GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread Part II

nicktestbranch
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

This topic is not about the legitimate September 2022 leaks for the game, but rather to analyse/discuss/mock/etc supposed "leaks" found on the Internet. From most likely fake maps, to images, and so on.

Thanks for understanding. Copyrighted/leaked content rules apply, posting any of the 2022 leaks here is not allowed.

Il y a 7 heures, PolandMountain a dit :

La plupart des gens ont une vie vraiment insignifiante. Au moins, lorsqu'ils font une fausse fuite, certaines personnes perdent leur temps à la démystifier.

Surtout quand la plupart des fuites disent que Lucia a un enfant, je ne sais même pas d'où ils tiennent tous ça, d'autant plus qu'ils ne mettent aucune source fiable dans le post.

Edited by Barkal

Agent Edward
6 hours ago, RaioMakuin said:

So you think just because I pointed out that the colors match the logo is nothing special and I'm being cringe and shouldn't have mentioned It? 

That's actually weird, like you don't like me or something? Same with you @MrBreak16

I just thought that it was pretty obvious why the logo looks like this.

CyroTheAlien

I imagine this is how Sernando looks rnspacer.png

Beep Boop
On 3/25/2024 at 6:31 PM, Spider-Vice said:

Certainly interesting because no dev got to see the trailer before any of us, and even in the past for previous R* trailers AFAIK they watch it at maximum like a day or so earlier. So if this didn't come from Youtube, it has to have come from someone pretty high up at R*, as despite everything this seems to have been kept (or tried to be kept) quite under wraps.

Interesting note - when he initially posted the description on the leaks sub we removed it and perma banned the guy because of the stupendous influx of "trust me bro" GTA posts especially since the official announcement. But he subsequently modmailed us when his post turned out to be right and matched 1-to-1 with the trailer. Bro was saying "I was right, you need to apologize right now" kekw.pngThe next day he asked to be unbanned so he could post a new leak about Gears of War, which he did and iirc it turned out to be right... and a couple days before the actual The Game Awards ceremony, he asked permission to "leak the entire Game Awards trailer lineup and a couple unrelated Fortnite updates" on the sub. I was like hell yeah go ahead but he didn't for some reason

Edited by Beep Boop
  • KEKW 4

Agent Edward
10 minutes ago, Beep Boop said:

Interesting note - when he initially posted the description on the leaks sub we removed it and perma banned the guy because of the stupendous influx of "trust me bro" GTA posts especially since the official announcement. But he subsequently modmailed us when his post turned out to be right and matched 1-to-1 with the trailer. Bro was saying "I was right, you need to apologize right now" kekw.pngThe next day he asked to be unbanned so he could post a new leak about Gears of War, which he did and iirc it turned out to be right... and a couple days before the actual The Game Awards ceremony, he asked permission to "leak the entire Game Awards trailer lineup and a couple unrelated Fortnite updates" on the sub. I was like hell yeah go ahead but he didn't for some reason

Mofo is omnipresent, he's everywhere and knows everything. :kekw:

BMXMario

Not sure if I can talk about it as it's just happened, but the Chinese member with the (now deleted) thread on this forum about his Rockstar physics programmer friend posted a highly detailed "Holiday Party" artwork including a modified 25th anniversary R* logo that me and others have tried to Google Image search across the web to no results.

It had references to various R* titles, even including obscure ones such as Table Tennis, and looked too intricate for current AI technology to be able to generate.

The connection to VI here is that it featured a possibly new Banshee model on the bottom right, resembling the 2013-2017 Dodge Viper rather than the 2003-2010 one the Banshee used in IV and V is based on.

May just be an April Fool's joke by a highly talented artist, but something to document nonetheless.

That R* logo image could be interesting but the post that went with it was 100% bait, which I imagine is why it was hidden by another mod.

I'd be interested to know where the image came from though, that's quite well done if it was fan made - do agree the details are too specific for it to be AI generated.

Agent Edward

Could someone send this image for me?

PolandMountain
3 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

Could someone send this image for me?

