Jump to content

GTA V Radio Moding


UserInvalid

Recommended Posts

Does anyone understand radio modding in GTA V? I want to add some new songs there, I was able to figure out everything except two parameters:

1:

 

  <Item type="SimpleSound">
   <Name>[Some kind of hash]</Name>

 

What should the name "Simple Sound" be? he has an unknown hash, I used the Airwaves mod as a basis, I want to improve it, this is how the adorn song looks like this parameter

  <Item type="SimpleSound">
   <Name>hash_6104A98D</Name>

 

I used a hash generator in OpenIV and I failed to get the hash "6104A98D" I spent about 40 minutes on it, I tried many names, but still none of the names matched the hash "6104A98D"

 

2:

How does the game determine the number of samples? I tried a lot of options, but I still didn't understand how it works, by the way, I tried to add an audio file with the song R-Cali to UE4, then saved it and opened it using Fmodel, and it states that it has 6512639.5 samples, but the file with the original song states that it has 6497792 samples.

 

 

I will be very glad if someone knows how it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bruhology_978

You don't need to have the <Name> part to be hashes, it could be just the name of the song. This is an example of how I did it  

</Item>
  <Item type="StreamingSound">
   <Name>white_wedding</Name>
   <Header>
    <Flags value="0x0180C001" />
    <Flags2 value="0xAA90AAAA" />
    <DopplerFactor value="0" />
    <Category>hash_45EB536F</Category>
    <Unk20 value="0" />
    <Unk21 value="1" />
   </Header>
   <Duration value="244218" />
   <ChildSounds>
    <Item>white_wedding_left</Item>
    <Item>white_wedding_right</Item>
   </ChildSounds>
  </Item>
  <Item type="SimpleSound">
   <Name>white_wedding_left</Name>
   <Header>
    <Flags value="0x00800040" />
    <Pan value="307" />
    <Unk20 value="0" />
   </Header>
   <ContainerName>dlc_radio_01_class_rock/white_wedding</ContainerName>
   <FileName>white_wedding_left</FileName>
   <WaveSlotIndex value="0" />
  </Item>
  <Item type="SimpleSound">
   <Name>white_wedding_right</Name>
   <Header>
    <Flags value="0x00800040" />
    <Pan value="53" />
    <Unk20 value="0" />
   </Header>
   <ContainerName>dlc_radio_01_class_rock/white_wedding</ContainerName>
   <FileName>white_wedding_right</FileName>
   <WaveSlotIndex value="0" />
  </Item>

and for what I believe of what you are asking for the samples part, it's where you have to select the part of the song where it doesn't of lyrics yet (I'm sorry if this isn't clear enough, I'm horrible in explaining things) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bruhology_978 said:

and for what I believe of what you are asking for the samples part, it's where you have to select the part of the song where it doesn't of lyrics yet (I'm sorry if this isn't clear enough, I'm horrible in explaining things) 

I do not know how to determine the time by samples, how much will be 1 minute in samples, etc.

Edited by UserInvalid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bruhology_978
42 minutes ago, UserInvalid said:

I do not know how to determine the time by samples, how much will be 1 minute in samples, etc.

If you have Audacity you can put in your song and look at the timestamp with the sample option, one way is to first select the "seconds+miliseconds" option and then click the little tool next to it and select "start and length of selection" what this will do is show the seconds of the selection of your desire. If you already have the selected seconds that you want the radio DJ to talk over, go back and select the "samples" option (only select samples, do not click on the other ones because it will make the DJ talk during the middle of the song) I recommend going to the audio files and look at the audio files of when the DJ is talking and look how long it takes, if the longest audio file is 7 seconds, make sure that the selection is also 7 seconds or 8 if you want to be more safe, do the same for the near ending of the song, and you should be set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Bruhology_978 said:

If you have Audacity you can put in your song and look at the timestamp with the sample option, one way is to first select the "seconds+miliseconds" option and then click the little tool next to it and select "start and length of selection" what this will do is show the seconds of the selection of your desire. If you already have the selected seconds that you want the radio DJ to talk over, go back and select the "samples" option (only select samples, do not click on the other ones because it will make the DJ talk during the middle of the song) I recommend going to the audio files and look at the audio files of when the DJ is talking and look how long it takes, if the longest audio file is 7 seconds, make sure that the selection is also 7 seconds or 8 if you want to be more safe, do the same for the near ending of the song, and you should be set.

Thanks, it worked, all my new songs work in the game, but is there an easier way to find out where I should add these "beat" and "rockout"? I've tried a lot of options but still the song is distorted [the original audio file works fine].

 

 

What kind of strange technologies that weren't even in GTA IV, everything is easy and simple in GTA IV, I just didn't understand how to make a working ZiT! line for songs, but in GTA V everything is very easy with this.

Edited by UserInvalid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bruhology_978
Quote

Thanks, it worked, all my new songs work in the game, but is there an easier way to find out where I should add these "beat" and "rockout"? I've tried a lot of options but still the song is distorted [the original audio file works fine].

