Trilogy Definitive Edition OUT NOW on Mobile via Netflix

Mattmo831

53 minutes ago, FamousActor_ said:

Is it realistic to expect these changes for consoles or am I dreaming too big?

well, many people are expecting 60fps patch for RDR2 on PS5/XSeries and E&E version of GTA V for PC

honestly, this is the best comparison of the DE Mobile vs PC, here we can see the changes, like the RIG that are finally fixed in Ryder and Cj.

• Like 1

Sorry to regurgitate any information that was repeated here, but I'd like share what I've seen so far.

Started up GTA III on my iPhone 15 Pro Max just now and I have to say: visually, this is a great improvement over the console versions. It genuinely looks like the remaster we should have originally gotten. I jacked the resolution all the way up and I can't stress how good it looks in comparison. I still have the 10th Anniversary version and there's a big difference in controls, which I'm not used to (I play the anniversary version when I have some free time on my phone.) Collisions seem to be a lot better. Small stutters here and there and audio hella glitches when things get intense, but I imagine patches will fix those. The new explosion sounds aren't great. And, this is a huge thing for me, but the same PC cheats work, so I immediately fired up riot mode (ITSALLGOINGMAAAD + WEAPONSFORALL) and it's awesome. Hoping for cross-save functionality with the console versions at least, because I don't think I can stomach doing a 100% save again😂

NikoBellicSenior
20 minutes ago, Moncastler said:

The difference in SA is night and day, 2 completely different games. Shame for the poor character models though, I don't see many improvements from the original DE.

This forum loves sh*tting on the new characters models, which are for the most part direct ports/translations of what they were in the original games. 
Tommy in OG Vice City is a blurb of textures, and you can barely see his eyes, in pure, glorious 480p. In the DE, and especially the mobile version, he looks like an arrogant, prick-ish Italian American criminal, with a tan, who lives in Miami. I remember when the DE model was first revealed and people in here were acting like they have never seen what Italians look like.
I understand art is subjective, but when the best thing people have are low res, 360-480p blurbs of textures and they put those on a pedestal, it just all goes back to "Rockstar bad" memes. Nostalgia is a bitch, guys. 

Edited by NikoBellicSenior
  • Best Bru 1
  • Bruh 1
  • KekCringe 1

BS_BlackScout

The Ideal Homies Store near Grove now has a 3D Sign. There are model changes...

Can someone check Tuff Nut?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NikoBellicSenior said:

This forum loves sh*tting on the new characters models, which are for the most part direct ports/translations of what they were in the original games. 
Tommy in OG Vice City is a blurb of textures, and you can barely see his eyes, in pure, glorious 480p. In the DE, and especially the mobile version, he looks like an arrogant, prick-ish Italian American criminal, with a tan, who lives in Miami. I remember when the DE model was first revealed and people in here were acting like they have never seen what Italians look like.
I understand art is subjective, but when the best thing people have are low res, 360-480p blurbs of textures and they put those on a pedestal, it just all goes back to "Rockstar bad" memes. 

you're comparing the old models with the new one?

man, it looks like fortnite and like you said, now it looks different, and that's not a remake trilogy, we want the same models with a better quality and more polygons, not a reimagination of those models in a fornite style or new shapes.

• Bruh 1

Just now, HenryXS said:

honestly, this is the best comparison of the DE Mobile vs PC, here we can see the changes, like the RIG that are finally fixed in Ryder and Cj.

LMAO at 1:45

Screenshot from my iPhone 13 Pro Max

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

ya idk if anyone could tell but graphics looks slightly either blurry or a little lower. This is the Netflix version of the game (if that matters) 

Edited by Bobby600

NikoBellicSenior
34 minutes ago, Bobby600 said:

Screenshot from my iPhone 13 Pro Max

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

ya idk if anyone could tell but graphics looks slightly either blurry or a little lower. This is the Netflix version of the game (if that matters) 

