Trilogy Definitive Edition OUT NOW on Mobile via Netflix

Mattmo831

MrBillySastard

Is this version moddable to add the old songs back in? Like the 10th Anniversary versions?

Idk if it's stored on a server or your phone or if it's checked when launched due to it being Netflix and online.

Ok, I don't know if it's my iPad Pro 2020, but there's still a LOT of streaming issues. Textures, PlayDoh models, and lots of seams between textures.

BS_BlackScout
5 hours ago, GameBunny77 said:

It is quite clear that they have fixed the character body models from the side by side comparison above youtube video - the broken neck and the broken shoulder bits from the PC version are are significantly fixed in this new mobile release. Again this is only form the early bits of the game, so I don't know if these fixes are there in the later parts of the mobile version game. I don't have the mobile versions of this new Netflix released Trilogy DE. If you do, please advise. 

spacer.png

Nothing like clicking an inconspicuous SA screenshot and getting warnings from imgur that this may contain "Erotic Imagery" :lmaokek:

Really happy to see that VGD took care of this game. It shows they did their best despite being a small team in Australia.

So maybe while we waiting for PC/Console update VGD is still cooking some improvements/changes? I wish we will get newer version than mobile. 

Also I hope they changed controls in PC version because camera/jetpack controls, etc were so bad implemented.

BS_BlackScout
27 minutes ago, pacik19 said:

So maybe while we waiting for PC/Console update VGD is still cooking some improvements/changes? I wish we will get newer version than mobile. 

Also I hope they changed controls in PC version because camera/jetpack controls, etc were so bad implemented.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they are pulling a good ole PC delay estrategy. Focus on main platforms first then secondary.

MrBillySastard

VGD managed to polish a turd, I thought this version was unfixable. I went back to the originals after playing this and I thought I'd never replay these again.

If they release an update for the consoles and PC versions though, I'll give it another go (With music restoration mods on PC).

Edited by MrBillySastard

14 hours ago, MurphiX_101001 said:

Did I see birds in the sky on the left hand side of the chicken tail at 00:07?

Edited by Mintal
  • Like 3

Netflix had quoted something like "play in anticipated" of the GTA Trilogy, and the original date on Play and App Store was the 15th... 

So, will the patch officially come on the 15th but on mobile people played the new version of the game in anticipated?

It's also good to say that normally she would release it now, at this time, and nothing has happened so far...

• Conspiracy! 1

The lighting and improved fog really makes a difference in SA. I wonder who the hell at GSG thought it'd be a great idea to max out the draw distance without any fog and haze effects to create a sense of depth and distance. Basic artistic stuff they completely messed up. Thankfully those mobile versions improved on that - still not perfect since the draw distance is still too high in my opinion and the missing clouds, volumetric fog and heat haze really take away from the atmosphere, but that lighting stuff is a vast improvement over the sh*tty console and PC versions.

spacer.png

Really day and night. Also that yellow haze in that Rider cutscene looks good:

spacer.png

Screens are taken from a Youtube video obviously.

I wonder if they re-included the individual artistic and atmospheric effects SA originally had in it's different biomes.

Edited by Mintal

6 minutes ago, Mintal said:

The lighting and improved fog really makes a difference in SA. I wonder who the hell at GSG thought it'd be a great idea to max out the draw distance without any fog and haze effects to create a sense of depth and distance. Basic artistic stuff they completely messed up. Thankfully those mobile versions improved on that - still not perfect since the draw distance is still too high in my opinion and the missing clouds, volumetric fog and heat haze really take away from the atmosphere, but that lighting stuff is a vast improvement over the sh*tty console and PC versions.

spacer.png

Really day and night. Also that yellow haze in that Rider cutscene looks good:

spacer.png

Screens are taken from a Youtube video obviously.

I wonder if they re-included the individual artistic and atmospheric effects SA originally had in it's different biomes.

Managed to sneak in San Fierro and the lighting was more white/blue, compared to the orange of Los Santos. The forest area is also in this greenish fog. Rain is using grey atmosphere, sometimes dark during thunderstorms. It's beautiful. One thing I couldn't do is to check if environmental sounds were back

• Like 4

BS_BlackScout
37 minutes ago, HenryXS said:

Netflix had quoted something like "play in anticipated" of the GTA Trilogy, and the original date on Play and App Store was the 15th... 

So, will the patch officially come on the 15th but on mobile people played the new version of the game in anticipated?

It's also good to say that normally she would release it now, at this time, and nothing has happened so far...

It's already Dec 15 and there seems to be no sign of a patch yet.

8 minutes ago, Nawaf said:

Is there any glitches or bugs in the game or it’s fixed?

Don't know if it's hardware related but I had a lot of loading problems (building models, textures...) and way more disjointed textures than on the previous versions

Credits to @Gameinvader.

