The mobile (android/ios) port is the worst, here is why

Claude speed GTA III Fan

Claude speed GTA III Fan

Hi, gta lcs on android is actually nerfed and ai is dumbed down and has different behaviour, especially enemies and cops. It's strange that no body has ever made a video about this or talked about it. I googled alot and i couldn't find any related results. 

For the past week i have played the lcs ps2/psp/android versions extensively. I couldn't help but notice gameplay difference in android which often made it feel like a clone gta from the playstore. 

-Enemies overall are much less aggressive. The don't aim correctly and move in different patterns. 

-cops are dumber too, when on vehicle there are barely any cops chasing you compared to the ps2/psp where it's chaos snd hell, getting slammed from all directions. But on android, the city transforms into a ghost town, barely any traffic and almost no cops chasing you, only when you step out of car, when cops finally arrive and start shooting, even then they are still dumb. The don't attempt tonopen your doors snd arrest you as often, they're just running around more than they're trying to shoot. And worst of all, when you're on a car, i have never seen a cop try throwing a spike on the road to puncture my tires. 

-buses are missing from the streets, only parked. 

- cars have overall more health and less likely to be set on fire from accidents or cops. 

-handling is slightly different, it could be because of the 60 fps. 

To sum it up, best way to play is ps2.  That a port by rockstar themselves, made with love and passion and actually improved on psp, graphics and gameplay wise. 

Imo, all mobile ports of gta, from 3 to sa are trash, they all have bugs and missing features, most famous are missing ambulance and fire track on sa. Besides they were made by groove street. Low IQ devs who clearly had no passion or love to gta games. 

Pretty much, as you said, every mobile port from GTA III to San Andreas is trash (I can't speak for Chinatown Wars since I never played that one beyond a few missions), and there is no difference when it comes to LCS. Everything is dumbed down from the PC (srry, PSP in LCS' case) ports that people pretty much adore.

Edited by Nurse Busta

I did play it a lot on mobile and finished the game once on PPSSPP. I will say that it's nowhere near terrible compared to other ports. Strange as it is, I find the artstyle on mobile version to be almost better than the PSP version's, except some character models being overly bright. Dynamic shadows are a nice touch which I think can't be achieved through PSP or PS2 emulation?

Regarding the artstyle, mobile version resembles GTA III way more due to having a darker filter compared to PSP version which looks very yellow and reminds me more of TLAD. This is obviously a personal preference but the mobile artstyle color is excellent.

Edited by Max Payne

• 2 weeks later...

Well LCS was ported by Lucid games not Grove street games (Former Wardrum)  That one to me plays more like the console version of LCS than 3 VC SA….

Relatively speaking it's not the worst, I could even argue it's the best (if you compare it with the others).

The ports of GTA 3, VC an SA are handled way worse, with SA being the one that suffered the most, especially in terms of bugs and graphics issues. I played LCS mobile after playing GTA 3, VC (and SA for brief period of time) and I can tell that it's the best of all. Of course, it also depends on when did you try it first. The game was released first in 2015 but I played it in 2021 and during those years I don't know what was fixed.

The port of LCS was done by Lucid Games, not Grove Street Games (former War Drum Studios), which might explain the difference.

universetwisters

I do quite like how the mobile port has sharper textures but then again, I heard that they were stolen from a mod or something 

• Like 1

sTgL5iS.png

The fact Lucid made access to the game save location impossible without root, that's what I don't like about the mobile port.

44 minutes ago, gtafaninwest said:

The fact Lucid made access to the game save location impossible without root, that's what I don't like about the mobile port.

Maybe it was intentionally done this way so you can only transfer save files via your social game club account. But that doesn't explain why Bully and GTA SA still keep save files on SD card