GTA VC Launching then 1 sec later crashes to desktop

Caps king

Caps king

i have a severe problem with gta vc, so when i try to launch gta vc, it launches then 1 sec after launching it crashes back to the desktop, any solutions? i am on a win11 pc i brought in feb of this year, i am on retail version, i did the properties run in win98/xp compatibility mode, 640x480 screen resolution, still, anything to fix it?

I would suggest that you try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7/8 instead of 98 or XP. Also, make sure that you turn on Data Execution Prevention for the EXE and mostly important, check the GPU/iGPU drivers. Windows 11 is notorious for crashing for the later reason.

0rTqlCW.png

Intel Core i5-12400F | MSI MAG Z790 ACE | Adata XPG Gammix D30 16GB 3200MHz CL16
Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 80 Plus | MSI MAG FORGE M100A | ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super EVO V2 OC | Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SATA SSD
WD Blue™ SATA SSD M.2 2280 500GB | Western Digital 1TB HDD | Cooler Master Hyper T20 CPU Air Cooler

Evil empire

If the above doesn't work remove gta_vc.set it might fix your problem.

@Caps king Have you checked what others said here, did anything help?

If you want you can upload your save file to gtasnp so it can be checked. (send the link when it is uploaded)

Btw are you using any mods there? Certain mods can crash your game, or could cause other issues.

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif