GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Weekly Event (28th Sep 2023) - 10 Years of GTAO, A Mix of Business Action for Everyone, Cayo Perico Adjustments and More

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Although you are free to discuss the Cayo nerfs in this thread because this Event Week introduced them, I personally encourage everyone to use the dedicated and more aptly named thread for it linked below, as this one may eventually be locked because it's an Event Week-specific thread and continuing discussion of the nerfs is probably best done in a dedicated thread. See below:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/993073-cayo-perico-payments-nerfed/

Thanks.

The problem nowadays is that Rockstar doesn’t bring good content anymore. Zero creativity with the weekly events. I would have no problems with a nerf if Rockstar still releases good updates, fun and original events. 

They don't do anything to celebrate GTA Online's anniversary. It’s just not fun anymore. Rockstar has become a real company. Money is their only motivation, they don't care about the players.

I do find it messed up how the main attraction of this game is the sheer amount of content it has, which means anyone can choose how to play the game, yet now is being forced to do other things in the name of variety.

Edited by MaddenedGhost
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Noise Maker said:

The problem nowadays is that Rockstar doesn’t bring good content anymore. Zero creativity with the weekly events. I would have no problems with a nerf if Rockstar still releases good updates, fun and original events. 

They don't do anything to celebrate GTA Online's anniversary. It’s just not fun anymore. Rockstar has become a real company. Money is their only motivation, they don't care about the players.

Since most of the old members left, it's no longer the same company, the only similarity between the old rockstar and the current one is the name.

this nerf is 100% done by the same people who did the lazer nerf, enabled by those who saw the nerf as fine.

Instead of a 'balanced' change that sees the effect against AI stay mostly the same (or at least not so bad your toy ray gun does more damage), they choose to bonk it across the board except in missions

Instead of BOOSTING values to incentivise co-operation, they lowered values to discourage solo players.

Most sane people would've already stopped milking the Rubio ATM cow. But NO... R* decides to make it even LESS desirable to run overall instead.

Pink Diamond should've been boost to 2mil on hard, and 2.9 for the panther; Gold should've gone up 60% to 500k per pile / 800k per bag

Also @Tez2 does that mean the secondary loot value in the 72 hour window is roughly the same as it was upon release.

15 hours ago, crsN said:

Happy Moon T-shirts at night:

iCoX7w9.jpg

wait mine dont glow

3 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Hide contents

Cayo Perico Heist - 11m new plays and 680k unique players.

Flecca Job - 1.5m new plays and 716k unique players.

Prison Break - 472k new plays and 263k unique players.

Humane Labs Raid - 296k new plays and 181k unique players.

Series A Funding - 248k new plays and 154k unique players.

The Data Breaches - 1.6m new plays and 292k unique players

The Bogdan Problem - 1.2m new plays and 255k unique players

You can see how the other heists don't come close to Cayo Perico Heist of course. Which shouldn't be a surprise tbh.

It's all well and good looking at the numbers themselves - but I'm shocked Prison Break is more popular than Humane Labs.

That's raising the question; how much are players basing their choice on what to play around the idea of relying on other players to play with capable ability of what GTAV's sandbox & mission variety offers

(stealth, flying, parachuting, fighting mass amounts of enemies, not ignorantly blowing up objective vehicles, etc.)

The most infamous examples from the 3 that can't even get half a million plays:

Spoiler

Prison Break - Finale; Pilot will either not know how to fly, will beeline for Sandy Shores only to just allow themselves to be killed by the first jet before Demo has the chance OR Prison Team can't navigate the Prison.

Humane Labs - Deliver EMP; People just choose to suck at stealth, trying to kill guards that are futher away than the ones that are the more immediate problem, or trying to drive the Insurgent straight through the base.

Series A - Weed; This is one mission where people just go full-useless and refuse to disobey the GPS for even a second - even if they are in active communication with a teammate that's instructing them to take an alternative route that is far safer and even quicker.

Edited by Zak Ras

7 minutes ago, Zak Ras said:

killed by the first jet

IT'S actually not that hard to avoid the jets there

disorienting, yes, but not hard per-se, also, most of the series-A setups can just be ignored and you can go right to them in a kuruma or other suitable vehicle

Fun face about G's cache:

Spoiler

the pings are a LOT louder if you're underwater

3 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Comparing plays & unique counts of other heists since "Assault on Cayo Perico" mode was added,

Hide contents

Pacific Standard Job - 809k new plays and 221k unique players

You can see how the other heists don't come close to Cayo Perico Heist of course. Which shouldn't be a surprise tbh.

