GTA VI ""Leaks"" Analysis Thread Part II

nicktestbranch
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

This topic is not about the legitimate September 2022 leaks for the game, but rather to analyse/discuss/mock/etc supposed "leaks" found on the Internet. From most likely fake maps, to images, and so on.

Thanks for understanding. Copyrighted/leaked content rules apply, posting any of the 2022 leaks here is not allowed.

MrBreak16
1 hour ago, Dick Justice said:

Don't QA testers just play the same small section over and over again? They wouldn't be playing the game from start to finish to remove all bugs. This reads like someone who has no idea how things works wrote it. 

Exactly, what QA testers usually do is that they play a specific section of a game over and over again trying to find every way they could break the game by playing in a way that is not intended. They are basically purposefully trying to break the game to see if something will happen, and then if something does go wrong and it does it in a consistent way, then they will report the issue to the devs. The developers then receive a list of all of the issues encountered and pick which ones to fix in order or importance. So if it is a mostly serious bug/glitch that can be replicated consistently, they will prioritize fixing that one first while a minor bug/glitch that is too improbable to happen will either get fixed later or might never get fixed altogether.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Ouais. Il y a eu une fuite Reddit pour RDR2 en 2016, avant l'annonce du jeu IIRC, qui nommait Arthur et des éléments détaillés du jeu, bien que certains changeaient au moment de la sortie du jeu, mais c'était légitime.

Cela est passé complètement inaperçu pendant des années car il y a toujours de fausses fuites sur les trucs R*, qui ne refont surface que quelque temps après l'annonce si je me souviens bien.

Maintenant, avec GTA, le nombre de fausses fuites sera multiplié par 100, même si je dirais qu'il n'y a probablement pas de fuite d'il y a 2-3 ans ou quoi que ce soit en ligne attendant d'être trouvé comme RDR2 l'avait fait, comme le suggèrent les fuites de la théière. lit beaucoup de fausses fuites qui circulent alors.

I've never understood why people publish fake leaks, There were some fake leaks about the story a few months ago. 

Edited by Barkal

NewCrossGate
6 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

Not necessarily, some go above and beyond to fake their stuff, sometimes a lot of specifics usually point to stuff being made-up.

I mean that’s what people would have thought when they read about a mini game where you birth a horse in RDR2, I’m just saying I keep an open mind to very specific details in leaks. 

• Bruh 3

Short Dawg
7 minutes ago, NewCrossGate said:

I mean that’s what people would have thought when they read about a mini game where you birth a horse in RDR2, I’m just saying I keep an open mind to very specific details in leaks. 

Literally no one paid attention to that reddit story leak until after launch lol

NewCrossGate
6 minutes ago, Short Dawg said:

Literally no one paid attention to that reddit story leak until after launch lol

That’s exactly my point

MrBreak16
3 hours ago, Barkal said:

I've never understood why people publish fake leaks, There were some fake leaks about the story a few months ago. 

Some people do it for attention, others do it because they are bored and want to troll people.

Spider-Vice

That is an employee being impersonated as has unfortunately happened many, many times. There's one of those "usual Twitter accounts" out there trying to defend this with tooth and nail which implies they could be behind it IMO lmao. The language of the screenshot makes no sense for a professional development environment*, most of the things there would not be what a tools programmer does, and why would there be a very convenient picture of some development text/tasks in a random video of their phone's gallery?

Also, a lot of us on Twitter as fans probably follow a fair amount of Rockstar devs. The account which posted that has zero mutuals, they have been at R* for around 4 years now, you'd think at least one dev would be mutual follows with them. Allegedly they nuked the account (they only ever had 1 post, the fake, lol) but not the follows so it doesn't track.

It's yet another no-lifer impersonating innocent employees. Also, that Gossip account is another account to add to the infamous filter. :cringekek: 
Edit: Holy sh*t they even admit it was a gimmick. Who does this? Bruh. Looking at the tweets, the people behind this have pulled more sh*t like this in the past.

*some more info

Spoiler
  • Most times they won't be calling "bugs and glitches" the same way we do, you'd be referring to Bugstar tasks, priorities, specific categories to look into. Also, "bugs and glitches are none"? Grammar aside, you never have "no bugs" on something internally.
  • As mentioned before "J&L" doesn't quite make sense to be written like that either.
  • A tools programmer would have nothing to do with weather effects testing, doing QA on story beats or whatever. They make in-game development and authoring tools for other devs to use.
  • What the f*ck is an R9? 31-41 sets of what? Swimming? Is this another attempt at permeating "RAGE 9" into people's minds even after the GTA V source code leak revealed there is no such versioning of RAGE? :kekw: 

Edited by Spider-Vice
edited with admission

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

8 hours ago, Dick Justice said:

Don't QA testers just play the same small section over and over again? They wouldn't be playing the game from start to finish to remove all bugs. This reads like someone who has no idea how things works wrote it. 

