GTA 5: The perfect overhaul mods for replayability.

Ab duoh

GTA 5 is not perfectin this topic I will be showing you all how to improve and fix some aspects of the game using mods to make it more enjoyable and a bit closer to the older titles, GTA 6 is around the corner, so I imagine lots of you are looking to replay this game.

DISCLAIMER! (I'm not the creator of any of these mods, this is just a list) DISCLAIMER!

AND DON'T MIX STUFF FROM THIS LIST WITH OTHER MODS THAT MAY BE INCOMBATABLE. ALL THE MODS HERE SHOULD BE INSTALLED ON A CLEAN, VANILLA GTA 5.

IF YOU ENCOUNTER BUGS/CRASHES I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE!

Things that these mods were listed upon:

1. It needs to be lore friendly.

2. It needs to be stable (no crashes)

3. The game needs to remain functional, meaning that no game mechanics/storyline scripts break.

4. Each mod needs to have a purpose (no adding of mods just for the sake of having a large number of mods) this rule doesn't matter since you only install the mods you want.

We all know how f*cked up the police system is in the vanilla game so I gotta introduce the first and most important mod in the entire list: Dispatch & Tactics Enhancement V

This mod does a f*ck ton of stuff I can't even list all of them but in simple words what it does is completely overhaul the AI and police system, here is the stuff I like about it:

the dispatch roster is completely refreshed as now you will see AnnihilatorsRiots, detectives, FIB, Police vans and more (doesn't replace vanilla vehicles) they all come after you depending on your wanted level, cops now are keener to arrest you and you can resist arrest by pressing shift (just like GTA 4). There is also this red&blue zone on the map which is way better than the stupid hiding that we were stuck with. And the stealth actually functions now. Crimes need to be witnessed before you can get wanted level so enjoy shooting in the middle of nowhere knowing that you won't get wanted level, suppressors are actually useful now so it won't alert everybody in proximity. Units can actually properly break in and search interiors now unlike the vanilla game where they kept going ape-sh*t, Additionally npcs don't have aimbot anymore and can actually miss, cops are harder to shake off, it's recommended to go on foot between buildings in the city and go offroad on high ways to lose them easily (you wanna choose the lite edition because the standard edition is intrusive and might even cause bugs. Use the witnessinformation.meta file from stealth fix and also pair with swat interior fix

Drive V. Now the handling has a learning curve and a higher skill ceiling!

Better Gang Activity. LS is now more dangerous and livelier than ever! Each district will have its respective gang spawn in it. In the vanilla game they would only spawn them in specific scripted points, but now they can be spotted roaming around in traffic and if you dare provoke them you will be toast! they also get aggressive towards other gangs, the player and sometimes the police. to avoid potential crashes make sure to use this. Install only the files you see in this video:

(EDIT: my dumb ass forgot to add all the scenario files at the end, my bad. You can use those)

Immersive Combat makes combat more engaging; accuracy is decreased, damage is increased, and fire rates have changed.

Finite Cops creates a third way to lose wanted level as killing a certain number of cops in a certain amount of time erases wanted level. It's not as easy as it sounds and it's quite difficult to achieve but it works well.

True Explosions by GTAutomatic makes explosions function better, they now have a radial damage system so you will take damage depending on how far/close you are instead of the instant death/0 damage loss, they also have realistic distances like gas tankers and gas stations make big explosions for example. Install in: mods/update/update.rpf\x64\data\metadata\explosion.ymt

Bass Dragon's Euphoria Ragdoll Overhaul. if you care about physics these tweaks ragdolls to be more satisfying while not over-exaggerated like rage euphoria for instance. 

Disarm allows you to shoot a gun off a person's hand just like GTA 4.

Don't Writhe stops npcs from instantly dying when shot in the leg.

Driver Exits Vehicle When Targeted is self-explanatory, npcs will no longer almost always run you over like assholes, I recommend using my settings.

Consciousness (NPC AI tweaks) tweaks the AI to be better in combat situations.

