GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Weekly Event (28th Sep 2023) - 10 Years of GTAO, A Mix of Business Action for Everyone, Cayo Perico Adjustments and More

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Although you are free to discuss the Cayo nerfs in this thread because this Event Week introduced them, I personally encourage everyone to use the dedicated and more aptly named thread for it linked below, as this one may eventually be locked because it's an Event Week-specific thread and continuing discussion of the nerfs is probably best done in a dedicated thread. See below:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/993073-cayo-perico-payments-nerfed/

Thanks.

Online simply isn't as good as before. Miss the simple early days of the launch.

58 minutes ago, Jamwes said:

This is probably what the Cayo payouts should've been like since the beginning.

A lot of things could have been done (or not added, like flying bikes and flying cars). And years later we have it differently, streamlined optimized experience...

• Conspiracy! 2

6 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

And this is most likely exactly why they're nerfing it. The Newswire will likely say the same thing but the Event Week email brief says the changes are to incentivise players to experience the full breadth of content in GTA Online, and if your GTA Online life is just grinding Cayo over and over, I can personally agree because there's a lot more varied activities to do that also give you quite a bit of money these days. A nerf like this would have been far more "damaging" if it was back when Cayo Perico released.

Cayo Perico was the most profitable activity in the game for a long time, they delayed nerfing it for a long time, and most people at least in the hardcore community fully expected heavy nerfs to come in future and were shocked they weren't doing it already. Well... as those expected they are now, IMO mostly because GTAO has had other profitable content since then. Not GTA$1M at once necessarily for everything, no, but... personally I burned out on trying to grind money from Cayo Perico a long time ago and I can't imagine people playing GTA Online or getting money mostly for/from Cayo Perico anymore.

FYI I'm talking about Cayo Perico specifically here, I do think other content could use a revisit much like what they originally did in Criminal Enterprises. I think the business stuff becoming solo is also one of the drivers behind the decision of discouraging players to use Cayo as a end-all-be-all for money.

It's also crazy to see the feedback from players who clearly grinded Cayo Perico only. From Rockstar's social medias, YouTube and GTA related channels, players are causing a riot; from boycotting the game to finding and killing the developers.

Edited by Teal

they've pulled the bridge out from under us

sure, now's a terrible time to get into the game, even without all the nerfs, but damn this is betrayal

1 hour ago, msrae said:

I know it's popular to hate the guy, but these inaccurate headlines are so annoying. I don't expect anything less from Dexerto.

He is splitting (60/40) the $72M compensation (stock and cash) with Slatoff. They navigated the takeover of Zynga, and saw a revenue increase of over 50% in FY23 because of it.  It had nothing to do with GTAO.

The hate for Zelnick was pretty much based off from GTA Online. Players thought he was the one making the in-game economy changes.

2 minutes ago, Teal said:

The hate for Zelnick was pretty much based off from GTA Online. Players thought he was the one making the in-game economy changes.

he is certainly profiting off of it

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mr_j said:

Maybe they should adapt the payout for Robbery Contracts as well? Players keep repeating Union Depository, meanwhile the other contracts are mostly ignored.

@Tez2, do you have stats for these ? (similar to heists).

Please don't give them more ideas! Auto shop contract payments are just right. A little less, I would not play them. I have 3 favorite contracts in the Auto shop.

It's a nice thought for everyone to explore all the different activities in GTAO but no one should be forced away from what actually brings them pleasure when playing this game. It's like telling someone who likes watching their favorite show on TV to go find something else to do. Really? If someone likes to go hiking in the woods and have zero f*s to give about making money or driving, who are we to tell them to change things up?

Edited by GeneralDee
  • Like 2

i think imma just start duping, tired of getting punished for playing legit, its just getting spit in the face over and over again.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Good week, reducing earnings on Cayo Perico was a good move.  Overall, Rockstar has been making wise decisions lately.

