Jump to content

Console Visuals - The Complete Edition


opiumdealer

Recommended Posts

Shame we can't get that god damn console model converter to expand this project more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

catsmackaroo

Awesome project!! I Luv It!!! Super duper pretty, definitely my new default vanilla setup, PC just looks so odd...

 

On 3/4/2023 at 11:48 AM, Flentric said:

Shame we can't get that god damn console model converter to expand this project more.

There is one that I know of, don't know the extent of it but you can get it here created by Juarez, not me. Only works for Xbox, don't know if there's a diff between PS3/Xbox

Link to comment
Share on other sites

opiumdealer
6 hours ago, GTA_homie1 said:

Waah..✨Hope there will be a version for TLAD and TBOGT as well?

currently im still experimenting with IV... to see what else i can convert from the console version, after im done then yeah, i'll start working on EFLC.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2023 at 5:36 PM, catsmackaroo said:

Awesome project!! I Luv It!!! Super duper pretty, definitely my new default vanilla setup, PC just looks so odd...

 

There is one that I know of, don't know the extent of it but you can get it here created by Juarez, not me. Only works for Xbox, don't know if there's a diff between PS3/Xbox

Anyone figured out how to get this to convert xdr to wdr? I tried dragging a .xdr from the 360 version to the xboxiv.exe and this command prompt window pops up for like half a second but no file gets converted.

 

2NVTKp3.png

Edited by Motka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2023 at 4:34 PM, Motka said:

Anyone figured out how to get this to convert xdr to wdr? I tried dragging a .xdr from the 360 version to the xboxiv.exe and this command prompt window pops up for like half a second but no file gets converted.

 

2NVTKp3.png

Just wait for this, it’ll most likely be an optional with this mod whenever Tomasak feels like finishing the rest of the props.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Flentric said:

Just wait for this, it’ll most likely be an optional with this mod whenever Tomasak feels like finishing the rest of the props.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Yea I was basically wanting the correct clothes in Perseus and also the console multiplayer models.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ICameForTheMods
On 3/4/2023 at 9:32 AM, m0rkv2 said:

Cool but can you add the volumetric lighting back to the game

I think the volumetric lighting from the console versions are tied to its shaders and not its timecyc/visualsettings. I could be wrong though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you using some sort of list to know, what is exactly different in the console versions? If not, you can use this: Click!

(It's translated from Russian, but it should do)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just installed this, the difference on TLAD/TBOGT isn't that big but WOW for IV itself it just looks a lot better with the console colours and effects.

  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two things about this:

1. Is it possible to increase the strength of the depth of field at higher resolutions such as 3840x2160? Because, currently, when playing at those resolutions, the DoF is obviously weaker than running at a lower resolution like 720p or 1080p.

2. The brightness still seem different compared to running it on a 360, is it possible for them to be tweaked closer to that? Here's two screenshots as reference, one captured on an Xbox 360 (Looks dark, but the Series X & Xenia have identical looking level of brightness. Something to do with how the 360's gamma is darker than the standard 2.2), and one captured with the mod with the settings suggested in the download:

PjccvpZ.png

795ECVM.png

 

Edited by MrEWhite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
TheEmptyProd.

What About Smooth Console Cars Reflections??? It Is Present In This Mod              ???????     ??????????????              ?????????????? 

Edited by TheEmptyProd.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2023 at 7:16 PM, MrEWhite said:

Two things about this:

1. Is it possible to increase the strength of the depth of field at higher resolutions such as 3840x2160? Because, currently, when playing at those resolutions, the DoF is obviously weaker than running at a lower resolution like 720p or 1080p.

 

This has been a question since 2008 but only of interest to a specific community of people looking for the console aesthetic at higher resolution. If the DOF blur settings could be changed in proportion to the resolution, you could bring the DOF blur effect closer to how it appears on consoles. Some of these settings may be in visualsettings.dat, timecyc.dat and/or the shaders.

 

Part of the reason the PS3 version looks softer than the 360 version would be not just the lower rendering resolution (720p on 360 and 640p on PS3) but also that with the lower resolution the DOF blur effect seems closer to the camera, just what you'd expect from observing the opposite with higher resolution on PC.