Fix "NPCs killable by player only" lets allies kill enemies in missions where they normally wouldn't be able to. Darkviperau can finally rest knowing that he can be a pacifist.

Simple Foot Controls is very cool, it allows for simple and fluid movement as it does stuff like letting you jog instead of only sprinting/walking as well as allowing you to sprint in interiors, I recommend using my settings.

Extended Camera Settings adds tons of customization options to the camera like FOV and such.

Mission Only/Rare Vehicles Spawn Naturally allows vehicles that you only see in missions available in free roam, this mod and this too will do the same thing but for weapons.

Realistic Jet Engines adds fun physics at the back of big plane engines.

IV style exit vehicle allows you to keep the engine running when tapping F but completely turning it off as you exit by holding F

Plane Low Speed No Off Engine makes it so plane engines don't turn off at lows speeds (similar to GTA sa)

Hardcore Mode makes the game more challenging.

Open All Interiors makes the open world feel more "open".

Vehicle Explosion Control makes some changes to the way vehicles interpret damage.

Fixed Underwater Spawns and Fixed Special Abilities fixes stuff and blah blah blah.

Seamless Character Switching *somehow better than expanded and enhanced🤦‍♂️*

Kill Cam creates Maxpayne-like effects when killing enemies, I recommend using my settings.

Weapon/Vehicle Trader allows you to purchase vehicles and weapons from gta online. After beating the game you are left with a big ass pile of money and nothing to do with it, this helps make use of your cash. Avoid Ifruit 2.0 stuff.

Drugs delivery (IV Drugs delivery missions) gives us drug dealing missions similar to jacob's from gta iv.

JavelinV - (Hit/assasination contracts) do some hits.

The Homies lets you recruit grove members as Franklin, it's not the most lore friendly mod because Franklin isn't so deep into the hood but it's a good addition, nonetheless.

GTA Online Survivals adds challenging waves of enemies to fight, I recommend installing this after beating the game and getting bored of it as I think you get to keep the weapon pickups, thus you would be overpowered getting weapons this good if starting a new game.

Restored Beta Mission Passed Themes restores some good tunes when passing missions as Michael/Trevor/Franklin.

VisualVanilla restores the colours and atmosphere of the ps3 and Xbox 360 while adding some enhancements, very faithful.

ETR - Extrasunny timecycle REMASTER makes the atmosphere similar to the 3D universe with its stylistic and striking art style, I recommend combining it with VisualVanilla for the sake of variety.

GTA 5 remastered: enhancedForests of san andreas: revised and Beta Map Restoration COMPLETELY overhaul the map, it's really a day and night change.

Project Textures Revamped is a mod that's constantly upscaling the textures of the game with an update every now and then.

Also, check out everything that Dock mentioned down below.

Thanks for reading this thread I hope your GTA 5 is more enjoyable now!

Edited by Ab duoh
Typos, mod changes and retitle.

On 3/28/2023 at 10:15 PM, ImCalledAbdo said:

We all know how f*cked up the police system is in the vanilla game so I gotta introduce the first and most important mod in the entire list; Dispatch & Tactics Enhancement V 

this mod does a f*ck ton of stuff I can't even list all of them but in simple words what it does is completely overhaul the AI and police system, here is the stuff I like about it:

the dispatch roster is completely refreshed as now you will see AnnihilatorsRiots, detectives, FIB (doesn't replace vanilla vehicles) they all come after you depending on your wanted level, cops now are keener to arrest you and you can resist arrest by pressing shift (just like GTA 4) there is also this wanted zone on the map which is way better than the stupid hiding system that we were stuck with

spacer.png

the stealth actually functions now, crimes need to be witnessed before you can get wanted level so enjoy shooting in the middle of nowhere knowing that you won't get wanted level, suppressors are actually useful now so it won't alert everybody in proximity, (you can even stealth stab a cop unwitnessed without getting wanted level it's amazing) additionally npcs don't have aimbot anymore and can actually miss, cops are harder to shake off, it's recommended to go on foot between buildings in the city and go offroad on high ways to lose them easily, unfortunately you can only download this mod through a discord server because the latest version isn't released on gta5mods.com (only has old version) which doesn't include everything yet but still Tho it's a 100% worth making a discord account for, just sayin'. (you wanna choose the lite edition because the standard edition is intrusive and might even cause bugs you also wanna install it in both update.rpf and then in common.rpf as well because the file paths are incorrect for some reason)

