GTA SA Low FPS?

randomman99

randomman99

For some reason my FPS in GTA SA is low its like 39-40 which shouldn't happen as it didn't happen before

i put all cores in affinity and even put it in high priority

Mods i have:

-SilentPatch

-Widescreen Fix

-First Person

My specs:

GPU : GTX 1660S

CPU : i5-3350P   (i do have bottleneck but since fps used to be fine its not it)

RAM : 16GB DDR3

I just started playing again and why is this happening?

@randomman99

You have the framelimiter to on or off from the options?

Set it at 1920x1080 too.

Also the anti aliasing to  off or only set to 2.

• Like 1

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

randomman99
25 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

@randomman99

You have the framelimiter to on or off from the options?

Set it at 1920x1080 too.

Also the anti aliasing to  off or only set to 2.

frame limiter off

its set to 1920x1080 

but AA is at maximum since i usually play games at that cuz it ruins the immersion when u see jagged lines everywhere but i will try and see thanks

EDIT: OK IT WORKED. I barely see a difference in quality but FPS in CJ's house is 400 and 100 in Ganton TYSM!!!

Edited by randomman99
To say that it worked
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, randomman99 said:

frame limiter off

its set to 1920x1080 

but AA is at maximum since i usually play games at that cuz it ruins the immersion when u see jagged lines everywhere but i will try and see thanks

EDIT: OK IT WORKED. I barely see a difference in quality but FPS in CJ's house is 400 and 100 in Ganton TYSM!!!

Alright! Good that it worked but that's a bit weird this happens.. Do you have the DEP mod installed?

This is from its site:

If you are experiencing FPS issues, follow these steps:

• In the scripts folder, open the skygfx.ini file and change the values to degrade the quality of effects and vegetation:

"detailMaps=1" to "detailMaps=0"

"grassAddAmbient=1" to "grassAddAmbient=0"

"grassBackfaceCull=1" to "grassBackfaceCull=0"

5. If you want to change the FPS (this may cause some bugs and make story missions unavailable), you can change the following values in the FramerateVigilante.ini; III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.ini files:

"FPSLimit=30" to "FPSLimit=60"

6. If you need to change the aspect ratio, open GTASA.WidescreenFix.ini in the scripts folder and change the values to the desired value.

"ForceAspectRatio = 16:9" change as you need.

"FrontendAspectRatio = 16:9" change as you need.

7. If you are experiencing problems running the game, try setting compatibility with Windows XP in the properties of the executable file.

8. You can enable anisotropic filtering and vsync for smoother gaming and detailed graphics in your graphics card settings.

If it's fine now you don't have to do these, but just confused there. Your processor yeah that's a bit of a problem.

Anyways good that now it's fine :)

Edited by 44Orca
  • Like 1

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

randomman99
13 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

Alright! Good that it worked but that's a bit weird this happens.. Do you have the DEP mod installed?

This is from its site:

If you are experiencing FPS issues, follow these steps:

• In the scripts folder, open the skygfx.ini file and change the values to degrade the quality of effects and vegetation:

"detailMaps=1" to "detailMaps=0"

"grassAddAmbient=1" to "grassAddAmbient=0"

"grassBackfaceCull=1" to "grassBackfaceCull=0"

5. If you want to change the FPS (this may cause some bugs and make story missions unavailable), you can change the following values in the FramerateVigilante.ini; III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.ini files:

"FPSLimit=30" to "FPSLimit=60"

6. If you need to change the aspect ratio, open GTASA.WidescreenFix.ini in the scripts folder and change the values to the desired value.

"ForceAspectRatio = 16:9" change as you need.

"FrontendAspectRatio = 16:9" change as you need.

7. If you are experiencing problems running the game, try setting compatibility with Windows XP in the properties of the executable file.

8. You can enable anisotropic filtering and vsync for smoother gaming and detailed graphics in your graphics card settings.

If it's fine now you don't have to do these, but just confused there. Your processor yeah that's a bit of a problem.

Anyways good that now it's fine :)

i don't have DEP and thx again