GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Weekly Event (28th Sep 2023) - 10 Years of GTAO, A Mix of Business Action for Everyone, Cayo Perico Adjustments and More

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Although you are free to discuss the Cayo nerfs in this thread because this Event Week introduced them, I personally encourage everyone to use the dedicated and more aptly named thread for it linked below, as this one may eventually be locked because it's an Event Week-specific thread and continuing discussion of the nerfs is probably best done in a dedicated thread. See below:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/993073-cayo-perico-payments-nerfed/

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Aquamaniac said:

If main loot is a few 100k people likely gonna google replay glitches now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquamaniac said:

If main loot is a few 100k people likely gonna grind Contract now.

Meh cayo is still better. Contract is still too tedious with amount of missions/preps. If anything, more people will resort to exploiting finales now.

Edited by ambi3nt

29 minutes ago, floorball said:

Holy nerf :panic::panic::panic:

So essentially in most solo playthroughs you're walking away with 300-400K less money than before... Ouch.

I get that they want people playing other stuff as well, but is it really necessary to cut payouts in such a massive way considering that we're approaching the end of GTA Online? Sometimes it just feels like those who take these decisions don't even play the game, it's a series of ridiculous decisions that just make the whole experience even more tedious. And what's even more baffling to me is the timing, this week marks the 10th anniversary of GTA Online and they're celebrating it with a highly unpopular move that doesn't benefit anyone. Couldn't they at least wait till next week?

Edited by Moncastler

3 minutes ago, Moncastler said:

And what's even more baffling to me is the timing, this week marks the 10th anniversary of GTA Online and they're celebrating it with a highly unpopular move that doesn't benefit anyone. Couldn't they at least wait till next week?

Need to see the Newswire, obv, but currently yeah this is hilariously bad product management

The replay cost is now 100k as opposed to 25k.

Lol

Edited by MaddenedGhost

6 minutes ago, Moncastler said:

So essentially in most solo playthroughs you're walking away with 300-400K less money than before... Ouch.

I get that they want people playing other stuff as well, but is it really necessary to cut payouts in such a massive way considering that we're approaching the end of GTA Online? Sometimes it just feels like those who take these decisions don't even play the game, it's a series of ridiculous decisions that just make the whole experience even more tedious. And what's even more baffling to me is the timing, this week marks the 10th anniversary of GTA Online and they're celebrating it with a highly unpopular move that doesn't benefit anyone. Couldn't they at least wait till next week?

They want people to buy more shark cards, not to play different stuff. This is specifically aimed at new players who have no friends to play with. If they wanted former, they could significantly increase payouts for other jobs and reduce prices, but obviously that's not their goal.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

9 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

The replay cost is now 100k as opposed to 25k.

That's the biggest nerf imo lol :bruh:

• Like 3

Just now, floorball said:

That's the biggest nerf imo lol :bruh:

I should actually edit my comment because I got that from you lol my bad

WiFhqyI.png

Secondary Target sites, requiring two players, where chance rate of Coke has been increased while Cash chance rate has been lowered,

Spoiler

j5oqWrh.png

wqi2kNC.png

1 minute ago, ambi3nt said:

They want people to buy more shark cards, not to play different stuff. This is specifically aimed at new players who have no friends to play with. If they wanted former, they could significantly increase payouts for other jobs and reduce prices, but obviously that's not their goal.

That's basically it really, this isn't even a re-balance, they've effectively ruined a game mode without offering any alternatives, buff something else if you think the issue is people focusing on this only one.

Like I said, I have never done Cayo for cash, I have all the cash I will ever need in this game, but these changes as of late are really pointing at a gloomy future for GTAO, this one and the next.

• Like 2

Eh, the worst Cayo Nerf was definetly the 144 minute timer when doing it solo. Look, I love my Hard mode, It's hard mode or no mode. Normal mode is a waste of time.

I guess Cayo PErico is the new Rooftop Rumble.

Other than that, the other bonsues seem nice, nice production boost. Well,maybe hope next week would give 2x to everyhing when you sell it, heh.

• Like 1
  • KekCringe 1

11 minutes ago, MaddenedGhost said:

That's basically it really, this isn't even a re-balance, they've effectively ruined a game mode without offering any alternatives, buff something else if you think the issue is people focusing on this only one.

Like I said, I have never done Cayo for cash, I have all the cash I will ever need in this game, but these changes as of late are really pointing at a gloomy future for GTAO, this one and the next.

If you read OP apparently R* are trying to excuse this change with increased Assault on Cayo game mode payout ahaha. I guess they will apply similar mental gymnastics to their newswire post.

• Like 1

Its still double GTA$ and RP on Exotic Exports I had one after weekly update dropped got $40,000 instead of the $20,000 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ambi3nt said:

Meh cayo is still better. Contract is still too tedious with amount of missions/preps. If anything, more people will resort to exploiting finales now.

I misinterpreted the twitter numbers or they were wrong, seems not to be that dramatic but still a major nerf. I will calculate though how much time I need for a complete Contract playthrough. Other than the High Society Leak I quite like the Contract missions and preps. For a full CPH playthrough I need about 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Gridl0k said:

1 hour ago, Aquamaniac said:

If main loot is a few 100k people likely gonna google replay glitches now

They actually do have mechanism to detect players pulling the plug.