Bumping this request

• Like 1

ChimpWithAHandgun

so tacky

• Like 2
  • Bonk! 1

Agent Edward

I wonder why Rockstar still used GTA5's Banshee in Trailer 1 though, maybe it's a recent change?

NewCrossGate
2 hours ago, TheZireael said:

Found it

Hide contents

R* North physics programmer leaks - GTA VI - GTAForums

Wow, looks legit. 

Miss Darko
37 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

I wonder why Rockstar still used GTA5's Banshee in Trailer 1 though, maybe it's a recent change?

Assuming this is actually a legit thing, could be that it's simply an additional version of the Banshee that coexists with the previous rather than being a replacement. Especially considering it's not a tweak on that older model but based on a newer model, it would make sense for both to be available.

Agent Edward
53 minutes ago, Miss Darko said:

Assuming this is actually a legit thing, could be that it's simply an additional version of the Banshee that coexists with the previous rather than being a replacement. Especially considering it's not a tweak on that older model but based on a newer model, it would make sense for both to be available.

I know, but we'd assume that Rockstar would like to show it in Trailer 1 if the vehicle already existed back then... well... maybe in Trailer 2.

BMXMario
2 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

I know, but we'd assume that Rockstar would like to show it in Trailer 1 if the vehicle already existed back then... well... maybe in Trailer 2.

None of the Chop Shop DLC vehicles were seen in Trailer 1 despite the update being released a week later, so it's fair to assume there may be a catalogue of freshly modeled vehicles that haven't been integrated into the game yet for various reasons.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Regarding the artwork, people have pointed out certain elements from Rockstar's other IPs, such as the mascot from Bully and various references to the Red Dead series. Along with the small Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis reference I mentioned before, there's even a nod to the much-forgotten Beaterator.

I'm starting to believe that this artwork is real, but the story attached to it in the now-deleted forum post should just be regarded as insignificant blackpill nothingness. I get why the original post was hidden by the mods, because in the event that it spread, it may have had a more devastating impact on the community than the recent Kotaku article about the game possibly being delayed to 2026.

Furthermore, this artwork was uploaded to a Chinese file-sharing site on what would be the morning of April 2nd in CST (Chinese Standard Time), which as a result places it outside of the April Fool's window. I feel if it was an artist trying to play an April Fool's joke on everyone, one would assume it'd be DMed to every thirsty "GTA VI LEAKS!!!" page by now, much like the fake Trailer 2 audio leak with AI dialogue that many people on Twitter fell for.

• Like 3

Oldboy_

Supposedly the leak also said the game is running at 15FPS so now way it comes out next year 

that’s what I gathered from a Reddit comment, is that true? 

fartingrats

What was the original post of this R* Logo leak?

Spider-Vice

I was gonna merge the original post with this thread while removing identifying information (devs already get enough grief on social media and we don't need to plaster their names and photos here, and no I don't care that it's on LinkedIn) but whatever as people already have reposted the logo.

OP did seem very baity, as if they were throwing their supposed dev "friend" under the bus, not to mention the written info didn't make much sense at all whatsoever. I believe what happened is that the person found the art on a dev's LinkedIn and made up a story lol.

Regardless, the logo is most likely legit, but I have to be honest, I have no clue why the logo of a Rockstar holiday party is relevant to GTA VI in any way. They make custom logos and little gift cards for employees every year for holiday parties, probably since the inception of the company - 2022 was a Chop card I believe. Usually those don't contain anything unreleased, because well, every single employee, even those not privy to projects, get them.

It's cool art, but there'll be nothing GTA VI related to see there, as everything looks like "artist's interpretation" of Rockstar stuff.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

jounashrty233

I had a post about gtavi gossip guy or whatever that didn’t got approved, I just wanna say that he took screenshot from this friends employee post from gta forums talking about the state of the game , is it real or some bait? Because this absolutely doesn’t look promising 

Spider-Vice
4 minutes ago, jounashrty233 said:

I had a post about gtavi gossip guy or whatever that didn’t got approved, I just wanna say that he took screenshot from this friends employee post from gta forums talking about the state of the game , is it real or some bait? Because this absolutely doesn’t look promising 

The info makes no sense (especially considering the leaked footage and how projects progress in two years) and is most likely fake, it even mentioned "the PC version" :kekw: . It reeks of the usual reddit "im employee I totally know all this info lolol" fake leak. The image however was probably taken from some innocent dev's LinkedIn page lol.

