I forgot what a menace the police can be

Paper Mario

So I've been replaying GTA 3 again for the first time ever since I played it as a kid, and never finished the game back then due to lack of understanding. Yesterday I just played a mission on the 2nd island where you have to take some guy out who's in a car, and it's mentioned this guy is nothing when on foot. So, you basically just needed to kill this guy by damaging his vehicle enough. Sounds super easy and simple enough, right?

Well, I wasn't told I'd get an automatic 4 stars as soon as I reached the guy, lol. The police spawn more rapidly, are super aggressive and bonk you as much as they can. Sometimes it was helpful, as they boosted me towards my target, but holy cow man, I probably flipped my car about 4 times during that mission due to the cops. I still got my target later on, but it just took a bit longer due to the police being such crazy idiots. I mean, it was hilarious as well. I am not annoyed or anything, because this was some crazy stupid fun. I saw cop cars flying as well. literally! they got bonked so hard they flew quite high in the air. even i flew up high at one point. and then looking in the back mirror, i see them flail themselves into the water too. and jesus, the cops on foot aren't even save, because i needed to make a turn, but got stuck, and i saw a cop on foot right next to me, but a police car just rushed past so quick since it tried to hit me, but missed, and completely flattened the cop. that looked very hilarious

But the only annoying thing is, cop stars don't seem to disappear on their own. and it's hard to find those cop star emblems to lower them. i am very unfamiliar with the map. even pay n sprays are hard to find. and those don't even seem to work during a mission? i tried to spray a car while on 2 stars during a mission, but there was too much heat on it apparently? but it's fine in free-roam, lol

anywho, just wanted to share that. I think this is the first time I ever explored that 2nd island in the game, since I never got that far as a kid. But now the game is a breeze of course :p

• Best Bru 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

7 hours ago, GTAFanLuca said:

You cannot respray emergency vehicles. That's probably why there was too much heat on it. 

wha? that is weird. i guess only during missions? since i resprayed a cop car in free-roam and it got rid of the cops :p

4 hours ago, Paper Mario said:

wha? that is weird. i guess only during missions? since i resprayed a cop car in free-roam and it got rid of the cops :p

Shouldn't be possible... Unless the game has been modded, or you found a glitch.

But yeah, GTA 3 is great and hilarious at times. It's not trying to be realistic, and it's perfect.

7 hours ago, Paper Mario said:

The only exception I am aware of is the FBI Car. That one can be resprayed. But if you resprayed an actual police cruiser... then I do not know what to say. As @Lioshenka said, it should not be possible.

17 minutes ago, GTAFanLuca said:

The only exception I am aware of is the FBI Car. That one can be resprayed. But if you resprayed an actual police cruiser... then I do not know what to say. As @Lioshenka said, it should not be possible.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I am super sure I grabbed a normal police car, went inside the pay n spray near Luigi's and then the stars disappeared. I thought that this was impossible as well, as I remembered from Vice City, but I never played 3 enough to remember, so I thought this was normal in the game, until I tried again and it didn't work.

Maybe it was a glitch, or I saw it wrong after all. The latter is probably more likely, but I am suuuuuper sure of using a cop car. I did this just about 2 days ago, so the memory of that is quite fresh.