Most amount of hours you’ve put into a game

.Ryan.

Something that intrigues me about the PS5 is how it tracks how many hours I’ve put into each game I’ve played and it’s rather interesting.

GT7 is the one I’ve spent the most with, with about 424 hours. Then GTA V at a 191 which is funny because I’ve only finished it once on PS4. I guess I attempted a number of saves, played them for a few hours before abandoning them.

After that it’s like 3-4 F1 games lol. 

I think overall GTA IV is probably the game I’ve spent the most amount of time playing, but since I mainly play the 360 version it doesn’t track how much time I’ve played overall since I don’t keep the saves and most of them ranged from 40-50 hours each so it’s probably well over 500 or something like that. 

What about you guys?

• Like 3

Back in the 360 days my playtime counter in Project Gotham Racing 3 got stuck at like 360 hours if I recall, lol. Also there will be Fifa's I've put a few hundred hours into, clocking in thousands of hours over the years.

Most of my biggest time sinks are on PC though, so looking through my Steam games:

Team Fortress 2 - 2.7k. A LOT of this is from idling from items way back in the day, at least half of these hours were that I think.

Marvel Heroes - 1.8k. ARPG I played the sh*t out of over a number of years before it shut down.

Warframe - 1.6k. Same as the above pretty much, don't play it much anymore.

Football Manager - Individually my most played FM has just under 1.2k hours clocked but overall the franchise is at over 5k hours played for me. Haven't really played it in a few years now though.

Monster Hunter World - 505 hours

Rocket League - 505 hours on PC, probably 200-300 on console as well.

There's various MMO's such as Rift, Guild Wars 2, ESO and RuneScape that I'll have sunk hundreds of hours into each as well.

• Like 3

Legomanarthur

I wish I knew. Most of the games that I've played religiously are not linked to a launcher or anything that tracks the amount of hours spent, so I can only guess.

Games such as Jedi Knight II and Academy probably have more than a thousand hours if not thousands each, I used to play these games daily.

Same goes for GTA III/VC/SA/IV, I just can't tell how many hours I've spent playing these games, maybe not a thousand hours each but a few hundreds each would be my estimation, I just don't know.

Here are some that I do know:

-GTA V with 1483 hours on PC apparently (mostly Online), however I don't know if those hours were also tracked before the inclusion of the Rockstar Games Launcher. Regardless, I used to play the game on Xbox 360 prior to the PC version so I should have a lot more hours.

-Dead By Daylight with 347 hours.

-Garry's Mod with 323 hours.

-Red Dead Redemption 2 with 283 hours.

-Saints Row 2 with 202 hours (not counting my time spent on Xbox 360).

-KOTOR 1 & 2 with 189 hours and 197 hours respectively (I really want to play these games again but I can't motivate myself to do so right now).

-Portal 2 with 166 hours.

-Cyberpunk 2077 with 122 hours (a single 100% playthrough, I don't even have Phantom Liberty).

-Humans Fall Flat with 116 hours.

-Bully with 94 hours.

• Like 4

fJEUkTi.png

ITSUMANGAMING

I think of the ones whose stats I saw/were recorded

GTA IV: 60-70 odd hours

Skyrim and Oblivion: 40-50 ish hours

I suspect Oblivion will become the top some time for me

The Gen III Pokemon games like Ruby/Leafgreen I started multiple playthroughs of about 20ish hours each, so I'm guessing about a 100 hours in Pokemon Ruby or so for me

Of the ones I know, GTA IV is my most played game lol though I'm sure I played Vice City and San Andreas more though I never checked their stats. 

Either way probably the most rookie numbers there will be in this topic. I was playing Assassins Creed 3 and I've played about 6 hours or so and felt I've played quite a bit, obviously not so but from that perspective seeing y'all have 1000s of hours in games is staggering lmfao. I sincerely mean this when I say I wish I had your passion

• Like 4

JP0cYXG.png

Untitled.png

By some considerable margin, no less.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

There's no doubt the most time I've put into a game is Arma 3, clocking in around 4000+ hours on Steam. It's what I constantly played for a good few years, going from different modded servers like Exile, UNSUNG, and KOTH 1944. I initially started playing it on an old Packard Bell laptop before I got a gaming PC.