The new fog (classic lighting is on):

spacer.png

Claude shows the finger to vehicles again:

spacer.png

Claude looks back after bumping into pedestrians again:

spacer.png

Edited by SquoniX

51 minutes ago, Transpulse said:

Managed to sneak in San Fierro and the lighting was more white/blue, compared to the orange of Los Santos. The forest area is also in this greenish fog. Rain is using grey atmosphere, sometimes dark during thunderstorms. It's beautiful. One thing I couldn't do is to check if environmental sounds were back

Oh that's good. Hopefully the desert will have that purple sky again aswell.

Which environmental sounds do you mean? The ocean? Apart from the ocean I didn't realize those sounds were missing in the DE (or in the 360/PS3 mobile remaster which is the same base game).

33 minutes ago, Nawaf said:

Is there any glitches or bugs in the game or it’s fixed?

So the mobile version still has some bugs present in the console/PC DE versions but they have fixed a lot of bugs. 

6 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

The new fog (classic lighting is on):

spacer.png

Claude shows the finger to vehicles again:

spacer.png

Claude looks back after bumping into pedestrians again:

spacer.png

I created this video, thank you for the sharing!😄👊

If you would like to watch the full comparison:
https://youtu.be/S_14OSFeAAk

Just now, Gameinvader said:

My bad, I should not have assumed that the watermark at the bottom right was enough. 

I should have included the link too. 

One question, are the gym mechanics fixed now? I remember they were broken when you tapped the button repeatedly and it was much more dumbed down in the console/PC DE versions. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gameinvader said:

i was about to share this video here right now, congrats for the comparison!

the only feedback i have is that the resolution you used in the mobile is too low

• Like 1

That comparison is really good @Gameinvader.

Another question: What about swimming fast? That was bugged in the 360/PS3 mobile remaster and in the DE, has that been fixed?

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

14 minutes ago, Mintal said:

Oh that's good. Hopefully the desert will have that purple sky again aswell.

Which environmental sounds do you mean? The ocean? Apart from the ocean I didn't realize those sounds were missing in the DE (or in the 360/PS3 mobile remaster which is the same base game).

Yeah just the ocean really.

I don't have the will to play the full game on an iPad so I won't be able to go as far as LV, but I hope it's different enough :)

9 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

My bad, I should not have assumed that the watermark at the bottom right was enough. 

I should have included the link too. 

One question, are the gym mechanics fixed now? I remember they were broken when you tapped the button repeatedly and it was much more dumbed down in the console/PC DE versions. 

To be honest I didn’t try yet, bet I will and we will see🙂

5 minutes ago, HenryXS said:

i was about to share this video here right now, congrats for the comparison!

the only feedback i have is that the resolution you used in the mobile is too low

Thank you!👊

It was the full resolution, but I made a mistake and started the recording in vertical mode before start the game on my iPhone and unfortunately the recording is a little bit worse.

9 minutes ago, Mintal said:

That comparison is really good @Gameinvader.

Another question: What about swimming fast? That was bugged in the 360/PS3 mobile remaster and in the DE, has that been fixed?

Maybe a little bit faster, but slower than in the Original.

The fog in SA has a greenish tint that doesn't look good sometimes, I feel like I'm watching a matrix movie lol

Edited by diperro

I have more pictures of SF and LV for you guys. Enjoy. I wanted to show different weather effects. 

fu3Am6M.jpg

xOPK7R8.jpg

Krv4QUq.jpg

I1Y9H0K.jpg

WML7ldD.jpg

3AaYTgJ.jpg

nCJDWy7.jpg

jENotZ9.jpg

wsj12Oc.jpg

8TWEO1d.jpg

0BUhdhE.jpg

I wish Rockstar would put some effort into community engagement (beyond GTA Online). I'd be perfectly content to wait for these changes to come to console/PC if I at least knew they were coming. At the moment we can only speculate, and based on past experience it's likely they won't bother to update the console/PC versions. 

They could solve that with a simple tweet. I doubt we have the numbers (and it's possible it would go unanswered no matter the number), but I do wonder if a big enough community push for info would prompt them to address it via socials or the newswire. 

Edited by jdfsociety

Just now, mathhead said:

I have more pictures of SF and LV for you guys. Enjoy. I wanted to show different weather effects. 

fu3Am6M.jpg

xOPK7R8.jpg

Krv4QUq.jpg

I1Y9H0K.jpg

WML7ldD.jpg

3AaYTgJ.jpg

nCJDWy7.jpg

jENotZ9.jpg

wsj12Oc.jpg

8TWEO1d.jpg

0BUhdhE.jpg

I would have not believed if someone told me a few years ago that this is a screenshot of a mobile game. 

You basically have a game at your fingertips which spans throughout an entire state, from the mysterious and misty Mount Chilliad to the sparkly lights of Las Venturas to finally fighting hood rats in Ganton all the while you are cozed up playing under a blanket. 

• Like 4