Trilogy Definitive Edition OUT NOW on Mobile via Netflix

Mattmo831

Just now, FulVal85 said:

Remaster or classic version?

Classic

FulVal85
4 minutes ago, Raskul said:

Classic

Very strange, that version has a lot of bugs that need a fix, not just fps or music issues

and again, that fps change is not optional, so 60 fps forced (as GTA LCS) with possible physics bugs

Edited by FulVal85
  • Like 1

NightmanCometh96
18 hours ago, Raskul said:

Okay guys, this is very interesting. Yesterday they updated the standard GTA SA Mobile to version 2.11.206.

They added support for a Mixtape radio station with custom music. Also, support for 60 fps has been added.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, FulVal85 said:

Remaster or classic version?

It’s GSG’s 2013 mobile port. 

The Mixtape addition must be an Android-specific change, because iOS has had it since day one. I still find it odd that it was never carried over to the PC/mobile versions of the DE; since it’s, you know, based on the original mobile ports…

60FPS is a welcome (if very late) QoL improvement on paper. However, while I do notice that the frame rate has been unlocked, the game feels much choppier than it did on older patches, and never seems to be hitting a consistent 60FPS (it legit feels like the 25FPS cap that the PC version’s frame limiter has without SilentPatch installed). I have the most recent iPhone, the 15 Pro Max, so hardware should not be an issue here; sounds like something really weird is going on with the optimization. On the other hand, my Retroid Pocket 4 Pro (which I’m sure isn’t anywhere near as powerful as Apple’s A17 chip, delivers a silky-smooth 60FPS at all times (I have an older, modded APK with CLEO Android and SkyGFX installed, but I haven’t tested the official update yet).

EDIT: I also installed the newest update on my M1 MacBook Pro. Still getting the jittery, inconsistent performance. :/

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Raskul said:

Okay guys, this is very interesting. Yesterday they updated the standard GTA SA Mobile to version 2.11.206.

They added support for a Mixtape radio station with custom music. Also, support for 60 fps has been added.

spacer.png

I even remembered that I bought this re-release for PC in the Microsoft store. But it seems to have been forgotten by everyone, so they don’t update it except for phones.
And most likely this is just a test of the pen when Microsoft was working on phones

AverageOnlinePlayer

Wtf the DE games on ios only have like 15 ratings across all 3 of them, did these not sell at all? Lmao

FulVal85
39 minutes ago, AverageOnlinePlayer said:

Wtf the DE games on ios only have like 15 ratings across all 3 of them, did these not sell at all? Lmao

They are playing Netflix version...

• Like 1

NightmanCometh96
13 hours ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

It’s GSG’s 2013 mobile port. 
60FPS is a welcome (if very late) QoL improvement on paper. However, while I do notice that the frame rate has been unlocked, the game feels much choppier than it did on older patches, and never seems to be hitting a consistent 60FPS (it legit feels like the 25FPS cap that the PC version’s frame limiter has without SilentPatch installed). I have the most recent iPhone, the 15 Pro Max, so hardware should not be an issue here; sounds like something really weird is going on with the optimization. On the other hand, my Retroid Pocket 4 Pro (which I’m sure isn’t anywhere near as powerful as Apple’s A17 chip), delivers a silky-smooth 60FPS at all times (I have an older, modded APK with CLEO Android and SkyGFX installed, but I haven’t tested the official update yet).

EDIT: I also installed the newest update on my M1 MacBook Pro. Still getting the jittery, inconsistent performance. :/

Okay. I also fired up the new update for "OG" SA on an old iPhone 6S Plus (I have it lying around because I can't stand how Apple's "courage" has led to most modern smartphones doing away with the headphone jack). Despite being a nearly 9 year old device, it's somehow running the game way more smoothly than my top-of-the-line 2023 phone does. :bruh: It's still isn't close to a locked 60FPS, but regardless, the performance is decent considering the ancient (by today's smartphone standards) 2015 hardware. Then again, the 6S Plus ran LCS at 60FPS back in the day; so in theory, I don't see why III, VC and SA couldn't have achieved similar results if R*/GSG bothered to give the iOS versions a frame limiter toggle from the get-go (like the Android ports did, although in SA, it originally just upped the cap from ~25FPS to 30-ish FPS).

