Jump to content

Liberty Tweaks


catsmackaroo

Recommended Posts

catsmackaroo

main.png?ex=65e904e0&is=65d68fe0&hm=f3ef

 

A highly configurable quality-of-life mod for Grand Theft Auto IV.

by catsmackarooItsClonkAndre, & Gillian

 

What is this?

This is a quality-of-life mod for GTA IV geared towards making it a more modern title; attempting to enhance all of its greatest qualities. Such as immersion & gameplay. 

How is that? Well, by adding tons of modern standards to the classic title, fixing various bugs, & increasing the danger in the city.

 

Configuration!

This mod is extremely configurable! You can disable/enable any & all features, as well as tweak certain ones for compatibility/customization purposes.

Open the .ini file within IVSDKDotNet>Scripts for this configuration feature.

 

// Features \\

  • Quick-Saving - Press a key to quick-save. You can choose whether or not you want to select saves with this.
  • Tweakable FOV - Easily configure field of view! Default is a 1.07x multiplier.
  • Weapon Holstering - Press a key to holster/unholster your weapons.
  • Movement with Sniper - When aiming with a sniper, you can now move around.
  • Weapon Magazines - Magazines, rockets, & shotgun shells are now visible when reloading. (IV guns only)
  • Remove Weapons on Death - Removes all weapons upon death.
  • Improved AI - The AI have enhanced precision & accuracy.
  • Improved Dialogue - Much more speech lines occur during gameplay. More specifically, in combat, when picking up items, & when falling.
  • Health Regeneration - The player's health will now regenerate when flashing red. (Occurs 30 secs to 1 min by default).
  • Armored Cops - Having a higher wanted level will result in the police spawning with armor. (4 stars by default.)
  • Lose Stars While Unseen - Being unseen by police for long durations will slowly reduce your wanted level. (1-2 minutes by default.)
  • Toggle HUD - Press a key to disable main HUD elements.
  • Vehicles Break on Fire - Stops engines of vehicles that are on fire.
  • Overtaking Fix - No longer will peds obnoxiously overtake the player.
  • Brake Lights Fix - When player is stopped in a vehicle, your brake lights will flick on.
  • Ice Cream Speech Fix - The MrTasty car jack voice lines for Niko have returned. 
  • Wheel Fix - When exiting vehicles while having your wheels turned, your wheels stay turned visibly.
  • Unholstered Wanted Fix - If your weapons are equipped with police nearby, you will become wanted.

 

// Media \\

Overtaking Fix

Spoiler

giphy.gif

 

Brake Lights Fix

Spoiler

giphy.gif

 

Weapon Magazines

Spoiler

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

 

Quick-Saving

Spoiler

giphy.gif

 

Tweakable FOV

Spoiler

giphy.gif

DOWNLOAD

Early Access 1.4

Requires: IV SDK .NET & Clonk's Coding Library

Head into IVSDKDotNet > config.ini & disable PauseExecutionWhenNotInFocus to prevent issues with Gun Magazines.

Edited by catsmackaroo
Added early access to 1.4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Chunk Norris

Very nice mod and a + that we can easily disable features that we don't want to use, for example quick saving.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vladislav2003

How to install the Clonk Coding Librarie? My English is not very good and I have not found instruction for install of it. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chunk Norris
4 minutes ago, Vladislav2003 said:

How to install the Clonk Coding Librarie? My English is not very good and I have not found instruction for install of it. 😅

Like with all usual .dll files you want to put them next to the game's .exe file unless they specify otherwise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vladislav2003
5 minutes ago, Chunk Norris said:

Like with all usual .dll files you want to put them next to the game's .exe file unless they specify otherwise

Thanks you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

This seems almost too good to be true. Definitely gonna try it out. I have a question tho; about the no overtaking thing, will cars still be able to go around you if you're parked or waiting on the side of the street? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

catsmackaroo
2 hours ago, 9604 said:

This seems almost too good to be true. Definitely gonna try it out. I have a question tho; about the no overtaking thing, will cars still be able to go around you if you're parked or waiting on the side of the street? 

