Trilogy Definitive Edition OUT NOW on Mobile via Netflix

Mattmo831

7 hours ago, NikoBellicSenior said:

spacer.png

I was playing a mission, and saw the game look like this and had to take a screenshot. This is maxed settings on OnePlus 11. 

I've always said that the vanilla DE lighting didn't look too bad in VC, unlike III or SA. This classic lighting mode, however, looks closer to VCS than VC to me, which isn't a bad thing at all when you can switch between two modes.

Edited by Zapper
  • Like 2

Since they did these changes then we might see an update with character models too just wasn't part of mobile? (I mean if it gets updated on PC/Consoles).

But they do look slightly better, it's really the only issue as everyone said. At least on PC some mods change them.

San Andreas had a lot, but at least for the other two aside fixing textures there isn't much else is there? 

My Android is ancient so I can't play them..

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

2 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

I just finished VC DE on PS5 and I'd play it again if they give us these things.

Might even buy this on PC if they patch it.

True but we are a minorty, I believe. 

Your average Joe doesn’t have time to play the same game again.

Let’s hope for the best. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 44Orca said:

Since they did these changes then we might see an update with character models too just wasn't part of mobile? (I mean if it gets updated on PC/Consoles).

But they do look slightly better, it's really the only issue as everyone said. At least on PC some mods change them.

I mean that’s not the only issue. There are still tons of things missing that WAS in the original. Especially GTA SA had a lot of cool details for example, 2D clouds you can fly by, plane trails, heat haze effect, underwater effect, endless ocean and so many other things I can’t even count. This cool little details are things that made the game so great back in the day. I won’t accept the fact that this is somehow playable. No, I don’t even want ultra realistic graphics, just give me the original games and its aesthetic in 1080p without making it look like a mobile game. Actually when I think about it, mobile games do look good these days. It looks like a bootleg made in 5 months. 
This update is on the right path but it’s not enough. 

• Like 3

Without feedbacks they cannot fix all other bugs...

Also there aren't reviews in non-Netflix version... Are you using only Netflix version?:kekw:

19 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Even if Rockstar released the best patch possible, it is simply too late. 

What is the point when everyone has already finished the game?

I couldn't bring myself to finish the games. If they upgrade the console versions maybe I'll give them a shot now.

Edited by FamousActor_
  • Like 3

Could someone in the future make a list of unrepaired bugs and glitches?  I saw that the AT400 hangar door was not fixed.  And I have the impression that in the first sequence the wheels of the police car are strange with a white line around them.. In VC Tommy slows down his running by gradually releasing the "joystick" now ?  Overall the mobile versions have been improved, I hope the console/PC versions will be updated..

Edited by KBNL_92

14 hours ago, HenryXS said:

Ben posted on twitter @videotechuk_ (maybe @videotechx?) that he is working on a comparison video, and wow... the game really looks "fixed".

we want this on console and pc rockstar, we need it.

nice job on this comparison Ben, can't wait to see it :)

font: https://x.com/videotechuk_/status/1735854297085100510?s=20

GBb-O_jWcAAq2_T?format=jpg&name=smallGBcCUi9WUAENcl-?format=jpg&name=medium

Just goes to show that something as simple as distant fog can improve A LOT the look of the game and make it feel much more alive somehow. Now I just wish they would release an option to play with the original characters models instead of the awful new ones.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Even if Rockstar released the best patch possible, it is simply too late. 

What is the point when everyone has already finished the game?

You could say the same thing about Cyberpunk, or No Man's Sky after they both launched and look at how those two games turned out. There's no harm in fixing a product after it's launched if it means the people who already purchased it get a better experience.

There's also still people out there who haven't purchased the game because they believe it's not worth their money until it's fixed, which is fair. Rockstar would get some good press if they announced a huge patch that fixes all or majority of issues, and would get plenty of sales over the holiday season because of it.

11 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

Might even buy this on PC if they patch it.

One cool feature that the PC version has, because it runs on Unreal Engine 4, is that the game can natively load any .PAK file you throw at it, as long as you put the files into a folder called "~mods". This means it comes with a mod loader out of the box, so there's no need to use IMG tools to install model/texture mods and such. Right now the Definitive Edition modding scene is very small, but a big patch might convince modders to make content for those games too.

You know what I noticed? The shadows don't move by increments anymore, it's all smooth. So when you want, you can!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, 44Orca said:

San Andreas had a lot, but at least for the other two aside fixing textures there isn't much else is there? 

My Android is ancient so I can't play them..