There is a never-ending amount of grifting for fake leaks among potentially legitimate stuff - a lot of times detailed descriptions of things in development in these posts are not real. Very different from journalist-level scoops like Jason Schreier's or Aftermath's.

image.png

jounashrty233
1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

The info makes no sense and is most likely fake. It reeks of the usual reddit "im employee I totally know all this info lolol" fake leak. The image however was probably taken from some innocent dev's LinkedIn page lol.

I know this twitter acc is always lying but isn’t this guy dutch05 who leaked the artwork I suppose ? I mean sure he may be lying but definitely his words have some legitimacy to it and again what he is saying is quite tragic

• Bruh 1

Spider-Vice
6 minutes ago, jounashrty233 said:

I mean sure he may be lying but definitely his words have some legitimacy to it and again what he is saying is quite tragic

Why are you so quick to accept that one specific post with generic details that look like any other previous fake leak about "the game's development" as true anyway? lmao

"gameplay just like GTA V" that's 100% not gonna be the case (every R* game iterates on the previous) and we have leaked footage that shows us what they were working on.

"game running at 15 FPS" yeah we're like 1-1.5 years away from release and devs use extremely heavy dev builds not meant for production that do run badly, and optimisation is like the very last thing to be done in a game. We also have the leaked footage showing the game running better than  that in some circumstances, and this changes often in development.

The post mentions "the PC version", it's not even relevant, or announced to be coming out at the same time as consoles for them to be saying the game's gonna be delayed because of whatever made-up issues.

Literally nothing in that post is revealing or necessarily sounds legit, it's another "trust me bro" post.

• Like 2

image.png

Rockstarter
17 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Regardless, the logo is most likely legit, but I have to be honest, I have no clue why the logo of a Rockstar holiday party is relevant to GTA VI in any way. They make custom logos and little gift cards for employees every year for holiday parties, probably since the inception of the company - 2022 was a Chop card I believe. Usually those don't contain anything unreleased, because well, every single employee, even those not privy to projects, get them.

It's cool art, but there'll be nothing GTA VI related to see there, as everything looks like "artist's interpretation" of Rockstar stuff.

People are saying the car bottom right doesn't match anything from GTA V and is possibly GTA VI related.

Spider-Vice
7 minutes ago, Rockstarter said:

People are saying the car bottom right doesn't match anything from GTA V and is possibly GTA VI related.

The entire thing is an artist's interpretation, in their own style, of Rockstar property. There's all kinds of things drawn in different styles (e.g. the GTAV Bikini Girl), this would apply to cars too. I guarantee you they wouldn't put special unreleased content in a holiday card distributed to 100% of the company. That is, after all, how the trailer's announcement leaked as well :kekw: 

• Like 1

image.png

jounashrty233
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Why are you so quick to accept that one specific post with generic details that look like any other previous fake leak about "the game's development" as true anyway? lmao

Because he leaked a legit artwork ?

unless the twitter account is lying and dutch05 didn’t leak the artwork or the artwork itself is fanmade and personally if you asked me it’s quite impossible to be fake 

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, jounashrty233 said:

Because he leaked a legit artwork ?

unless the twitter account is lying and dutch05 didn’t leak the artwork or the artwork itself is fanmade and personally if you asked me it’s quite impossible to be fake 

Orrrr the artwork was taken from the person's LinkedIn (meaning probably legit) but the forums poster made up a story about it? Why would anyone sane throw their supposed friend under the bus like this if it were legitimate?

There are a thousand situations where people made up stuff like this, even if they had legitimate finds in them. We've had people find images from dev portfolios but claim to know them, only to be found that the images were public somewhere. Please don't put so much trust in random leaks like this. But you do you, if you wanna believe that it's "joever", and the game's gonna "fail" and "be tragic" out of one post.

image.png

I WAS WRONG

No more talk over a logo!

I mean it!:harrumph:

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 2