What’s striking (if albeit expected to a degree) is the ratio of new plays to unique players.

Its like 2 for some of the og heists but over 15 for CP.

It does make you wonder how much of the appeal is the payout versus the fact it can be done solo. Clearly it’s an element of both, but everyone talks about the former and no as much about the latter. However as well as looking at the payouts, the real problem with the OG heists needing 4 players to start. If you don’t have three friends online there can be a lot of tedious lobby waiting in every setup.

A lot of the setups however can theoretically be done with fewer than 4 players. Reducing the minimum player count needed (set bespoke for each setup) I think would go along way to making them more popular.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, needforsuv said:

IT'S actually not that hard to avoid the jets there

Of course... if you're not a Heist Random.

1 hour ago, Noise Maker said:

The issue is that GTAO  is 10 years old this Sunday! They never expected it to last this long, quality of content is getting worse since the Contract. How are they creative now? Remove content and bring it back time to time! We all know the solution, time to move onto GTA6 and it's online component

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

4 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Comparing plays & unique counts of other heists since "Assault on Cayo Perico" mode was added,

Reveal hidden contents

Pacific Standard Job - 809k new plays and 221k unique players

Do you know if these stats are for finales or show only "player hosted / joined a prep".

For the OG ones the stats would show that fleeca is popular because it's fast and easy and in duo, followed by prison break where a % of people get discouraged (whatever motive) and don't do the rest.

And for PS job? No explanation other than it's probably the most fun, challenging, best paying, and probably the one people like to redo.

23 minutes ago, Barrtek said:

so eh, is there "new" newswire page? for news? i got just blank black page, nothing more

https://rockstargames.com/newswire/article/897132342akk33/capitalize-on-boosted-production-speeds-across-your-businesses

• Like 2

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

doubling base GTA$ payouts in Assault on Cayo Perico for both teams

is this better or worse than with the broken tunable fixed @Tez2

Hmm I can't see it listed, but anyone knows how much bonus in assault on cayo perico is increased for getting blown up by cheaters or when they crash your game? Maybe it's actually worth playing now.

Plocospermataceae
2 hours ago, needforsuv said:

wait mine dont glow

There's a toggle in the Style quick menu where you can turn on glowing clothes

Yeah this is basically confirmation for me that GTAO is down to a skeleton crew with no resources. Anyone at R* who could have provided meaningful content isn't work on GTAV anymore, and to be honest I can't really blame them, exciting times ahead

13 minutes ago, Plocospermataceae said:

There's a toggle in the Style quick menu where you can turn on glowing clothes

mine's on, but the moon don't

@Gaffa, @Spider-Vice, @Tez2.

Just to elaborate on my post earlier, I do understand your points etc. I'm not too bothered by the nerfing, and any bonuses are usually just taken as that and it's a lil' extra for things I wanted to do anyway. Rare I chase the cash as I've been too rich for too long, lol.

I was just hoping for a more mixed event week, and certainly something more thought out to give it the 'fireworks' feel, you know? It's been 10 years and this game has boomed. I'm thinking something like the halloween/aliens event we had not long ago really, just something interactive and to mark the day.

That and it really is in poor taste to nerf this heist this week of all times. Only R*/T2 have the balls to try something that's surely only going to be met with groans on a week like this, lol. Cheeky sods. They could nerf it next week and though it'll still get a poor reaction, it doesn't take away from what really should be a moment for all to enjoy considering I'm sure no one expected to see this anniversary come along with the game still live and active etc. Even R* and T2 were blown away with how strongly GTA:O thrived.

Just had to give us one last big one, at least that's how I feel. 🍻🤠

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording

7 minutes ago, Cyoctane said:

Yeah this is basically confirmation for me that GTAO is down to a skeleton crew with no resources. Anyone at R* who could have provided meaningful content isn't work on GTAV anymore, and to be honest I can't really blame them, exciting times ahead

nobody with a ounce of brain will do this, no matter how unfamiliar to the game they may be

this is just peak r* BS

1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

week like this.

and next to no f*cking warning too

9 minutes ago, needforsuv said:

and next to no f*cking warning too

We had one though 

Spoiler

Edited by ambi3nt

49 minutes ago, ambi3nt said:

We had one though 

Hide contents

that's LEGIT the OPPOSITE

it shows they're doing just fine

Edited by needforsuv

49 minutes ago, Insoluble Fiber said:

they will announce gta 6 tmz because they got everyone's attention with the nerfs 😼

Conspiracy, but imagine if they wanted us to stay away from this Online, so we could transition easier to next Online.