AFAIK they will do different things at different periods of development. For a while during development a full playthrough isn't possible so they won't be doing full playthroughs for a while. They will have times where they're just repeating the same stage or mission over and over trying to figure out how to break it, but they will also do play sessions where they just work out if something is actually fun too. Full playthroughs later, to judge flow, pacing, length, etc.

Given it's open world, and how good R* are in this area, I imagine they have play testers spending a lot of time just f*cking about in the open world trying to find holes in the world, glitchy spots, spots you can't get out of and also help working out good places for things like shortcuts. It's stuff like that where R* is leagues above any other open world city game.

• Like 4

Distrom

Where did this "RAGE 9" thing come from anyway? I've never seen it being referenced anywhere.

15 minutes ago, Distrom said:

Where did this "RAGE 9" thing come from anyway? I've never seen it being referenced anywhere.

Fake leaks lol.

People think technical sounding stuff makes it more legit, I guess.

We knew it was fake day 1, as from prior but lesser known leaks we knew that they don't number RAGE like that.

8 hours ago, Trafficante said:

It’s such a casual abbreviation of their names that it would be weird to have it used internally like that.

Yep. And "NPCs" is less common. They tend to use "peds" since there are ambient peds, scenario peds and script peds.

Not to say that the term "NPCs" isn't used at all. Since it is used in V's build log, but I reckon a dev would be more specific to refer to the population and ensuring they play the right voice line, in the case of that pic. And that type of generalized testing would have been done in early stages or it was covered by the previous game and just a matter of verifying that the changed behaviors match the weather type.

54 minutes ago, Distrom said:

A miscorrelation of tying the pack file version as a version of the engine. Much like how RDR2's version is RPF8, VI's could very much be RPF9. But that is not tied to the engine. It would just be a new file format.

This type of "leak", real or not, destroys careers. Very irresponsible to create a fake like this...

Agent Edward

GTA6's version of RAGE is pretty much a polished version of RDR2's, but Rockstar already added some extra stuff to it like lens flares to the sun, artificial lights and reflections.

5 minutes ago, Rm93 said:

This type of "leak", real or not, destroys careers. Very irresponsible to create a fake like this...

Man, we gotta stop treating the Rockstar Games team like a bunch of kids, they know when those things are real or not, it ain't because Dan Houser left the company that it became a headless chicken bleeding out until it drops dead.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

GTA6's version of RAGE is pretty much a polished version of RDR2's, but Rockstar already added some extra stuff to it like lens flares to the sun, artificial lights and reflections.

I mean... sure, to some extent.

But let's not forget R* have an in-house team developing RAGE every day and have been doing so since RDR2 came out. I'd wager calling VI's version of RAGE just a polished version of RDR2's would be a bit insulting to that team, lol.

It's had literal years of development and iteration and will likely feature new tech, some of which we've already seen to some degree in E&E (raytracing) but no doubt there's other stuff. For example, I wouldn't be shocked if they completely redid how they stream assets now that they no longer have to worry about HDD's.

Tech / engine is one area where R* have never pulled punches, especially in the RAGE era of their games.

• Like 9

Agent Edward
Just now, Jason said:

I mean... sure, to some extent.

But let's not forget R* have an in-house team developing RAGE every day and have been doing so since RDR2 came out. I'd wager calling VI's version of RAGE just a polished version of RDR2's would be a bit insulting to that team, lol.

It's had literal years of development and iteration and will likely feature new tech, some of which we've already seen to some degree in E&E (raytracing) but no doubt there's other stuff. For example, I wouldn't be shocked if they completely redid how they stream assets now that they no longer have to worry about HDD's.

Tech / engine is one area where R* have never pulled punches, especially in the RAGE era of their games.

Yeah, perhaps I worded it wrong, I meant in the graphics department, but I already saw a bunch of new mechanics, both in the leak and in the trailer, so it's way more advanced in this regard at least lol.

Spider-Vice
35 minutes ago, Rm93 said:

I wouldn't like to be in that dev's place but it likely won't destroy his career because there will be no paper trail of such notes internally. Although he *could* get a scary email or call it'll just be proven that it never happened because those dev tasks never existed.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Hash5moker
3 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

That is an employee being impersonated as has unfortunately happened many, many times. There's one of those "usual Twitter accounts" out there trying to defend this with tooth and nail which implies they could be behind it IMO lmao. The language of the screenshot makes no sense for a professional development environment*, most of the things there would not be what a tools programmer does, and why would there be a very convenient picture of some development text/tasks in a random video of their phone's gallery?

Also, a lot of us on Twitter as fans probably follow a fair amount of Rockstar devs. The account which posted that has zero mutuals, they have been at R* for around 4 years now, you'd think at least one dev would be mutual follows with them. Allegedly they nuked the account (they only ever had 1 post, the fake, lol) but not the follows so it doesn't track.

It's yet another no-lifer impersonating innocent employees. Also, that Gossip account is another account to add to the infamous filter. :cringekek: 
Edit: Holy sh*t they even admit it was a gimmick. Who does this? Bruh. Looking at the tweets, the people behind this have pulled more sh*t like this in the past.

