Forum bloat

les999

How about getting rid of most of the pinned posts so we can see new posts more easily?

It's hard to find new posts as they are mostly hidden in old threads with hundreds or even thousands of replies. 

Not sure what your issue is personally lol.

That subforum, on desktop, shows something like 20+ threads along with the 6 or so pinned threads. The pinned threads are forum staples that are always active or news threads relating to content updates or the current bonuses.

Unpinning them wouldn't achieve anything really.

• Like 1

7 pinned threads plus 16 threads from more than a year ago and 16 from this year, most of these being several months old. 

It's so over managed it looks like a dead forum. Who would want to add to a years old thread?

12 minutes ago, les999 said:

7 pinned threads plus 16 threads from more than a year ago and 16 from this year, most of these being several months old. 

You... do realise that all of them, especially the 16, are still heavily active, hence the fact that they are listed on the top of the page, yes? Are you just looking at the topic creation dates and not the date of the last post?

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Yea those years old threads are literally some of the most active on the forum.

I think you might be confusing a traditional forum with reddit or something, on forums years old threads are standard lol.

The problem is that unlike most forums where new threads are encouraged and old ones are allowed to quietly slip down the pages into oblivion, this one hangs on to the old threads so on the surface the forums look dead. 

If you like it that way that's fine for you but for me it just makes it harder to see the recent content. 

Edited by les999

You are aware that threads are organised by the date of the last post made in them? Like...literally every other forum on the internet?

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

2 hours ago, sivispacem said:

You are aware that threads are organised by the date of the last post made in them? Like...literally every other forum on the internet?

Yes but that's not related to my post

2 hours ago, les999 said:

Yes but that's not related to my post

It rather is, but in case you are unable to discern the fairly obvious indicators of how old a thread is and how many posts it has in it:

Top right -> Sort By -> Custom Sort -> Start Date

Untitled.png

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

OK so it seems that all the replies are suggesting I don't understand how forums work or I should do xyz workarounds to improve the experience.  

Perhaps some of you should look at some other forums and see how different they are. Denying a problem exists doesn't make it go away. 

Point to a forum which, by default order threads by anything other than "last posted in".

When only one person sees the purported problem, and everyone else is somewhere between confused and befuddled by their comments, it doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to work out where the "problem" lies. 

By what metric do you think threads should be arranged on the forum?

Untitled-1.jpg