Instead of the now outdated "dispatch enhancement V" join their discord and download DTAR or SALE instead, both are like extremely better and are highly improved over DTE. https://discord.gg/eKwSUxr33p

(Ik u mentioned it, but I just linked it for convenience)

On 3/28/2023 at 11:06 PM, ImCalledAbdo said:

oh btw if files are idnetical don't panic, just install the mods in the same order as listed so you don't overwrite the important stuff

A lot of these would f*ck with dtar, so y'all be careful installing it lol.

I'd recommend we make merger files so they work with all mods.

Edit 2: pathfiles are correct in DTAR lite.

Any file with the same name as common.rpf placed in update.rpf will still work.

That's why update.rpf exists. You can replace common.rpf files on update.rpf and they still function

Edited by Matushka
Clarification

On 3/29/2023 at 10:08 PM, Matushka said:

Instead of the now outdated "dispatch enhancement V" join their discord and download DTAR or SALE instead, both are like extremely better and are highly improved over DTE. https://discord.gg/eKwSUxr33p

That's why update.rpf exists. You can replace common.rpf files on update.rpf and they still function

thanks bro, but just a few clarifications: I did link the discord server if you happened to click on it you will know and the only mods that intervene are improved loadouts and sa/iv relationships which I personally think are better, and about the common.rpf thing, in the installation tutorial they tell you to go to the update.rfp right? well after the los santos tuners update manually installing mods in the update.rpf folder will make your game unplayable. the correct folder you should install this mod in is common.rpf  so for safety install in in both and by the way all files included inside the x64 still go to the x64 inside update folder (the one that contains update.rpf)

Edited by ImCalledAbdo
common.rpf stuff

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 10:08 PM, Matushka said:

Update: the latest version is now on gta5mods

The latest version of DTAR can causes issues with story mode missions Ive found. On my playthrough it constantly made the game crash right after the first cutscene in "Dead Man Walking" (the one where Michael is sent to the morgue).

Everything else you suggested is fine :) (though I personally avoid HKH's mods because his UI always looks like sh*t; just an awful mess and it makes everything he makes feel super cheap)

Ill add my own recommendations here (that I can remember rn):

1. VisualV instead of VisualVanilla: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/visualv

I find some of VisualVanilla's choices a bit off, clouds mainly. It can look a bit jarring during certain times of day. VisualV gives your game a good clean and sharp look, which I personally prefer over VisualVanilla. The one gripe I have with VisualV is that it changes how Chrome materials look, and not necessarily in a good way imo. BUT its easy to revert the shader file using the original game files.

One benefit of VisualVanilla however is that in its optional folders is a VERY USEFUL list of effect tweaks that you should definitely try out to remove certain features like Animorphic Flares, Coronas, Lens Flare, etc. Helps clean up the final image a lot. Most of it is achieved through an OIV installer that edits just the relevant lines in "visualsettings.dat" file, so you can safely use it on top of whatever graphics mod you use.

(The author of VisualVanilla is currently working on "StryVision", which is shaping up quite nicely and I think will potentially replace VisualV for me; its a stylized look that reminds me of NaturalVision Evolved's early releases.)

I have personally combined VisualV with:

2. NaturalVision Evolved Single Player's TEXTURE AND MODEL ASSETS

The work they've done reworking a lot of the base game texture and model work has been quite astonishing I think, AND its all lore-friendly as well. Because of the way its been structured, using these assets is as simple as just adding the aptly named DLC folders (NVE_roads, NVE_vegetation, etc.). That being said, there is a little editing involved to make lighting match with the new models (just 1 timecycle file actually), and you can bring over a lot of further improvements if you know your way around the game's files :)

Some examples from my personal game using VisualV and NVE's improvements

3DEV9N4Jv3-L.png

t_M-2yCo4hu3.pngqQRmG4IZjs1H.png

bsAoFFJCXZiU.png

3. Vehicle Horn Overhaul: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/vehicle-horn-overhaul

Makes all relevant vanilla and a few initial update's vehicles have new and unique horns, which is pretty neat to hear in action when you've got them driving around in traffic.

