Trilogy Definitive Edition OUT NOW on Mobile via Netflix

Mattmo831

BS_BlackScout
10 minutes ago, jdfsociety said:

I wish Rockstar would put some effort into community engagement (beyond GTA Online). I'd be perfectly content to wait for these changes to come to console/PC if I at least knew they were coming. At the moment we can only speculate, and based on past experience it's likely they won't bother to update the console/PC versions.

They get away with it, especially now when GTA VI has been announced.

Most people are focused into it and also GTA O/V...

Relatively speaking, it's """not as important""", so they just don't say anything lol.

• Like 4

Just now, BS_BlackScout said:

Relatively speaking, it's """not as important""", so they just don't say anything lol.

100%. Like it or not they're big enough that they're in a position where they can get away with it. If you compare that to a lot of indie game developers who put so much love and effort into their games and most pertinently in this case, community engagement. It's night and day. 

NightmanCometh96

It's so baffling that Rockstar constantly keep us in the dark as if they're really a front for Area 51 and have discovered alien lifeforms. It just shows a lack of respect for the fans (yeah, yeah, "corporations are not your friend" and all that, but it wouldn't hurt for them to at least try to engage with us more often). If they have no plans to bring these updates to consoles/PC, they should just rip off the band-aid and tell us. Otherwise, say upfront that they're being worked on, and will be released at a later date.

Spoiler

And R*, while you're at it, do the same for the PC version of GTA VI as well! I'm sure a good chunk of people will double dip and get it on consoles first anyway, even if we officially knew from the get go that it would come to PC later on (case in point, the 8th Gen versions of V that were revealed alongside PC).

Edited by NightmanCometh96

Restart2020Late2025
2 minutes ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

It's so baffling that Rockstar constantly keep us in the dark as if they're really a front for Area 51 and have discovered alien lifeforms. It just shows a lack of respect for the fans (yeah, yeah, "corporations are not your friend" and all that, but it wouldn't hurt for them to at least try to engage with us more often). If they have no plans to bring these updates to consoles/PC, they should just rip off the band-aid and tell us. Otherwise, say upfront that they're being worked on, and will be released at a later date.

Hide contents

And R*, while you're at it, do the same for the PC version of GTA VI as well! I'm sure a good chunk of people will double dip and get it on consoles first anyway, even if we officially knew from the get go that it would come to PC later on (case in point, the 8th Gen versions of V that were revealed alongside PC).

The issue with this approach is that R* doesn’t know for sure themselves.

Plans change especially at R*.

They „mentioned“ SP DLC for GTA V but that never came. Same with Heists which they constantly had to. delay.

GTA V E&E was supposed to release for PC as well, and those plans also changed. 

That is the #1 reason why R* doesn’t communicate, because their cards are constantly reshuffled. 

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock
1 hour ago, HenryXS said:

i was about to share this video here right now, congrats for the comparison!

the only feedback i have is that the resolution you used in the mobile is too low

I retract what I said earlier about it looking uglier. Seems like whoever worked on this made some genuine attempt to improve things.

Still room for much more however, imo.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

BS_BlackScout
21 minutes ago, Restart2020Late2025 said:

The issue with this approach is that R* doesn’t know for sure themselves.

--

GTA V E&E was supposed to release for PC as well, and those plans also changed. 

Was it though? I don't think this was stated anywhere 🤔

NightmanCometh96
2 minutes ago, BS_BlackScout said:

Was it though? I don't think this was stated anywhere 🤔

In the initial announcement, R* mentioned that the 9th Gen exclusive GTAO content would also make its way to PC (and people assumed this also meant E&E itself, even though it was never explicitly stated). However, it seems like these plans were scrapped around the same time the "Expanded and Enhanced" moniker was dropped from marketing.

And for the massive and vibrant community of Grand Theft Auto Online players worldwide, the journey through the ever-evolving, shared world of GTA Online will continue on to the new generation with more new updates including additional GTA Online content exclusive to the new consoles and PC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mathhead said:

I have more pictures of SF and LV for you guys. Enjoy. I wanted to show different weather effects. 

fu3Am6M.jpg

xOPK7R8.jpg

Krv4QUq.jpg

I1Y9H0K.jpg

WML7ldD.jpg

3AaYTgJ.jpg

nCJDWy7.jpg

jENotZ9.jpg

wsj12Oc.jpg

8TWEO1d.jpg

0BUhdhE.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 2

NightmanCometh96

So is it me, or are these games locked at 30FPS regardless of settings? I just tried GTA III on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, and even when lowering the resolution slider to the lowest setting, it looks like the frame rate was never close to 60. It was simply a more consistent 30. I suppose Oliver from Digital Foundry will shed more light on this if/when he gets to covering the new versions.

That said, they're technical marvels considering they're full-fledged UE4 console games on mobile phones (and miles ahead of Grove Street Games's work on the 10th anniversary ports and console/PC versions of the DE). But I've been so spoiled by a decade of PC gaming and performance modes being included in so many 9th Gen titles that going back to 30FPS feels so jarring. Now I'm hoping more than ever that VGD's work doesn't remain forever chained to mobile devices; it would be a disservice to the number of improvements that they've made to these games.