• Like 1

AverageOnlinePlayer
4 hours ago, FulVal85 said:

They are playing Netflix version...

perhaps.... but it being a gta game i expected more on the non netflix versions

Edited by AverageOnlinePlayer

NightmanCometh96
9 hours ago, AverageOnlinePlayer said:

perhaps.... but it being a gta game i expected more on the non netflix versions

Also keep in mind that the paid versions are $20 each, which is quite steep for mobile games (IMO, the $60 MSRP for the console/PC versions was already ridiculous considering that the DE was technically a bunch of rushed mobile ports in the first place). A lot of people have Netflix, so it’s probably a better deal for anyone already subscribing to simply download the “free” versions; of course, it winds up costing more in the long run, but that’s arguably a moot point if you have no plans of ending your subscription anytime soon.

I’m sure the negative word of mouth surrounding the DE has also justifiably made many potential buyers skeptical. A soft relaunch (a la Cyberpunk with Phantom Liberty) may do the Trilogy some good. But, whatever the reason, R*/T2 obviously don’t seem too keen on bringing VGD’s updates to other platforms. As far as consoles and PC go, they essentially took the money and ran back in 2021-2022; so in their eyes (I can’t stress this enough, I’m not at all saying I’d agree with their stance if this is the case), why bother putting any further time, money or manpower into these versions? Going by prior events, the current movement on SteamDB is probably nothing more than changing a random .png file within the RGL or some other trivial sh*t. Consoles and PC will likely (continue to) be stuck with the mess that GSG made for years to come. At this point, I just can’t believe otherwise unless I see the change in person.

• Like 3

I would only and only now if even would love to play GTA CTW native on Android with Fusion mod and of course already there with trainer and custom mp3 support but right now ppsspp will do. My phone nearly died by getting Warzoned and now COD WZM doesn't even download on it anymore from Play Store.

DUNK512
30 minutes ago, JASON6971 said:

I would only and only now if even would love to play GTA CTW native on Android with Fusion mod and of course already there with trainer and custom mp3 support but right now ppsspp will do. My phone nearly died by getting Warzoned and now COD WZM doesn't even download on it anymore from Play Store.

you need a new phone bro.

34 minutes ago, DUNK512 said:

you need a new phone bro.

Yeah I definitely do, rocking this mediatek potato Galaxy a32 4g since Feb 2022. Want to go for something with more high end and in support or otherwise if I can live with this phone for long then Risc V device it is then. With emus. I really really need new one this or next year for Cassia Windows emu though for playing GTA IV, V and maybe 6 if it comes out on pc later.

Edited by JASON6971

kubon352
On 4/28/2024 at 10:32 AM, FulVal85 said:

Very strange, that version has a lot of bugs that need a fix, not just fps or music issues

and again, that fps change is not optional, so 60 fps forced (as GTA LCS) with possible physics bugs

There is a frame limiter toggle in game settings.

Still, I'm a bit upset that in Mali GPUs graphics are pixelated. In older versions it could be fixed by adding some files to data folder, now it no longer works.

FulVal85
3 hours ago, kubon352 said:

There is a frame limiter toggle in game settings.

Still, I'm a bit upset that in Mali GPUs graphics are pixelated. In older versions it could be fixed by adding some files to data folder, now it no longer works.

I can't find that frame limiter in GTA LCS

FulVal85
Posted (edited)

More beta updates today, but without visible changes...

Edited by FulVal85
  • YEE 2

DespicableItalian
2 hours ago, FulVal85 said:

More beta updates today, but without visible changes...

Most likely RGL related...

• Like 1

Ballbreaker_

I think we oughta stop making updates about the updates. It only leads to false expectations and frustration.

FulVal85

There is a new beta on Netflix that allow PC players to use some games, also GTA

Raskul
1 hour ago, FulVal85 said:

There is a new beta on Netflix that allow PC players to use some games, also GTA

What do you mean? Could you provide a link to this information?