• Like 2

Margot Robbed Me

My Steam Top 10

nEpADGy.jpg

I have a few games on Xbox/PC Game Pass that would sit above those GTAV hours on Steam though.

Besides that, Jason mentioned MMOs and those were absolute time sinks in the MMO golden age which I believe to be in the 2000s. I probably have over 10,000 hours in Aion Online, and similar numbers on Planetside 1.

• Like 3

Ah yeah, when you talk about MMO's being a time sink, Perfect World comes to mind. Not sure on the hours I may of put into it, mind you.

Most played game of mine has to be GTA series since the ps2. (GTA San Andreas)

By Steam hours, TF2 is first. 6k hours (if we count multiple accounts). GTA V/Online is first if not counting TF2 hours from all. https://i.imgur.com/o7NfmeS.png

Then would be Midnight Club 2, on my old steam account I had about 800 hours on that one, probably more from the past. Tekken 7(238) and GTA IV (100) are some I still play too. Assassin's Creed III and Odyssey then at 100 and 200 hours each and goes on.

I am playing way too many games so I have at least 30-100 hours in many of them, either completed once or multiple times.

Edited by 44Orca
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

I'll never know the hours put into San Andreas. If I was to guess, probably 400hrs across all versions

1. GTA V (312hrs)

2 Fallout 4 (278hrs)

3. RDR 2 (244hrs) SP only

4. Skyrim  (219)

5. Cyberpunk (192) - Still haven't finished story. 

Safe to say I enjoy open-world with RPG-style games. 

QgzIfRV.jpg

Spoiler

orNRDUp.jpg

cMvoIWy.png

Qnd7YOL.jpg

u3MvJkD.jpg

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Misumi said:

My Steam Top 10

21,000 hours? Is that what that says? Winner

This is hard for me to answer, since my gaming and simming days pre-date Steam by some margin.

My highest play time on Steam is Europa Universalis at 3,433.

But I believe I have played Falcon 4 more than that, but no record of it. But on Steam, EU4 is top.

Edited by smokeless6

24,350 hours in Runescape

4829 hours in Fallout 4

4545 hours in Fallout 76

1276 hours in Skyrim

R2z2IPX.png

Screenshot-20231204-231043-Flickr.jpg

I took that screenshot in early December 2012, just over one year after Skyrim had been released. The website Raptr tracked players on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. At 2,399 hours I had played Skyrim more than anyone else in the world. It equates to about 8 hours a day.

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

Play on PC now. Would hate to think what hours I have on my very old xbox 360 account or PS4.

ARK - 165 hours. Haven't played since 2019.
Farming Simulator 22 - 162 hours. I love it, sinks time away like nobody's business. Its gotten so bad I can tell the brand of tractors when I'm driving IRL (live in the countryside)
Dead by Daylight - 127 hours. Absolutely hate playing survivor, but I have friends.
Planet Zoo - 122 hours. Love it. Another great time sinker.

ARMA 3 - DayZ mod basically. Loved playing the mod so much. Haven't played since 2017.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rebel said:

ARMA 3 - DayZ mod basically. Loved playing the mod so much. Haven't played since 2017.

Yeah, DayZ, and specifically Arma 2 Epoch. I played those religiously during 2011–2013.

Cluckin Bell CEO

RDR 2 - around 600 hrs, this was seriously addictive, couldn't put it down for days

Forza Horizon 5 - 253 hrs, really fun and nice map to drive around in

GTA V - around 200hrs for sp and online combined

Forza Motorsport 7 - around 150 hours I think

Witcher 3 - 100 hours, still haven't finished the DLCs yet, pretty game

Don't know the stats for VC and SA which I played long ago, both easily over 150 hours I'd say

Back on console days I recall my time for MW2 being around 87 days which would come out at 2088 hours though iirc MW2 only tracked public online matches and not private so it's likely to be higher. As of late all I have really played is Minecraft's 2b2t server using multiple accounts with my main at 156 days played, an alt at 42 days and another alt at 8 days which comes out at 206 days or 4944 hours though that is tracked solely through third party bots who have had downtime and also doesn't account for using others accounts etc.

