GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Weekly Event (28th Sep 2023) - 10 Years of GTAO, A Mix of Business Action for Everyone, Cayo Perico Adjustments and More

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Although you are free to discuss the Cayo nerfs in this thread because this Event Week introduced them, I personally encourage everyone to use the dedicated and more aptly named thread for it linked below, as this one may eventually be locked because it's an Event Week-specific thread and continuing discussion of the nerfs is probably best done in a dedicated thread. See below:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/993073-cayo-perico-payments-nerfed/

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Held hope for this week, but so far there's nothing new in terms of what happened to the rest of V anniversary clothing. And three of them were given to GTA+ members.

Plus, literally no celebratory rewards in terms of GTAO anniversary in this preview too. Instead, we get a nerf to Cayo Perico Heist. I really hope they are reserving something for the newswire article. Because so far, this is just disappointing.

But what would be a tenth anniversary without highlighting the current essence of gta?

- cayo heist nerf

- assault on cayo buff... we must be like at 5x or more by now! Have to justify that investment / development time

- trying to attract players to mc sales without improving anything except for the payout

- buffed event week sales not paying because they forgot to increase the limit. alternatively, event week reducing the pay / blocking some other unrelated content

- drip feeding special commissioned anniversary clothes, like once every two weeks (or once per year?), with some of said cloth items having already been pre-released by accident for a couple of days when the last DLC dropped..

- newswire / tweet exalting the tenth anniversary with lots of hype and thanking all players, with all the roasting said players usually give back

- no gta VI trailer / teaser

- and (hopefully not), a new  game breaking bug

- I forgot to mention... opening a support service ticket! That should be part of the anniversary too

3 hours ago, Kyoto said:

Like, why does my character still freeze at the agency safe when I'm afk for so long? Why am I locked out of my office in freemode sometimes even though I'm not in a mission or event?

Getting the freeze at safes bug sometimes too, but more often I just can't empty the safes (without freeze or any other issues). Also can't buy armor on heist / mission invite menu really often. My theory is these are related (the wheel freeze too), and maybe some transaction sync race is triggering the state. I don't need to AFK for this, sometimes it's kicking in when I have long gaming sessions, but sometimes from short gameplay too, even in totally soloing, without any connection to other players.

If you get the office lock out in non-solo session, that's very likely caused by a VIP work someone is doing (even if you're not counted in as a participant). Noticed when these are happening, I can't enter the agency and acid lab, but likely a lot more interiors either. The same can happen if someone is doing anything running on the VIP work slot.

Getting the ammo bug too for many-many years on all my characters. No theories about it, tried everything. Playing on PC.

VitoCorleone1992
4 hours ago, Non Funkable Token said:

What kind of twisted logic is behind nerfing Cayo payouts the same week the game turns 10?

For this you can see how much people abused the grind of Cayo Perico Heist, still, i don't bother in making more money in this game, i grinded too much, will have enough more until the last DLC of GTA Online before we get into GTA VI.

3 hours ago, Tez2 said:

GTAV 10th Anniversary event week was mid. The outfits were a nice addition. But other than that, it had no "wow" factor and didn't differ from other event weeks.

Held hope for the second week, but instead we get an anniversary of the Tuners event from a year ago. No new V anniversary related rewards.

Held hope for this week, but so far there's nothing new in terms of what happened to the rest of V anniversary clothing. And three of them were given to GTA+ members.

Plus, literally no celebratory rewards in terms of GTAO anniversary in this preview too. Instead, we get a nerf to Cayo Perico Heist. I really hope they are reserving something for the newswire article. Because so far, this is just disappointing.

As a normal event week, this is good in terms of payout buffs to Assault on Cayo Perico and okayish in terms of bonuses. Would have loved some 2x bonus on Bunker, but I'll take boosted production.

That disapointment coming from you it's telling. Tbh, at this point i'm more towards to making a reserve in this hotel and wait for GTA VI. :sadkek:
(off-topic: who wants to bet that this hotel will be present in VI and will have an easter egg of tommy's room?)
GTA_VC_night_rain.jpg

2 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

I mean I have to be honest, personally I don't find fun in constantly grinding Cayo for money (I'm long past that era with GTA$140M anyway) and any adjustments they're making, IMO, aren't as impactful nowadays. I think it would have been a lot worse if it was back at release when people relied even more on Cayo Perico for money. These days GTAO has plenty of activities that also give you pretty quick money - yea, right, it's not like GTA$1M at once necessarily, but the sum of those activities released since then, especially with the ability to sell businesses in solo sessions, can reach that and even more.