The overtaking fix checks if a car is directly behind you, and if there is (with someone inside) it'll task the driver to stop.

Basically, cars go around you if you're parked on the side properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this mod, it does some nice things for the game. One weird thing though is that the Field of View Modifier string in the ini file seems to be ignored. I had to hex edit the dll file to change the actual modifier. The other settings work as expected, as far as I can tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hiya🤠

 

You probably noticed that too already, but:

With the wheels fix, for the second it takes Niko to exit the car, the wheels turns straight again and only after the door is closed, the wheels “jumps” back into their turned position. I know it’s a very minor thing, but after all, we’re all about the small details, aren’t we?🤓

 

I don’t know if this can be fixed but I’d love it! Anyways, thanks for your awesome mod!💝

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another idea, that just came to my mind, as I was breaking through a NOOSE-roadblock:
If possible, I think it would be nice to add two GTA V gameplay functions;

1. the ability to duck while driving, so the player doesn't take as much damage

2. the ability to aim with LB and fire with RB, so when playing with an (XBOX) controller, you can actually aim properly, before you have to start shooting.

 

Of course, the handbrake button would have to be relocated then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This looks really promising, but, I dare you to find people who will ditch their ENB in favor of IV SDK. I mean, seriously, I can't even run the game in vulkan with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chunk Norris
4 hours ago, 1xGamer said:

This looks really promising, but, I dare you to find people who will ditch their ENB in favor of IV SDK. I mean, seriously, I can't even run the game in vulkan with this.

you can use dxvk with ivtweaker. you jsut won't see messages that mods draw on your screen but everythink else will work. And you would not only switch for this to 1080 but there are mother mods like liberty rush and potential grim as well. Plus the shader fixes which makes the game look brilliant even without ENB

Edited by Chunk Norris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Does this mod also make it so pedestrians don't always run away and scream when you honk your horn?

 

Also, does quick saving with F9 not work if you use ZMenu trainer?

Edited by Mackintoke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BUMP! F9 doesn't seem to do anything. I started a new game and pressed it right when I got off the boat, nothing happened.

EDIT: Never mind I got it to work. LOL I forgot the prerequisites. I deserve to die.

 

EDIT 2: Dayum, losing your weapons when you die is a bitch. I wish there was a weapon stash mod, so I can store a couple of backup guns at my safehouse for when I die. Actually there is a weapon stash mod but it's really old and doesn't support EFLC.

Edited by Mackintoke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yo man here is the issue:
When gun magazines enabled, and then u press K in game - slowmo kicks in, L - it turns off
Just found out why this keeps happening to me, sometimes it drove me crazy, due to the interference of other scripts
Hope u fix it in nearest patch🥰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing mod, the magazine when reloading it's a fun little detail but the features that makes this mod great is the improved AI.

I was looking for years on how to make all the NPCs more accurate just like the PedSkills mod for San Andreas. Thank you!

 

EDIT: I'm using DXVK and I haven't seen any issue so far.
 

On 8/26/2023 at 9:27 AM, jadordior said:

Yo man here is the issue:
When gun magazines enabled, and then u press K in game - slowmo kicks in, L - it turns off
Just found out why this keeps happening to me, sometimes it drove me crazy, due to the interference of other scripts
Hope u fix it in nearest patch🥰

And yeah this is the weird part about the mod lol I don't know why the game has slowmo now? Is there a way to disable it? Just like jadordior says, K is on and L is off.

Edited by seju96
Add information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

💥New Update 💥

1.2 Release Notes

Fixes

  • Removed debug slo-mo keys (K & L)

Improved Dialogue

  • More Combat Lines - The player will insult enemies in combat more often.
  • Search Body Lines - Voice lines will play when the player runs over items near corpses. Typically, quite cheeky. 🧐🍷
  • V-Like Screaming - The player will scream more often when falling, as seen in GTA V. A simple port from this mod.

 

Download

Warning: IV Tweaker is now required

Edited by catsmackaroo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, catsmackaroo said:

Removed debug slo-mo keys (K & L)

Immediately the best update to this yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great update! After some testing I must say that the "Improved AI" is a bit broken. Now 3 star helicopters are deadly, they shoot non stop and they're very accurate.

