Jump to content

Is this game really that hard?


zlzgr

Recommended Posts

I have always heard that excluding the top down games, this(and sometimes also vcs) is the hardest GTA game by far. I finished the storyline missions recently for the first time and honestly it wasn't that hard.

 

Yeah, the hostile gangs(especially Saint Marks), lack of bail out of car and the limited view in cars make it harder than other games. But is it really that hard?

Even the so-called hardrst missions like Grand Theft Aero, Espresso 2 Go and Bomb Da Base weren't that hard for me.

It is not that the game was easy, yeah I failed some missions more than once, but I think people exaggerate about the dificulty of this game.

 

But maybe it wasn't that hard for me because I played on pc and not ps2,psp or phone?  I know Bomb Da Base is much harder in them but Idk about the rest.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darth_Cruiser

It's mainly hard because of the controls and the camera movement

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legomanarthur

I don't really think the game is that difficult too. I consider VCS to be way more difficult than III despite being the more recent entry of the two.

 

GTA III's gameplay is dated that's for sure and some elements can be viewed as quite unfair for some, like the shotgun/M16 being an instant-death if you're not careful, the lack of map in the menu as well as blips not showing if they're higher or lower than your current position, or how fragile vehicles are, just to name a few examples. I think it's fair to find the game more difficult on console because of the more clunky controls like the aiming and the lack of camera movement.

But other than that, I think the game isn't as difficult as some people make it out to be, it has its challenges of course but to call it the hardest GTA is an overstatement in my opinion, regardless of the platform.

  • Like 2

fJEUkTi.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cant remember

I don't find GTA3 particularly hard but I could be biased because I've played this game so much, I know exactly how to work around all its caveats, the tricks to cheese the missions etc.

VCS definitely gave me trouble during certain missoins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think part of it stems from childhood memories when you obviously have worse reflexes and you aren't good at planning ahead. On the other hand, I do agree that Espresso 2 Go can be tough, but I think most people missed the point that you are supposed to scout the city first and then start destroying the stalls. Once you know that the mission becomes pretty easy, it's just time consuming.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 2

K2yjoYK.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

I think part of it stems from childhood memories when you obviously have worse reflexes and you aren't good at planning ahead. On the other hand, I do agree that Espresso 2 Go can be tough, but I think most people missed the point that you are supposed to scout the city first and then start destroying the stalls. Once you know that the mission becomes pretty easy, it's just time consuming.

 You are right

I think that not knowing all the tricks in Espresso makes it the hardest main mission in GTA 3 becaise you have to remember the locations, but this mission can be much easier if you know that Portland has 2, Staunton has 5 and Shorside has 2, if you use Ray's patriot and you know the time counts just after you destroy the first one. I didn't know all these stuff when I did the mussion so it took me like 5 attempts but if you do kbow them, it is easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cant remember said:

Reading these kinda threads make me want to play the old GTA again.

Play it like me

I finished 3 and I will play the rest of 3D soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2023 at 1:56 PM, Legomanarthur said:

I don't really think the game is that difficult too. I consider VCS to be way more difficult than III despite being the more recent entry of the two.

Absolutely. For me, VCS was the hardest GTA game. Not only are the missions hard, they're long.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used cheat codes with no remorse back in the day if I got stuck I did beat the game without cheats years later on PC with no issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2023 at 9:36 AM, zlzgr said:

 You are right

I think that not knowing all the tricks in Espresso makes it the hardest main mission in GTA 3 becaise you have to remember the locations, but this mission can be much easier if you know that Portland has 2, Staunton has 5 and Shorside has 2, if you use Ray's patriot and you know the time counts just after you destroy the first one. I didn't know all these stuff when I did the mussion so it took me like 5 attempts but if you do kbow them, it is easy.

For Espresso, I snipe the Columbians at all the Staunton locations first. Then, starting at Shoreside, I destroy each stand. I always save Ray's bulletproof Patriot for "The Exchange".

 

Before I do "S.A.M.", I always have four police bribe stars and an Enforcer at my hideout. Once I destroy the plane (from the boat), I head to the docks, hop in the Enforcer, back to the Staunton hideout and grab the stars....the rest is a piece of cake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Funktipus said:

For Espresso, I snipe the Columbians at all the Staunton locations first. Then, starting at Shoreside, I destroy each stand. I always save Ray's bulletproof Patriot for "The Exchange".

 

Before I do "S.A.M.", I always have four police bribe stars and an Enforcer at my hideout. Once I destroy the plane (from the boat), I head to the docks, hop in the Enforcer, back to the Staunton hideout and grab the stars....the rest is a piece of cake.

How do you have four police bribe stars?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cant remember
4 hours ago, zlzgr said:

How do you have four police bribe stars?

If you do the police vigilante missions, I don't remember the exact I think you needed to do 20 per island? Then you get police bribes at your hideout and it's effectively like a free pay n spray that also works on foot and with special cars.

 

17 hours ago, Funktipus said:

For Espresso, I snipe the Columbians at all the Staunton locations first. Then, starting at Shoreside, I destroy each stand. I always save Ray's bulletproof Patriot for "The Exchange".

 

After Espresso 2 go you can return the bp patriot back to your garage for later use, it's what I did.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, cant remember said:

If you do the police vigilante missions, I don't remember the exact I think you needed to do 20 per island?

Exactly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pistol Bobcat

This is definitely a game where I only go for 100% completion from a perfect starter save where all weapons, armor and some police bribes are at every safehouse. Can't imagine trying to do any side quests in Portland after killing Sal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 6:36 PM, zlzgr said:

But maybe it wasn't that hard for me because I played on pc and not ps2,psp or phone?

Yep, thats the reason. PC version is easier because of mouse aim, the game become like tps more, than action.
The only game in series where police dont try to stop you... they try to eliminate you... even with one star 😅 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
xX_Pan_Koxu_Xx

Without mods, back in 2001 i can imagine people raging over some missions. Mainly due to controls everyone had to adjust themselves with and of course the clunky camera. Vice City Stories is the hardest one for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.