On a side note, I didn't see any option for custom radio/Mixtape option like in the original mobile ports. That's a shame (it would have been a quick, easy workaround to getting the removed songs back), but hopefully they can be patched in on both mobile and PC at some point.

Edited by NightmanCometh96

18 hours ago, NikoBellicSenior said:

This forum loves sh*tting on the new characters models, which are for the most part direct ports/translations of what they were in the original games. 
Tommy in OG Vice City is a blurb of textures, and you can barely see his eyes, in pure, glorious 480p. In the DE, and especially the mobile version, he looks like an arrogant, prick-ish Italian American criminal, with a tan, who lives in Miami. I remember when the DE model was first revealed and people in here were acting like they have never seen what Italians look like.
I understand art is subjective, but when the best thing people have are low res, 360-480p blurbs of textures and they put those on a pedestal, it just all goes back to "Rockstar bad" memes. Nostalgia is a bitch, guys. 

art style>graphics. the old models were low poly textures but they had a consistent artistic style that fit the game and made an attempt to utilize the limited resources available at the time. Now? There’s no excuse for the abominable claymation models they use now. They had every opportunity to take what was made before and create something that was still true to the source material, but recreated and modernized. The new tommy doesn’t even look like the same character. The reason the characters look the way they do now is due to incompetence and corner cutting. It wasn’t really an artistic choice.

DFGL4wQ.png

this is a remastered model made by 

@almico

would it have been impossible to do this? As opposed to this?

spacer.png

I think the studio that has released these new mobile ports have done a decent job trying to remedy grove st games errors. I enjoy the fixes and classic lighting they implemented. It actually seems like they gave a damn about what they were doing. If these upgrades make it to the console versions, I will actually try to pick the game up again and play it.

Edited by REVENGE777

1 hour ago, BS_BlackScout said:

As I have mentioned before, if there is literally no information from higher ups about whether this is coming to other platforms or not, what do you expect the people who communicate to say? Probably not even the devs know whether they have to work on these improvements for PC/Gen9 or not, these are all decisions made much higher in the food chain.

Saying "we don't know" is the same as saying nothing. If the people who communicate don't know whether the powers that be want these improvements to come to other platforms then they can't tell us either lmao. If said powers that be don't want to tell anyone about their plans then they won't know either.

No info = "no community engagement". It's simple as.

What the f*ck would a PR person or a community manager tell us if not even they are able to know whether management wants this on PC/Gen9 or not? "Oh yeah sorry we don't know either", which would bring us to square one, and probably bring more criticism their way. These decisions are made much higher up than any communicators.

It's exactly because R* are NOT an indie studio why we don't get information on every single thing we want. Many times not even communications people know. At all. The people who talk to us sometimes know as much as us is a reality across AAA community and PR departments.

I really want this on Gen9 and PC too but this is not a communications issue, it's higher than that lol. The big ones have to decide before we can get information about it, and I hope they do see the feedback and decide to bring it to us.

• Like 2
  • Conspiracy! 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Now we have:

SA ported to mobile --> mobile port was used for Xbox 360 and PS3 "remaster" --> that "mobile port for consoles" got used as base version for the DE --> and finally, that "DE based on the mobile port for consoles" now got ported to mobile.

Damn. :kekw:

Edited by Mintal

Can anybody confirm that the original weather conditions are back based on my screenshots? Because I think so but I'm not sure since I don't know that well. 

5 minutes ago, Mintal said:

Now we have:

SA ported to mobile --> mobile port was used for Xbox 360 and PS3 "remaster" --> that "mobile port for consoles" got used as base version for the DE --> and finally, that "DE based on the mobile port for consoles" now got ported to mobile.

Damn. :kekw:

now we want the SA ported to mobile that was used for Xbox 360 and PS3 "remaster" that got used as base version for the DE that "DE based on the mobile port for consoles" now got ported to mobile to the console again, with a patch.

• KEKW 3

MrBillySastard

Anyone else having an issue with the download at launch?

It is incompatible with my Galaxy S22 when I go to Play Store but I heard of people sideloading. I went on APKMirror, downloaded, installed, ran and it just won't download. It's just stuck on downloading and then says "download stalled, please check your connection". My connection is fine, it works perfectly.

Screenshot

Edited by MrBillySastard

38 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

It's exactly because R* are NOT an indie studio why we don't get information on every single thing we want. Many times not even communications people know. At all. The people who talk to us sometimes know as much as us is a reality across AAA community and PR departments.

I really want this on Gen9 and PC too but this is not a communications issue, it's higher than that lol. The big ones have to decide before we can get information about it, and I hope they do see the feedback and decide to bring it to us.

To be clear my criticism is aimed at the higher ups making the decisions, not the people running the social media accounts. We already know it's not down to them, I don't think anyone here is making that assertion. 

1 hour ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

So is it me, or are these games locked at 30FPS regardless of settings? I just tried GTA III on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, and even when lowering the resolution slider to the lowest setting, it looks like the frame rate was never close to 60. It was simply a more consistent 30. I suppose Oliver from Digital Foundry will shed more light on this if/when he gets to covering the new versions.

