REVENGE777

Remember that zombie game where the guy had a daughter? No, not that one, the other game. No not that one either, the other other one.

jokes aside, a child in the story can work. There were kids in vice city stories and manhunt 2, and obviously read dead 1 and 2.

• Like 1

El Cavilldo
On 5/9/2024 at 5:34 PM, REVENGE777 said:

Remember that zombie game where the guy had a daughter? No, not that one, the other game. No not that one either, the other other one.

jokes aside, a child in the story can work. There were kids in vice city stories and manhunt 2, and obviously read dead 1 and 2.

Let's do it the Vice City way and fight against a drug lord kid like in Robocop 2. 

asi-luce-gabriel-damon-interpreto-a-hob-

• KEKW 2

helloworld

Maybe we get pregnant and we can choose to keep it or get an abortion. If you choose abortion you get a 5 star wanted level because it’s Florida :sadkek:

BabaFamilias
On 5/9/2024 at 8:52 PM, El Cavilldo said:

Bethesda and Rockstar never recovered from this PR nightmare:

Yep ^

Unless it's something the devs left over in the code, like Hot Coffee, there's really no way that a developer is going to get stick because someone modded in something distasteful. 

• Like 2

cant remember
On 5/11/2024 at 8:35 AM, helloworld said:

Maybe we get pregnant and we can choose to keep it or get an abortion. If you choose abortion you get a 5 star wanted level because it’s Florida :sadkek:

Otherwise you unlock a third playable character and when you select him it turns into the tutorial level of Fallout 3.

Kilowog01

I revisited the leaked videos in order to be able to predict more accurately what the PC's hardware requirements will be and I noticed that there are at least 3 configuration profiles: safe, auto and fixed.
What do you think this is about? Safe = minimum, auto = medium and fixed = ultra?

Spider-Vice
49 minutes ago, Kilowog01 said:

I revisited the leaked videos in order to be able to predict more accurately what the PC's hardware requirements will be and I noticed that there are at least 3 configuration profiles: safe, auto and fixed.
What do you think this is about? Safe = minimum, auto = medium and fixed = ultra?

This means nothing at this point in development because PC specs and optimisation is only done and determined very late in development when literally everything is done on the game. These are just generic presets, safe mode being everything on minimum, auto is, well, automatic (usually based on GPU but the logic probably makes no sense atm and is likely reusing RDR2's) and fixed is specifically set settings.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

GRANDHEIST
On 5/11/2024 at 10:12 AM, BabaFamilias said:

good to see IGN making some quality content

• KEKW 2

IzzyBlues
On 5/11/2024 at 5:12 PM, BabaFamilias said:

Bethesda and Rockstar never recovered from this PR nightmare:

Remember this video? :kekw:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

One of Wisemen

I ain't afraid of the child, I afraid we'll get time where Lucia gets pregnant and it impacts the gameplay. Idk, it takes me back to that character in TLOU2.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
MacedonianGTA

Someone has posted alleged GTA 6 foliage testing or something on X.

Two other videos were posted on the GTA 6 Discord as well, testing the skybox or something in the same view that the one posted on X is.

Personano
9 minutes ago, MacedonianGTA said:

Someone has posted alleged GTA 6 foliage testing or something on X.

Two other videos were posted on the GTA 6 Discord as well, testing the skybox or something in the same view that the one posted on X is.

That second clip with the landfills(?) looks real as hell but I don't know. The lighting is extremely impressive and the dev UI and ambient noises seem to match.

AverageOnlinePlayer
29 minutes ago, Personano said:

That second clip with the landfills(?) looks real as hell but I don't know. The lighting is extremely impressive and the dev UI and ambient noises seem to match.

Wheres the second clip

Personano
Posted (edited)
Just now, AverageOnlinePlayer said:

Wheres the second clip

Oh, my bad. That's the clip I meant :modkek:

It looks very believable.

Edited by Personano