4. Extended Score and Sirens Fix:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/extended-score-for-wanted-levels-add-on-sound

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/emergency-sirens-fixes-improvements-add-on-sound

Self explanatory; really neat mods. I would recommend checking the author's entire mod list, there's some incredible stuff in there!

5. Alarm on Explosions (and gunfire): https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/alarm-on-explosions-net

A cool script that makes it so that any nearby vehicle within a configured radius will trip its alarm when explosions or gunfire is set off. Can make firefights a lot more "atmospheric" lol

6. Remastered Old Gen Minimap: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/nxg-radar#description_tab

The grayscale map we have now is fine, but the old gen one looks a lot nicer :)

7. Quality of Life Vehicle Pack: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/quality-of-life-vehicle-pack-replace

This is a vehicle pack that aims to fix issues with ALL of the vanilla day 1 vehicle models (i.e. not stuff added with Online) , primarily their normals (look at how the reflections are on the original vehicle models near doors, and then check the new ones from the pack to get an idea). The author aims to update the pack each month with vehicles until the entire set is done.

8. Airwaves and Pre-Millennium Radio:

Restore the beta soundtrack and add a brand new station.

9. Motels and Restaurants:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/hotels-motels-with-a-small-cutscene

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/restaurants-with-a-small-cutscene

Adds a system where you can pass time by getting a room at various motels and hotels around the map, and the latter lets you heal yourself by visiting various eateries around the map.

Note that it DOES NOT ADD ANY INTERIORS, its just a simple fade to black in and out, but done in a way that fits with the game's existing UI and gameplay.

10. Chameleon Paints: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/chameleon-paint-add-on

Enables the chameleon paint system thats available in GTA V E&E (which they left in the current game version disabled -__- some selling point lol ) and adds a lot of custom colours beyond what Rockstar made for E&E too. Can be accessed normally in game through Los Santos Customs as well under the Chrome section!

-luajUAcHAGR.png

There's a lot more, I just cant remember all of it rn :D Some scripts I have aren't available on GTA5-Mods, like "Vehicle Options" that allows for various options like having your brake lights illuminate when stopped, GTA IV style engine control, etc.

If anyone is interested in discussing this to set up a similar build or to just chat about mods, feel free to hit me up on Discord. I'm more than happy to talk about this sort of stuff :beerhat: and thank you OP for curating a good list as well

Edited by Dock

_M0arHnLDgFT.png

On 8/23/2023 at 4:05 PM, Dock said:

The latest version of DTAR can causes issues with story mode missions Ive found. On my playthrough it constantly made the game crash right after the first cutscene in "Dead Man Walking" (the one where Michael is sent to the morgue).

Everything else you suggested is fine :) (though I personally avoid HKH's mods because his UI always looks like sh*t; just an awful mess and it makes everything he makes feel super cheap)

Ill add my own recommendations here (that I can remember rn):

1. VisualV instead of VisualVanilla: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/visualv

I find some of VisualVanilla's choices a bit off, clouds mainly. It can look a bit jarring during certain times of day. VisualV gives your game a good clean and sharp look, which I personally prefer over VisualVanilla. The one gripe I have with VisualV is that it changes how Chrome materials look, and not necessarily in a good way imo. BUT its easy to revert the shader file using the original game files.

One benefit of VisualVanilla however is that in its optional folders is a VERY USEFUL list of effect tweaks that you should definitely try out to remove certain features like Animorphic Flares, Coronas, Lens Flare, etc. Helps clean up the final image a lot. Most of it is achieved through an OIV installer that edits just the relevant lines in "visualsettings.dat" file, so you can safely use it on top of whatever graphics mod you use.

