[Help] Is possible to convert a PS2 LCS savegame from Pal to NTSC?

Yo_Canibal

Hi everyone!

I'm using the PCSX2 nightly last version. I've done up to 90% of the game, but in the PAL/European version.

When I started to use the NTSC version, I can use the textures pack and a hack for more FPS. But not anything of that on the Pal version.

Anyone knows a way to convert the Pal save game to a NTSC save-game? I tried the PS2 Save Builder and the MYMC, but the NTSC version cannot read the modified save-game. Any ideas??

Thanks.

TheGreatLeone

there are sites that have savegames of all the missions. i dont think savegames have anything to do with region

• 1 month later...
Moncastler
On 12/7/2023 at 1:00 AM, Yo_Canibal said:

Hi everyone!

I'm using the PCSX2 nightly last version. I've done up to 90% of the game, but in the PAL/European version.

When I started to use the NTSC version, I can use the textures pack and a hack for more FPS. But not anything of that on the Pal version.

Anyone knows a way to convert the Pal save game to a NTSC save-game? I tried the PS2 Save Builder and the MYMC, but the NTSC version cannot read the modified save-game. Any ideas??

Thanks.

It is possible, LCS and VCS don't have any region-exclusive content and so it should be a matter of changing the internal title ID from SLES-xxxxx to SLUS-xxxxx.

IIRC I did use PS2 Save Builder to do the job, but I have vague memories on the steps that I did to make it work. Check if there are guides for GTA III, Vice City or San Andreas, they're more popular and save files should work in the same way.