Not sure if you did this, but each time you start the game, always go to Options and check your resolution. I noticed it always go back to the middle value (maybe to save battery), but if you crank the resolution scaling all the way up the graphics are super clear and not blurry. I noticed a few comparisons on YouTube did not do this. 
The way it works is that the value in the middle for "resolution" is basically performance and if you crank it up all the way up it is fidelity, and that is when you get super HD textures and image quality. It's night and day, and if you have a powerful enough smartphone you can get PC quality graphics on fidelity (and all the other improvements this version has). 

sankalppateriya

Now if the developers can fix the models of the characters and peds and add stuff that's still missing or is not fixed, that would make these games a lot better compared to PC DE. Maybe they can fix controls too and make it more like the original PS2/ PC versions. Man I wish we get a proper remaster some day. So much stuff is hidden in game files of the game that's unused as it was a limitation of PS2, now they can put that all in as we don't have any restrictions or limitations wet to graphics power. That would be actual remaster.

NikoBellicSenior
6 minutes ago, sankalppateriya said:

Now if the developers can fix the models of the characters and peds and add stuff that's still missing or is not fixed, that would make these games a lot better compared to PC DE. Maybe they can fix controls too and make it more like the original PS2/ PC versions. Man I wish we get a proper remaster some day. So much stuff is hidden in game files of the game that's unused as it was a limitation of PS2, now they can put that all in as we don't have any restrictions or limitations wet to graphics power. That would be actual remaster.

The original controls are garbage compared to the DE version. Shooting mechanics those days were as loose as it gets. Nostalgia is bitch #2. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NikoBellicSenior said:

Not sure if you did this, but each time you start the game, always go to Options and check your resolution. I noticed it always go back to the middle value (maybe to save battery), but if you crank the resolution scaling all the way up the graphics are super clear and not blurry. I noticed a few comparisons on YouTube did not do this. 
The way it works is that the value in the middle for "resolution" is basically performance and if you crank it up all the way up it is fidelity, and that is when you get super HD textures and image quality. It's night and day, and if you have a powerful enough smartphone you can get PC quality graphics on fidelity (and all the other improvements this version has). 

Oh ok, I have no clue that this was default I had everything off on my iPhone that lowers power

The Triology Definitive Edition finally became available to my region last night. I installed it early in the morning and had a change to play GTA3 before work. Here's my initital impressions:

• First thing you'll see over the 10th Anniversary Mobile port would be the game contain improved visuals, just like the PC. Stuff like better lighting and hd textures, better draw distance and features similar to GTA V (read controls).
  • While there were a ton of issues to the PC/Console ports of the DE, some stuff are actually better on mobile version, such as elements like fog and lighting which are noticably buggy on the former.
  • Controls: One word. INSUFFICIENT. Classic versions had less of them, while DE adds a ton of stuff, it's not possible to accomodate those on smaller screens such as a smartphone. There are ways to re-position these and improve camera and draw distance to have a better experience but you are left gasping for the controller experience, that simply won't cut it on a regular phone unless you have something like a ROG.
  • Random frame drops while driving in car. Yes, even on a flagship like S21 with a SD 888 & Adreno 660, I could feel frame lags/drops on max settings. Mind you, these aren't weaker specs by any means and can run most demanding games without any issues for me. My guess is that the game needs more optimization.

Overall, I think that it's a huge win for Netflix's platform and accessible for as less as $2/month here in India, making it quite cheaper to be available on a mobile device, over buying it from Google Play Store.

Edited by Jimmy

0rTqlCW.png

Intel Core i5-12400F | MSI MAG Z790 ACE | Adata XPG Gammix D30 16GB 3200MHz CL16
Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 80 Plus | MSI MAG FORGE M100A | ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super EVO V2 OC | Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SATA SSD
WD Blue™ SATA SSD M.2 2280 500GB | Western Digital 1TB HDD | Cooler Master Hyper T20 CPU Air Cooler

NikoBellicSenior
47 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The Triology Definitive Edition finally became available to my region last night. I installed it early in the morning and had a change to play GTA3 before work. Here's my initital impressions:

• First thing you'll see over the 10th Anniversary Mobile port would be the game contain improved visuals, just like the PC. Stuff like better lighting and hd textures, better draw distance and features similar to GTA V (read controls).
  • While there were a ton of issues to the PC/Console ports of the DE, some stuff are actually better on mobile version, such as elements like fog and lighting which are noticably buggy on the former.
  • Controls: One word. INSUFFICIENT. Classic versions had less of them, while DE adds a ton of stuff, it's not possible to accomodate those on smaller screens such as a smartphone. There are ways to re-position these and improve camera and draw distance to have a better experience but you are left gasping for the controller experience, that simply won't cut it on a regular phone unless you have something like a ROG.
  • Random frame drops while driving in car. Yes, even on a flagship like S21 with a SD 888 & Adreno 660, I could feel frame lags/drops on max settings. Mind you, these aren't weaker specs by any means and can run most demanding games without any issues for me. My guess is that the game needs more optimization.

Overall, I think that it's a huge win for Netflix's platform and accessible for as less as $2/month here in India, making it quite cheaper to be available on a mobile device, over buying it from Google Play Store.

Great post. 

On optimization, I disagree. This is probably one of, if not the most demanding native mobile game someone can play today. This is effectively an open world game running on Unreal Engine 4, with graphics on max settings comparable to the PC version maxed out. You should not be able to run something like this on a S21 at total max settings, which is powered by an older Snapdragon, compared to new phones like the the S23 or OnePlus11. This is effectively not a mobile game running on mobile, and to be quite honest, I think it is kind of incredible that they managed to have something that looks like this running on a decent number of mid-range to high-end phones. 
This is what the resolution scaling setting in the game is for. If you lower the resolution, you will gain performance and have no drops. Of course, further optimization is always welcome, but I think we should be fair with expectations considering the complexity of the game, and the massive difference between Snapdragon Gen 1 and Gen 2, which is a game-changer in the mobile gaming space. 
I think it is awesome that we are starting to see huge, full-fledged console/PC games ported to mobile with massive complexity, and that is because of the incredible progress made by this tech in the last few years. I just finished playing Rainbow Six Mobile on my OnePlus 11, which I actually prefer to the PC version, and even then, while super impressed with what I consider one of the best shooters on mobile, its complexity does not even touch what the GTA Trilogy provides. It is super impressive.  

They actually made these games look good, if only they brought these changes to the PS5, XSX and PC versions too.

So far I couldn't make compatibility on any platform. On my phone, the games are incompatible. On my other devices, Netflix is incompatible.

Bugs still present:

• The altitude bug, where the bar only goes up to the first level and not the second while using airplanes and parachutes is still present.
  • The stunt plane still has very faint or absent crop dust.
  • The heat haze is also not present like in the original games.
  • The camera is still locked while using the jet. It should be freely moveable.
  • The fog only seems to be present on the ground, the map still looks awkward high up in the air (I used max settings).
Edited by SquoniX

Cluckin Bell CEO
5 hours ago, HenryXS said:

Nice so they did improve some of the atmosphere huh

Now they should patch this in to the Console and PC versions too

• Like 2

It is quite clear that they have fixed the character body models from the side by side comparison above youtube video - the broken neck and the broken shoulder bits from the PC version are are significantly fixed in this new mobile release. Again this is only form the early bits of the game, so I don't know if these fixes are there in the later parts of the mobile version game. I don't have the mobile versions of this new Netflix released Trilogy DE. If you do, please advise. 

spacer.png

Cluckin Bell CEO

OG atmosphere is back let's go...

OhdOuW0.png

Well now it's only 50% crap compared to the original releases. I wonder when they fix the rest? LOL

• Like 3

Jezus Holy Christ
57 minutes ago, Darth_Cruiser said:

OG atmosphere is back let's go...

OhdOuW0.png

This one looks great, are you sure it's from the Netflix mobile release? The fence texture looks like the PS2 one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

FModel.

Thanks.

Took a quick glance at the 0Day Versions (29.11.23) but even these seem to contain no files that shouldnt be there :(

Diffing the Release Day version with the 0Day version could be interesting 🤔

30 minutes ago, Jezus Holy Christ said:

This one looks great, are you sure it's from the Netflix mobile release? The fence texture looks like the PS2 one.

Of course it's PS2/PC SkyGfx version, lmao

Weather effects in SA are finally good, even if, like in stormy weather, the sky and game change brightness every ten seconds or so lol