It appears that the games has some frame pacing and stuttering issues, especially while driving - but I wouldn't be surprised if they locked the game at 30FPS anyway. When I played GTA: San Andreas Definitive Edition on PC, playing with an unlocked framerate made some missions impossible to complete. For example, on the mission "Beat Down on B Dup" - the Ballas that run out of the house after the territory is taken over have their firerate of their SMGs tripled, depending on your FPS - so you instantly die the moment the cutscenes ends. I had to lock the FPS to 30 to complete the mission.

Edited by Wheatley
  • Like 2

I don't know anything but when trying to make sense, there were numerous SteamDB updates in the latest months and surprisingly, it says 1.72 on the mobile app page in each game. So this is the continuation of GSG's work. They probably have been working on these since when this year started. A lot of bugs, weird things, and issues are fixed. They implemented new color palette, original weather effects, and also changed a lot of textures. This can't be only for mobile versions. Give me a break lol.

• Like 2

Guys, are you missing the Horn button too? Seems like they forgot to map a touch control for it. Both VC and SA lack it.

3 minutes ago, GtaFanatik said:

Guys, are you missing the Horn button too? Seems like they forgot to map a touch control for it. Both VC and SA lack it.

try to double tap at the middle of screen or hold it for 2 seconds.

RecklessGlue540
3 minutes ago, GtaFanatik said:

GTA 3 teaches you how

1 minute ago, pacik19 said:

try to double tap at the middle of screen or hold it for 2 seconds.

I wonder if the inclusion of the radio wheel button is the reason why the horn isn't mapped to an button and instead requires the double-tap.

I don't know if anyone has done this already but i managed to get GTA SA working on macOS. Since all new Macs are based on ARM, you can "simply" install and run iOS apps natively.. Well, actually it's somewhat complicated since Apple needs the developer to manually allow their apps to run on macOS which none of these games do.

Here are some screenshots in 1080p 16:9:

Spoiler

lSVUtm0.png

RVbrSpf.png

lLnKSwc.png

NHgSTfa.png

a6UIzEG.png

dOzG1w9.png

higqL2P.png

HWSWEOJ.png

HOqxudG.png

9xoBl7n.png

Edited by Gravarty

5 minutes ago, Gravarty said:

I don't know if anyone has done this already but i managed to get GTA SA working on macOS. Since all new Macs are based on ARM, you can "simply" install and run iOS apps natively.. Well, actually it's somewhat complicated since Apple needs the developer to manually allow their apps to run on macOS with none of these games allow.

Hide contents

lSVUtm0.png

RVbrSpf.png

lLnKSwc.png

NHgSTfa.png

a6UIzEG.png

dOzG1w9.png

higqL2P.png

HWSWEOJ.png

HOqxudG.png

9xoBl7n.png

Damn, you could have fooled the community by saying, “Did you guys get the update on PC? I am noticing so many improvements in the latest patch!”

:yee:

1 minute ago, SquoniX said:

Damn, you could have fooled the community by saying, “Did you guys get the update on PC? I am noticing so many improvements in the latest patch!”

:yee:

Haha, yeah, maybe, but the mobile positioned radar would give it away anyway :D.

Keyboard and mouse don't work of course, only controller.

Here's how it looks like in windowed mode:

Spoiler

nvb428H.png

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

2 minutes ago, Gravarty said:

Haha, yeah, maybe, but the mobile positioned radar would give it away anyway :D.

Keyboard and mouse don't work of course, only controller.

Here's how it looks like in windowed mode:

Hide contents

nvb428H.png

The game does look closer in graphics to the PC DE version. 

I saw the mobile and PC DE version side by side and the mobile version is obviously an improvement in some aspects, the resolution and textures are horrible. The best example is Tommy, his shirt is a pixelated mess. Obviously, can’t expect much from a phone. 

Some Vice City character screenshots:

Spoiler

5VmcXZO.png

FZMRa8k.png

vtq6rft.png

Fqfhwdg.png

RI06HS9.png

SKQitZz.png

7OfcTeh.png

rlnO6Wk.png

CA4UEQd.png

hos9OkY.png

mO1XhQM.png

1GFD6Xb.png

Edited by Gravarty

That classic atmosphere option is doing wonders at improving these games. Hopefully they'll bring that option to the PC / console version at some point along with further enhancements. Nothing beats the original PS2 games when it comes to atmosphere, however it is still a nice improvement so I'll give them credit for that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gravarty said:

I don't know if anyone has done this already but i managed to get GTA SA working on macOS. Since all new Macs are based on ARM, you can "simply" install and run iOS apps natively.. Well, actually it's somewhat complicated since Apple needs the developer to manually allow their apps to run on macOS which none of these games do.

Hide contents

lSVUtm0.png

RVbrSpf.png

lLnKSwc.png

NHgSTfa.png

a6UIzEG.png

dOzG1w9.png

higqL2P.png

HWSWEOJ.png

HOqxudG.png

9xoBl7n.png

Can you post some screenshots of the desert at night? I wonder if the purple sky is present

• Like 1