In general it's a good addition but it would be perfect if the accuracy was improved half than it is now. If the accuracy multiplier value now is 3 for example, I believe that 1.5 would work better.

Perhaps a configurable value in the .ini file? Cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, seju96 said:

Great update! After some testing I must say that the "Improved AI" is a bit broken. Now 3 star helicopters are deadly, they shoot non stop and they're very accurate.

In general it's a good addition but it would be perfect if the accuracy was improved half than it is now. If the accuracy multiplier value now is 3 for example, I believe that 1.5 would work better.

Perhaps a configurable value in the .ini file? Cheers.

And after more testing I discovered that the "Improved AI" feature also breaks player accuracy, makes tapping with rifles impossible. Why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2023 at 12:47 PM, seju96 said:

Great update! After some testing I must say that the "Improved AI" is a bit broken. Now 3 star helicopters are deadly, they shoot non stop and they're very accurate.

In general it's a good addition but it would be perfect if the accuracy was improved half than it is now. If the accuracy multiplier value now is 3 for example, I believe that 1.5 would work better.

Perhaps a configurable value in the .ini file? Cheers.

Will definitely look into making it configurable, a solid idea!

Improved AI doesn't feel that broken to me, but in the code, they are made to be broken, so it doesn't make too much sense. More specifically, their accuracy numbers are supposed to be set between 80-100 😅And firing rate is 95-100

 

On 9/19/2023 at 11:21 AM, seju96 said:

And after more testing I discovered that the "Improved AI" feature also breaks player accuracy, makes tapping with rifles impossible. Why?

I'm not sure what you're running into, but I don't have this issue myself. Do you have Improved Animations Pack installed? I do recommend it.

Edited by catsmackaroo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, catsmackaroo said:

Will definitely look into making it configurable, a solid idea!

Improved AI doesn't feel that broken to me, but in the code, they are made to be broken, so it doesn't make too much sense. More specifically, their accuracy numbers are supposed to be set between 80-100 😅And firing rate is 95-100

 

I'm not sure what you're running into, but I don't have this issue myself. Do you have Improved Animations Pack installed? I do recommend it.

Yeah, at first the Improved AI felt balanced but from 3 stars up the police chases become pure chaos, specially for the helicopters. I feel that firing rate is good but the accuracy it's maybe too high.

 

Regarding the player accuracy, yes, I use the Improved Animations Pack. When Improved AI is on, when I try tapping with any weapon, the third or fourth time I shoot the aiming is way off and innacurate.
However when I turn off Improved AI the tapping is normal and every shoot is accurate. It's like then Improved AI is on the weapons have more bullet spread, perhaps I could demostrate it with a video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baby hotfix update, 1.2.1! 💥

 

Fixes
- Fixed Improved Dialogue options not properly disabling

 

Configuration
- Configuration for Improved AI accuracy & firerates has been added
- The configuration file has been cleaned up a lot & now has further explanations for almost every option

 

Download

 

2 hours ago, seju96 said:

Yeah, at first the Improved AI felt balanced but from 3 stars up the police chases become pure chaos, specially for the helicopters. I feel that firing rate is good but the accuracy it's maybe too high.

 

Regarding the player accuracy, yes, I use the Improved Animations Pack. When Improved AI is on, when I try tapping with any weapon, the third or fourth time I shoot the aiming is way off and innacurate.
However when I turn off Improved AI the tapping is normal and every shoot is accurate. It's like then Improved AI is on the weapons have more bullet spread, perhaps I could demostrate it with a video.

Maybe a video would help, I dunno. I don't personally run into this issue, & thus I can't really test it. I have no clue what could be doing a ting like that. GTA IV Modding is always so inconsistent 🙄

Edited by catsmackaroo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi catsmackaroo, first of all thanks for your numerous modding videos which actually introduced me to IV modding ✨❤️

A few quick questions. Is this mod incompatible with DXVK because of IV-SDK? 

