Jump to content

Is Toni the most evil protagonist?


universetwisters

Recommended Posts

universetwisters

My friends and I were talking about who the most evil of all protagonists were in GTA earlier today and most of us agreed on Toni. Partly because….

 

-Dude blew up an entire neighborhood (1/5th of Staunton Island?) full of innocent people for a measly five grand

-Took pictures of a guy wearing a diaper to show his mother

-Dismembered aforementioned guy at a sawmill and sold corpse to the store he worked at

-Tried to interfere with the results of an election and tarnish the democratic process

 

Im sure there’s other awful crimes he committed just as heinous that I just can’t think of. What do y’all think? Is he def the worst or is he up there with the worst or nah?

  • Like 3

sTgL5iS.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's the only protagonist to have committed domestic terrorism canonically, iirc LCS is also the only 3D Universe game to have rampages tasking you with killing pedestrians.

 

Toni might not be evil, but he is really ruthless. Not surprising since he is suppossed to be this over the top version of Tony Soprano.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely not, he's a sweet, merciful man who truly cares about the elders.

spacer.png

Edited by Lancerator
  • KEKW 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cant remember

When doing the car dealership side activity Toni also runs over random pedestrians just to show the customer how good the car is at running people over.

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

universetwisters
5 hours ago, cant remember said:

When doing the car dealership side activity Toni also runs over random pedestrians just to show the customer how good the car is at running people over.


Lmao I completely forgot about that. Its just like that scene from Borat

 

 

Imagine the customer didn’t even ask about how good the car was at running people over; Toni just took it upon himself to do so and the customer bought the car out of fear :kekw:

sTgL5iS.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legomanarthur

He's probably the most psychotic protagonist, he doesn't show any empathy whatsoever. The only people he seems to care about are Salvatore and his Ma, probably in this specific order too.

 

Makes you wonder if R* truly intended for Toni to come off as this total psycho or they just went "f*ck it, let's have him do all these heinous crimes, people won't look into the ramifications of his actions" or something to that effect.

 

 

The fact that you can do all these crimes in the chicken mascot suit truly makes him the most evil protagonist.

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

fJEUkTi.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lock n' Stock
23 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

The fact that you can do all these crimes in the chicken mascot suit truly makes him the most evil protagonist.

Lmao, I used to f*ck around in that suit all the time.

 

But yea, Trevor ain't got nothing on Toni. That ONE mission alone puts Toni above the rest in terms of pure ruthlessness.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legomanarthur
14 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Lmao, I used to f*ck around in that suit all the time.

 

But yea, Trevor ain't got nothing on Toni. That ONE mission alone puts Toni above the rest in terms of pure ruthlessness.

I tend to choose the more regular or "serious" outfits when I'm doing a GTA playthrough, however LCS is the only exclusion to the rule. As soon as I unlock the suit, I'm wearing it for the rest of the game, it's just too perfect. :sadkek:

 

Yeah Trevor feels pretty tame when compared to Toni. Trevor is deranged and whiny with some semblance of empathy at times whereas Toni is pretty much devoid of any emotion really, like Claude. I know Toni as a character doesn't have much depth when compared to Trevor but if you compare the two by their actions alone, Toni appears to be on a different league. And I don't even think Trevor would be willing to commit domestic terrorism of that scale, let alone for a measly $5000 reward. Man, this mission is so wrong. :kekw:

  • Like 1

fJEUkTi.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

universetwisters

Thanks guys now I wanna dust off my PS2 and do a furry/chicken outfit playthrough

  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

sTgL5iS.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legomanarthur
56 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

Thanks guys now I wanna dust off my PS2 and do a furry/chicken outfit playthrough

Palpatine Darthsidious GIF - Palpatine Darthsidious Doit GIFs
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

fJEUkTi.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lock n' Stock
4 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

I tend to choose the more regular or "serious" outfits when I'm doing a GTA playthrough, however LCS is the only exclusion to the rule. As soon as I unlock the suit, I'm wearing it for the rest of the game, it's just too perfect. :sadkek:

 

4 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

And I don't even think Trevor would be willing to commit domestic terrorism of that scale, let alone for a measly $5000 reward. Man, this mission is so wrong. :kekw:

The worst thing about it is just how it's brushed off like a minor thing. If nothing else, it was a nice way of explaining the giant construction site in III.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legomanarthur
48 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I love the fact that the wattles of the suit (which look like human balls, whether intentionally or unintentionally) are the only elements of the suit that move when Toni talks during cutscenes.

Like I said, perfect. :shillkek:

 

54 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

The worst thing about it is just how it's brushed off like a minor thing. If nothing else, it was a nice way of explaining the giant construction site in III.

Yeah that's why I wonder if R* really gave much thought when they conceptualized this mission. We know they had to do something about Fort Staunton in order to turn it into this big construction site, but I can't help but think that Dan and co gave up on trying to give a more realistic explanation and went "f*ck it, let's have Toni blow up the whole neighborhood and move on".

 

I don't know, I may be overthinking it. It just feels way too big of an event to simply have it brushed off and never mentioned afterward, not even in the following mission. It feels so crazy to me from a story perspective.

I know the story wasn't really the focus in LCS, but when I look back on it, moments like these really make this game appear like the epitome of GTA as a game, or I guess the public's misconstrued perception of GTA as a game, where all you do is commit the most atrocious crimes 24/7 without a single care in the world and with no repercussions whatsoever. It's like R* embraced it and went full steam ahead for their first PSP game. Of course, I know GTA can be played that way, but the experience tends to be more than just heinous crime after crime if you take the story and characters into consideration. Again, I'm probably overthinking it. :modkek:

  • Like 1

fJEUkTi.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2023 at 1:20 PM, Legomanarthur said:

He's probably the most psychotic protagonist, he doesn't show any empathy whatsoever. The only people he seems to care about are Salvatore and his Ma, probably in this specific order too.

 

Makes you wonder if R* truly intended for Toni to come off as this total psycho or they just went "f*ck it, let's have him do all these heinous crimes, people won't look into the ramifications of his actions" or something to that effect.

 

 

The fact that you can do all these crimes in the chicken mascot suit truly makes him the most evil protagonist.

He does show a bit of empathy when Toshiko committed suicide.... Another example was when he was clearly hurt/surprised after Salvatore refused to pay him the millions promised at the end of the last mission. Excluding all this, Toni, like Claude, is the devil incarnated for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
universetwisters
On 12/12/2023 at 9:47 PM, Luciano89 said:

He does show a bit of empathy when Toshiko committed suicide.... 


Was it because Toni was all like “okay Toshiko it’s payment time” and Toshiko threw herself out of the window right after? Dude prob just wanted his money 

Edited by universetwisters

sTgL5iS.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
wacky woohoo pizza man
Posted (edited)

Honestly yeah. He's also the only protagonist besides GTA 2 Claude who has rampage side-missions that target innocents, so I'm fully inclined to believe 6-star police shootouts are a typical Monday for Toni. There's also a few rampages where you have to kill your fellow Leones

 

Stuff like this is why it wouldn't surprise me if Toni actually did kill CJ

Edited by wacky woohoo pizza man
  • Best Bru 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Max Payne

Toni is weird in a sense that I'm not sure "evil" alone describes him. Seems to be deeply addicted to his mother and very loyal to Salvatore. I have the feeling if Salvatore ordered Toni to nuke all of Liberty City, if him, his mother and the Leone family would survive the nuke through some sci-fi tech, he'd straight up do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.