why is there no ammu-nation in Shoreside Vale in gta 3/lcs?

gui7814

I really don't understand why rockstar instead of putting an ammu-nation in shoreside vale they put a police garage that has weapons to buy and for most people without going to search on the internet this garage goes unnoticed or the person sees the garage but he has no idea that there are weapons to buy there.

• Like 4

It's in a garage behind the police station, which I've always found a bit weird, so I see it as a police auction type of thing.

As for the real reason? My guess is Rockstar ran out of time to develop a 3rd Ammu-Nation model. A lot of Shoreside Vale looks unfinished compared to Portland which has many small details.

Edited by thehambone
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1

33 minutes ago, thehambone said:

It's in a garage behind the police station, which I've always found a bit weird, so I see it as a police auction type of thing.

As for the real reason? My guess is Rockstar ran out of time to develop a 3rd Ammu-Nation model. A lot of Shoreside Vale looks unfinished compared to Portland which has many small details.

Maybe their idea was not to have weapon stores with repetitive weapons. You have pistol and uzi in Portland, AK-47, Rifle, Armor, Grenade, Uzi (repeated) in Staunton Island. But in Staunton you also have Phil's place for heavyweight stuff like Shotgun, M16 and Rocket launcher. Phil's place is not a legal weapon store but I guess for Shoreside Vale they decided to do something similar with the remaining weapons which are not sold anywhere - flame thrower and molotov.

Shoreside Vale doesn't seem unfinished to me, they even had time to re-structure it a bit because on beta maps it didn't have the same layout (also it didn't have the airport in the beginning). Each area of Shoreside Vale has something special - the suburb houses in Cedar Grove, the ghetto blocks in Wichita Gardens, the Dam, all the factory buildings and even an airport. The East Island of Vice City is more likely to be rushed and unfinished because it has a lot of "featureless" places and buildings, especially for Downtown which (by its name) should be full of live :D (not to mention the stadium being in such a weird place).

Edited by stef_92

• 2 months later...
vladimirdog2021
On 9/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, gui7814 said:

I really don't understand why rockstar instead of putting an ammu-nation in shoreside vale they put a police garage that has weapons to buy and for most people without going to search on the internet this garage goes unnoticed or the person sees the garage but he has no idea that there are weapons to buy there.

I think Rockstar forgot to add Ammu-Nation to Shoreside Vale in GTA 3 and Liberty City Stories.

cant remember

No kidding! I thought I knew everything there was to know about GTA3 but I don't think I knew about that. If I ever did I completely forgot about it.

Just went in the game to check, it's very strangely modeled, the lot with the garages has no "normal" way to get there, except jumping over walls/rooftops.

• Best Bru 1

vladimirdog2021
2 minutes ago, cant remember said:

No kidding! I thought I knew everything there was to know about GTA3 but I don't think I knew about that. If I ever did I completely forgot about it.

Just went in the game to check, it's very strangely modeled, the lot with the garages has no "normal" way to get there, except jumping over walls/rooftops.

There's not a single Ammu-Nation in GTA 3 and Liberty City Stories.

Hell, I even checked the GTA 3 game files to see if there was one.

On 9/17/2023 at 11:33 AM, thehambone said:

To be fair, I wouldn't call this garage behind the police station "Ammunation" for multiple reasons. First and foremost, there is no one there selling these weapons as opposed to how it looks in any "Ammunation" store. Secondly, the weapons can be taken literally for free so they are not sold, but rather put there "as a gift". And finally, it wasn't ever referred to as Ammunation lore-wise either in GTA 3 or GTA LCS. 

Going back to why imo the Ammunation was not present in Shoreside Vale? I would prolly say that it was because of the fact that the whole Shoreside Vale was rushed, especially in GTA 3. The structure of this island and the amount of storyline we are doing is so small... So yeah, as for the reason, just like "thehambone" said.

cant remember

Yeah, instead of asking ourselves why there is no ammunation, we can ask ourselves, why is there not even any frickin story missions there, besides the finale 🤣

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2023 at 5:05 PM, cant remember said:

Yeah, instead of asking ourselves why there is no ammunation, we can ask ourselves, why is there not even any frickin story missions there, besides the finale 🤣

there is, they're from a guy called "D-Ice", so Shoreside has like 6 missions there