There were players saying they would like to migrate their old accounts (character, money, etc), which to be honest doesn't make sense for a completely new game (if/when).

At the same time, dripfeeding the removed cars and making these adjustments might say that this game is here to stay for a long time.

Good luck those on EE with your career progress, at least you can grind them with raytracing (and same old bugs) :) .

PC, stay strong.

51 minutes ago, ambi3nt said:

We had one though 

Hide contents

Well, at least back in pre 2009 era T2 with this guy onboard didn't sell to EA (J. Riccotello, or whatever CEO is now at Unity). Who knows what could have happened to GTA, RDR, LA Noire, Midnightclub, Max Payne...

Not defending, but...

• Conspiracy! 2

1 hour ago, ambi3nt said:

We had one though 

Reveal hidden contents

I know it's popular to hate the guy, but these inaccurate headlines are so annoying. I don't expect anything less from Dexerto.

He is splitting (60/40) the $72M compensation (stock and cash) with Slatoff. They navigated the takeover of Zynga, and saw a revenue increase of over 50% in FY23 because of it.  It had nothing to do with GTAO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr_j said:

Conspiracy, but imagine if they wanted us to stay away from this Online, so we could transition easier to next Online.

I don't think this is what's happening here specifically but I am 90% convinced of some things.

• They "removed" so many vehicles so that GTA VI Online won't feel as empty in comparison at launch
  • While smaller content updates obviously have to do with resources moved to GTA VI Online I'm sure they could add bigger things rn as well but decide not to. If we keep getting further invested in GTA V Online now moving on will be hard. "Start over? But we just got our mansion!"
  • Some "misc." other changes are also made to make GTA Online feel a bit less appealing so that transitioning to an emptier VI will be easier

Only 90% though, because I can't figure out why they'd start doing this this early. And we don't really know how the next Online will work. Will the games "merge" somehow? We'll see, in 1 billion years.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

This is probably what the Cayo payouts should've been like since the beginning. It would've been fine then. It would've also been reasonable for them to nerf payouts by the next DLC when they realized it was over performing. This nerf is NOT reasonable three years after release.

• Like 2
  • excuseme 1

5 hours ago, Tez2 said:

They actually do have mechanism to detect players pulling the plug.

Many who attempt the replay glitch claim their heist is reset on the third attempt. That is indeed the detection mechanism at play. They enable stats at the start of your heist. So when you pull the plug and re-log in, the game notices that those stats are still enabled indicating that you pulled the plug.

I just noticed they added new mechanism with Drug Wars allowing them to lock heist cuts for 48 hours. I won't be surprised if they notice more players doing the replay glitch, then they would start locking heist cuts with a background update where your cut is set to 20% or 30% instead of 100%.

“Many who attempt the replay glitch claim their heist is reset on the third attempt. That is indeed the detection mechanism at play. They enable stats at the start of your heist. So when you pull the plug and re-log in, the game notices that those stats are still enabled indicating that you pulled the plug.”

Whatever they tried to achieve with that in December last year, I can guarantee you, it didn’t work at all.

In March 2023, I replayed a Cayo heist 5 times during one night. For each heist, I would get around 1.5 million. Money went to the bank account each time. Each time, Elite Challenge was achieved as otherwise, I wouldn’t have been able to get the money from that specific run. 

and this method worked fine for 3 days or so. 

However, a few months later, in July 2023, I started again, but I noticed a few things (which were already discovered before but back then, I just found out about them). First, the fact that there is a 4 million GTA$ cap within an hour. Two Cayo replays would ensure I get the money from each run. On the third run, However, I get a transaction error event. 

what I found even more odd is that on the third attempt, the money never went to the bank account if Elite Challenge was not achieved/voided. However, if Elite Challenge was achieved on the third run, I would still get the money but with a transaction error event also.

And as of my recent replays, Cayo heist  replay method works the same, except that the transaction error event kicks in on the third run of the same heist, regardless if it is done within an hour or done at a later period.