• WTF?! 1
  • KEKW 1

Standard Deluxe 59
1 hour ago, ManInaSuit said:

i think imma just start duping, tired of getting punished for playing legit, its just getting spit in the face over and over again.

I moved to deluxo bonds years ago, made the game more enjoyable as I could buy and try everything I wanted without wasting hours and hours earning money. 

I watched the GTA Online gameplay trailer earlier today and I heard the lady say "just what you choose to do in that world, is up to you"

It gave me a good chuckle given recent events.

• excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1
  • KekCringe 1

LEAVE CAYO PERICO ALONE!!!
spacer.png

brb still gonna log in for the shirt its sooo cute!

3 hours ago, GeneralDee said:

Please don't give them more ideas! Auto shop contract payments are just right. A little less, I would not play them. I have 3 favorite contracts in the Auto shop.

It's a nice thought for everyone to explore all the different activities in GTAO but no one should be forced away from what actually brings them pleasure when playing this game. It's like telling someone who likes watching their favorite show on TV to go find something else to do. Really? If someone likes to go hiking in the woods and have zero f*s to give about making money or driving, who are we to tell them to change things up?

It's like going to a restaurant and always ordering the same thing. The waiter tells you, we have a variety of other food for you to try but you keep ordering your usual dish. So the chefs decide to undercook it to dissuade you from ordering said dish. But you still keep eating it so they put their hair on it. And then they sprinkle the dead flies from the dumpster out back. All to encourage you to experience more of the menu.

If Rockstar wants to encourage more players to experience the full breadth of content, this is the wrong way of going about it. The payouts for older activities should be increased to reflect current prices of vehicles at the very least. As I said in a previous post, another problem was how unforgiving a lot of the cooperative activities were if someone made a mistake. People saw Cayo as not only easy money but an end to incompetent randoms, being sent to the clouds after someone quits, and waiting for a fourth player. To alleviate this, the cooperative activities should be tweaked so that everyone else isn't so heavily penalized for one person's mistake. For example, a cooperative heist could have more frequent checkpoints. You can't fix stupid but you can reduce the pain that everyone else has to endure.

Normally when you do something like this, you buff everything else to make them more appealing. Not just leave everything looking like steaming diarrhea because then you're just an idiot who clearly hates your own player base and really wants them to know.

Here's a wild idea, how about we boost payouts to other game modes to make them more lucrative and attractive? God knows permanently doubling Survivals and Street Races won't shatter the "economy".

Edited by HamwithCheese

4 minutes ago, HamwithCheese said:

Here's a wild idea, how about we boost payouts to other game modes to make them more lucrative and attractive? God knows permanently doubling Survivals and Street Races won't shatter the "economy".

Adversaries like Hunting pack, Stockpile, Vespucci job. Not only Assault on CP.

3 hours ago, GeneralDee said:

The point was to buff a little the ones which pay less..

13 minutes ago, HamwithCheese said:

I don't personally care about the Cayo nerfs specifically and I can personally understand them if the analytics say people are grinding Cayo over and over again without even touching other content, but I do agree that GTA Online could use some sort of rebalancing sweep especially now that we're probably closing in on the game potentially going into maintenance mode (especially on Contact Missions and Adversary Modes and such). Payday 3 just came out but they're still updating Payday 2 (also 10 years old) with rebalancing and QoL, I kind of expect that to happen with GTAO too at some point.

I know this stuff is controversial, and the discourse about devs being out of touch is always the same whether it's GTAO, Destiny, Overwatch, or whatever other live service game - but there are analytics, and sometimes they will use those to make decisions that annoy a lot of the hardcore fanbase but appeal to the 90% of casuals... One way to soften the blow for those who are fans of grinding Cayo would be as I said, going through other older content and perhaps giving it a buff. Perhaps Import/Export as well?