(The author of VisualVanilla is currently working on "StryVision", which is shaping up quite nicely and I think will potentially replace VisualV for me; its a stylized look that reminds me of NaturalVision Evolved's early releases.)

I have personally combined VisualV with:

2. NaturalVision Evolved Single Player's TEXTURE AND MODEL ASSETS

The work they've done reworking a lot of the base game texture and model work has been quite astonishing I think, AND its all lore-friendly as well. Because of the way its been structured, using these assets is as simple as just adding the aptly named DLC folders (NVE_roads, NVE_vegetation, etc.). That being said, there is a little editing involved to make lighting match with the new models (just 1 timecycle file actually), and you can bring over a lot of further improvements if you know your way around the game's files :)

Some examples from my personal game using VisualV and NVE's improvements

3DEV9N4Jv3-L.png

t_M-2yCo4hu3.pngqQRmG4IZjs1H.png

bsAoFFJCXZiU.png

3. Vehicle Horn Overhaul: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/vehicle-horn-overhaul

Makes all relevant vanilla and a few initial update's vehicles have new and unique horns, which is pretty neat to hear in action when you've got them driving around in traffic.

4. Extended Score and Sirens Fix:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/extended-score-for-wanted-levels-add-on-sound

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/emergency-sirens-fixes-improvements-add-on-sound

Self explanatory; really neat mods. I would recommend checking the author's entire mod list, there's some incredible stuff in there!

5. Alarm on Explosions (and gunfire): https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/alarm-on-explosions-net

A cool script that makes it so that any nearby vehicle within a configured radius will trip its alarm when explosions or gunfire is set off. Can make firefights a lot more "atmospheric" lol

6. Remastered Old Gen Minimap: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/nxg-radar#description_tab

The grayscale map we have now is fine, but the old gen one looks a lot nicer :)

7. Quality of Life Vehicle Pack: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/quality-of-life-vehicle-pack-replace

This is a vehicle pack that aims to fix issues with ALL of the vanilla day 1 vehicle models (i.e. not stuff added with Online) , primarily their normals (look at how the reflections are on the original vehicle models near doors, and then check the new ones from the pack to get an idea). The author aims to update the pack each month with vehicles until the entire set is done.

8. Airwaves and Pre-Millennium Radio:

Restore the beta soundtrack and add a brand new station.

9. Motels and Restaurants:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/hotels-motels-with-a-small-cutscene

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/restaurants-with-a-small-cutscene

Adds a system where you can pass time by getting a room at various motels and hotels around the map, and the latter lets you heal yourself by visiting various eateries around the map.

Note that it DOES NOT ADD ANY INTERIORS, its just a simple fade to black in and out, but done in a way that fits with the game's existing UI and gameplay.

10. Chameleon Paints: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/chameleon-paint-add-on

Enables the chameleon paint system thats available in GTA V E&E (which they left in the current game version disabled -__- some selling point lol ) and adds a lot of custom colours beyond what Rockstar made for E&E too. Can be accessed normally in game through Los Santos Customs as well under the Chrome section!

-luajUAcHAGR.png

There's a lot more, I just cant remember all of it rn :D Some scripts I have aren't available on GTA5-Mods, like "Vehicle Options" that allows for various options like having your brake lights illuminate when stopped, GTA IV style engine control, etc.

If anyone is interested in discussing this to set up a similar build or to just chat about mods, feel free to hit me up on Discord. I'm more than happy to talk about this sort of stuff :beerhat: and thank you OP for curating a good list as well

Wow, you are f*cking AWESOME mate thank you so much, about visualv and visual vanilla; I chose visual vanilla because it's atmosphere friendly visualv looks more photorealistic when it comes to the choice of colors, visual vanilla is only a slight improvement on the vanilla game either way, also how do you get NVE's textures and assets on their own? (more detailed explaination please) I actually wanted to do that but didn't know how it install them seperately (and yes I'm aware I can open the OIV's contents folder using winrar but that would be painful) as for DTAR I will test my game as well and contact the mod creator about the problem, and I was actually using vehicle alarm mod but forgot about listing it here, probably due to how minor it is *I turned gunshots alarm off tho* and gta IV style engine control is on the list if I'm not mistaken, thanks again.

