Trilogy Definitive Edition OUT NOW on Mobile via Netflix

Mattmo831

NightmanCometh96
43 minutes ago, chnlk said:

This is great! But... What took them 2 years?

I'm guessing Grove Street Games was originally tasked with handling the mobile ports when they were still scheduled for the first half of 2022. But they were probably taken off the project once the console/PC versions released and it became clear that there were fundamental issues with the DE and their work on it (hence, their eventual removal from the codebase around October 2022). EDIT: In hindsight, I have no clue how Rockstar’s QA missed all of those problems (both graphical and technical), nor why Take-Two deemed the Trilogy good enough to release in the poor state that it was at launch (and, to an extent, still is on consoles and PC), but what do I know?

Some internal R* team seems to have handled the interim patches (at least, that's how I interpreted @Ash_735's comment a few pages back), while the mobile versions were given to Video Games Deluxe. I imagine much of the two year gap between consoles/PC and mobile was due to all of the under-the-hood improvements that were being made, in addition to transitioning the project from GSG to VGD.

Edited by NightmanCometh96

I think VGD also worked on LA Noire port, which was good. No wonder they did their homework and made good mobile ports.

• Like 2

Idk if it’s just me but it feels like on older iPhones the graphics seem textures are low (I am on iPhone 13 Pro Max)

Edited by Bobby600

MurphiX_101001

Some ss from my way to the ship to check the collisions! They seem to have been fixed but note the misalignment on the map :)

They even fixed the collisions in the little shop in Little Havana where you can pick up the outfit later in the game!spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

No more floating here either!

spacer.png

Edited by MurphiX_101001
Added more ss from Little Havana and airport

NikoBellicSenior

Played some Vice City and San Andreas at max settings and just wow, this is one hell of a port. I cannot believe that I am playing these games, at these graphic settings, with Unreal Engine particles and effects, and having such a great experience, even without a controller. This is definitely gonna be my go-to mobile game collection, and there is so much content to go through. 

It is pretty incredible to have these high quality versions on the go. 

• Like 3

I'm hoping the console/PC versions get these changes too...BUT, just in case they don't - how likely is it that these new versions may receive additional support post-release that makes them compatible with more devices?

Guessing we can only speculate at this point, just curious what you guys think. 

Edited by jdfsociety
  • Like 5

So they released sh*tty version on consoles/PC, did almost nothing to fix it, and then released fixed & better version only on phones? Like, it does not make any sense, i understand if the game is console exclusive, but only phones? 
I hope changes will be applied for other versions too. It sucks, kinda feel rejected.🤦‍♂️

NikoBellicSenior
6 minutes ago, jdfsociety said:

I'm hoping the console/PC versions get these changes too...BUT, just in case they don't - how likely is it that these new versions may receive additional support post-release that makes them compatible with more devices?

I think it is likely and possible. I think that with gaming being such a money maker on mobile devices, these games printing money for Rockstar, and the hype for GTA VI, Take Two will have to take a look at the possibility of expanding this to more customers. On mobile, $20 for a high quality game like this (when on most free to play games $20 is the price of a skin) is a pretty decent price when looking at whales that are spending hundreds and thousands on Candy Crush lol
This collection will have huge legs on mobile for years to come and Take Two likes $$$

1 minute ago, Arkasha_Kaz said:

So they released sh*tty version on consoles/PC, did almost nothing to fix it, and then released fixed & better version only on phones? Like, it does not make any sense, i understand if the game is console exclusive, but only phones? 
I hope changes will be applied for other versions too. It sucks, kinda feel rejected.🤦‍♂️

In the mind of a multi-billion dollar corporation, and I am not saying that it is morally right, they already got $$$ from PC and console customers. This thing sold over 20 million copies there, and that is the units # for a big, successful Call of Duty game. It is probably much higher now as well, 'cause that was an old number. 
Now, they want people to double or triple dip on mobile. Rockstar does the same thing with their mainline games. People will have to double dip to play on PC, and will have to triple dip to play the game on PS6, etc. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NikoBellicSenior said:

I think it is likely and possible. I think that with gaming being such a money maker on mobile devices, these games printing money for Rockstar, and the hype for GTA VI, Take Two will have to take a look at the possibility of expanding this to more customers. On mobile, $20 for a high quality game like this (when on most free to play games $20 is the price of a skin) is a pretty decent price when looking at whales that are spending hundreds and thousands on Candy Crush lol
This collection will have huge legs on mobile for years to come and Take Two likes $$$

In the mind of a multi-billion dollar corporation, and I am not saying that it is morally right, they already got $$$ from PC and console customers. This thing sold over 20 million copies there, and that is the units # for a big, successful Call of Duty game. It is probably much higher now as well, 'cause that was an old number. 
Now, they want people to double or triple dip on mobile. Rockstar does the same thing with their mainline games. People will have to double dip to play on PC, and will have to triple dip to play the game on PS6, etc. 

Yeah, but i was ready to buy if they fixed PC version too, i am sure not me alone. Also, i don't like the mobile gaming, Even if i have good phone, i prefer PC. 
IMO they'll make more money by releasing better versions to console/PC.

MurphiX_101001
5 minutes ago, Arkasha_Kaz said:

I personally think there are already too many decent fixes included to limit their release just to the mobile versions. Way more people play on consoles and PC and it is likely these improvements are easily portable to those versions.

I may be on the minority here but I still can't get over the art style, specifically ped models. I can't take Tommy seriously with that fortnite-styled face

Edited by diperro
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

MurphiX_101001

I like the fact the camera now acts just like in San Andreas, see video. I don't like its behaviour in DE on PC - it seems glued to the car.

Bike physics still simplified though - you can reverse as fast as you want without falling off.

New garage door sound instead of the original one looped:

GTAIII:

GTA VC:

GTA SA - Big Hangar Door where AT-400 is - still not fixed 😆:

Giant Cock near abandoned airport is animated:

Edited by MurphiX_101001

Is it realistic to expect these changes for consoles or am I dreaming too big?

They could give us this information at least.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, FamousActor_ said:

:kekw: This ir R*, forget the word "information" with them.
People were searching information on the moon to get at least something lol.

Edited by Arkasha_Kaz
  • Like 5

NightmanCometh96
22 minutes ago, FamousActor_ said:

Is it realistic to expect these changes for consoles or am I dreaming too big?

It could go either way. But going by the last few years (particularly their treatment of PC) I would not put it past R* to keep the VGD-developed updates exclusive to mobile devices, while leaving other platforms to rot with GSG’s original mess.

Hmm. It’s almost as if R* needs to do a better job at communicating with the fans about these things… 🤔

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 4

RecklessGlue540

GTA Series Videos comparison here:

Much more darker than the other versions. More colorful as well.

Edited by RecklessGlue540

2 hours ago, PoisonIvy said:

How can I extract the pak chunks?

FModel.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

TheOriginalGunslinger
1 hour ago, diperro said:

I may be on the minority here but I still can't get over the art style, specifically ped models. I can't take Tommy seriously with that fortnite-styled face

I always wished they made his face similar to his OG look for the Definitive Edition version

spacer.png

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Realistic Steak! 3

11 minutes ago, RecklessGlue540 said:

GTA Series Videos comparison here:

Much more darker than the other versions. More colorful as well.

The difference in SA is night and day, 2 completely different games. Shame for the poor character models though, I don't see many improvements from the original DE.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Anyone got pics of that beautiful looking purple sky that’s out in the desert sometimes? Always loved that atmosphere out in Bone County cruising to K-DST

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1