Many who attempt the replay glitch claim their heist is reset on the third attempt. That is indeed the detection mechanism at play. They enable stats at the start of your heist. So when you pull the plug and re-log in, the game notices that those stats are still enabled indicating that you pulled the plug.

I just noticed they added new mechanism with Drug Wars allowing them to lock heist cuts for 48 hours. I won't be surprised if they notice more players doing the replay glitch, then they would start locking heist cuts with a background update where your cut is set to 20% or 30% instead of 100%.

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

1 hour ago, Tez2 said:

You can see how the other heists don't come close to Cayo Perico Heist of course. Which shouldn't be a surprise tbh.

And this is most likely exactly why they're nerfing it. The Newswire will likely say the same thing but the Event Week email brief says the changes are to incentivise players to experience the full breadth of content in GTA Online, and if your GTA Online life is just grinding Cayo over and over, I can personally agree because there's a lot more varied activities to do that also give you quite a bit of money these days. A nerf like this would have been far more "damaging" if it was back when Cayo Perico released.

Cayo Perico was the most profitable activity in the game for a long time, they delayed nerfing it for a long time, and most people at least in the hardcore community fully expected heavy nerfs to come in future and were shocked they weren't doing it already. Well... as those expected they are now, IMO mostly because GTAO has had other profitable content since then. Not GTA$1M at once necessarily for everything, no, but... personally I burned out on trying to grind money from Cayo Perico a long time ago and I can't imagine people playing GTA Online or getting money mostly for/from Cayo Perico anymore.

FYI I'm talking about Cayo Perico specifically here, I do think other content could use a revisit much like what they originally did in Criminal Enterprises. I think the business stuff becoming solo is also one of the drivers behind the decision of discouraging players to use Cayo as a end-all-be-all for money.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

What are the odds of them streamlining experience for DCH next? For starters reduce values just like CPH. With next client update add a limit to how much loot you can grab, i.e. two gold piles per player, aka want full grab? get full party. All those amazing opportunities.

2 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

I wonder if they're gonna double CPH this week tho

In November most likely for Heist Month I'd say, seems to be one every year in Nov now.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Maybe they should adapt the payout for Robbery Contracts as well? Players keep repeating Union Depository, meanwhile the other contracts are mostly ignored.

@Tez2, do you have stats for these ? (similar to heists).

Edited by mr_j
tez part
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ambi3nt said:

What are the odds of them streamlining experience for DCH next?

Heh, that reminds me of when they added a rock in a specific place to prevent people from taking a shortcut into the tunnel that would've saved a whole 2 seconds.

So bearer bonds on hard are worth 847k on Hard
Meanwhile Diamond on normal was 1,300,000 and 1,430,000 on Hard and still is.
Differnce between those two values are 583k now and its RNG related, you can make almost 600k more but that's not up to you!

And what was the cooldown when you play solo now? 3 days? 3 ingame days are 144 real minutes,

and it is programmed incorrectly, if you are not in the game, you will miss Hard Mode because you have to be in a session to buy it. yes i know, you can off game and back after but who wants to do it? "i'll go do homework, study and after 2 hours i will hop for 3 minutes to buy Perico Hard mode" 

It should be the case that IMMEDIATELY after the heist you can buy a new one and have it on hard, but the island reconnaissance mission has this huge cooldown. That would be better, players wouldnt miss Hard mode when playing solo, not everyone want to wait 144 minutes to buy Hard mode for heist.

I was hoping on changes, maybe a smaller % taken from Martin when there are a lot of players and they won't take 500k from your cut.
Or that players can't just spam Kosatka every time as an approach, and you have to use something different, I loved using a helicopter or a plane at night, sometimes a Velum, and i had a lot of fun and was able to complete Elite in 15 minutes.

This is some pathetic Sh1t mk2 lvl

9 minutes ago, EkaSwede said:

Heh, that reminds me of when they added a rock in a specific place to prevent people from taking a shortcut into the tunnel that would've saved a whole 2 seconds.

Well that rock only prevents G6 van going through and there is a better shortcut. But yeah we might see more fun stuff in upcoming updates considering their practices and how more players will move on to DCH.

Edited by ambi3nt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gridl0k said:

They nerfed the safe 😂

WTF

and 100k for replay

this is BS

Shadowfennekin

Nerfing Cayo when the game probably doesn't have more than 1-2 years left of support? Weird change, you'd think this would have happened a long time ago

So Tequila(The item I seem to get ALL the time) is worth less and so is cash? f*ck that noise. I have lots of money in game so I retired a long time ago and just do passive sh*t like the Bunker and NC

1 hour ago, HopalongCasidy said:

This aged poorly.

Bear in mind, those were just the sensible ideas I listed - had any of those happened alongside the payout nerf, that would've unfortunate but a trade-off.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

getting money mostly for/from Cayo Perico anymore.

well it was AN OPTION

31 minutes ago, mr_j said:

repeating Union Depository

nah, its ECU, Prison, and Superdolla