Edited by Ab duoh

You're right, VisualVanilla definitely matches the original game better but I found it a bit weird, just my own preference :D the authors next mod looks really impressive though, hopefully it'll be out this year

Also I forgot to mention another thing, you definitely should be able to just ignore common.rpf and use just update.rpf for relevant files. Just make sure the filepaths are correct and what not. Sure, common.rpf isnt that big to copy so its not that big of a deal, but still  😛

4 hours ago, Ab duoh said:

also how do you get NVE's textures and assets on their own? (more detailed explaination please)

So if you open the OIV installer with 7zip (or w/e tool), you will see that NVE comes with a bunch of dlcpacks, and each of it is split into different modules for different items. For example:

1. NVE_models = all of the new model changes and improvements like new lampposts, buildings, etc.
  2. NVE_lights = new lighting thats been added like neons on shops and buildings
  3. NVE_vegetation = all of NVE's basic vegetation improvements like grass & trees
  4. NVE_vegetation_extra = more improvements like shrubs and bushes, but it will cause your FPS to drop if your PC cant handle it

etc.

All you need to do is take those dlcpacks and add them to your dlclist.xml. This is an example of what I added to my game:

<!--NVE INSTALL-->
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_lights/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_gas/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_lspd/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_models/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_props/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_patches/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_roads/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_vegetation/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_vegetation_extra/</Item>

I think if you do plan on using NVE's improvements then you will at the minimum need to add:

• NVE
  • NVE_models
  • NVE_props

The rest is up to you. You can look through each dlcpack and see if you need it.

Do remember that within these dlcpacks they've also randomly added new models and textures for some vehicles and weapons, so make sure you remove or move the ones from within the NVE dlcpacks to get rid of conflicts if any arise (for example maybe you want to replace the AK textures, but NVE comes with its own new textures for the AK). Use OpenIV's Search feature (CTRL+F3) to quickly look up files.

===

OK, so if youve added these files you'll notice that the lighting in some tunnels might be wrong, like in the Vespucci Tunnels; NVE changed the model  of the tunnel to have a warm colour, but the game will still show the vanilla green lighting and itll look completely wrong.

To fix this, youll have to edit the "timecycle_mods_1.xml" in: update.rpf/common/data/timecycle

This file afaik controls how lighting is done in various spaces around the game. What I did was copy all of the "tunnel" entries from NVE's timecycle_mods_1.xml file into the one we have in our game. Read everything carefully when youre copying them over, because the order has been shuffled around b/w NVE's file and the one in your game.

Alternatively you could just straight up use NVE's timecycle files, but I personally dont think it fits well with VisualV's lighting anyway. Maybe itll be fine with VisualVanilla, who knows 🤷‍♂️

edit: I should also mention there are other files from the NVE installer you could make use of like mapdetail.ytd, graphics.ytd, etc. to spruce up other parts of the map

Edited by Dock

_M0arHnLDgFT.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

send me your openiv.log maybe I can help, I have some questions tho

1- what version are you on? because the others don't seem to have a problem

2- did you check the installation methods? some mods require dependencies and other mods in order to work, and you should generally read thae readmes that come with them.

3- how does your game crash? does it crash in the middle of the loading screen or at a random point in gameplay or at startup?

4- this could help

Edited by Ab duoh

22 hours ago, Joshdapro said:

hey mate, i keep crashing using this mod list. how do i access the crash log so i can send it here?

If your game crashes you may try to use PoolManager:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/poolmanager-dilapidated

10 hours ago, Ab duoh said:

@Ab duoh - very nice list of mods. Will try them out at some point. Many thanks for sharing it here. I must say that GTA5 is really disappointing in free roam mode.