And why does it need IV-tweaker to work? 

And the last one, I have the latest Fusion Fix installed, are they compatible? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AngryMeatPie said:

Hi catsmackaroo, first of all thanks for your numerous modding videos which actually introduced me to IV modding ✨❤️

A few quick questions. Is this mod incompatible with DXVK because of IV-SDK? 

And why does it need IV-tweaker to work? 

And the last one, I have the latest Fusion Fix installed, are they compatible? 

Thx for the kind words 💞

  1. Unfortunately, yeah this won't work with DXVK as it utilizes IV SDK .NET.
  2. It requires IV Tweaker now because the weapon magazines stopped working for unknown reasons. The code was 1:1 from before so I'm not sure why it stopped working. Got sick of trying to figure it out, so I just use IV Tweaker for now.
  3. Yeah, it's compatible with FusionFix. You could probably use the modloader from FusionFix instead of IV Tweaker if you really wanted to, but I don't use that so IDK. 
Edited by catsmackaroo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, catsmackaroo said:

Unfortunately, yeah this won't work with DXVK as it utilizes IV SDK .NET.

So Chunk Norris was wrong, then? I found this message left back in summer, he was replying to a guy who asked if it worked with dxvk 

On 8/1/2023 at 9:06 AM, Chunk Norris said:

you can use dxvk with ivtweaker. you jsut won't see messages that mods draw on your screen but everythink else will work

 

Edited by AngryMeatPie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AngryMeatPie said:

So Chunk Norris was wrong, then? I found this message left back in summer, he was replying to a guy who asked if it worked with dxvk 

 

I assume he meant IV SDK .NET, but yeah, he's right.

Technically you can use it in conjunction, more specifically, yes you can technically use LibertyTweaks with DXVK & IV SDK .NET in one. The .log message goes over this if you try it, I think. I just don't recommend it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for the offtopic question

What could cause the downgraded game to still see 1971 Mb of VRAM instead of 2048, even with two VRAM fixes working (Zolika Patch and Xliveless add-on are installed)? 

The problem is present in my clean downgrade (only has latest Fusion Fix), in my current version everything's fine. 

 

Edit: never mind that, fixed it by setting the value in the commandline

Edited by AngryMeatPie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2023 at 1:30 PM, catsmackaroo said:

Baby hotfix update, 1.2.1! 💥

 

Fixes
- Fixed Improved Dialogue options not properly disabling

 

Configuration
- Configuration for Improved AI accuracy & firerates has been added
- The configuration file has been cleaned up a lot & now has further explanations for almost every option

 

Download

 

Maybe a video would help, I dunno. I don't personally run into this issue, & thus I can't really test it. I have no clue what could be doing a ting like that. GTA IV Modding is always so inconsistent 🙄

Thank you for the update, I believe that setting the accuracy and firerate to 80 provides a modern GTA IV experience, great work!
However the tapping bug is still present, I made you a video so you can compare the original bulletspread with the one in LibertyTweaks.

I tried disabling ImprovedAI and GunMagazines but the accuracy was still bugged. When I deleted LibertyTweaks files the accuracy was back to normal, here's the video and an image if it expires.

 

Video: https://streamable.com/mgd676

Just a quick note is that I'm talking about tapping bulletspread (Short M1 clicks) and not the overall bulletpread (Holding M1) 

A9TSpi9.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, seju96 said:

Thank you for the update, I believe that setting the accuracy and firerate to 80 provides a modern GTA IV experience, great work!
However the tapping bug is still present, I made you a video so you can compare the original bulletspread with the one in LibertyTweaks.

I tried disabling ImprovedAI and GunMagazines but the accuracy was still bugged. When I deleted LibertyTweaks files the accuracy was back to normal, here's the video and an image if it expires.

 

Video: https://streamable.com/mgd676

Just a quick note is that I'm talking about tapping bulletspread (Short M1 clicks) and not the overall bulletpread (Holding M1) 

A9TSpi9.jpg

 

One thing I also noticed is that even if you turn some settings to 0, the features will still be on. Such as More combat lines and gun magazines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.