5 hours ago, FlasKamel said:
  • They "removed" so many vehicles so that GTA VI Online won't feel as empty in comparison at launch

GTA VI Online will always "feel empty" for some because it will be missing 10 years of content, I certainly hope people aren't expecting GTA VI Online to launch with the equivalent of 10 years of content because content is created whilst looking at fan feedback and general player feedback (even if not everyone feels heard sometimes). Payday 3 is currently going through this (I'm not talking about the servers) because people don't understand a launch day live service sequel game set in a completely different place with different mechanics, will never have the exact same amount of content at launch - they weren't gonna release it with 80 heists just because Payday 2 had 80 heists in 10 years. This is for another thread tho.

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

I know this stuff is controversial, and the discourse about devs being out of touch is always the same whether it's GTAO, Destiny, Overwatch, or whatever other live service game - but there are analytics, and sometimes they will use those to make decisions that annoy a lot of the hardcore fanbase but appeal to the 90% of casuals... One way to soften the blow for those who are fans of grinding Cayo would be as I said, going through other older content and perhaps giving it a buff. Perhaps Import/Export as well?

I can definitely agree with giving older content a buff but it's not always about the money. Some activities I imagine are played for enjoyment+decent payout. Sometimes just enjoyment. Giving us solo business sales in invite only did a great job getting me playing less Cayo. In fact, I rarely play Cayo since last year. I will start a heist and scope the Island and often don't go back to do the setups for weeks later because there's so much more to do now as solo and I already made so much money I have no need to grind anymore.

Personally, even if MC businesses was buffed x3 permanently, I still would not do them because I simply don't like doing MC stuff or deliveries in box trucks across the map. So I just see drug dealers from stash house robberies. There's just some activities I tried and will never do again. Not because they are "terrible" but I just don't like spending time doing them. And there are some that really grew on me like the Hangar which I never paid any mind until they improved the pay and gave us ground based options to do missions and sales.

So if there are the few things I gravitate to, it should not be a crime to just stick to those things. Especially if you have limited time to play. But honestly it's not even the lower pay that makes me hesitant to do Cayo anymore...it's the 100k entry fee. I do not see how this benefits any new or casual player. Remember those early days when you were broke and had to save money to get that penthouse, car, etc? Imagine you putting up 100k of hard earned money that you barely have to spend to start a heist as a new player after having to pay around 4 million for the Kosatka with upgrades and the Sparrow?  It is now the most expensive thing to get into as far as I know. If they left the payouts the same but made 100k entry fee, or left the entry fee alone, it wouldn't be THAT bad for me.

When you're new doing Cayo, it takes around 2 hours to do a full heaist on average if you do all the setups and disruption missions like I was doing when I first started. I always figured the big payouts was a reward for going through all that time and effort. It's only when we can do it with stealth skipping those disruption missions that it becomes a quick cash cow.

Edited by GeneralDee

9 hours ago, uke2 said:

Do you know if these stats are for finales or show only "player hosted / joined a prep".

For the OG ones the stats would show that fleeca is popular because it's fast and easy and in duo, followed by prison break where a % of people get discouraged (whatever motive) and don't do the rest.

And for PS job? No explanation other than it's probably the most fun, challenging, best paying, and probably the one people like to redo.

Those are for the finales. They should be recorded whenever you play them. The stats aren't initialized within the script that loads up the lobby aka hosting the heist. But for when you launch it up.

There's some ambiguity within the stats like not knowing exactly which players launched the heist, but quit mid-way and which launched the heist and finished it up.

However, @logan-mcgee's site lists out the quits as well.

Spoiler

Stealth Approach of Cayo Perico Heist compound has 139k quits since "Assault on Cayo Perico" mode was added.

The Fleeca Job has 265k quits.

The Prison Break has 581k quits.

The Humane Labs Raid has 72k quits.

Series A Funding has 24k quits.

The Pacific Standard Job has 11k quits.

It should come as no surprise why the player count suddenly drops after the Prison Break Heist. I am more surprised about the Pacific Standard Job. I assume there are people who host it back to back with crews and what not. Hence the increase.