7 hours ago, zoobear said:

If your game crashes you may try to use PoolManager:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/poolmanager-dilapidated

@Ab duoh - very nice list of mods. Will try them out at some point. Many thanks for sharing it here. I must say that GTA5 is really disappointing in free roam mode.

yeah, gangs and npc actions weren't diverse and interesting as in the other games.

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 8:15 AM, Dock said:

You're right, VisualVanilla definitely matches the original game better but I found it a bit weird, just my own preference :D the authors next mod looks really impressive though, hopefully it'll be out this year

Also I forgot to mention another thing, you definitely should be able to just ignore common.rpf and use just update.rpf for relevant files. Just make sure the filepaths are correct and what not. Sure, common.rpf isnt that big to copy so its not that big of a deal, but still  😛

So if you open the OIV installer with 7zip (or w/e tool), you will see that NVE comes with a bunch of dlcpacks, and each of it is split into different modules for different items. For example:

1. NVE_models = all of the new model changes and improvements like new lampposts, buildings, etc.
  2. NVE_lights = new lighting thats been added like neons on shops and buildings
  3. NVE_vegetation = all of NVE's basic vegetation improvements like grass & trees
  4. NVE_vegetation_extra = more improvements like shrubs and bushes, but it will cause your FPS to drop if your PC cant handle it

etc.

All you need to do is take those dlcpacks and add them to your dlclist.xml. This is an example of what I added to my game:

<!--NVE INSTALL-->
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_lights/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_gas/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_lspd/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_models/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_props/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_patches/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_roads/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_vegetation/</Item>
		<Item>dlcpacks:/NVE_vegetation_extra/</Item>

I think if you do plan on using NVE's improvements then you will at the minimum need to add:

• NVE
  • NVE_models
  • NVE_props

The rest is up to you. You can look through each dlcpack and see if you need it.

Do remember that within these dlcpacks they've also randomly added new models and textures for some vehicles and weapons, so make sure you remove or move the ones from within the NVE dlcpacks to get rid of conflicts if any arise (for example maybe you want to replace the AK textures, but NVE comes with its own new textures for the AK). Use OpenIV's Search feature (CTRL+F3) to quickly look up files.

===

OK, so if youve added these files you'll notice that the lighting in some tunnels might be wrong, like in the Vespucci Tunnels; NVE changed the model  of the tunnel to have a warm colour, but the game will still show the vanilla green lighting and itll look completely wrong.

To fix this, youll have to edit the "timecycle_mods_1.xml" in: update.rpf/common/data/timecycle

This file afaik controls how lighting is done in various spaces around the game. What I did was copy all of the "tunnel" entries from NVE's timecycle_mods_1.xml file into the one we have in our game. Read everything carefully when youre copying them over, because the order has been shuffled around b/w NVE's file and the one in your game.

Alternatively you could just straight up use NVE's timecycle files, but I personally dont think it fits well with VisualV's lighting anyway. Maybe itll be fine with VisualVanilla, who knows 🤷‍♂️

edit: I should also mention there are other files from the NVE installer you could make use of like mapdetail.ytd, graphics.ytd, etc. to spruce up other parts of the map

Do you think you could make a quick video tutorial on how to install all this? I really want to try this, but am scared of ruining my game and having to spend more days upon days trying to fix it again. Thank you so much!

On 1/20/2024 at 9:20 AM, Waddalup said:

Do you think you could make a quick video tutorial on how to install all this? I really want to try this, but am scared of ruining my game and having to spend more days upon days trying to fix it again. Thank you so much!

hey bro I don't know if you are talking to me or the guy who sent the message that you are replying to, but I'm having exams these days and I can't make recordings right now (gimme 4 more days), but don't worry my friend just make sure to always install your mods in the "mods" folder and none of the game's files will be replaced, if you don't know anything about modding in this game I would suggest you watch this tutorial: 

• 4 weeks later...
Psycho_Yuri

Sadly the game crash at the point of installing Simcade 1.05

I haven't found a solution yet. Without it it works fine (so far, not all mods yet installed) 

Poolmanager.asi says something about chandlingsobject pool size in gameconfig.xml needs to be raised, and that it's currently 1600. 

