Basketball animation issue

Seba_

I've been recently working on a project and I need to make a scene, in which CJ is balling in one place and then throws the ball after a few seconds. I had no idea how to do something like that, so I looked into the original main.scm, specifically Los Desperados mission to see how Rockstar did it. I managed to spawn the ball and attach it to the player, give the player the right animation, but I'm having issues with giving the animation to the ball. From what I understand each idle animation from the 'BSKTBALL' section has its corresponding ball animation with an additional '_O' in its name. But whenever I tried to animate the ball with the '_O' animation used by Rockstar in Los Desperados the game either crashed or the ball just didn't perform any animation in game. So if anyone knows how to get it done please let me know 😅. I didn't even attempt trying to make CJ throw the ball, so help with that would be appreciated too 😁. Thank you in advance.

animation with '_O' is an animation for object

075A: set_object 1@ animation "BBALL_DNK_O" IFP_file "BSKTBALL" 1000.0 lockF 0 loop 1

Thanks for responding. Pretty sure I've already tried this opcode, but I'm going to check it again and let you know whether it worked.

While it's attached to CJ, the ball just doesn't perform any animation after using the opcode you've given me, and while it isn't, it just falls underground.

only BBALL_INGAME.dff can be used to do the BSKTBALL animations

That was exactly the model I used, but well, thank you for trying to help, I've come up with a different idea for my project, so I don't need to figure this basketball thing out anymore, so thanks agian!😀