Can't play pretty much any of them because they're extremely lagging on my handheld devices, even on the lowest resolution.

RecklessGlue540
2 minutes ago, gtafaninwest said:

From what I seen on videos, the games play smoothly on IOS devices, but lag real harsh on android devices.

Well, since Apple is closed source, and only their devices run IOS, don't the devs have to ensure their games and apps run properly at least on their latest devices? IPhones have been sticking to 6GB of ram since forever now...

Android is open to everything on the other hand. There are a lot of underpowered devices that run the latest versions of Android.

And the games use Unreal Engine out of all things... you do need a fairly good phone to experience these kind of games properly...

1 hour ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

Well, since Apple is closed source, and only their devices run IOS, don't the devs have to ensure their games and apps run properly at least on their latest devices? IPhones have been sticking to 6GB of ram since forever now...

Android is open to everything on the other hand. There are a lot of underpowered devices that run the latest versions of Android.

And the games use Unreal Engine out of all things... you do need a fairly good phone to experience these kind of games properly...

Maybe it lags on Android 11, which I use. Might it run better on 12/13?

RecklessGlue540
6 minutes ago, gtafaninwest said:

Maybe it lags on Android 11, which I use. Might it run better on 12/13?

It depends more on the specs your phone has...

But lol, it's listed as compatible for you on Android 11?

As the Rockstar mobile ports seem to be rather random when it comes to supported devices and android versions...

1 hour ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

It's not really a matter of open source or closed source OS, Windows for example is closed source, runs on everything and it is not light (unlike most Linux distros).

You can see each iPhone as a little console: the hardware is very specific and the OS is perfectly tailored to it. This is a massive advantage for developers because they have a small array of devices to work with, meaning that their software is generally more optimized on iOS. Apple also has very powerful SoCs on all their devices, CPU and GPU should be better than the high end stuff you see on Android... You put them with a very optimized and light OS and you have a good combo :)

I use my phone for very very basic stuff, but AFAIK mobile gaming has always been better on iPhones.

The 6GB of RAM is ridiculous tho, 8GB should be the minimum on a high end model that costs a kidney and a half... But hey, we're talking about the company that says stuff like "our 8GB of RAM are like 16GB for others" :kekw:

According to some Youtube comments they still use the same color filter for the whole map, probably the same skybox aswell - so no purple sky and individual effects for the desert, no blue-ish color filter for San Fierro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mintal said:

According to some Youtube comments they still use the same color filter for the whole map, probably the same skybox aswell - so no purple sky and individual effects for the desert, no blue-ish color filter for San Fierro.

That sucks because it makes a lot of San Andreas' iconic atmosphere. They purple sky around the desert/Las Venturas was always a higlight for me.

Yeah pretty annoying, SA had individual effects for each biome (Los Santos, San Fierro, LV, desert, forest, etc.). Sadly those effects didn't get restored as it seems.

Still has to be tested more though, when I rushed to San Fierro everything went blueish. We need to see the city at noon or dawn, to see if it gets orange like SF or not.

Okay. But in LS I have seen some blue-ish mobile footage aswell, it may depend on the weather conditions.

Like you said, maybe it needs some more testing.

Of course the PS2 version will remain the best. They just butchered the feel and look of these games beyond repair. Lol at that shadow. :)

• Like 3

Cluckin Bell CEO
28 minutes ago, gtafaninwest said:

I wanted to enjoy these, but the dreadful lag on the highest resolution ruins it.

yeah I'm just sticking to the older mobile remasters until they optimize these versions properly.

RecklessGlue540
27 minutes ago, Darth_Cruiser said:

yeah I'm just sticking to the older mobile remasters until they optimize these versions properly.

Pff. Are they any better?

I mean, emulating the PS2 version is by far the best thing to do if you don't care about mods...

I dunno about mobile tho. There was AetherSX2 or something like that, but that got canned... because of strange people

• Realistic Steak! 1

Cluckin Bell CEO
9 minutes ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

Pff. Are they any better?

they take up less space and run better on the phone, so yeah...

RecklessGlue540
43 minutes ago, Darth_Cruiser said:

they take up less space and run better on the phone, so yeah...

Eh, they still have their bugs. Game breaking sometimes even. Pair that with the random crashes that you have no control over sometimes...

Especially that screen coruption Badger talked about in Vadim's video.

Nobody reported crashes with these versions so far... right? Surely might have missed some comments...

PS2 Emulation should be crash free at this point anyway.

Edited by RecklessGlue540
  • Realistic Steak! 1