did you guys really think claude would be made

now in bomb the act 1 did you all really think claude would be made, when salvatore told him that, now think claude no Italian he couldn’t be made, it an italian mob you have to be italian or your father had to be, i don’t claude father was italian either, so obviously salvatore had already planned the betrayal as he was paranoid, so it couldn’t be maria lie he had already planned it, he did the same to JD an mob boss telling an non italian they’ll be made something up 

think about it

universetwisters

Doesn’t the mafia forbid facial hair? Meanwhile Sal has a huge mustache that probably tickles whoever he kisses.

Sal’s not running a mafia, he’s running a social club for people that’s mafia themed.

• Best Bru 1
  • KEKW 2

sTgL5iS.png

GhettoJesus
2 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Doesn’t the mafia forbid facial hair? Meanwhile Sal has a huge mustache that probably tickles whoever he kisses.

Seems like the internet has conflicting answers, but some sources say that while facial hair is not banned, it's seen as sloppy. But I guess if you are the boss you get to make your own rules.

• Like 1

K2yjoYK.png

Even if Salvatore never attempted to do what he did, I still don't think Claude would be "made", as he is not Italian. 

JD's case is kinda similar I guess, the only difference is that he went from a mafia family into another, which made it even more unlikely for him to be "made" than it already was/is. I feel that as a mafia family member there has to be a large amount of trust placed inside of you in order to be "made".

• 3 months later...
xX_Pan_Koxu_Xx

Leones would use him for more favors and then when he won't be longer needed they would just get rid of him most likely

On 8/9/2023 at 6:15 PM, GhettoJesus said:

Seems like the internet has conflicting answers, but some sources say that while facial hair is not banned, it's seen as sloppy. But I guess if you are the boss you get to make your own rules.

The Leones in both III and LCS have goatees, including Mickey Hamfists anyway.

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

universetwisters
18 minutes ago, Jeansowaty said:

The Leones in both III and LCS have goatees, including Mickey Hamfists anyway.

ThEy ArEnT a ReAl MaFiA

• KEKW 3

sTgL5iS.png

From an immersion-friendly point of view Claude could become a made man, given his deadly efficiency who would refuse him a high ranking post because he doesn't have the same origins as the rest of the mafiosi?

Edited by Evil empire

salazarcosplay

I do not Claude would have been made. Claude would probably have to have been known in the Italian community since childhood. Maybe if he was a childhood friend of Luigi or Joey or a nephew.

On the requirement of being Italian. How would Luigi/Joey/Tony/Salvatore know Claude's background.

I know Joey did say "he ain't Italian and he's no mechanic, but he can get things fixed." -Joey

But how would Joey know if he was or was not Italian.

It possible that Luigi and Salvatore recognized Claude from the newspapers and Salvatore did his research on Claude, and Claude was in fact Italian. Even being Italian he probably would still be killed.  Likewise it is possible Claude was not Italian like JD and he was being lied to.

Claude could have lied about being Italian like an undercover FBI agents in real life.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:04 PM, universetwisters said:

Sal’s not running a mafia, he’s running a social club for people that’s mafia themed.

From what I've read/watched over the years that was an unenforced rule that stemmed from the term "mustache petes" which refers to Sicilian Mafia members who came to the US in the early 20th century. People such as Masseria, Maranzano etc who ironically didn't wear mustaches - the name itself likely scomes from Giuseppe Morello, advisor to Masseria who sported a mustache as was common at the time. There's a whole lot of history but a brief tldr would be that whilst Masseria and Maranzano were engaged in war, the new generation known as "young turks" had grown dissatisfied with the petes who stuck to old world principles. In comes Lucky Luciano who worked under Masseria but had ambitions far outside the scope of old world principles, which lead to him founding an organization with younger mobsters who had similar views culminating in the assassination of Masseria and Luciano taking over the family with approval from Maranzano. This lead to the founding of The Five Families, however Maranzano was then killed on Luciano's orders, with Luciano going on to found The Commission. The rule was based on the younger generation wanting to distance themselves from the old guard and as such mustaches/facial hair were out.

Whilst Lucky's actions did set the benchmark for the American Mafia, rules are often set per family. Lucky would arguably have the ability to tell his organization to keep clean shaven, but other families would not have to adhere to this which is evident from the likes of Scarpa, Spilotro, Testa and many others.

tRSmCi4.gif

cant remember

When I played the game I had no idea what "being made" meant, I thought it just meant to become very rich, eg. having made it.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, universetwisters said:

I think it makes a difference that his is a traditional moustache that is typically a sign of maturity and such in the environment he comes from and not just an unkempt or even kempt/stylised beard.

• 4 months later...
Gabacola

Salvatore or the Leones are probably studying about Claude and got information from 8-Ball that they escaped the prison van, and review about the heist job that he did - checking who's with Claude but found out about that the Colombians are part of the heist meaning he was part of the Cartel once

Since Salvatore has paranoia he would whack Claude for sure but for the meantime he would use him to complete their problems furthermore and using sweet words like "You will be a made man, anything you want" just to gain trust from Claude.