I think this is yet another attempt to make people stop grinding Cayo Perico so much and have them play other content too, they're probably seeing massive numbers repeating Cayo over and over. A lot of grinders may dislike it, but I can see where they're coming from if that's the reason.

I guess in the end, all these Cayo Perico nerfs are again a couple of bad decisions = giving a lot of money from a very easy heist when you get the gist of it. I guess it's way more in R* faults in doing a very easy heist (despite the fact that often players just find ways to make walkthroughs of heists too much east that not even R* was expeecting it. But still, it's not an excuse...but then again, it's gets a bit difficult to make challenging heist with such a bad stealth mechanics in the game and other things.

WinterFrosty86

So Rockstar just fked low level solo players (which is like atleast 60% of the playerbase) in the arse and called it the 10th year anniversary celebrations eh?:cringekek:

Edited by WinterFrosty86

Even though I don't do Cayo (and don't need to with my $414M fortune) I agree that the payout nerfs are a big f*ck you to those who really need the quick money. Instead of nerfing Cayo, why not buff contact missions, races, VIP works, etc instead?

@Spider-Vice

I STG, if they touch the panther (did they mention the panther?)

it would make no sense to nerf the panther

Instead of nerfing payouts, they should be boosting it and returning to the original better chance rates.

like permanently doubling gold, and 1.5x on pink diamond, madazro, and the panther (with increased limits)

I hate how R* almost always takes the nerfing approach with 'op' stuff instead of buffing everything else. At least they're not punting weapons into the ground like COD or whatever, yet...

catch-up is a pretty good example; instead of making the trailing cars FASTER, it makes the leading car and any it glitches onto slower

and the lazer cannons now don't even work anymore; before it'd kill the ai through glass but now nothing, and a f*cking toy gun does more damage

Edited by needforsuv

I seriously dont get these loot value nerfing in a 10 years old game... with all the bugs that this game still has... 🤦‍♂️

Let people (especially new players) enjoy what they want to do in the game without feel penalized in favor of other game modes.

This last Mercenaries update removed more that what actually added.

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tez2 said:

in 6 hours

well before the nerfs you'd get like 4-5 mil

I'm telling ya rockstar, make contact missions pay out almost as much as cayo...

Standard Deluxe 59

Pretty meh for a 10 year anniversary week.

• Like 2

Jimmy McGill70
6 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

I mean I have to be honest, personally I don't find fun in constantly grinding Cayo for money (I'm long past that era with GTA$140M anyway) and any adjustments they're making, IMO, aren't as impactful nowadays. I think it would have been a lot worse if it was back at release when people relied even more on Cayo Perico for money. These days GTAO has plenty of activities that also give you pretty quick money - yea, right, it's not like GTA$1M at once necessarily, but the sum of those activities released since then, especially with the ability to sell businesses in solo sessions, can reach that and even more.

I think this is yet another attempt to make people stop grinding Cayo Perico so much and have them play other content too, they're probably seeing massive numbers repeating Cayo over and over. A lot of grinders may dislike it, but I can see where they're coming from if that's the reason.

That is true actually yeah, in the time you usually do one sale, you can do 2 now, which pretty much amounts to double the money in the same time.

I mostly agree with this.  For those of us completing the career objectives, getting $50 million just got harder.  Conceptually, I will always find it odd that a gaming company tries to force you to play a sandbox game a certain way. But I know that ship sailed a long time ago.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crateman said:

Unless they have something reserved for the newswire, it's not looking good for the 10th anniversary.

Its not looking good... as a whole.

• Like 3

It's understandable why they want to do it (newcomers still can start their empire with a submarine, all guides point to kosatka). But would have made sense to revisit all the content and money making methods, and not just Cayo.

This way people would play more contact missions, og heists, bikers, etc. Imagine Prison Break having a payout of 1.5m (maybe players would put more effort in team play).