 

EDITED another question: Which files are Console Vehicle Reflections? Does this mod preserve the variability added to PC or recreate the uniform high reflection of console? Which files set vehicle reflection?

 

Vehicle reflection being variable is more realistic detail, but also the shiniest PC car shouldn't be less shiny than console. Is it another effect that diminishes in proportion with higher resolution, like DOF blur does?

Edited by Magic_Al
Another question
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2023 at 12:16 AM, Magic_Al said:

 

This has been a question since 2008 but only of interest to a specific community of people looking for the console aesthetic at higher resolution. If the DOF blur settings could be changed in proportion to the resolution, you could bring the DOF blur effect closer to how it appears on consoles. Some of these settings may be in visualsettings.dat, timecyc.dat and/or the shaders.

 

Part of the reason the PS3 version looks softer than the 360 version would be not just the lower rendering resolution (720p on 360 and 640p on PS3) but also that with the lower resolution the DOF blur effect seems closer to the camera, just what you'd expect from observing the opposite with higher resolution on PC.

 

EDITED another question: Which files are Console Vehicle Reflections? Does this mod preserve the variability added to PC or recreate the uniform high reflection of console? Which files set vehicle reflection?

 

Vehicle reflection being variable is more realistic detail, but also the shiniest PC car shouldn't be less shiny than console. Is it another effect that diminishes in proportion with higher resolution, like DOF blur does?

vehicles.ide
On PC vehicles have 3 levels of reflections: low, medium, high; while on consoles these levels simply do not exist. These reflection levels can be removed, but in this case various bugs appear, and because of that, vehicles in this mod has a high and medium level of reflections.
For some reason, level of dirt on vehicles related to level of reflections, and if all vehicles have a high level of reflections, then they will never appear dirty, which is looks odd, therefore, medium level of reflections was remained for those vehicles, that have dirt level when they spawn. But on the other hand, medium level of reflections is not really noticeable, given that the values of global reflections are increased in timecyc.
Also, before this mod was updated, I made a comparison of reflections on PC and XBOX, check this if you interested.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2023 at 1:54 AM, nastyyaboi said:

Schvab for making tool to extract textures out of XDR

Where's this tool? I could use this to update Console Niko Clothes Pack to fix the lack of normal/specular maps for one of the shoes.

Edit: Oh wait nvm I just downloaded the mod, saw it has the clothes included but blank maps, I guess console never had them in the first place

Edited by B Dawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's the difference between Console trees and the PC trees? and how to install those suits in game..btw does it include all the suits from the Console version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone test this on boxed copy 1.0.7.0/1.1.2.0?
Funnily enough I tried my hand at a similar mod 8-9 years ago and never released it.

Edited by 86DX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CEOofBurgerShot
10 hours ago, Afowlia said:

It should be compatible since it's not a script mod.

As someone who is a noob at downloading these mods. Is there more of a guide? I messed up my game so it wouldn't start when I tried to add the anti-aliasing stuff, SMAA, FXAA. Not sure what I did wrong. I think it was the dlls that messed it up. I did something. Good thing I made a copy. Thanks.

Edited by CEOofBurgerShot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 11:08 PM, Afowlia said:

It should be compatible since it's not a script mod.

You're 100 percent sure that the next patch that this was tested/devved on doesn't change anything with the rendering pipeline?
Yup, so far so good. I was just being overly cautious lol. Some tree shadows are a tad wonky looking - was this the case on console? I don't remember them being so pixelated.

Edited by 86DX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just saying but I feel like we should add more stuff from the console version like fixed models for johnny and Luis in cutscenes or the fixed framerate in cutscenes.

Edited by Zempo
To be a little more specific
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Zempo said:

Just saying but I feel like we should add more stuff from the console version like fixed models for johnny and Luis in cutscenes or the fixed framerate in cutscenes.

FusionFix lets you set different framerate caps for gameplay and cutscenes and Character Fixes lets you get rid of the character inconsistencies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.