Steam has GTAIII at 344h and Vice City at 230h although I was playing those games long before I had a Steam account. If I had to hazard a guess I would say Vice City is my most played of all time given I've played it consistently since around 2006 on PC.

Edited by Sombra

tRSmCi4.gif

I don't know if I would laugh or cry at the amount of hours I attained in BF2 back in the day. I had Gold Medals for Helicopters and Airplanes and If memory serves correctly you needed 100 hours for those.

• Like 2

fV9tG4b.gif

Each playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 alone is more than 100 hours and I did Streetkid, Corpo and Nomad origins. Doing a 4th now that will be longer with Phantom Liberty.

Is this The Guy?

Skyrim and Oblivion were obvious ones with easily over thousands of hours on both games

Had over 100 days on GTA Online

Have over 300 hours on two different characters on Elden Ring

I also put a ridiculous amount of time into Clash of Clans

• 2 weeks later...
Exsanguination

Checked my GTAV/ Online stats 

A tad over 2200 hours...

• 2 weeks later...
OysterBarron

I think it would have to be minecraft. I never counted but when we were running the minecraft server and they finally added stats to one of the updates I noticed I had clocked up 800 hours on one patch cycle and that was about 1/5 of my playtime over the years. Mental...

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

EmagmaLak

I gave the new Saints Row a go over Xmas. Played it for 12 hours which I think Is the most hours you can put in to it...

Jokes aside, MW2 will have to be right up there for me. I had it on PS3 and was about 5th prestige, then I got it on 360 where all my friends were, and we just poured hours in to it. I was 18 when it came out, me and my friends were just finishing Sixth Form and working part time, so we just done nothing else but play it. Not only doing the usual 10th prestige ranking up, but we done nuke races, quick scope lobbies, hide and seek lobbies, Search and Destroy win streaks, and trolling with Riot Shields of course. We just used it as a social platform. If memory serves I was on about 32 days on my 360 account alone, which is about 768 hours (thanks Google)

I think after that, Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold would be right up there. I wish I could see my old stats for them games because as a kid, that was my entire existence 😅 

SIG-2.jpg

I think I put about 17 days worth of gametime into Timesplitters 2 (my favorite game of all time, even over two decades later) on the ol' PS2 before I accidentally erased my save file one unfortunate time. Then I went on to put about another 14 days worth of gametime into it to, unlocking all the maps, characters and weapons again.

Probably next highest to that would be Oblivion. I put in about 300 hours into it ... and then I discovered modding tools, which I never got a tally on how many additional gameplay hours was put into it, but it was probably around to 200 (Oh, so many times did Anvil get eradicated in so many different ways), and then The Shivering Isles came out and that was easily another hundred, and I never even did everything in the expansion.

Of course, the game I might just have the longest number of hours put into would probably be Gmod. 1,299 hours on my current Steam account, and on my old Steam account it's probably between 800 and 1,000 hours.

1. GTA V, at least 2,000 hours PS4 and PS5 total. I also had at least 100 hours (SP Only) from my previous accounts that probably got hacked, from my PS3 and early PS4 gaming days.

2. Warzone/MW2019, at least 800 hours

3. Witcher 3, at least 600 hours

4. Far Cry 5 with at least 300 hours.

5. The Last of Us Part 1 and 2 with at least 200 hours total.

6. Horizon: Forbidden West with at least 120 hours.

7. GOW Ragnarok with at least 80 hours played.

These are merely the ones with their times recorded. I also used to play GTA SA for days on end from 2009-2012, and sometime later on my iPad back in 2014-2017.

I also play Call of Duty MP every now and then, specifically MW Remastered. It's classic without the "sweats", but the gunplay, as expected is just outdated. Since I don't play MP games that much anymore, I find myself deleting it after a day or two just to make room for my backlog.

Edited by DODI3OG

• 4 weeks later...

I have no idea how to break them apart but between all my gta V/online it totals somewhere over 12000 hours.

Kingdoms of Amalur - 1500

Horizon Zero Dawn - 900

RDR Online - 1200

Ghost of Tsushima - 600

I have about ten or more games that all clock in at around 600-1200 hours.