Denwda

Two new branches have appeared that are inaccessible to the general public. Last activity was a couple of hours ago

Spider-Vice

They haven't appeared, they've been updated. Last time they pushed a build nothing happened but it's both qalive and qabeta so... Hoping it's not something like updating in-game strings so it doesn't read Social Club anymore :p 

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 4:05 PM, FulVal85 said:

? Are you sure? Means gta de to be updated through it on pc then?

Edited by JASON6971

Spider-Vice

What they meant is that you can play them via streaming on the Netflix app. I believe it's cloud streaming.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

32 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

What they meant is that you can play them via streaming on the Netflix app. I believe it's cloud streaming.

Oh alright, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
AverageOnlinePlayer
On 5/20/2024 at 10:38 AM, Denwda said:

Two new branches have appeared that are inaccessible to the general public. Last activity was a couple of hours ago

Man will they just f*cking add in classic lighting already 

• Realistic Steak! 3

NightmanCometh96

So, Sony will finally be adding new PS2 titles to the premium tier of PS Plus next month. It's just three games so far, but hopefully this new emulator fares better than the poorly-frame paced one on PS4 (and, while I'm not holding my breath, fingers crossed that all PS2 on PS4 games are eventually updated to the new emulator. Yes, R*/T2/Sony, that includes the OG Trilogy). And for any SA fans, don't worry; they've got us covered, too...

Spoiler

with the DEstill devoid of the sorely-needed changes that VGD has implemented in the mobile/Netflix versions. Sorry. I just needed to vent.:starekek:

Spoiler

But at least I now have a healthy supply of hopium to huff. Maybe we'll get LCS or VCS on PS5 at some point? And what about CTW? :sadkek: 

I'm still salty that those ESRB ratings for PS4 never amounted to anything (same goes for E&E on PC).

• Like 3

Moncastler
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

VCS on PS5

Two things that can't stay in the same sentence :kekw:

If they're seriously bringing VCS to PS5 not only I would HAVE to buy a console, but at the same time I'd be left wondering why the hell they never remastered LCS and VCS on modern consoles / PC. As I said here recently, VCS soundtrack is probably the biggest roadblock that stopped any sort of re-release and pushed Rockstar to remove it from PS3 and PS Vita. VCS being brought back to life (even with its soundtrack butchered) would be a massive surprise. Same things could be said for the Midnight Club series, the amount of licensed music and cars in there is insane.

LCS on the other hand would be less of an issue, although this new PS2 emulator would have to be really good to hide the obvious performance issues of this port. PCSX2 kinda "fixes" PS2 LCS, but I remember the slideshow that it was on PS3.

I think it's also in Sony's best interests to have all Rockstar PS2 games part of their classic catalogue, even "minor" games like Red Dead Revolver, Bully and Max Payne would be major sellers. The OG Trilogy though, yeah, probably not going to happen.

Edited by Moncastler

DeftMacaroon510

With SA DE going to PS Plus, it seems like if an update doesn’t happen by then, it never will.

Any kind of Netflix exclusivity would surely be over by June (6 months) and SA’s addition will bring at least a little attention back to the trilogy, and if it’s not patched it’ll just become a big meme again.

They have the opportunity to finally do something remotely positive with this thing, but I doubt they will.

NightmanCometh96
Posted (edited)

I don't think having it on PS+ would imply that an update is underway. VC was already on PS+ before, as well as SA on Gamepass (both 2014 and later on, the DE); obviously, nothing of note happened when they were added. All signs point to R*/T2 being perfectly okay with leaving all non-mobile platforms stuck with GSG's rushed, fundamentally flawed mess. The entire DE debacle has shown that they clearly don't give a damn about their legacy titles. Hopefully the positive response to Double Eleven's RDR1 ports has convinced them to reassess that stance, although I do suspect that potential IV/MP3/RDR2/etc. rereleases would be similarly barebones/unambitious in scope (which would be fine if the asking price weren't as high as RDR1's "commercially accurate" $50. Even E&E retails for $40).

EDIT: I think III may have also been on PS Now not too long after release (before it became PS+ Extra).

• Like 1