Your opinion about the story of GTA LCs

averycarrington

averycarrington

I like the story of the other titles in the series more than this one What do you think, this GTA was able to meet your expectations Unfortunately, the game has weak and often difficult and illogical missions Joey and Luigi have been completely removed Again, changing the voice actors of different characters of Ray Machovski and...

Edited by averycarrington

The worst of the series.

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

AnythingGoner

LCS story is absolutely awful, there's no way to say it nicely.

Edited by DubiousThiny
  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1
  • KEKW 1

IMO better than III (which honestly wasn't difficult to beat in terms of storyline) but that's about it. There are few likeable and unique characters and I find most missions to be pretty forgettable, LCS is probably the 3D era title that I enjoy the least.

For basically the entire story you're like "who's the enemy?", "why are we doing all this?", hell the main villain appears only in the last mission! (and possibly a cameo in another mission, i don't exactly remember all the story details for LCS)

Even side quests are not entertaining to do, most of the stuff comes from previous titles and new activities are extremely boring (yes, selling cars or bikes isn't a great addition).

Maybe not here, but I always see so many people praising LCS and forgetting about VCS. Of course the Trilogy rightfully gets much more love, but between LCS and VCS I think the difference is huge. It's a mediocre GTA, but a good game nonetheless considering the target platform.

• Like 1

universetwisters

It's a bit cheap but I think they were more focused on getting GTA working in 3D and on a mobile console and they were like "Wooo, we finally got GTA working on the PSP! Oh sh*t, we don't got a story yet and we have a month till release!"

It's not as bad as V, but it would've been nice if Toni's mom was the main antagonist instead of whoever Sal disliked tbh

• Like 1

sTgL5iS.png

Anywhere USA
On 7/13/2023 at 2:18 PM, Moncastler said:

IMO better than III (which honestly wasn't difficult to beat in terms of storyline) but that's about it. There are few likeable and unique characters and I find most missions to be pretty forgettable, LCS is probably the 3D era title that I enjoy the least.

For basically the entire story you're like "who's the enemy?", "why are we doing all this?", hell the main villain appears only in the last mission! (and possibly a cameo in another mission, i don't exactly remember all the story details for LCS)

Even side quests are not entertaining to do, most of the stuff comes from previous titles and new activities are extremely boring (yes, selling cars or bikes isn't a great addition).

Maybe not here, but I always see so many people praising LCS and forgetting about VCS. Of course the Trilogy rightfully gets much more love, but between LCS and VCS I think the difference is huge. It's a mediocre GTA, but a good game nonetheless considering the target platform.

The main antagonist (Massimo, Head of the Sicilian Mafia) shows up twice. Once early on in Calm Before the Storm and then in the finale The Sicilian Gambit. Though he’s mentioned in two other missions(Shoot the Messanger and Shoreside Redemption)

This is also the case with the secondary antagonist, Paulie Sindacco(father of Johnny Sindacco and head of the Sindacco family). He shows up in two missions (Taking The Peace, though you can only see him for a moment, and Dead Reckoning where you kill him) and is mentioned in a couple others.

LCS is similar to TBOGT in that most of the villains are moreso your bosses enemy then yours. Massimo and Paulie are problems Salvatore has, Toni has to deal with them. Rocco and his Uncle, Bulgarin, they’re mostly after Tony and Luis has to clean up.

There’s also some weird stuff with Massimo. Despite Toni witnessing him working with the Diablos and Triads he seemingly doesn’t tell Salvatore(given he’s shocked at their sudden losses and then goes and blames the mayor instead), but by the end of the Staunton arc he seemingly DOES know and kills a Forelli wise guy so Franco doesn’t find out.

Oh yeah. Franco Forelli(Quaternary Villain) isn’t even seen in person. We don’t even know for certain if he survived the events of the game or not. He could have very easily died in Bringing the House Down, but they don’t say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
averycarrington

بسیار عجیب و نادر از این نظر خوب است که داستان سن اندرس و حضور شخصیت های قدیمی را به GTA 3 مرتبط می کند.

On 7/14/2023 at 1:30 AM, universetwisters said:

It's a bit cheap but I think they were more focused on getting GTA working in 3D and on a mobile console and they were like "Wooo, we finally got GTA working on the PSP! Oh sh*t, we don't got a story yet and we have a month till release!"

It's not as bad as V, but it would've been nice if Toni's mom was the main antagonist instead of whoever Sal disliked tbh

Don't forget that Toni Cipriani is a member of Salvatore's mafia, that's the way it is. From a player's perspective who wants to be the center of the game maybe it's understandable to think it's weird but if you look at it differently - that's basically the way in gang organisations. You work for the boss of the organisation, you do whatever he wants you to do and your enemies are whoever he says they are. Toni, as such member, is no different - he does whatever Salvatore orders him to do.

So it's understandable to dislike the way things are in LCS when you compare this with characters like Claude, Vic or Tommy who by the time of the events of their games are by themselves and don't belong to any gang organisations (some of them even create their own).

Or in other words - in LCS you have less freedom to role play compared to other GTA games, just because of who your character is.

Edited by stef_92