10 hours ago, needforsuv said:

is this better or worse than with the broken tunable fixed @Tez2

I am puzzled whether it can be considered "broken" or intended by design. I do know for sure a tunable variable shouldn't have two default values. This happened with the Contract update where Rockstar added a bunch of new tunable variables to improve performance and optimize the game with these frame related variables. One feature they disabled (I guess to improve the performance?) is looking at your friend. Basically when in a vehicle, you would press B and it would focus on your friend. Also, when those variables were added, their values were placed all over the place. So I do think someone initially placed the "SET_FREEMODE_THREAD_PRIORITY" variable within the "overwrite" tunable function. But decided to move it somewhere else. In doing so, the "overwrite" variable was accidentally copied alongside that. And since the dev wanted the value of "SET_FREEMODE_THREAD_PRIORITY" to be true. To make the priority of the freemode thread the highest. It essentially applied to that "overwrite" variable. This is just my interpretation assuming that is a typo and not intended by design.

And without that "overwrite" tunable variable, the default pay of Assault on Cayo Perico would be ~300k. Whereas now with this permanent 2x bonus, the default pay is ~121k.

Keep in mind, the default pay is adjustable. So R* can have set to a much lower value if they decide to use it. They could enable it, but instead of receiving ~300k, we could receive less.

Edited by Tez2

3 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

This is needed because no one plays many of them due to their low pay, except when there is bonus week with them.  Example, Arena War, do people play that? I never found as single player and even when it had bonus at some point 2 years ago it was also kinda empty for me.

Maybe that one has flaws I saw, but so many great gamemodes yet so few people play them, some none.

I remember seeing that they do fix bugs here and there mostly recent updates? There's bugs that they still haven't fixed for from previous updates. For some of these, players have found ways to bypass them though. Fix for those are more needed than this nerf..Eventually hope they fix those too.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

44 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

Example, Arena War, does anyone play that?

Yes, I still see loads playing when I am in the mood for spinning the spectator wheel.

Okay then might be my location, I play on PC. I wasn't able to find any players last time I did weeks ago. I'll give it a try again.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

2 hours ago, GeneralDee said:

4 million for the Kosatka with upgrades and the Sparrow

you don't need the upgrades or the sparrow

only thing you need is a kuruma and the base sub

the betrayal of pulling out the bridge from under you. A betray of trust after mostly leaving it alone

they already buffed a lot of the other stuff.

Not all pay has to be BS; cayo was worth it even if you took a while initially because of how much it paid.

The OG heists are now more appealing because of the experience and skill gains.

DCH should've been buffed next given the massive buginess still

Payphone hits cooldown is mind-boggling when taken with the cooldown nerf and 3 IRL day RNG nerf of cayo

Edited by needforsuv

On 9/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, Spider-Vice said:
  • Payouts for Cayo Perico Heist Primary Targets will be reduced, EXCEPT the Madrazo Files and the Pink Diamond
  • Payouts for Cayo Perico Heist Secondary Targets will be reduced, EXCEPT Gold

wow this game just gets worse and f*cking worse. i'm glad i got banned after years and years of modding money, so worth it.

4 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

Man I was doing an og survival after not having done one for a while and I was surprised that completing it only paid something like under 50k (don't remember the exact amount). Even though I wasn't doing them for the money but because I wanted something easy that I didn't have to focus on while I listened to podcasts, even with the newer survivals where the payout is closer to 100k it still doesn't feel like they're worth the time sink to get through all the waves.

I think for a lot of the player base though they find survivals boring because I see a lot of low levels quit after getting murked once on an early wave, so I don't know if boosting the payout will do all that much to get people playing them to make money if people don't even know what they pay now.

11 hours ago, Plocospermataceae said:

There's a toggle in the Style quick menu where you can turn on glowing clothes

THAT’S what that means?  Just assumed it had something to do with those Arena suits.

bloody free sentinel classic doesn't even have trim color viewable anymore

guess this one is when bennys is on discount again

already have a sent classic the way I like it