*some more info

Reveal hidden contents
  • Most times they won't be calling "bugs and glitches" the same way we do, you'd be referring to Bugstar tasks, priorities, specific categories to look into. Also, "bugs and glitches are none"? Grammar aside, you never have "no bugs" on something internally.
  • As mentioned before "J&L" doesn't quite make sense to be written like that either.
  • A tools programmer would have nothing to do with weather effects testing, doing QA on story beats or whatever. They make in-game development and authoring tools for other devs to use.
  • What the f*ck is an R9? 31-41 sets of what? Swimming? Is this another attempt at permeating "RAGE 9" into people's minds even after the GTA V source code leak revealed there is no such versioning of RAGE? :kekw: 

To our disbelief, our gimmick has reached many people, including TGG and MMI. Our team has never thought that all this could go this far, but going on a long adventure without rest comes with consequences.

Pretty sure they mean their gimmick account, not the so called "leak". But yeah plenty of other factors make this sus. A tools programmer testing bugs is a huge red flag not to mention the lack of activity on the account. There were other posts that got deleted but that doesn't mean much either. You would think a single one of their co-workers would have followed them, especially considering there were other posts and they were at least semi-active on the account. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

Certaines personnes le font pour attirer l’attention, d’autres le font parce qu’elles s’ennuient et veulent troller les gens.

Then each time they justify themselves by saying "I got fired from Rockstar as a Storyboarder" or "I have a friend who worked for Rockstar". 

It's hilarious 😅

RaioMakuin
On 3/25/2024 at 12:13 PM, RaphealPenguin said:

Yea, and I still have the rundown-thread bookmarked.

I asked earlier ITT if he had been debunked or not, because I still see people arguing about whether or not gore and dismemberment were going to make it in, even though that was one of the things he confirmed

"Different color sunsets (orange, purple, pinkish) for Miami"

So the logo is themed with the sunset colors.

gta-6-official-logo-1920x1080-13622.png

BakeWithMe1000
6 hours ago, Distrom said:

To add to what Tez said. GTA 5 uses version 378 :kekw: 

The-Ghost
7 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

*some more info

Hide contents

That stuff popped up on my Reddit feed because I apparently made the mistake of clicking on the GTA6 Subreddit once or twice in the past and the very first thing I saw that made me chuckle and close the whole thing was your third point here, what does a tools programmer have anything to do with specific tests in the game? it's true.

Edited by The-Ghost

The-Ghost
7 hours ago, Jason said:

I imagine they have play testers spending a lot of time just f*cking about in the open world trying to find holes in the world, glitchy spots, spots you can't get out of and also help working out good places for things like shortcuts. It's stuff like that where R* is leagues above any other open world city game.

Dude just hire me, I do this crap with every game I play :lmaokek:

Seriously though, I've seen it discussed multiple times and these people don't get the credit they deserve, sometimes literally, which is terrible.

Spoiler

On that note though, I've always wondered if "shortcuts" are made before or after, I remember the first time I did the mission G-Spotlight in GTA Vice City and wondered which part came first, the mission script or the level design, my assumption is they codded the mission after, to utilize the level (ramps, jumps...).

Edited by The-Ghost

Agent Edward
1 hour ago, RaioMakuin said:

"Different color sunsets (orange, purple, pinkish) for Miami"

So the logo is themed with the sunset colors.

gta-6-official-logo-1920x1080-13622.png

Could've told you this for nothing.

paperback_cypher
16 hours ago, Trafficante said:

Rule of thumb, if it was internal they wouldn’t have said “J&L”.

It’s such a casual abbreviation of their names that it would be weird to have it used internally like that.

Can someone post the image since it got deleted? Just curious

RaioMakuin
2 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

Could've told you this for nothing.

Did you even read the post? He got all that info 2 weeks before we saw the trailer, probably the only real GTA 6 leak we got from reddit.

PolandMountain
16 hours ago, Barkal said:

Most people have really insignificant life. At least when they make a fake leak some people waste their time to debunk it.

Edited by PolandMountain

Agent Edward
3 hours ago, RaioMakuin said:

Did you even read the post? He got all that info 2 weeks before we saw the trailer, probably the only real GTA 6 leak we got from reddit.

I did read the post, but this part specifically ain't nothing special.

RaioMakuin
3 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

I did read the post, but this part specifically ain't nothing special.

So you think just because I pointed out that the colors match the logo is nothing special and I'm being cringe and shouldn't have mentioned It? 

That's actually weird, like you don't like me or something? Same with you @MrBreak16

MrBreak16
13 minutes ago, RaioMakuin said:

So you think just because I pointed out that the colors match the logo is nothing special and I'm being cringe and shouldn't have mentioned It? 

That's actually weird, like you don't like me or something? Same with you @MrBreak16

Lmao, what did I do? :kekw:

• KEKW 3