So people would have equal opportunities to make money in this inflated highly grindy game, and have also some fun in more game modes.

Yet, plan on leaving the gold (which spawns only in compound) intact, so players would play more in groups...

Meanwhile if you have a bit of stock in 2-3 MC businesses, expect to be raided back to back. And the doc forgery is most of the time useless. And most of the times makes sense to buy supplies instead of stealing them.

Steal/sell missions should have an area based on business location, since having bunker/mc in Paleto is pointless, economically speaking.

Why not optimize also this...

At this point nerfing payouts to a 10 year old game is dumb. They're lucky people even still play this game 

HopalongCasidy
9 minutes ago, HamwithCheese said:

At this point nerfing payouts to a 10 year old game is dumb. They're lucky people even still play this game 

People actually pay monthly to play this game, while expecting an announcement for a new venture. It’s ludicrous.

Sh*t I hope they won't touch DCH with this nonsense. At any rate, imagine the f*cking audacity to do this as anniversary present. Good one R*.

Edited by ambi3nt

a8109d76934ad094d3593d3fe1e36bea08c4e8eb

I wonder if they're gonna double CPH this week tho

Glad I put my time in during the what 3 or 4 years we've had that cash machine though.

Edited by Gridl0k

2 minutes ago, Gridl0k said:

a8109d76934ad094d3593d3fe1e36bea08c4e8eb

I wonder if they're gonna double CPH this week tho

Glad I put my time in during the what 3 or 4 years we've had that cash machine though.

I wish I'd abused it more lol

Forcing more cooperative play just doesn't work in the game's current state. It's not just payouts that are the problem. Another problem is that many of the activities are so unforgiving when randoms mess up. Someone dies in the Prison Break Heist? Back to the beginning for you. Someone crashes a cargo sale plane? There goes a third of your business profit. I think that the PTSD from moments like these is another factor in what drove everyone to Cayo Perico.

People will say "just make friends" but that still is not without its drawbacks. One issue is that everyone will need to coordinate their schedules to make sure they can get on at the same time. That's not always easy for a four player heist. What if a friend can't play or has to go? If you wait for him out of fairness, the heist grinds to a halt. Otherwise, your other option is to take a chance with a random. Another issue is friends moving on to other games. You might have a reliable heist crew now but as the years pass, crewmates might want to explore the newer games that come out. I still have heistmates from 2015 on my friends list and nowadays I see that none of them have touched GTA Online in a while. So if I was to revisit the original heists, I would be starting from scratch again. These are problems that are impossible to fix due to the nature of co-op modes.

So the better solution is to have some lucrative solo activities and not nerf everything appealing to solo players. "But it's just Cayo. There are plenty of other solo things to do." Yeah, but knowing Rockstar, who knows if they have those things in their sights as well? Having solo activities that players can grind by themselves is not a bad thing. Even the biggest social butterfly will appreciate a way to make good money solo without being at the mercy of someone else's schedule or skill level.

Edited by Giantsgiants

2 minutes ago, needforsuv said:

I wish I'd abused it more lol

I hit my target ($1bn) and retired just before they f*cked around with the dead body detection so yeah

• Like 2

It just seems *almost* unbelievable (for RSN) that the big celebration is double RP on one mode

• Like 2

Comparing plays & unique counts of other heists since "Assault on Cayo Perico" mode was added,

Spoiler

Cayo Perico Heist - 11m new plays and 680k unique players.

Flecca Job - 1.5m new plays and 716k unique players.

Prison Break - 472k new plays and 263k unique players.

Humane Labs Raid - 296k new plays and 181k unique players.

Series A Funding - 248k new plays and 154k unique players.

Pacific Standard Job - 809k new plays and 221k unique players

The Data Breaches - 1.6m new plays and 292k unique players

The Bogdan Problem - 1.2m new plays and 255k unique players

You can see how the other heists don't come close to Cayo Perico Heist of course. Which shouldn't be a surprise tbh.

HopalongCasidy
13 hours ago, Zak Ras said:

That can go so many ways...

If it's either;

- removal of the 72 hour cooldown nerf

- Gold outside the Compound now being a regular thing

- Panther Statue being made regular Loot due to Career Progress

Any one of those is chill.

This aged poorly.

• Like 1