For the "beat", I unfortunately don't know what that does, so I just leave it as it is. The "Rockout" part is what I'm guessing is when the characters (Michael, Trevor, and Franklin) start bopping their heads to the song or straight up dancing inside their car. This only happens when they are idle inside whatever vehicle they're in, I believe. What I'm guessing is that if you want them to "rockout" to your music then do the same steps as before but do it in the middle of the song like when the beat drops or something like right in the middle. I haven't really messed with the "rockout" section, so I don't know if they will actually rock out to the music but try it and see if they do rock out to your music.

 

Also, if your song is distorted, I'm guessing you did it all in a mono audio file which is the right step, but I'm assuming that you didn't separate the Left and right audio, so your music is all bunched up together and that's why it's distorted. So, what you want to do is choose the song that you want to add. Do what you gotta do with it so it sounds nice in game, but before you export the audio file, what you want to do is to click on the name of the song next to the down arrow and select on the "split stereo track" option, and it will split to two audio files, one is the left audio of your song and the right audio of your song. You then click on the "select" button on the left side of the song and click on "solo". This will mute the right side of your song. After that, you go up and click on the "tracks" option and then click on "Mix" and then "Mix and Render". This will make it like a stereo file for, but only the left side will play. Then, you click again on the "Tracks" option and then the "mix" option again, but now you will click on the "Mix Stereo down to mono" option and this will make your selected left side of the audio now into a mono audio file like the name suggests. It will at first show that your audio is at a low volume, what you wanna do now is go to the effects section and look for the "Amplify" option, click it and modify the volume of your song to your liking. I recommend you to lower the recommended volume that the amplify suggests you to use. (For example: if your amplify shows numbers like this "6.081" I recommend you to make the first number lower like this "5.081" so only change the first number to its lower counterpart so it's not too loud or too quiet) after that, you now export you selected audio file which should be the left side of your song. For the right side you do the same steps and after editing the audios you do the rest of the custom music process, and you should be good. Your song should not be distorted anymore, and you can enjoy your song playing in your favorite radio station like how I'm doing it with Vinewood Boulevard Radio with Black Sheep by Metric a good song and fits the station in my opinion :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2023 at 11:35 PM, Bruhology_978 said:

For the "beat", I unfortunately don't know what that does, so I just leave it as it is. The "Rockout" part is what I'm guessing is when the characters (Michael, Trevor, and Franklin) start bopping their heads to the song or straight up dancing inside their car. This only happens when they are idle inside whatever vehicle they're in, I believe. What I'm guessing is that if you want them to "rockout" to your music then do the same steps as before but do it in the middle of the song like when the beat drops or something like right in the middle. I haven't really messed with the "rockout" section, so I don't know if they will actually rock out to the music but try it and see if they do rock out to your music.

 

Also, if your song is distorted, I'm guessing you did it all in a mono audio file which is the right step, but I'm assuming that you didn't separate the Left and right audio, so your music is all bunched up together and that's why it's distorted. So, what you want to do is choose the song that you want to add. Do what you gotta do with it so it sounds nice in game, but before you export the audio file, what you want to do is to click on the name of the song next to the down arrow and select on the "split stereo track" option, and it will split to two audio files, one is the left audio of your song and the right audio of your song. You then click on the "select" button on the left side of the song and click on "solo". This will mute the right side of your song. After that, you go up and click on the "tracks" option and then click on "Mix" and then "Mix and Render". This will make it like a stereo file for, but only the left side will play. Then, you click again on the "Tracks" option and then the "mix" option again, but now you will click on the "Mix Stereo down to mono" option and this will make your selected left side of the audio now into a mono audio file like the name suggests. It will at first show that your audio is at a low volume, what you wanna do now is go to the effects section and look for the "Amplify" option, click it and modify the volume of your song to your liking. I recommend you to lower the recommended volume that the amplify suggests you to use. (For example: if your amplify shows numbers like this "6.081" I recommend you to make the first number lower like this "5.081" so only change the first number to its lower counterpart so it's not too loud or too quiet) after that, you now export you selected audio file which should be the left side of your song. For the right side you do the same steps and after editing the audios you do the rest of the custom music process, and you should be good. Your song should not be distorted anymore, and you can enjoy your song playing in your favorite radio station like how I'm doing it with Vinewood Boulevard Radio with Black Sheep by Metric a good song and fits the station in my opinion :)

Thanks, but I was already able to fix all my songs myself, I just moved this "beat" parameter by changing its value to 0 and the songs are now playing correctly.

 

And I would also be glad if someone knows how GTA IV defines the text [I know I'm asking here about modding the radio from GTA V]

 

Let's take, for example, the song Pruit Igoe from The Journey radio, the latest in the OAF apparently, the hash of the text

TgiwTK.png

 

And here is the text itself in GXT

FwpKjp.png

and

46DYg0.png

 

And I don't understand how it works, I want my new songs and radio stations added to GTA IV using Parik audio tool to have working ZiT lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.