but when I look inside that file then it's different values so I don't understand it yet: 

<!-- R* cap = 1250 : Unknown usage-->
                            <PoolName>chandlingobject</PoolName>
                            <PoolSize value="2500" />

On 2/14/2024 at 10:09 PM, Psycho_Yuri said:

Sadly the game crash at the point of installing Simcade 1.05

I haven't found a solution yet. Without it it works fine (so far, not all mods yet installed) 

Poolmanager.asi says something about chandlingsobject pool size in gameconfig.xml needs to be raised, and that it's currently 1600. 

but when I look inside that file then it's different values so I don't understand it yet: 

<!-- R* cap = 1250 : Unknown usage-->
                            <PoolName>chandlingobject</PoolName>
                            <PoolSize value="2500" />

try this

On 8/23/2023 at 4:05 PM, Dock said:

Fixed.

Psycho_Yuri
19 hours ago, Ab duoh said:

try this

Fixed.

I tried but sadly doesn't work neither. Tried different versions of that link. It also doesn't contain those chandlingobject lines at all in that gameconfig. 

25 minutes ago, Psycho_Yuri said:

I tried but sadly doesn't work neither. Tried different versions of that link. It also doesn't contain those chandlingobject lines at all in that gameconfig. 

well, I really don't know what to do mate are you using an older version by any chance? either way there are plenty of other handling mods out there like drive v and complete driving overhaul (which is outdated) so maybe try giving these a shot

Psycho_Yuri
On 2/16/2024 at 5:52 PM, Ab duoh said:

well, I really don't know what to do mate are you using an older version by any chance? either way there are plenty of other handling mods out there like drive v and complete driving overhaul (which is outdated) so maybe try giving these a shot

Thank you for the efforts, I will use Drive V then instead, that one seems to work fine

1 hour ago, Psycho_Yuri said:

Thank you for the efforts, I will use Drive V then instead, that one seems to work fine

You are welcome, tell me if something else doesn't work.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:37 PM, Ab duoh said:

On 2/16/2024 at 6:24 PM, Psycho_Yuri said:

I tried it too and it didn't work for me. Is there something wrong with this mod?

On 2/18/2024 at 5:02 PM, Psycho_Yuri said:

Yes, Drive V works fine.

Edited by KaiCor

2 hours ago, KaiCor said:

I tried it too and it didn't work for me. Is there something wrong with this mod?

idk it works for me, I only chose it because it released recently and it's not too hard to control, but it seems that drive v works for most of you so I will replace it with that.

Psycho_Yuri

Fix "NPCs killable by player only Can break missions by police AI killing friendly NPC's (I had this problem in the Jewel Store Heist where the good gunman on a good bike got killed when driving outside the sewers part, and the mission failed because of that)

Edited by Psycho_Yuri

On 2/20/2024 at 7:12 PM, Psycho_Yuri said:

Fix "NPCs killable by player only Can break missions by police AI killing friendly NPC's (I had this problem in the Jewel Store Heist where the good gunman on a good bike got killed when driving outside the sewers part, and the mission failed because of that)

Are you sure this script is the reason? because the combat mod makes it easier for allies to die (the last mission is a bit harder because of that) besides this mod is supposed to make your allies shoot enemies not the other way around.

Psycho_Yuri
On 2/21/2024 at 8:03 PM, Ab duoh said:

Are you sure this script is the reason? because the combat mod makes it easier for allies to die (the last mission is a bit harder because of that) besides this mod is supposed to make your allies shoot enemies not the other way around.

I'm not 100% sure; the reason why I thought it might be this mod is because of a comment under that page that had the same problem there. But it's just a single comment, and I'm not sure if he also used more mods.  

Edited by Psycho_Yuri

55 minutes ago, Psycho_Yuri said:

I'm not 100% sure; the reason why I thought it might be this mod is because of a comment under that page that had the same problem there. But it's just a single comment, and I'm not sure if he also used more mods.  

interesting. anyway, is this bug preventing you from passing the mission or is it just an inconvenience?